Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Audiophile Lounge, Audiophile Lounge to chit chat (Hi-Fi)

views

TSjoshuachew
post Mar 3 2016, 07:06 PM, updated 3 months ago

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

Thought I'd open a thread to talk about general gear discussions, shows and event and latest audio news.

Go!
noobandroid
post Mar 3 2016, 07:37 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

looks like current trend of talk is mojo and iems
kimsim
post Mar 3 2016, 07:40 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

deleted

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 11 2016, 04:34 PM
MYG.TiFF
post Mar 3 2016, 07:40 PM

6 posts

Lets continue!
kimsim
post Mar 3 2016, 07:51 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

REMAX RM-600M

Moving iron unit, should be another level for me laugh.gif
user posted image

user posted image
echineko
post Mar 3 2016, 08:06 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 3 2016, 07:40 PM)
Ini baru cool man.

1st lesson to be teardown ATH-IM50 and order REMAX Rm-600m iron unit driver for swap over smile.gif

Sound cool right
That's some straight-up Frankenstein stuff right there biggrin.gif Not sure what the results will be like, do you have a rig to measure a before and after frequency response?

Also, if you're interested in this kind of stuff, the next logical step would be to 3d-print a housing for the driver, instead of just slapping it into an existing shell.
VagueConcerns
post Mar 3 2016, 08:19 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

The IM50 would have more bass, and because it has dual drivers it's much more sensitive (108dB vs 97 dB), and with that sensitivity you won't have to push it as far to produce decent volume, and therefore it will stay well out of distortion levels.

My guess is, because the BA driver of the RM600M is self contained, it'll most probably be about the same. Maybe some minor differences, because of the longer nozzle (and probably different diametre too). The IM50's casing is quite unergonomic, and a BA driver would require no less than a perfect vacuum seal, so that could be a problem.
kimsim
post Mar 3 2016, 09:23 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Another cool thing, everyone talks in head-fi now in stereo soon smile.gif

Can't wait
user posted image
noobandroid
post Mar 3 2016, 09:27 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 3 2016, 09:23 PM)

Can't wait
user posted image
not much people talks about mee, i have the duos gold and am not using it at all since i got it
Ask_Yip
post Mar 3 2016, 09:38 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

lipoting in!
echineko
post Mar 3 2016, 09:43 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 3 2016, 09:27 PM)
not much people talks about mee, i have the duos gold and am not using it at all since i got it
Seemed like a midfi brand, never tried their higher-priced models. Why aren't you using it then? Also, why not just sell it and put the cash towards your Mojo?

noobandroid
post Mar 3 2016, 09:47 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 3 2016, 09:43 PM)
Seemed like a midfi brand, never tried their higher-priced models. Why aren't you using it then? Also, why not just sell it and put  the cash towards your Mojo?
it doesnt have much value to begin with
penmarker
post Mar 3 2016, 11:52 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

I managed to get my speakers last week. Edifier Studio 7, they're pretty ok for the price. But I think if I waited a little longer I could've gotten a pair of KRK Rokits instead.

user posted image

Even though the speakers aren't TOTL, I prefer them over headphones at the moment. The music experience is different between headphones and speakers.
kimsim
post Mar 3 2016, 11:57 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Mar 3 2016, 11:52 PM)
I managed to get my speakers last week. Edifier Studio 7, they're pretty ok for the price. But I think if I waited a little longer I could've gotten a pair of KRK Rokits instead.

user posted image

Even though the speakers aren't TOTL, I prefer them over headphones at the moment. The music experience is different between headphones and speakers.
Home speaker would be good too, but most of time didn't manage a good cleaning, would be dust collector, in between headphone & IEMs is personal preference too.

ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 12:54 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 3 2016, 09:23 PM)

Can't wait
Heard about the Pinnacle P1. It's like MEE put in all their chips for their big mid-fi flagship. Read that it sounds neutral, slight treble emphasis with wide stage. I wouldn't be so interested in it if it weren't sold out since CNY. You getting? The machined metal looks nice.
VagueConcerns
post Mar 4 2016, 02:00 AM

Enthusiast
859 posts

50 ohm impedance. It would need an amp to drive properly. Though it is an easy load for portables (albeit you won't reach very high volumes).
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 07:41 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

Honestly, does acoustic design on the inner housing matters? I wonder if plastic (cheaper ones) encasing does affect sound. Coz I really find the likes of Finals (especially), Dita, and IEMs with metal housing sound slightly different. Like they can afford louder sound w/o distortion (or is it because they're more expensive than the ones I tried? Shrugs).
Shure did a great job on their 846 low pass thingy. That's also related to what I'm talking about. Less on the driver unit, more on the design of passage between the driver and our ears.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 07:44 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 07:41 AM)
Honestly, does acoustic design on the inner housing matters? I wonder if plastic (cheaper ones) encasing does affect sound. Coz I really find the likes of Finals (especially), Dita, and IEMs with metal housing sound slightly different. Like they can afford louder sound w/o distortion (or is it because they're more expensive than the ones I tried? Shrugs).
Shure did a great job on their 846 low pass thingy. That's also related to what I'm talking about. Less on the driver unit, more on the design of passage between the driver and our ears.
Bass impact + sound leak for matel shell/housing will help up.

Such as soild wood vs chipboard on speaker the sound might be slightly different too.

kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 07:49 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 12:54 AM)
Heard about the Pinnacle P1. It's like MEE put in all their chips for their big mid-fi flagship. Read that it sounds neutral, slight treble emphasis with wide stage. I wouldn't be so interested in it if it weren't sold out since CNY. You getting? The machined metal looks nice.
Not getting yet, cause my target on end of month go n grab JH Angie ll, hope I can afford it. laugh.gif

Since from my Remax S1 can fulfill me brows.gif
shin2l
post Mar 4 2016, 07:56 AM

Regular
1,027 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 3 2016, 09:38 PM)
lipoting in!
Buy any new item at CanJam Singapore?
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 08:17 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Anyone own the Westone W60 or 4R or UM Pro 50 here, please feedback and how does the impression sound laugh.gif

Very interesting on westone cause they package more armature drivers than Shure 846 max 4 drivers only

Actually shure 846 the sound not thick enough, so I dislike shure 846 btw

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 4 2016, 08:19 AM
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 4 2016, 08:31 AM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 07:49 AM)
Not getting yet, cause my target on end of month go n grab JH Angie ll, hope I can afford it. laugh.gif

I can tells you that Remax will been bester than JH Angie.
Make Remax great again.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 08:37 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 4 2016, 08:31 AM)
I can tells you that Remax will been bester than JH Angie.
Make Remax great again.
REMAX is better, let you eat same foods you might getting boring, different IEMs got different taste laugh.gif

I knew you're the legend here.. So that is why wanna learn from you guys here
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:27 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 07:41 AM)
I don't know, but just as an example, Sammy Rhapsodio mentioned that his flagship Galaxy actually sounds better (better details, brighter) in its universal metal housing, as opposed to the acryllic custom version (darker, bassier). This is the first time I've heard a company boss claiming that his uni is better than the custom lol.
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:29 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 07:49 AM)

Sure you can afford, but question is whether you like the Angie sound. Better bring your Remax to compare when testing.
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 09:32 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:27 AM)
I don't know, but just as an example, Sammy Rhapsodio mentioned that his flagship Galaxy actually sounds better (better details, brighter) in its universal metal housing, as opposed to the acryllic custom version (darker, bassier). This is the first time I've heard a company boss claiming that his uni is better than the custom lol.
I love metal or ceramic housing when done right. It has this special echo which makes the sound more "mature/stable". Or weighty.
But the latest kumitomo trio, it's Damn bright.
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 09:40 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:32 AM)
I love metal or ceramic housing when done right. It has this special echo which makes the sound more "mature/stable". Or weighty.
But the latest kumitomo trio, it's Damn bright.
at canjam i noticed quite a few companies start using titanium shells or something like that, they claim it prevents vibration on the shell so all tje sound will be channeled to the ear canal and not lost in shell vibrations

but i dont buy their claim, there's no evidence of it
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:41 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 09:40 AM)
at canjam i noticed quite a few companies start using titanium shells or something like that,  they claim it prevents vibration on the shell so all tje sound will be channeled to the ear canal and not lost in shell vibrations

My engineer friends just admire the construction. Apatu metal injection moulding. They don't buy the claim of "better sound" either.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 09:43 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:41 AM)
My engineer friends just admire the construction. Apatu metal injection moulding. They don't buy the claim of "better sound" either.
Compfire Jupiter used mater housing should produces much details as well
konpaku
post Mar 4 2016, 09:44 AM

Casual
337 posts

at canjam i noticed quite a few companies start using titanium shells or something like that,  they claim it prevents vibration on the shell so all tje sound will be channeled to the ear canal and not lost in shell vibrations

i beg to differ on this one. i own both Flare's R2A (aluminium) and R2Pro (titanium). The housing structure is the same, but made with different material. the sound signature is hugely different between these two. sound stage is also wider on the titanium one.
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:47 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 09:43 AM)
Compfire Jupiter used mater housing should produces much details as well
I didn't know that. Few that got mentioned are like the Pinnacle P1, RHA T10i, and the Macaw GT100s.

You sold the T20 confirm you looking for sound and not construction haha.

But I love the Jupiter sound, very airy and comfortable sig. Now looking for lubang to get it cheap cheap.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 09:49 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:47 AM)
I didn't know that. Few that got mentioned are like the Pinnacle P1, RHA T10i, and the Macaw GT100s.

But I love the Jupiter sound, very airy and comfortable sig. Now looking for lubang to get it cheap cheap.
Anyway carousell.sg will do
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:49 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 09:44 AM)
i beg to differ on this one. i own both Flare's R2A (aluminium) and R2Pro (titanium). The housing structure is the same, but made with different material. the sound signature is hugely different between these two. sound stage is also wider on the titanium one.
Sounds plausible, but as always sound is subjective. So there will never be a peer-reviewed, randomised controlled trials that will prove that titanium housings improve soundstage. Beauty in the ears of the beholder.

How are the Flares? Saw one in the garage sales. Live up to the hype?
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:50 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 09:49 AM)
Anyway carousell.sg will do
Or you can buy Jupiter instead of Angie, don't like also never mind, I'll buy it cheap cheap from you.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 09:54 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:50 AM)
Or you can buy Jupiter instead of Angie, don't like also never mind, I'll buy it cheap cheap from you.
No lah, buy n sell waste money, I should be a good one, can used for longer and at least few years.

RHA T20 sound is beautiful, but just 2 coil dynamics meant only produces 2 layers, bass & treble without mids, I like voices more more bassy.

So my REMAX S1 can deliver better balanced at all

But dunno why ppls still prefer Noble K10 smile.gif

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 4 2016, 10:01 AM
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 10:09 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

it might not be the shell but the drivers, unless they use exact build except the shell
VagueConcerns
post Mar 4 2016, 10:11 AM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:27 AM)
The time will come when we will have the technology to mass produce custom metal in-ear monitors. tongue.gif
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 09:54 AM)
No lah, buy n sell waste money, I should be a good one, can used for longer and at least few years.

RHA T20 sound is beautiful, but just 2 coil dynamics meant only produces 2 layers, bass & treble without mids, I like voices more more bassy.

Honest face. I just called my relationship manager and am buying Remax shares right now.
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

Yep. If what Final Audio Design claimed is true, they basically use the entirely same inner part on both Piano Forte IX and Piano Forte X, but I totally find the IX to be brighter than the much thicker X. IX is on stainless steel and X is on chrome copper. I tried the Piano Forte II, it sounds... well, like the bass reflected not evenly.

Jupiter is marvelous! thumbup.gif

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 09:54 AM)

what is bass & treble without mids? V-shaped, or totally recessed, or totally no mids?
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 10:17 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM)
Honest face. I just called my relationship manager and am buying Remax shares right now.
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
konpaku
post Mar 4 2016, 10:17 AM

Casual
337 posts

found lubang please share brows.gif brows.gif

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:49 AM)
Sounds plausible, but as always sound is subjective. So there will never be a peer-reviewed, randomised controlled trials that will prove that titanium housings improve soundstage. Beauty in the ears of the beholder.

How are the Flares? Saw one in the garage sales. Live up to the hype?
i'd say the R2As are absolute steal at that price point (50GBP at kickstarter price). R2Pros on the other hand, not value for money at 200GBP. both driven with same dynamic driver. Pro has better details, punchier bass, wider and taller soundstage. treble is laidback on both, and not too detailed like BAs. bass is amazing though, on the R2As, but more controlled and punchier+tighter on the Pros. bass lovers should definitely try these out. @phillip88 demo-ed the r2pro while testing my DP-X1. maybe he can chip in his opinion.

my brother and i did a couple of blind tests with these pairs and i was able to tell them apart every single time. i'm not saying that my opinion is final, but just stating that the difference is obvious to me.

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 10:09 AM)
it might not be the shell but the drivers, unless they use exact build except the shell
the drivers are the same, or so they claim. i bought a pair of spare drivers for just-in-case repairs and they told me they are all the same for R2S, R2A and R2Pro. while i'm no mechanical/EE engineer, i did open up the housing and they look similar to me.

This post has been edited by konpaku: Mar 4 2016, 10:32 AM
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 10:20 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM)
Yep. If what Final Audio Design claimed is true, they basically use the entirely same inner part on both Piano Forte IX and Piano Forte X, but I totally find the IX to be brighter than the much thicker X. IX is on stainless steel and X is on chrome copper. I tried the Piano Forte II, it sounds... well, like the bass reflected not evenly.
Jupiter is marvelous!  thumbup.gif
what is bass & treble without mids? V-shaped, or totally recessed, or totally no mids?
Anyway when u compare from 2 speakers with 4 speakers the sound was different a lot
Ask_Yip
post Mar 4 2016, 10:21 AM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

QUOTE(shin2l @ Mar 4 2016, 07:56 AM)
Buy any new item at CanJam Singapore?
din even go to visit CanJam biggrin.gif

been busy lately, my desktop setup is collection dust, only daily commuting to work with my iPod classic + Fiio Q1 + TF10 smile.gif

and I have no target to buy anything, yet. tongue.gif
echineko
post Mar 4 2016, 10:23 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 4 2016, 10:21 AM)
Be thankful, that's truly a state of contentment so few of us achieve tongue.gif

shin2l
post Mar 4 2016, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,027 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 4 2016, 10:21 AM)
din even go to visit CanJam biggrin.gif

been busy lately, my desktop setup is collection dust, only daily commuting to work with my iPod classic + Fiio Q1 + TF10 smile.gif

Haha, recently I sold my AK100II, now just using Note 5 + my SE846 for daily outstation use

Meanwhile I continue to try <RM3k DAPs, may be eventually buy Sony PCM-D100 or Onkyo DP-X1 or any new player with good price and good sound cool.gif

BTW, no more AK player liao bye.gif

This post has been edited by shin2l: Mar 4 2016, 10:38 AM
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 10:43 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 10:17 AM)
found lubang please share  brows.gif  brows.gif
i'd say the R2As are absolute steal at that price point (50GBP at kickstarter price). R2Pros on the other hand, not value for money at 200GBP. both driven with same dynamic driver. Pro has better details, punchier bass, wider and taller soundstage. treble is laidback on both, and not too detailed like BAs. bass is amazing though, on the R2As, but more controlled and punchier+tighter on the Pros. bass lovers should definitely try these out. @phillip88 demo-ed the r2pro while testing my DP-X1. maybe he can chip in his opinion.

my brother and i did a couple of blind tests with these pairs and i was able to tell them apart every single time. i'm not saying that my opinion is final, but just stating that the difference is obvious to me.
the drivers are the same, or so they claim. i bought a pair of spare drivers for just-in-case repairs and they told me they are all the same for R2S, R2A and R2Pro. while i'm no mechanical/EE engineer, i did open up the housing and they look similar to me.
It's a micro driver, that's as obvious as I can tell. The sound coming from that micro driver, the type of bass, quite similar to Yamaha EPH-100. Just that I can hear it has (i suspect) achieved its potential with the DP-X1. Still, not the utmost clearest sound. But definitely live-able when wanting a more relaxed listening.

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 10:20 AM)
Anyway when u compare from 2 speakers with 4 speakers the sound was different a lot
Erm. Maybe I haven't achieve that kind of level yet. Regardless of how many drivers inside an IEM, it's either coherent or incoherent to my ears.

QUOTE(shin2l @ Mar 4 2016, 10:38 AM)
Haha, recently I sold my AK100II, now just using Note 5 + my SE846 for daily outstation use

Meanwhile I continue to try <RM3k DAPs, may be eventually buy Sony PCM-D100 or Onkyo DP-X1 or any new player with good price and good sound cool.gif

Definitely do consider DP-X1 as it's is really light, and the sound is amazing! DX80 is smooth. Both are portable.
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 10:45 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Mar 4 2016, 10:11 AM)
The time will come when we will have the technology to mass produce custom metal in-ear monitors.  tongue.gif
That'll be awesomesauce. Carbon fibre is being overdone.

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM)
Count me in. K10 beaters at sub-RM100, where to find!

Remember what the marketing dept said about Heaven V Aging? The sound will change character over time as the metal housing matures. First reaction is yau mouuu? Then I sold my Heaven VI.

Jupiter retails RM4399 from E1. Price is... okaylarr (SGD1399), but when you think about whay you can buy for the family instead (eg new laptop, bluray 5.1 home theatre, unit trust lol) then the guilt sets in.
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 10:48 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 10:45 AM)
That'll be awesomesauce. Carbon fibre is being overdone.
Count me in. K10 beaters at sub-RM100, where to find!
Remember what the marketing dept said about Heaven V Aging? The sound will change character over time as the metal housing matures. First reaction is yau mouuu? Then I sold my Heaven VI.

Jupiter retails RM4399 from E1. Price is... okaylarr (SGD1399), but when you think about whay you can buy for the family instead (eg new laptop, bluray 5.1 home theatre, unit trust lol) then the guilt sets in.
I'm not sure about V Aging changing sound. AFAIK it's just the surface being oxidized.

U think too much then no need buy liao lor. Haha. That's why u wanna buy these exorbitant stuffs, do it when you're single and live alone. Won't have much guilt devil.gif
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 10:52 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

we should ignore kimsim cause he has no idea what he is saying
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 10:57 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 10:43 AM)
It's a micro driver, that's as obvious as I can tell. The sound coming from that micro driver, the type of bass, quite similar to Yamaha EPH-100. Just that I can hear it has (i suspect) achieved its potential with the DP-X1. Still, not the utmost clearest sound. But definitely live-able when wanting a more relaxed listening.
Erm. Maybe I haven't achieve that kind of level yet. Regardless of how many drivers inside an IEM, it's either coherent or incoherent to my ears.
Definitely do consider DP-X1 as it's is really light, and the sound is amazing! DX80 is smooth. Both are portable.
RHA T20 dual coil dynamics driver only produces sound, Bass and Treble, but mids ranges un clear, so the voical voices very weaks, all covering impact by bass punchy, can't listen voices as well.

Remax S1 maybe cheap IEM but quad core in 1 dynamic driver can produces : mids, bass and treble with detailed.

The sound totally like a live concert or studio room, can be listened more enjoyable, unlike it very flat n something missing on detailed.
shin2l
post Mar 4 2016, 10:59 AM

Regular
1,027 posts

DX80, nope, I have to admit it is good sound at its price but UI just dont suit me, so skipped~
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:02 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 10:57 AM)
RHA T20 dual coil dynamics driver only produces sound, Bass and Treble, but mids ranges un clear, so the voical voices very weaks, all covering impact by bass punchy, can't listen voices as well.

Remax S1 maybe cheap IEM but quad core in 1 dynamic driver can produces : mids, bass and treble with detailed.

The sound totally like a live concert or studio room, can be listened more enjoyable, unlike it very flat n something missing on detailed.
why are you so concerned with driver amounts, they dont matter when tuning is bad, what "dual coil dynamic" etc are just names
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:03 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

have the dx90, love the sound, but the software wise, worst ever used
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 10:57 AM)

I wonder what does it mean quad core? It's not a friggin CPU, and I never heard people use core to replace the term BA. Perhaps a new design which I haven't discovered.

Erm... AFAIK the second driver of T20 is to produce treble (AFAIU from the orange line on the graph). It's still pretty even across the frequency, and unless the unit you got is defective, the sound should be pretty balanced right?
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:02 AM)
why are you so concerned with driver amounts, they dont matter when tuning is bad, what "dual coil dynamic" etc are just names
Why Layla have 12 drivers vs Roise 6 drivers lol
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 11:07 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(shin2l @ Mar 4 2016, 10:59 AM)
DX80, nope, I have to admit it is good sound at its price but UI just dont suit me, so skipped~
QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:03 AM)
have the dx90, love the sound, but the software wise, worst ever used
Yep, but I think I can live with that lol. Reminds me of Questyle UI, it is horrid, but the sound... uh...marvelous.

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM)
Erm... different tuning? coz each driver has different property and tune-ability.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:07 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM)
I wonder what does it mean quad core? It's not a friggin CPU, and I never heard people use core to replace the term BA. Perhaps a new design which I haven't discovered.

Erm... AFAIK the second driver of T20 is to produce treble (AFAIU from the orange line on the graph). It's still pretty even across the frequency, and unless the unit you got is defective, the sound should be pretty balanced right?
No if you were listen from r&b electric remix shouldn't be a problems like missing detailed, if you just listen song like Mariah Carey the high voices can tell the different
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:09 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

everytime i reply to kimsim, my life shortens by couple minutes..
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 4 2016, 11:09 AM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

Then how does Remax sound better than Noble K10 with ten drivers? *drops mic*
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:11 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:09 AM)
Don't be like that leh, just Ignore your offer for mojo only Mah.
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 11:11 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 10:17 AM)
found lubang please share  brows.gif  brows.gif
Dude in Headfi selling for $735, but wants to deal with an American with PP account in US. So if you have friends/relatives there, good lor. I'm out.

QUOTE(shin2l @ Mar 4 2016, 10:38 AM)

One more vote for the DP-X1. Sounds so good for the price.

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 10:48 AM)
U think too much then no need buy liao lor. Haha. That's why u wanna buy these exorbitant stuffs, do it when you're single and live alone. Won't have much guilt  devil.gif
Poison is still poison hahahahah
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 11:17 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 11:07 AM)
No if you were listen from r&b electric remix shouldn't be a problems like missing detailed, if you just listen song like Mariah Carey the high voices can tell the different
Erm... U mean extension? Yeah. But did u try changing the tuning filters? It might help, u know?
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:18 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 4 2016, 11:09 AM)
Then how does Remax sound better than Noble K10 with ten drivers? *drops mic*
REMAX just like fake sound, not as good than piston 1.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:19 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 11:17 AM)
Erm... U mean extension? Yeah. But did u try changing the tuning filters? It might help, u know?
I used preference filter, now sold already, talk no used.

jchue73
post Mar 4 2016, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,496 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 10:45 AM)
Errr... But wait. Isn't new laptop, bluray 5.1 home theatre for the family or for yourself? cool2.gif

Easy. So that give companies like JH Audio a chance to screw other people with higher prices and profit margins. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 11:11 AM)
One more vote for the DP-X1. Sounds so good for the price.
I've yet to listen to one. But I'm afraid it's going to be the same.

noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:22 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

@kimsin thinks i am against him cause of him selling his used mojo for SGD750, when i can find a new one at RM2400, absurdity at it's finest from the best man of the hour
jchue73
post Mar 4 2016, 11:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,496 posts

Oh damn, I think it's a mistake lah posting here. Don't know what's true and what's not anymore. The head hurts trying to filter out.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:28 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:22 AM)
@kimsin thinks i am against him cause of him selling his used mojo for SGD750, when i can find a new one at RM2400, absurdity at it's finest from the best man of the hour
I see, but do you really needs mojo to enhance the quality of sound?

Since I'm get it then just used to it.

I was found the sound only deliver warmed than without mojo, but bass would be improved a lot
konpaku
post Mar 4 2016, 11:47 AM

Casual
337 posts

oh god, kimsim. please brush up your english. i totally cannot understand the points that you are trying to convey. it might be easier to understand you if you just post in chinese or whatever your native language may be.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:52 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 11:47 AM)
oh god, kimsim. please brush up your english. i totally cannot understand the points that you are trying to convey. it might be easier to understand you if you just post in chinese or whatever your native language may be.
Sorry to my poor English standard, cause when I as young no hardworking for study
konpaku
post Mar 4 2016, 11:54 AM

Casual
337 posts

i've never heard anyone called dynamic drivers as micro drivers. are they the same thing? afaik eph-100 is also driven with dynamic drivers, 6mm ones. not debating about terminologies, just wondering if i'm missing out on something new
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:58 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 11:54 AM)
i've never heard anyone called dynamic drivers as micro drivers. are they the same thing? afaik eph-100 is also driven with dynamic drivers, 6mm ones. not debating about terminologies, just wondering if i'm missing out on something new
Here is what REMAX does
user posted image
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 11:59 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 11:54 AM)
No, the term is not official. Just saw it somewhere else and thought using it for the convenience of describing dynamic driver with the size of 6mm or equivalent smaller ones.

Somehow they sound quite similar. Bass is not really deep, and the mids are kinda thick-ish.
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 12:00 PM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 11:58 AM)
Here is what REMAX does
user posted image
That looks to me like a single driver. I wonder where's the quad core coming from?
Genuinely interested. Coz it's something new to me.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 12:02 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 12:00 PM)
That looks to me like a single driver. I wonder where's the quad core coming from?
He he don't believed the beautiful n smooth sound leh, should get one to try out by you
konpaku
post Mar 4 2016, 12:06 PM

Casual
337 posts

banlence with high, mediant, bass sound

i'm sold too. wait, u're serious right?

while i'm not rejecting the possibility of cheap stuff sounding good, i just can't possibly believe that something at 200 bucks can better something at the >1000 range, unless we are talking about high margin stuff like beats

This post has been edited by konpaku: Mar 4 2016, 12:06 PM
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 12:06 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

it feels so much bluff remax making that kim fell for it, next thing u know he will say beats better than lcd4 or stax
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 12:09 PM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 12:02 PM)
He he don't believed the beautiful n smooth sound leh, should get one to try out by you
No, don't get me wrong. I'm not doubting your experience. You sound genuinely enjoying your Remax, which is a good thing. Music is about enjoyment.

Just that I don't understand the term: Quad core driver. What does that supposed to mean? Maybe you don't know, because you're not the one making it. But I do hope Remax could've made it clearer.

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 12:06 PM)
banlence with high, mediant, bass sound

i'm sold too. wait, u're serious right?

while i'm not rejecting the possibility of cheap stuff sounding good, i just can't possibly believe that something at 200 bucks can better something at the >1000 range.
I'm not doubting his experience either. Remember the times when I was new to these stuffs and could hardly discern good sound from the bad, even the sub RM200 sounds majestic!
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 12:15 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 12:09 PM)
No, don't get me wrong. I'm not doubting your experience. You sound genuinely enjoying your Remax, which is a good thing. Music is about enjoyment.

Just that I don't understand the term: Quad core driver. What does that supposed to mean? Maybe you don't know, because you're not the one making it. But I do hope Remax could've made it clearer.
I'm not doubting his experience either. Remember the times when I was new to these stuffs and could hardly discern good sound from the bad, even the sub RM200 sounds majestic!
Maybe I'm still new in audiophile, while the sound quality I should knew the different, cause on ever single piece was used money to buy.

To be honest the sound from REMAX s1 sound detailed as much better than IM50, from im50 slightly flat without mids range, good bass & treble just without fun n haven sound detailed
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 12:15 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 12:09 PM)

the language in the ad is totally over the top
yen262
post Mar 4 2016, 12:16 PM

Regular
1,080 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:09 AM)
Life is short, don't waste your minutes~ laugh.gif
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 12:18 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(yen262 @ Mar 4 2016, 12:16 PM)
Life is short, don't waste your minutes~  laugh.gif
Ya just told him buy mojo now, otherwise waste life , cause life is shorter too
echineko
post Mar 4 2016, 12:19 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

I think it's a misunderstanding of terms, quad core /= quad driver. Seems to me a its a single driver with multiple components, the illustration seems to indicate that too. Not exactly convinced by the marketing copy, but then I've never listened to it.
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 12:59 PM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 12:15 PM)
Maybe I'm still new in audiophile, while the sound quality I should knew the different, cause on ever single piece was used money to buy.

To be honest the sound from REMAX s1 sound detailed as much better than IM50, from im50 slightly flat without mids range, good bass & treble just without fun n haven sound detailed
IM50 to my ears are fat, thick and with good midrange. Treble not so loud. It's quite detailed for the price tho.

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 12:15 PM)
the language in the ad is totally over the top
I try not to think the obvious icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 4 2016, 12:19 PM)
I think it's a misunderstanding of terms, quad core /= quad driver. Seems to me a its a single driver with multiple components, the illustration seems to indicate that too. Not exactly convinced by the marketing copy, but then I've never listened to it.
Yep. That's what I saw too. Single dynamic driver. Wonder where the quad come from.
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 01:15 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 12:59 PM)
IM50 to my ears are fat, thick and with good midrange. Treble not so loud. It's quite detailed for the price tho.
I try not to think the obvious  icon_rolleyes.gif
Yep. That's what I saw too. Single dynamic driver. Wonder where the quad come from.
quad wiring maybe laugh.gif
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 01:21 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 12:59 PM)
I try not to think the obvious  icon_rolleyes.gif
Usually talks can be how well of these.
Once you try it out the taste was different feels.

IM50 is the pure dynamic drive vs this RM-535 dynamic drive are totally different, at center portion was made with matel piece.

user posted image

Vs IM50 with pure dynamic driver can generate more bass is true.
user posted image

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 4 2016, 01:23 PM
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 01:25 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 01:21 PM)
Usually talks can be how well of these.
Once you try it out the taste was different feels.

IM50 is the pure dynamic drive vs this RM-535 dynamic drive are totally different, at center portion was made with matel piece.
Vs IM50 with pure dynamic driver can generate more bass is true.
So... did you sell the IM50 or did you take it apart for experiments? tongue.gif

kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 01:26 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 01:25 PM)
So... did you sell the IM50 or did you take it apart for experiments? tongue.gif
Actually I'm decide for sell, end out already teardown then keep for modify as I can
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 01:32 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Should I send one pair of REMAX S1 to E1 - AKG for demo set, then you guys feel free can try it out laugh.gif

That's good idea right

Since I had ordered extra set for backup used

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 4 2016, 01:35 PM
penmarker
post Mar 4 2016, 01:39 PM

Regular
1,853 posts

Trained ears are like experienced car mechanics; they know what to look for in the sound, not just hear the sound vroom vrooom loud or not.

Get accustomed to reference sound equipment first and then make an informed judgment.
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 4 2016, 02:52 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 11:47 AM)
bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif He has made it to my ignore list. Not worth the effort replying. thumbsup.gif rclxub.gif
Ask_Yip
post Mar 4 2016, 02:54 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 01:32 PM)
Should I send one pair of REMAX S1 to E1 - AKG for demo set, then you guys feel free can try it out laugh.gif

That's good idea right

Since I had ordered extra set for backup used
this is the craziest idea I have heard

business is business my friend, enough for your Remax story
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 03:10 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 4 2016, 02:54 PM)
this is the craziest idea I have heard

business is business my friend, enough for your Remax story
Noted that... Anyway just forget about Remax here smile.gif
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 05:46 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

So... anyone got new loot?
echineko
post Mar 4 2016, 05:52 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 05:46 PM)
I've got a Hugo incoming, if it counts?
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 06:33 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

i think most people know what's the thing i got at canjam such i craved and adored

and a hd650 cable from forza audioworks, color series

This post has been edited by noobandroid: Mar 4 2016, 06:35 PM
Ask_Yip
post Mar 4 2016, 10:52 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 06:33 PM)
i think most people know what's the thing i got at canjam such i craved and adored

where you get the cable from? online direct order?
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:03 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 4 2016, 10:52 PM)
where you get the cable from? online direct order?
yes, and is only RM200 a bit include shipping, 1.5m, blue sleeved
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:07 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

fuuck my hands damm itch for mojo, have the money to buy but if i buy, i hard life ahead
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:10 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:07 PM)
fuuck my hands damm itch for mojo, have the money to buy but if i buy, i hard life ahead
That's a good piece anyway, just buy 1st n think later

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 4 2016, 11:15 PM
konpaku
post Mar 5 2016, 12:15 AM

Casual
337 posts

my Lime Ears Aether coming next week rclxms.gif

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 06:33 PM)

what did you get from canjam?
Ask_Yip
post Mar 5 2016, 09:35 AM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:03 PM)
yes, and is only RM200 a bit include shipping, 1.5m, blue sleeved
ooo ok... seems reasonable price
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 09:42 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 5 2016, 12:15 AM)
my Lime Ears Aether coming next week  rclxms.gif
rha m750i
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 09:47 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 09:42 AM)
rha m750i
You bought RHA M750i how does the sound?
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 09:50 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 09:47 AM)
You bought RHA M750i how does the sound?
it has quite a good synergy to it, based on a live recording of joe bonamassa, the muddy wolf concert, it has a whole lot of equipments mix, guitar, harmonica, trumpets, pianos, vocals, background vocals, people cheering, keyboards and so much more, but i can hear them in separate when they hit their solo queue

it doesnt give glaring trebles and big ass bass, everything is well balanced and not much skewed to any side. good old fashioned enjoyment for long hours without hitch
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 09:52 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 09:50 AM)
it has quite a good synergy to it, based on a live recording of joe bonamassa, the muddy wolf concert, it has a whole lot of equipments mix, guitar, harmonica, trumpets, pianos, vocals, background vocals, people cheering, keyboards and so much more, but i can hear them in separate when they hit their solo queue

it doesnt give glaring trebles and big ass bass, everything is well balanced and not much skewed to any side. good old fashioned enjoyment for long hours without hitch
But u heard it competitive with macaw GT100s

Try with comply T200 the sound has improve a lot

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 5 2016, 09:54 AM
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 09:56 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 09:52 AM)
But u heard it competitive with macaw GT100s

Try with comply T200 the sound has improve a lot
i dont even know wtf is that macaw thing

anyways, i tried with the t20 also, and earsonics em2 side by side, on that table, no other earsonic or rha item itself intrigued me more that the m750 itself
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 09:59 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 09:56 AM)
i dont even know wtf is that macaw thing

anyways, i tried with the t20 also, and earsonics em2 side by side, on that table, no other earsonic or rha item itself intrigued me more that the m750 itself
http://www.head-fi.org/t/771502/macaw-gt10...ressions-thread

SG here around selling around $100++
http://www.lendmeurears.com/macaw/

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 5 2016, 10:01 AM
phillip88
post Mar 5 2016, 10:02 AM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 5 2016, 12:15 AM)
my Lime Ears Aether coming next week  rclxms.gif
Speakers coming soon? whistling.gif
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 10:05 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

if i had the money, flc8s would be my next bet, it just sounded so smooth
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 10:08 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 10:05 AM)
What is the damage in m'sia?
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 10:12 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 10:08 AM)
What is the damage in m'sia?
even in sgd its 4 digits
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 10:13 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 10:12 AM)
even in sgd its 4 digits
Looks like Rm1500 sad.gif

If good should be worth it

TSjoshuachew
post Mar 5 2016, 11:01 AM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

If anyone is looking for a mint like new AK320, do let me know. Link is in my signature. smile.gif
ezekiel_77
post Mar 5 2016, 01:28 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 10:05 AM)
It's an insanely good midfi superstar. SGD485 from lendmeurears.com but I got the first gen for 340 during their sales period.
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 02:06 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 01:28 PM)
It's an insanely good midfi superstar. SGD485 from lendmeurears.com but I got the first gen for 340 during their sales period.
Where is going now?
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 02:10 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 01:28 PM)
im always impressed more on midfi than what superfi / master race is capable of, they can be very impressive if done right
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 5 2016, 03:28 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 02:10 PM)
im always impressed more on midfi than what superfi / master race is capable of, they can be very impressive if done right
And superfi and master race is not impressive if done right?
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 03:36 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 5 2016, 03:28 PM)
Realistically, it's not in everyone's reach. As you know, people tend to go on a walkabout in midfi purgatory, instead of focusing on a single high end item. But yes, I find some high end gear remarkable in comparison, and a few even seem worth the cash.

Superfi (ala the Orpheus) is fun to try, but will never be an option for 99% of the us. I appreciate their existence, as a proof of concept, and future source of trickle down technology for mere mortals biggrin.gif
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 5 2016, 03:48 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 5 2016, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 03:36 PM)
Realistically, it's not in everyone's reach. As you know, people tend to go on a walkabout in midfi purgatory, instead of focusing on a single high end item. But yes, I find some high end gear remarkable in comparison, and a few even seem worth the cash.

Superfi (ala the Orpheus) is fun to try, but will never be an option for 99% of the us. I appreciate their existence, as a proof of concept, and future source of trickle down technology for mere mortals biggrin.gif
As you can see. He made no mention of the price. But rather stated that he is more impressed with midfi products as opposed to hi end gear.

And I quote:
"always impressed more on midfi than what superfi / master race is capable of"

No mention of price. It only states that he is more impressed with midfi equipment and that midfi equipment is more capable than high end equipment. Which to me, isn't true. While it holds true that more expensive doesn't equal better. But high end equipment is more often than not, impressive. That is if you're not paying for the diamond dust that comes with it and paying more for the engineering of a product. But then, since he product already has a premium price because of its engineering; they would often use more premium materials and better craftsmanship etc.

But simply stating that midfi products are more capable than high end products... That's a very long shot.
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 03:51 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 5 2016, 03:48 PM)
But simply stating that midfi products are more capable than high end products... That's a very long shot.
Long shot, sure, but not everyone has the choice la, which is what I was getting at biggrin.gif
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 5 2016, 03:55 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 03:51 PM)
Long shot, sure, but not everyone has the choice la, which is what I was getting at biggrin.gif
Yes. I get what you're saying. And what you said is perfectly fine. My issue is what he said that midfi equipment is more capable and impressive than high end gear.
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 03:58 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 5 2016, 03:55 PM)
Yes. I get what you're saying. And what you said is perfectly fine. My issue is what he said that midfi equipment is more capable and impressive than high end gear.
Superb midfi gear can be considered punching above their weight class, rarely do you get exceptional value for high end gear, that's something to consider too, no? I consider my TH-X00 very special, and plan to hold on to it, even when I look to an endgame setup, for example. The key part of his statement is probably the "if done right" part, and I tend to agree.
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 5 2016, 04:03 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 03:58 PM)
Superb midfi gear can be considered punching above their weight class, rarely do you get exceptional value for high end gear, that's something to consider too, no? I consider my TH-X00 very special, and plan to hold on to it, even when I look to an endgame setup, for example. The key part of his statement is probably the "if done right" part, and I tend to agree.
Yes. That's price to performance ratio and that's true and right what you said.
But sheer perform wise. Hugh end gear more often than not is better. And the fact that he made no mention of price and said that midfi is more capable and impressive. That is what got me. In as much as some of us, myself included may be included to think that the more expensive the better it sounds. The same may hold true the other way around too. We need to stop listening with our wallets. If it's good it's good. If its bad it's bad. Price is another issue.
Whether it's worth it or not is another matter.
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 04:05 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 5 2016, 04:03 PM)
Yes. That's price to performance ratio and that's true and right what you said.
But sheer perform wise. Hugh end gear more often than not is better. And the fact that he made no mention of price and said that midfi is more capable and impressive. That is what got me. In as much as some of us, myself included may be included to think that the more expensive the better it sounds. The same may hold true the other way around too. We need to stop listening with our wallets. If it's good it's good. If its bad it's bad. Price is another issue.
Whether it's worth it or not is another matter.
Chill bro, different points of view are perfectly valid in different circumstances. And as I always believe, listen with your ears, choose based on your budget. No need to take a hobby so seriously eh? biggrin.gif
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 5 2016, 04:10 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 04:05 PM)
Chill bro, different points of view are perfectly valid in different circumstances. And as I always believe, listen with your ears, choose based on your budget. No need to take a hobby so seriously eh? biggrin.gif
Hahahaha. That statement really got me man. Haha. All good. I saw your items for sale. Going for the Stax009? Are they releasing a new flagship soon?
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 04:15 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 5 2016, 04:10 PM)
Hahahaha. That statement really got me man. Haha. All good. I saw your items for sale. Going for the Stax009? Are they releasing a new flagship soon?
Haven't talked to the Stax guys yet, trying to get some cash together first before contacting them. I'll find out, trust me biggrin.gif

For me, the Stax SR-009 comes closest to what I enjoy, and was the most remarkable among all the flagships (and I tried every one, believe me) I auditioned at Canjam. So for now, that's my choice. Unless I hear otherwise from them, going to go for it, and their own amp.

Edit: Oh ya, also got distracted by a Hugo in the meantime, should be in my grubby hands soon tongue.gif

This post has been edited by echineko: Mar 5 2016, 04:17 PM
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 04:34 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

selling my everything just for a mojo now, but things do seem a bit down sad.gif
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 04:34 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 5 2016, 04:10 PM)
I thought sennheiser HD800s was better
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 04:50 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 04:34 PM)
selling my everything just for a mojo now, but things do seem a bit down sad.gif
Down in what way?

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 04:34 PM)
I thought sennheiser HD800s was better
Have you tried both one after another? I have biggrin.gif
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 04:57 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 04:50 PM)
Down in what way?
Not yet... Just heard about Stax in this thread laugh.gif
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 04:57 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 04:50 PM)
Down in what way?
my sales isnt very optimistic, all post item not sold, haiz..

fun fact: i have sufficient to buy mojo but if i buy, i have 500 to use for a month only for march
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 05:48 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 04:57 PM)
my sales isnt very optimistic, all post item not sold, haiz..
fun fact: i have sufficient to buy mojo but if i buy, i have 500 to use for a month only for march
Btw, you're welcome homeslice, got your back just now, yo.

So basically your choice is between Mojo or Maggi for a month? Just man up and decide la, not so complicated mah tongue.gif
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 05:55 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Anyone owned it or test before?

Earsonic S-EM9
Seem like not bad wow, sound better than Jupiter?

Thanks
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 06:17 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 05:55 PM)

Earsonic S-EM9

Thanks
I'm not sure on em9 but the em2 is real bad imo
ezekiel_77
post Mar 5 2016, 08:00 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 05:48 PM)
Btw, you're welcome homeslice, got your back just now, yo.

So basically your choice is between Mojo or Maggi for a month? Just man up and decide la, not so complicated mah tongue.gif
As a family man I'm also of two minds. Should take care of family first, Mojo will always be there.

On the other hand, if you don't take care of yourself first, where got mood to keep the family happy hahaha.

ezekiel_77
post Mar 5 2016, 08:03 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 05:55 PM)

Earsonic S-EM9

Thanks
I've read (didn't hear sorry) that you're better off getting Velvet instead bcos the improvement does not justify the price. Warm and bassy smooth sound sig. Jupiter is more towards neutral, with a slight bass boost and extended treble.

This post has been edited by ezekiel_77: Mar 5 2016, 08:05 PM
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 08:06 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 08:03 PM)
I've read (didn't hear sorry) that you're better off getting Velvet instead bcos the improvement does not justify the price. Warm and bassy smooth sound sig. Jupiter is more towards neutral, with a slight bass boost and extended treble.
Good to hear that, but in my mind still told me go for Jupiter or Angie 2 laugh.gif
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 08:11 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 08:00 PM)
As a family man I'm also of two minds. Should take care of family first, Mojo will always be there.

On the other hand, if you don't take care of yourself first, where got mood to keep the family happy hahaha.
lucky I'm single and messed up
ezekiel_77
post Mar 5 2016, 08:33 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 08:11 PM)
How much do you like Maggi haha.

Nola, take your time. Mojo's good but not THAT good. Enjoy your way to the top.
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 08:35 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 08:00 PM)
But, don't you already have a Mojo? tongue.gif Now if you were talking about Jupiter, or U12, etc, then maybe...

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 08:11 PM)
You'll get no argument from me on that point biggrin.gif
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 08:40 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 08:33 PM)
How much do you like Maggi haha.

Nola, take your time. Mojo's good but not THAT good. Enjoy your way to the top.
I'll get it once i sold my rigs
Ask_Yip
post Mar 5 2016, 08:47 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

too many hardwares discussions, can we start talking about the soft part?

what is your must have song/album to fully utilise your gear?
ezekiel_77
post Mar 5 2016, 08:58 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 08:35 PM)
But, don't you already have a Mojo? tongue.gif Now if you were talking about Jupiter, or U12, etc, then maybe...
Yeah, thinking in the shoes of android. I face that question every time I follow a thread and suddenly hype fi is in full steam.
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 09:01 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 08:58 PM)
Yeah, thinking in the shoes of android. I face that question every time I follow a thread and suddenly hype fi is in full steam.
Need to draw a line in the sand somewhere, the struggle is within. I'm trying to do that, I'll let you know if I'm successful biggrin.gif
ezekiel_77
post Mar 5 2016, 09:03 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 5 2016, 08:47 PM)

Lol Hotel California lol

Cliche but very useful.

TSjoshuachew
post Mar 5 2016, 09:03 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 08:58 PM)
Next station coming up. HypeFi. Change here for Remax.
phillip88
post Mar 5 2016, 09:13 PM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

Speaking of songs, anyone got any good Japanese woman vocalist to introduce? Something like Suara or Takako Matsu.
echineko
post Mar 5 2016, 09:16 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

I like Sessions from the 17th Ward, Amber Rubarth. Good mix of female vocals and strings, really shines on a good setup. Lots of companies seem to like this as a reference track as well, including Sennheiser

Got my copy from HDtracks some time ago

This post has been edited by echineko: Mar 5 2016, 09:17 PM
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 09:29 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

iAutogate the sound over impressive, I would highly recommended here.

Again for my recent shots with mojo
Sorry at the moment i've had Remax Iem only with me now..due to poor setup sweat.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 5 2016, 09:53 PM
ezekiel_77
post Mar 5 2016, 10:07 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 5 2016, 09:13 PM)
Speaking of songs, anyone got any good Japanese woman vocalist to introduce? Something like Suara or Takako Matsu.
Only know Emi Fujita. And she sings English songs. But her voice quite soothing.

Available exclusively at Popular bookstores!
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 10:08 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 09:03 PM)
Lol Hotel California lol

Cliche but very useful.
Good recommended for 6.35mins a single song. Lol
phillip88
post Mar 5 2016, 10:32 PM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 10:07 PM)
Only know Emi Fujita. And she sings English songs. But her voice quite soothing.

Available exclusively at Popular bookstores!
Yeah. But I am looking for Japanese songs. Coz good singers can portray the emotions very powerfully.
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 10:36 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 5 2016, 10:32 PM)
Yeah. But I am looking for Japanese songs. Coz good singers can portray the emotions very powerfully.
I guess you should like kiroro - Nagai Aida

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 5 2016, 10:37 PM
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 10:59 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 08:40 PM)
I'll get it once i sold my rigs
Time to grab mojo now..
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3886393

Just 2.2k only
ezekiel_77
post Mar 5 2016, 11:09 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 10:36 PM)
For a moment I tot you said Keroro
Attached Image
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 11:10 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 11:09 PM)
For a moment I tot you said Keroro
Attached Image
Lol so cute wow
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 11:11 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

you guys should try Diana Krall, her vocals are so thick and sexy

and janet seidel, french chick

This post has been edited by noobandroid: Mar 5 2016, 11:12 PM
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 11:13 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 11:15 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 11:11 PM)

Adele - hello, thick until I can't hearing very clear as much
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 11:15 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 11:15 PM)
Adele - hello, thick until I can't hearing very clear as much
to me, she is just mediocre, not as good as Janet Seidel and her french tone
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 11:20 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

this is my go to relaxation album, good luck trying to find this cause it took me a lot of effort

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
phillip88
post Mar 5 2016, 11:30 PM

Sound of Silence
1,040 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 5 2016, 10:36 PM)
Ok will do once unifi back online. It's down for whole day already.
iceandmilo
post Mar 5 2016, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

iPong 6S good?
noobandroid
post Mar 5 2016, 11:33 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

BOOYAA, all thanks to kimsim, I'm getting myself my MOJO, yeehaaa rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif thumbup.gif

but the later days mega_shok.gif
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 5 2016, 11:33 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(iceandmilo @ Mar 5 2016, 11:32 PM)
iPong 6S good?
WHUT!?
kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 11:35 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 11:33 PM)
BOOYAA, all thanks to kimsim, I'm getting myself my MOJO, yeehaaa  rclxms.gif  rclxm9.gif  thumbup.gif

but the later days  mega_shok.gif
The seller reserved for u?

kimsim
post Mar 5 2016, 11:38 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

iPong 6S good?
Ipong Std music player not as good, but once add on iAudioGate player the sound was perfectly match
Ask_Yip
post Mar 5 2016, 11:56 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 5 2016, 09:03 PM)
Lol Hotel California lol

Cliche but very useful.
agree

one of my favorite song to test out
QUOTE(echineko @ Mar 5 2016, 09:16 PM)
I like Sessions from the 17th Ward, Amber Rubarth. Good mix of female vocals and strings, really shines on a good setup. Lots of companies seem to like this as a reference track as well, including Sennheiser

Got my copy from HDtracks some time ago
haven't hear before, will try to find it and listen to it
Ask_Yip
post Mar 5 2016, 11:57 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 11:11 PM)

I went to her concert early this month, superb!
Ask_Yip
post Mar 5 2016, 11:58 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

iPong 6S good?
good as a smart pong
ezekiel_77
post Mar 6 2016, 12:05 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 5 2016, 11:56 PM)
haven't hear before, will try to find it and listen to it
It's released by Chesky Binaural records. They recorded using one microphone in the middle of the performance so good headphones are supposed to demonstrate some accurate imaging. Immersive.
ezekiel_77
post Mar 6 2016, 12:06 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 5 2016, 11:33 PM)
BOOYAA, all thanks to kimsim, I'm getting myself my MOJO, yeehaaa  rclxms.gif  rclxm9.gif  thumbup.gif

but the later days  mega_shok.gif
Congrats in advance!
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 08:53 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Wow comes across with Dita 2.5mm balanced jack, if you guys try to convert it from 2.5 to 3.5mm the sq will be difference?

Thanks soli I never have a chance to play around with it, I have chance from my old Nokia Hp music series come with 2.5mm jack only laugh.gif
E1 - AKG
post Mar 6 2016, 09:45 AM

Your personal audio store!
6,342 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 6 2016, 08:53 AM)
Wow comes across with Dita 2.5mm balanced jack, if you guys try to convert it from 2.5 to 3.5mm the sq will be difference?

Thanks soli I never have a chance to play around with it, I have chance from my old Nokia Hp music series come with 2.5mm jack only laugh.gif
any picture of the dita 2.5mm balanced jack hmm.gif
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 09:47 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ Mar 6 2016, 09:45 AM)
any picture of the dita 2.5mm balanced jack  hmm.gif
He he you knew him
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3878326
E1 - AKG
post Mar 6 2016, 01:11 PM

6,342 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 6 2016, 08:53 AM)

the way you phase your words as if Dita have a 2.5 balanced adapter jack mega_shok.gif
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 01:19 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ Mar 6 2016, 01:11 PM)
the way you phase your words as if Dita have a 2.5 balanced adapter jack  mega_shok.gif
Not too sure, is original comes with 2.5mm jack then include 3.5mm adapter.

Need to check with someone... I just saw in website only

Accessories

3 Pairs Small Bore Tips S/M/L (sweeter highs)
3 Pairs Medium Bore Tips S/M/L (reference tuning)
3 Pairs Large Bore Tips S/M/L (airier highs)
1 Pair Double Flange Tips
1 Custom Flight Adapter
1 Custom 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm Adapter using The Truth Cable
1 Premium Leather Carrying Case
1 Casual Carrying Case

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 6 2016, 01:21 PM
E1 - AKG
post Mar 6 2016, 01:29 PM

6,342 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 6 2016, 01:19 PM)

Accessories

3 Pairs Small Bore Tips S/M/L (sweeter highs)
3 Pairs Medium Bore Tips S/M/L (reference tuning)
3 Pairs Large Bore Tips S/M/L (airier highs)
1 Pair Double Flange Tips
1 Custom Flight Adapter
1 Premium Leather Carrying Case
1 Casual Carrying Case
it is a short adapting cable which is NOT available separately as an accessory brows.gif
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 01:31 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ Mar 6 2016, 01:29 PM)
it is a short adapting cable which is NOT available separately as an accessory  brows.gif
Ya I made mistake for come with 3.5mm n adapter for 2.5mm short adapter he he
ezekiel_77
post Mar 6 2016, 01:34 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 6 2016, 01:19 PM)

The Dita Balanced with 2.5mm plug is for players like AK or Onkyo that has the 2.5mm balanced socket. In theory it cleans up the sound signal. In practice you might hear an improvement like bigger soundstage or better imaging, but this varies from person to person.

If you use the adapter then it just goes back to the normal 3.5mm socket like in handphones or other players (you get the regular "unbalanced sound"). But then it'll be wasted bcos Dita made the Balanced specifically to take advantage of the 2.5mm balanced socket in AK players.

If you want the normal 3.5mm plug just buy the cheaper Dita Truth (SGD1299). Dita Balanced goes for SGD1599 if not mistaken.

This post has been edited by ezekiel_77: Mar 6 2016, 01:35 PM
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 01:59 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 6 2016, 01:34 PM)
The Dita Balanced with 2.5mm plug is for players like AK or Onkyo that has the 2.5mm balanced socket. In theory it cleans up the sound signal. In practice you might hear an improvement like bigger soundstage or better imaging, but this varies from person to person.

If you use the adapter then it just goes back to the normal 3.5mm socket like in handphones or other players (you get the regular "unbalanced sound"). But then it'll be wasted bcos Dita made the Balanced specifically to take advantage of the 2.5mm balanced socket in AK players.

If you want the normal 3.5mm plug just buy the cheaper Dita Truth (SGD1299). Dita Balanced goes for SGD1599 if not mistaken.
I guess not longer for mojo has 2.5mm balanced jack input.

noobandroid
post Mar 6 2016, 02:04 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 6 2016, 01:59 PM)
I guess not longer for mojo has 2.5mm balanced jack input.
you are thinking too much there
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 02:06 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 6 2016, 02:04 PM)
you are thinking too much there
Maybe smile.gif

Don't worried just used to it with 3.5mm version laugh.gif

Cause mine just 2 mths with me, if got mojo 2, I don't think need it now

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 6 2016, 02:07 PM
Ask_Yip
post Mar 6 2016, 02:41 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 6 2016, 01:34 PM)

Dita is damn good

the only downside is that it does not come with detachable cable sad.gif
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 02:51 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Just realized why Dita with single dynamic driver can produces a great sound smile.gif

ezekiel_77
post Mar 6 2016, 03:03 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 6 2016, 02:41 PM)
Dita is damn good

My issue is the fit. sad.gif Have to listen with both my fingers pressing on the housings for a good seal.

I wonder ah, if I get the regular Truth, send to some cable-maker to terminate in a balanced 2.5mm TRRS plug, then I'd save a lot rather than get Balanced itself.
noobandroid
post Mar 6 2016, 03:23 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 6 2016, 02:41 PM)
Dita is damn good

why do we need detachable cable when its a van hul cable
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 03:25 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 6 2016, 03:23 PM)
More fashion can wear different cloths
Ask_Yip
post Mar 6 2016, 03:43 PM

Retired Audiophiles
2,813 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 6 2016, 03:23 PM)
can prolong the life of the iem

example my tf10, 3rd cable now, 4 years.
VagueConcerns
post Mar 6 2016, 03:43 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 6 2016, 03:03 PM)
My issue is the fit. sad.gif Have to listen with both my fingers pressing on the housings for a good seal.

I wonder ah, if I get the regular Truth, send to some cable-maker to terminate in a balanced 2.5mm TRRS plug, then I'd save a lot rather than get Balanced itself.
People do that with headphones all the time (well, figuratively), well with a different kind of connector, but same principle.
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 05:29 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Another question to ask about shure 846 vs westone W60.. Anyone had try both before n compare side by side?

Sorry just interesting to know about 4 Ba vs 6 Ba drivers different

Thanks
ezekiel_77
post Mar 6 2016, 06:28 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
844 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 6 2016, 05:29 PM)
Sorry just interesting to know about 4 Ba vs 6 Ba drivers different

Thanks
But the number of drivers do not indicate or predict sound signature or quality. My JH13 has 6BA drivers too but I can bet you it sounds radically different from the W60. Layla has 12 drivers but I much prefer the JH13.

Should let your ears be the judge and not worry too much about driver count.
noobandroid
post Mar 6 2016, 06:36 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 6 2016, 06:28 PM)
But the number of drivers do not indicate or predict sound signature or quality. My JH13 has 6BA drivers too but I can bet you it sounds radically different from the W60. Layla has 12 drivers but I much prefer the JH13.

it's all about the tunings, well tuned iem will be the best
kimsim
post Mar 6 2016, 06:44 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

So it coming Monday will go for Jupiter 4 Ba drivers should be better than my REMAX S1 laugh.gif
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 6 2016, 07:08 PM

Portable Master Race
1,825 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 6 2016, 06:36 PM)
it's all about the tunings, well tuned iem will be the best
QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 6 2016, 06:44 PM)
So it coming Monday will go for Jupiter 4 Ba drivers should be better than my REMAX S1 laugh.gif
Fellas. Why do you even bother.
noobandroid
post Mar 6 2016, 07:49 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,415 posts

i need some pictorial guide on how to connect both dx90 and mojo together, they look like they use the same 3.5mm TS cable

any locals you know that has this, cause i dont have it

This post has been edited by noobandroid: Mar 6 2016, 07:51 PM
Lurker
post Mar 6 2016, 07:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
3,831 posts

Kopitiam anything goes mahhh.... Right?
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 6 2016, 08:42 PM

Portable Master Race