Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

147 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Audiophile Lounge, Audiophile Lounge to chit chat (Hi-Fi)

views

kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 08:17 AM

Let Me ❤️ You
Group: Senior Member

Anyone own the Westone W60 or 4R or UM Pro 50 here, please feedback and how does the impression sound laugh.gif

Very interesting on westone cause they package more armature drivers than Shure 846 max 4 drivers only

Actually shure 846 the sound not thick enough, so I dislike shure 846 btw

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 4 2016, 08:19 AM
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 4 2016, 08:31 AM

Portable Master Race

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 07:49 AM)
Not getting yet, cause my target on end of month go n grab JH Angie ll, hope I can afford it. laugh.gif

Since from my Remax S1 can fulfill me brows.gif
I can tells you that Remax will been bester than JH Angie.
Make Remax great again.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 08:37 AM

Let Me ❤️ You

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 4 2016, 08:31 AM)
I can tells you that Remax will been bester than JH Angie.
Make Remax great again.
REMAX is better, let you eat same foods you might getting boring, different IEMs got different taste laugh.gif

I knew you're the legend here.. So that is why wanna learn from you guys here
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:27 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 07:41 AM)
Honestly, does acoustic design on the inner housing matters? I wonder if plastic (cheaper ones) encasing does affect sound. Coz I really find the likes of Finals (especially), Dita, and IEMs with metal housing sound slightly different. Like they can afford louder sound w/o distortion (or is it because they're more expensive than the ones I tried? Shrugs).
Shure did a great job on their 846 low pass thingy. That's also related to what I'm talking about. Less on the driver unit, more on the design of passage between the driver and our ears.
I don't know, but just as an example, Sammy Rhapsodio mentioned that his flagship Galaxy actually sounds better (better details, brighter) in its universal metal housing, as opposed to the acryllic custom version (darker, bassier). This is the first time I've heard a company boss claiming that his uni is better than the custom lol.
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:29 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 07:49 AM)
Not getting yet, cause my target on end of month go n grab JH Angie ll, hope I can afford it. laugh.gif

Since from my Remax S1 can fulfill me brows.gif
Sure you can afford, but question is whether you like the Angie sound. Better bring your Remax to compare when testing.
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 09:32 AM

Sound of Silence

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:27 AM)
I don't know, but just as an example, Sammy Rhapsodio mentioned that his flagship Galaxy actually sounds better (better details, brighter) in its universal metal housing, as opposed to the acryllic custom version (darker, bassier). This is the first time I've heard a company boss claiming that his uni is better than the custom lol.
I love metal or ceramic housing when done right. It has this special echo which makes the sound more "mature/stable". Or weighty.
But the latest kumitomo trio, it's Damn bright.
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 09:40 AM

Audiophile
Group: All Stars

QUOTE(phillip88 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:32 AM)
I love metal or ceramic housing when done right. It has this special echo which makes the sound more "mature/stable". Or weighty.
But the latest kumitomo trio, it's Damn bright.
at canjam i noticed quite a few companies start using titanium shells or something like that, they claim it prevents vibration on the shell so all tje sound will be channeled to the ear canal and not lost in shell vibrations

but i dont buy their claim, there's no evidence of it
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:41 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Mar 4 2016, 09:40 AM)
at canjam i noticed quite a few companies start using titanium shells or something like that,  they claim it prevents vibration on the shell so all tje sound will be channeled to the ear canal and not lost in shell vibrations

My engineer friends just admire the construction. Apatu metal injection moulding. They don't buy the claim of "better sound" either.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 09:43 AM

Let Me ❤️ You

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:41 AM)
My engineer friends just admire the construction. Apatu metal injection moulding. They don't buy the claim of "better sound" either.
Compfire Jupiter used mater housing should produces much details as well
konpaku
post Mar 4 2016, 09:44 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

at canjam i noticed quite a few companies start using titanium shells or something like that,  they claim it prevents vibration on the shell so all tje sound will be channeled to the ear canal and not lost in shell vibrations

i beg to differ on this one. i own both Flare's R2A (aluminium) and R2Pro (titanium). The housing structure is the same, but made with different material. the sound signature is hugely different between these two. sound stage is also wider on the titanium one.
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:47 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 09:43 AM)
Compfire Jupiter used mater housing should produces much details as well
I didn't know that. Few that got mentioned are like the Pinnacle P1, RHA T10i, and the Macaw GT100s.

You sold the T20 confirm you looking for sound and not construction haha.

But I love the Jupiter sound, very airy and comfortable sig. Now looking for lubang to get it cheap cheap.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 09:49 AM

Let Me ❤️ You

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:47 AM)
I didn't know that. Few that got mentioned are like the Pinnacle P1, RHA T10i, and the Macaw GT100s.

But I love the Jupiter sound, very airy and comfortable sig. Now looking for lubang to get it cheap cheap.
Anyway carousell.sg will do
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:49 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 4 2016, 09:44 AM)
i beg to differ on this one. i own both Flare's R2A (aluminium) and R2Pro (titanium). The housing structure is the same, but made with different material. the sound signature is hugely different between these two. sound stage is also wider on the titanium one.
Sounds plausible, but as always sound is subjective. So there will never be a peer-reviewed, randomised controlled trials that will prove that titanium housings improve soundstage. Beauty in the ears of the beholder.

How are the Flares? Saw one in the garage sales. Live up to the hype?
ezekiel_77
post Mar 4 2016, 09:50 AM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 09:49 AM)
Anyway carousell.sg will do
Or you can buy Jupiter instead of Angie, don't like also never mind, I'll buy it cheap cheap from you.
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 09:54 AM

Let Me ❤️ You

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:50 AM)
Or you can buy Jupiter instead of Angie, don't like also never mind, I'll buy it cheap cheap from you.
No lah, buy n sell waste money, I should be a good one, can used for longer and at least few years.

RHA T20 sound is beautiful, but just 2 coil dynamics meant only produces 2 layers, bass & treble without mids, I like voices more more bassy.

So my REMAX S1 can deliver better balanced at all

But dunno why ppls still prefer Noble K10 smile.gif

This post has been edited by kimsim: Mar 4 2016, 10:01 AM
noobandroid
post Mar 4 2016, 10:09 AM

Audiophile
Group: All Stars

it might not be the shell but the drivers, unless they use exact build except the shell
VagueConcerns
post Mar 4 2016, 10:11 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:27 AM)
The time will come when we will have the technology to mass produce custom metal in-ear monitors. tongue.gif
TSjoshuachew
post Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM

Portable Master Race

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 09:54 AM)
No lah, buy n sell waste money, I should be a good one, can used for longer and at least few years.

RHA T20 sound is beautiful, but just 2 coil dynamics meant only produces 2 layers, bass & treble without mids, I like voices more more bassy.

Honest face. I just called my relationship manager and am buying Remax shares right now.
phillip88
post Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM

Sound of Silence

Yep. If what Final Audio Design claimed is true, they basically use the entirely same inner part on both Piano Forte IX and Piano Forte X, but I totally find the IX to be brighter than the much thicker X. IX is on stainless steel and X is on chrome copper. I tried the Piano Forte II, it sounds... well, like the bass reflected not evenly.

QUOTE(ezekiel_77 @ Mar 4 2016, 09:47 AM)

Jupiter is marvelous! thumbup.gif

QUOTE(kimsim @ Mar 4 2016, 09:54 AM)

what is bass & treble without mids? V-shaped, or totally recessed, or totally no mids?
kimsim
post Mar 4 2016, 10:17 AM

Let Me ❤️ You

QUOTE(joshuachew @ Mar 4 2016, 10:13 AM)
Honest face. I just called my relationship manager and am buying Remax shares right now.
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

147 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0802sec    2.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th June 2019 - 01:28 PM