Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

148 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Audiophile Lounge, Audiophile Lounge to chit chat (Hi-Fi)

views

konpaku
post Mar 4 2016, 10:17 AM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:47 AM)
I didn't know that. Few that got mentioned are like the Pinnacle P1, RHA T10i, and the Macaw GT100s.

You sold the T20 confirm you looking for sound and not construction haha.

But I love the Jupiter sound, very airy and comfortable sig. Now looking for lubang to get it cheap cheap.
found lubang please share brows.gif brows.gif

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:49 AM)
Sounds plausible, but as always sound is subjective. So there will never be a peer-reviewed, randomised controlled trials that will prove that titanium housings improve soundstage. Beauty in the ears of the beholder.

How are the Flares? Saw one in the garage sales. Live up to the hype?
i'd say the R2As are absolute steal at that price point (50GBP at kickstarter price). R2Pros on the other hand, not value for money at 200GBP. both driven with same dynamic driver. Pro has better details, punchier bass, wider and taller soundstage. treble is laidback on both, and not too detailed like BAs. bass is amazing though, on the R2As, but more controlled and punchier+tighter on the Pros. bass lovers should definitely try these out. @phillip88 demo-ed the r2pro while testing my DP-X1. maybe he can chip in his opinion.

my brother and i did a couple of blind tests with these pairs and i was able to tell them apart every single time. i'm not saying that my opinion is final, but just stating that the difference is obvious to me.

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 10:09 AM)
it might not be the shell but the drivers, unless they use exact build except the shell
the drivers are the same, or so they claim. i bought a pair of spare drivers for just-in-case repairs and they told me they are all the same for R2S, R2A and R2Pro. while i'm no mechanical/EE engineer, i did open up the housing and they look similar to me.

This post has been edited by konpaku: Mar 4 2016, 10:32 AM
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 10:20 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM)
Yep. If what Final Audio Design claimed is true, they basically use the entirely same inner part on both Piano Forte IX and Piano Forte X, but I totally find the IX to be brighter than the much thicker X. IX is on stainless steel and X is on chrome copper. I tried the Piano Forte II, it sounds... well, like the bass reflected not evenly.
Jupiter is marvelous!  thumbup.gif
what is bass & treble without mids? V-shaped, or totally recessed, or totally no mids?
Anyway when u compare from 2 speakers with 4 speakers the sound was different a lot
Ask_Yip
post Mar 4 2016, 10:21 AM

Retired Audiophiles
2,821 posts

QUOTE(shin2l @ Mar 4 2016, 07:56 AM)
Buy any new item at CanJam Singapore?
din even go to visit CanJam biggrin.gif

been busy lately, my desktop setup is collection dust, only daily commuting to work with my iPod classic + Fiio Q1 + TF10 smile.gif

and I have no target to buy anything, yet. tongue.gif
echineko
post Mar 4 2016, 10:23 AM

Enthusiast
762 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 4 2016, 10:21 AM)
Be thankful, that's truly a state of contentment so few of us achieve tongue.gif

shin2l
post Mar 4 2016, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,027 posts

QUOTE(Ask_Yip @ Mar 4 2016, 10:21 AM)
din even go to visit CanJam biggrin.gif

been busy lately, my desktop setup is collection dust, only daily commuting to work with my iPod classic + Fiio Q1 + TF10 smile.gif

Haha, recently I sold my AK100II, now just using Note 5 + my SE846 for daily outstation use

Meanwhile I continue to try <RM3k DAPs, may be eventually buy Sony PCM-D100 or Onkyo DP-X1 or any new player with good price and good sound cool.gif

BTW, no more AK player liao bye.gif

This post has been edited by shin2l: Mar 4 2016, 10:38 AM
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 10:43 AM

Sound of Silence
1,050 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 10:17 AM)
found lubang please share  brows.gif  brows.gif
i'd say the R2As are absolute steal at that price point (50GBP at kickstarter price). R2Pros on the other hand, not value for money at 200GBP. both driven with same dynamic driver. Pro has better details, punchier bass, wider and taller soundstage. treble is laidback on both, and not too detailed like BAs. bass is amazing though, on the R2As, but more controlled and punchier+tighter on the Pros. bass lovers should definitely try these out. @phillip88 demo-ed the r2pro while testing my DP-X1. maybe he can chip in his opinion.

my brother and i did a couple of blind tests with these pairs and i was able to tell them apart every single time. i'm not saying that my opinion is final, but just stating that the difference is obvious to me.
the drivers are the same, or so they claim. i bought a pair of spare drivers for just-in-case repairs and they told me they are all the same for R2S, R2A and R2Pro. while i'm no mechanical/EE engineer, i did open up the housing and they look similar to me.
It's a micro driver, that's as obvious as I can tell. The sound coming from that micro driver, the type of bass, quite similar to Yamaha EPH-100. Just that I can hear it has (i suspect) achieved its potential with the DP-X1. Still, not the utmost clearest sound. But definitely live-able when wanting a more relaxed listening.

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 10:20 AM)
Anyway when u compare from 2 speakers with 4 speakers the sound was different a lot
Erm. Maybe I haven't achieve that kind of level yet. Regardless of how many drivers inside an IEM, it's either coherent or incoherent to my ears.

QUOTE(shin2l @ Mar 4 2016, 10:38 AM)
Haha, recently I sold my AK100II, now just using Note 5 + my SE846 for daily outstation use

Meanwhile I continue to try <RM3k DAPs, may be eventually buy Sony PCM-D100 or Onkyo DP-X1 or any new player with good price and good sound cool.gif

BTW, no more AK player liao bye.gif
Definitely do consider DP-X1 as it's is really light, and the sound is amazing! DX80 is smooth. Both are portable.
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 10:45 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
847 posts

QUOTE(VagueConcerns @ Mar 4 2016, 10:11 AM)
The time will come when we will have the technology to mass produce custom metal in-ear monitors.  tongue.gif
That'll be awesomesauce. Carbon fibre is being overdone.

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM)
Honest face. I just called my relationship manager and am buying Remax shares right now.
Count me in. K10 beaters at sub-RM100, where to find!

Yep. If what Final Audio Design claimed is true, they basically use the entirely same inner part on both Piano Forte IX and Piano Forte X, but I totally find the IX to be brighter than the much thicker X. IX is on stainless steel and X is on chrome copper. I tried the Piano Forte II, it sounds... well, like the bass reflected not evenly.
what is bass & treble without mids? V-shaped, or totally recessed, or totally no mids?
Remember what the marketing dept said about Heaven V Aging? The sound will change character over time as the metal housing matures. First reaction is yau mouuu? Then I sold my Heaven VI.

Jupiter retails RM4399 from E1. Price is... okaylarr (SGD1399), but when you think about whay you can buy for the family instead (eg new laptop, bluray 5.1 home theatre, unit trust lol) then the guilt sets in.
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 10:48 AM

Sound of Silence
1,050 posts

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 10:45 AM)
That'll be awesomesauce. Carbon fibre is being overdone.
Count me in. K10 beaters at sub-RM100, where to find!
Remember what the marketing dept said about Heaven V Aging? The sound will change character over time as the metal housing matures. First reaction is yau mouuu? Then I sold my Heaven VI.

Jupiter retails RM4399 from E1. Price is... okaylarr (SGD1399), but when you think about whay you can buy for the family instead (eg new laptop, bluray 5.1 home theatre, unit trust lol) then the guilt sets in.
I'm not sure about V Aging changing sound. AFAIK it's just the surface being oxidized.

U think too much then no need buy liao lor. Haha. That's why u wanna buy these exorbitant stuffs, do it when you're single and live alone. Won't have much guilt devil.gif
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 10:52 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

we should ignore kimsim cause he has no idea what he is saying
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 10:57 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 10:43 AM)
It's a micro driver, that's as obvious as I can tell. The sound coming from that micro driver, the type of bass, quite similar to Yamaha EPH-100. Just that I can hear it has (i suspect) achieved its potential with the DP-X1. Still, not the utmost clearest sound. But definitely live-able when wanting a more relaxed listening.
Erm. Maybe I haven't achieve that kind of level yet. Regardless of how many drivers inside an IEM, it's either coherent or incoherent to my ears.
Definitely do consider DP-X1 as it's is really light, and the sound is amazing! DX80 is smooth. Both are portable.
RHA T20 dual coil dynamics driver only produces sound, Bass and Treble, but mids ranges un clear, so the voical voices very weaks, all covering impact by bass punchy, can't listen voices as well.

Remax S1 maybe cheap IEM but quad core in 1 dynamic driver can produces : mids, bass and treble with detailed.

The sound totally like a live concert or studio room, can be listened more enjoyable, unlike it very flat n something missing on detailed.
shin2l
post Mar 4 2016, 10:59 AM

Regular
1,027 posts

DX80, nope, I have to admit it is good sound at its price but UI just dont suit me, so skipped~
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:02 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 10:57 AM)
RHA T20 dual coil dynamics driver only produces sound, Bass and Treble, but mids ranges un clear, so the voical voices very weaks, all covering impact by bass punchy, can't listen voices as well.

Remax S1 maybe cheap IEM but quad core in 1 dynamic driver can produces : mids, bass and treble with detailed.

The sound totally like a live concert or studio room, can be listened more enjoyable, unlike it very flat n something missing on detailed.
why are you so concerned with driver amounts, they dont matter when tuning is bad, what "dual coil dynamic" etc are just names
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:03 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

have the dx90, love the sound, but the software wise, worst ever used
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM

Sound of Silence
1,050 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 10:57 AM)

I wonder what does it mean quad core? It's not a friggin CPU, and I never heard people use core to replace the term BA. Perhaps a new design which I haven't discovered.

Erm... AFAIK the second driver of T20 is to produce treble (AFAIU from the orange line on the graph). It's still pretty even across the frequency, and unless the unit you got is defective, the sound should be pretty balanced right?
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:02 AM)
why are you so concerned with driver amounts, they dont matter when tuning is bad, what "dual coil dynamic" etc are just names
Why Layla have 12 drivers vs Roise 6 drivers lol
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 11:07 AM

Sound of Silence
1,050 posts

QUOTE(shin2l @ Mar 4 2016, 10:59 AM)
DX80, nope, I have to admit it is good sound at its price but UI just dont suit me, so skipped~
QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:03 AM)
have the dx90, love the sound, but the software wise, worst ever used
Yep, but I think I can live with that lol. Reminds me of Questyle UI, it is horrid, but the sound... uh...marvelous.

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM)
Erm... different tuning? coz each driver has different property and tune-ability.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:07 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM)
I wonder what does it mean quad core? It's not a friggin CPU, and I never heard people use core to replace the term BA. Perhaps a new design which I haven't discovered.

Erm... AFAIK the second driver of T20 is to produce treble (AFAIU from the orange line on the graph). It's still pretty even across the frequency, and unless the unit you got is defective, the sound should be pretty balanced right?
No if you were listen from r&b electric remix shouldn't be a problems like missing detailed, if you just listen song like Mariah Carey the high voices can tell the different
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 11:09 AM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,443 posts

everytime i reply to kimsim, my life shortens by couple minutes..
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 4 2016, 11:09 AM

Portable Master Race
1,828 posts

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 11:04 AM)
Then how does Remax sound better than Noble K10 with ten drivers? *drops mic*
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 11:11 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 11:09 AM)
everytime i reply to kimsim, my life shortens by couple minutes..
Don't be like that leh, just Ignore your offer for mojo only Mah.

148 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0368sec    3.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 08:33 PM