Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Japanese Vinyl and Figures V12, 2D Waifu in 3D

views

Ladszy
post Sep 28 2019, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Is there a way I can declare and pay import tax beforehand? Fucking troublesome have to wait until it arrives, just so that custom can tahan it for 2/3 days and ask me to go to their office / hire agent to do it.

This post has been edited by Ladszy: Sep 28 2019, 12:02 PM
Ladszy
post Oct 1 2019, 10:20 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Sep 30 2019, 12:44 PM)
When I buy things from Amazon, DHL/FedEx pre charge me the "import tax" and they will settle everythign until reach my place. Ofcourse they might end up not paying any tax, but I'm charged anyway.

So likely yes, but you pay much more for such convenience.
But for figures from Japanese sites, they don't offer that service what....
Ladszy
post Dec 21 2019, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Bruce Low @ Dec 20 2019, 09:15 PM)
Wondering if i get a figure from TaoBao for around 900MYR will it be taxed by our custom? if yes how much will it be taxed and approximately how much do i have to pay to get my item to reach my house? appreciate if anyone can answer me tho haha new to this
If you buy from taobao and use their official shipping (官方物流), you won't get taxed.

I think you should also look for good sellers who pack their stuff well, I tried 3 shops, 2 are fucking horrible and the box came in smashed, it's so bad that I'm trying to sell it boxless and get a new one. Now I only buy from this one seller that has super good service and packaging.
Ladszy
post Dec 28 2019, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 26 2019, 10:18 AM)
Seller do trash packaging even for real/ori figures?!  blink.gif
Yeah, some just put the figure, bubble-wrapped and straight into the box. Their packaging really bad compared to Japanese retailers.

I had one item come in today, got opened by customs / 转运仓 I think. Because the packaging was different from the pictures the seller sent before shipping. Guess I'll stop buying from taobao now. Even though the no-tax is really enticing. Will try shipping with Superbuy on my existing orders.

This post has been edited by Ladszy: Dec 28 2019, 01:14 PM
Ladszy
post Jan 2 2020, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Has anyone experienced bringing about 10 figures back at the airport?
I'm mainly worried about tax and whether they'll confiscate it because it's NSFW.

Other items with higher value can bide in luggage, but figure boxes damn big.

Also would like to ask, if you appoint PosLaju when dealing with customs. Will they open the box still?

This post has been edited by Ladszy: Jan 2 2020, 10:57 AM
Ladszy
post Jan 2 2020, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Jan 2 2020, 03:34 PM)
I brought back 3 before, one in luggage, 2 i hand carried in a big mandarake paper bag... walked pass kastam like a boss. No issues.

As for 10... I dont even know you gonna carry it..
Was this in KLIA? All your items also scanned?

Haha, going with a few people, so carrying it won't be a problem. Just worried they're gonna open, check then kacau if it's NSFW lol. Like come on man, what's the most harm someone can do by owning an NSFW figure lol
Ladszy
post Jan 4 2020, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Jan 3 2020, 01:37 PM)
Hmm I kinda did that early last year. 2 big luggage bags + 4 big boxes. Passed the kastam with no problem (they don't even open to luggage/box to check). But, I did put some doll clothes or kinda wrap the NSFW figures with clothes. Kastam will confiscate if the figure already naked when they open the box. But if covered can still pass.

For curiosity, do you have a list of figures you're trying to bring back?

As for appointing PosLaju, kastam can still open your box
Yeah I think which airport you clear customs in maybe also a factor. Did you clear your stuff in KLIA?

Here's the list of stuff i plan to bring back for now.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Ladszy
post Jan 5 2020, 05:37 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Jan 5 2020, 08:42 AM)
Mine was KLIA2.

Based on your list, I would say it should pass Kastam. As the NSFW stuff there require cast off to actually become NSFW haha.

The NSFW figure I brought back from the last JP trip

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/4358

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/323294

I did brought back some doujiinshi as well

[attachmentid=10389058]

Below are how all of them were brought back tongue.gif (excluding the white luggage bag)

[attachmentid=10389059]

[attachmentid=10389060]
wew, thanks for the details! I'm planning to bring back some doujins too if i could find them there haha.

btw did you travel alone and take the labels off the boxes storing the figures?

last time i bought this https://myfigurecollection.net/item/543993 , got detained and almost couldn't get it pass as they mentioned it was too sexy, but i persuaded and they let it pass in the end lah

This post has been edited by Ladszy: Jan 5 2020, 06:06 PM
Ladszy
post Jan 7 2020, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Jan 6 2020, 10:27 AM)
With that amount of stuff, not possible to travel alone hahaha. Overall weight of them exceed the maximum 40kg (AirAsia check-in luggage max limit for single passenger); I paid my friend to use his weight allocation tongue.gif I didn't take the labels off. But if your figure box does have nsfw images, maybe you can wrap them in gift wrapper.

As for doujin, do mix them together with your clothes, and don't stack them into a thick bundle. Put them inside paper envelopes. If you bought plastic models, put the doujins in paper envelopes, then put them in the plastic model box.
Thanks for the info! I think I'll clear my stuff at KLIA first and check them in again for my next domestic flight. Kena few times tax for other items already at this airport so not gonna risk it haha
Ladszy
post Jan 9 2020, 12:26 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Evenstarr88 @ Jan 9 2020, 12:00 PM)
Just wanted to ask... has anyone managed to evade customs using SAL shipping from Japan?

I have a figure coming in valued at more than RM500 (store refused to undervalue) and I am wondering what are the chances that she can escape customs if I use SAL? I heard that EMS is a guaranteed hit with customs.
I only had one that came in over RM500 before, around RM 511 declared value, SAL and luckily it passed.

Which shop did you buy from btw?

Ladszy
post Jan 17 2020, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Jan 15 2020, 10:51 AM)
Yes tongue.gif But take note that this said "proxy" is actually my friend in Japan tongue.gif
Hahaha, same as my 'proxy' then. Btw was your friend in Tokyo? Mine isn't and I still haven't thought of a way to get all the boxes from his place to my hotel.
Ladszy
post Feb 1 2020, 02:33 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Jan 30 2020, 09:52 AM)
yes, poslaju will ask you for the invoice.

should be 6% (not sure) plus other charges and yes, poslaju will give you the breakdown invoice (whole stack of documents for you to sign off upon collection).
I'm pretty sure it's 10%. Wish it was 6 though. Would be even better if the tax is levied upon the amount exceeding RM500.
Ladszy
post Feb 5 2020, 05:36 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Hmm, has anyone bought something from WonFes before? Like using a personal shopper etc?

Looking to buy some figures at the upcomong wonfes.
Ladszy
post Feb 6 2020, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(sheushen @ Feb 5 2020, 11:04 PM)
I physically bought from there before
What's your experience buying from there if you dm me asking?

Do those GK come with boxes like normal figures do?

Initially wanted to go to the upcoming one but got busy all of a sudden in Feb 😭 plane tickets were cheap too at around 5k.

This post has been edited by Ladszy: Feb 6 2020, 04:58 PM
Ladszy
post Feb 7 2020, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Feb 6 2020, 05:53 PM)
I thougth tic now around 2k only for economy?
Oops, 5k was for business haha.... but yeah maybe I should fly cheaper and use the extra money for figures
Ladszy
post Jul 2 2020, 03:51 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Hi, trying to sell some of my figures.

1. Wondering what other platforms I may have missed out? Currently in 1 FB group only atm.
2. What's a good reference for price-checking? I've only looked at online Malaysian stores.

Ladszy
post Jul 2 2020, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Jul 2 2020, 03:54 PM)
I would go for multiple platforms,

Can even open a garage sales here and post the link in this thread.

I have bought some figures form a LYN seller from the link i saw here before..
Yeah I would like to do that too but dunno which to go to, so far only carousell comes to mind.

Thanks for the suggestion btw. I'll get stuff ready then post haha.
Ladszy
post Jul 9 2020, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

When was this mySafe stuff introduced and why is it so troublesome to buy figures nowadays. Always check this check that. Ridiculous.
Ladszy
post Jul 11 2020, 09:18 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Ryutaro @ Jul 10 2020, 05:37 PM)
OMG this might be the worst parcel that Ive ever gotten yet....pretty sure amiami is to be blame...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Man I trusted their service for many years but seeing them disappointing me like this doesnt feels good at all..
The thing is this is bound to happen and least you could do is making sure to stuff the box fully with the recycled paper to make sure the recycled paper absorbed the impact from being pressed by the outer box

guys shud I write a complaint letter to amiami's customer support?
Thid looks like my stuff when I buy from taobao. I really wouldn't have expected them to be like this. Was this item detained by kastam?

I am thinking of only buying from Big in Japan and Solaris now

Ladszy
post Jul 22 2020, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(dokuro @ Jul 11 2020, 01:15 PM)
have you ever bought figures from BIJ and Solaris? i'm thinking of ordering from them but i'm not sure if they're okay. i've heard good things about them tho.
Sorry for the late response. I've bought from BiJ before, but shipped locally to Japan, I POed a figure with them shipping to Malaysia but it's not released yet. Their packaging seems ok and they're willing to undervalue.

QUOTE(reina_bot @ Jul 21 2020, 09:14 PM)
Hi guys, just a bit curious, so I found out that goods above RM 500 will be taxed and check by customs (due to my Nakiri Erina figurine being held by customs currently.)

I did pre-ordered some figurines in one lump sum, which are this, this and this quite a while back. Looking back, since the goods will obviously be more than RM 500, customs will check the parcel correct? I am kinda concerned on the Satsuki figma, does it fall under NSFW category? Just worried that it may get confiscated, since Kill la Kill is kinda fanservicey.
You'll receive a notice when it's detained and then go to the kastam office mentioned to pay taxes. That figure isn't really NSFW so I think you should be fine.

This post has been edited by Ladszy: Jul 22 2020, 10:01 AM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0203sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:15 PM