Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Japanese Vinyl and Figures V12, 2D Waifu in 3D

views

H814
post Jun 1 2018, 02:43 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(squall_12 @ Jun 1 2018, 01:56 PM)
Hi guy,

i need help as i got 1 item shipped out from japan (mandrake) to malaysia using DHL shipping and now kena crazy high import tax as u can see my figure value is around only RM211 but charge me crazy high tax RM157 is really crazy and so is it possible to avoid this totally? Thanks
it seems like they taxed you at a rate of 20% on the total cost [item+freight+insurance].

the RM50 disbursement fee is charged by DHL to facilitate the release of the item.

As for the calculation, your shipment was done by way of CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight), so usually custom will tax % based on the total cost, so that is correct. as for the import duties for toys is currently 20%, so I think the custom calculation is correct. Here's the rate if you wanna take a look:

https://www.easyship.com/countries/hongkong...ing-to-malaysia

as for avoiding payment, if you want you item you have to pay DHL :-/

This post has been edited by H814: Jun 1 2018, 02:51 PM
H814
post Jun 1 2018, 03:07 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(squall_12 @ Jun 1 2018, 02:56 PM)
i thought for start june no more gst and so tax should be free as well sad.gif
Commencing 1st June, GST is zerorated (0) however you still have to pay Import Duty. In normal circumstances you will need to pay import duty + GST, i.e., 20% + 6%.

I also noted that your shipping cost is higher than the value of your item. which contributed to the overall tax payable.

This post has been edited by H814: Jun 1 2018, 03:09 PM
H814
post Jun 1 2018, 06:10 PM

20 posts

that the rule of the game. Nothing much can be done. Pay and move on.
H814
post Jun 19 2018, 12:42 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(squall_12 @ Jun 19 2018, 10:20 AM)
Hi guy,

Want to ask item send from japan to malaysia which stuck at status Item en route to since 11th June could it be possible my item is lost? Thanks
Hi, had the same issues prior to Raya holidays. From what I gathered chances are the items are en route to the Poslaju sorting hub/ branch corresponding the delivery address, however due to the high traffic during Raya holidays the parcel may have arrived at the hub/branch but not scanned by Poslaju and have not been sorted. That would explained why the tracking system has not picked up any updates.

Best is to call the customer service line and file a report. They can check the system as to whether the parcel was on-board the vehicle heading to the Poslaju hub/branch. From there, you'll need to pay a visit to the Poslaju hub (assuming they don't pick up your calls) and if your parcel is sorted and scanned then you can pick up the parcel yourself at the hub or you may need to ask them to manually find your parcel (assuming it has not been scanned and sorted). On the latter, you may not be able to pick up your item as of yet (coz they need to scan it. It's procedural), but you can leave your contact and they can either arrange to have it sent to you or you can go pick it up later. (At least you know that the parcel is safe and sound at the branch/hub).

If they can't find your item at the Poslaju branch, then depending on your locality, the item may still be stuck at the sorting hub/facility, i.e., the area's main hub before they sort it and send it to the respective Poslaju branch within the area, for example, Shah Alam has a sorting facility in Glenmarie where they will sort out parcels for respective Poslaju branches within the Shah Alam, send the parcels to the branches and then Poslaju will send them out from the respective branches. In Klang, there's a new sorting hub in Kapar industrial Park which does sorting for the area (i visited it last week and it's not in full operation yet).

So I think before we conclude the parcel being lost, perhaps you can do some enquiry as mentioned above. The tracking on my parcel was permanently stuck at "en route to" for 5 days, and after going through the above hassle I manage to locate the parcel and picked it up from the delivery hub.

Hope the above helps. smile.gif
H814
post Jul 12 2018, 10:22 AM

20 posts

Hi guys, speaking of which I’ve just placed some MISB Anime PVC figures on Carousell, essentially just clearing them and passing on to those who will enjoy them better:)

http://my.carousell.com/p/177853407

Individual pricings are in the description, or you’re more than welcome to take everything at a bundled price. Can be discussed further.

Hope this is not a violation of the thread rules! smile.gif
H814
post Jul 10 2020, 06:16 PM

20 posts

Well from the pictures, it seems that the damage occurs from the bottom of the shipper box (correct me if I'm wrong).

My experience with AmiAmi is that they don't really pad the bottom and the top of the shipper box enough to protect the item from impact/damage , hence there is always a chance that the item is damage (from the top or bottom impact) during transit. Your best bet is for the courier handling your package being prudent enough to handle the package diligently.

Did you shipped via SAL or EMS? or was it by way of DHL?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:00 AM