Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Japanese Vinyl and Figures V12, 2D Waifu in 3D

AngryDoll
post Jun 8 2018, 02:10 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(cifer22 @ Jun 6 2018, 09:48 AM)
You can ask the question on subreddit r/AnimeFigures. I always ask there about these type of question tho. It was great subreddit for anime figure collectors. You can discuss or display your anime figures in there. Just read the rules before posting.
Thanks, I will check it out.
Kirino2012
post Jun 8 2018, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

want to ask, any1 bought any figures lately import from japan - amiami, etc

whats the est. price for ems shipment - 1 figure, medium to large box

ty
Exiled_Gundam
post Jun 8 2018, 04:37 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Kirino2012 @ Jun 8 2018, 03:54 PM)
want to ask, any1 bought any figures lately import from japan - amiami, etc

whats the est. price for ems shipment - 1 figure, medium to large box

ty
Hmm from my observation so far (this apply to in-stock items, send using EMS)
First, you go to Hobby Search ( http://www.1999.co.jp/eng ) then look for the item. In the item page you scroll down abit until can see the weight. Then, add 60% to the weight, then compare with EMS rate table (the next highest) http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html (see Asia column)

For example, consider this Play Arts : http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-036288
In Hobby Search the page is: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10513773
Scroll down that page and you can see the weight is 584g, so add 60% to weight will make it around 934g. Compare it to EMS rate table, the next highest rate that is close to 934g is 1kg, which is 2,100yen. This is the price amiami quoted me for EMS for the Play Arts Kai Tina Branford. Japan EMS seems to use actual weight for the shipping cost. If your figure box is big but it doesn't weight much, what will contribute to the shipment weight later is the weight of the shipment box (bigger box will weight more)

Might not be accurate but shouldn't be far from the actual shipping cost (maybe few threshold lower or higher)

This post has been edited by Exiled_Gundam: Jun 8 2018, 04:43 PM
Kirino2012
post Jun 8 2018, 05:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Jun 8 2018, 04:37 PM)
Hmm from my observation so far (this apply to in-stock items, send using EMS)
First, you go to Hobby Search ( http://www.1999.co.jp/eng ) then look for the item. In the item page you scroll down abit until can see the weight. Then, add 60% to the weight, then compare with EMS rate table (the next highest) http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html (see Asia column)

For example, consider this Play Arts : http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-036288
In Hobby Search the page is: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10513773
Scroll down that page and you can see the weight is 584g, so add 60% to weight will make it around 934g. Compare it to EMS rate table, the next highest rate that is close to 934g is 1kg, which is 2,100yen. This is the price amiami quoted me for EMS for the Play Arts Kai Tina Branford. Japan EMS seems to use actual weight for the shipping cost. If your figure box is big but it doesn't weight much, what will contribute to the shipment weight later is the weight of the shipment box (bigger box will weight more)

Might not be accurate but shouldn't be far from the actual shipping cost (maybe few threshold lower or higher)
XD no need to be accurate, just want to know agak agak price, a recent buy price is enough reference for me

long time no buy figure stuff just want to know how the ems postage pricing nowadays, like before i think est is around rm100
rabbit.dynamite
post Jun 9 2018, 06:40 AM

QUOTE(swx999 @ Jun 2 2018, 02:37 AM)
They don't bother how much u actually paid, they will just follow their shxt schedule same as fedex and claim that ur shipping cost shown on the declare is fake. U ask shipper they say these declaration done by courier. U ask courier they say these declaration done by shipper. Kicking u like a ball. Guess this is the way they earn some money. When the shipping fee is much more higher than an item, why would we using this shipping method LOL

Maybe need to wait the new government to find out these hidden rules and get rid of them.
I don't mind paying tax if it is really exceed but this is just way far ridiculous.. this is a scam LOL
It's like a Bangla holding permit but the police say the permit is fake, don't even want to check their system to identify the authentity and ask for coffee.

They can always check with courier regarding the actual shipping fee collected but they chose to ignore it and follow their schedule. Maybe this is one of the way the courier get some extra income
Yeah, I also don't understand why the hell we're being charged according to the schedule instead of the actual shipping cost. Seems to me it's just a cheap and ridiculous excuse for them to tax us and make some easy money.

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Jun 6 2018, 01:24 PM)
according to my friend who worked in kastam
Have you ever tried asking your friend how the schedule works and what's the logic behind it? There seems to be very little info online on what the damn thing actually is.
Exiled_Gundam
post Jun 9 2018, 06:29 PM

On my way

QUOTE(rabbit.dynamite @ Jun 9 2018, 06:40 AM)
Yeah, I also don't understand why the hell we're being charged according to the schedule instead of the actual shipping cost. Seems to me it's just a cheap and ridiculous excuse for them to tax us and make some easy money.
Have you ever tried asking your friend how the schedule works and what's the logic behind it? There seems to be very little info online on what the damn thing actually is.
From what my friend told me the table was given by courier
EXkurogane
post Jun 9 2018, 09:06 PM

Regular

QUOTE(AngryDoll @ Jun 4 2018, 04:59 PM)
Saw this in AmiAmi, they dont allow other people to pay for you and vice versa.

Q. I'm having trouble with my account. Can I have a friend pay for my order? Can I pay for my friend's order?
A. Please submit payment for your orders using your own payment information.
If we discover payments originating from other individuals, the accounts may be determined to be duplicates and both accounts may be closed without warning.

I dont know if other shop like NY, Mandarake, GSC allow other people to pay for you, because I would like to have the option of using my family credit card to pay if there are problem with my paypal account, debit & prepaid card.
This is the problem I'm having. So far Amiami has not noticed it yet.
I have 2 or 3 orders that I dont want already so Im giving it to other people who are interested. I let that "other people" log in my account and pay on their own with their own paypal. So far amiami has not noticed it yet, if I get caught im screwed.

It's like, I cant cancel the order yet I cant have other people taking my order. It's ridiculous. Im being nice enough trying not to cancel orders.
So far I can do that on nippon-yasan, no problem

This post has been edited by EXkurogane: Jun 9 2018, 09:18 PM
cifer22
post Jun 13 2018, 04:28 AM

Anyone waiting for this? I hope the price is not too expensive when the PO open.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by cifer22: Jun 13 2018, 04:30 AM
redwing7394
post Jun 14 2018, 09:39 PM

Has anyone ordered from Big In Japan before? Do they under declare your parcel like Nippon Yasan does?
AngryDoll
post Jun 17 2018, 11:57 AM

QUOTE(EXkurogane @ Jun 9 2018, 09:06 PM)
This is the problem I'm having. So far Amiami has not noticed it yet.
I have 2 or 3 orders that I dont want already so Im giving it to other people who are interested. I let that "other people" log in my account and pay on their own with their own paypal. So far amiami has not noticed it yet, if I get caught im screwed.

It's like, I cant cancel the order yet I cant have other people taking my order. It's ridiculous. Im being nice enough trying not to cancel orders.
So far I can do that on nippon-yasan, no problem
Does the person update the shipping address in your account as well? Or the item just ship to u and u will forward to them later.
EXkurogane
post Jun 18 2018, 06:18 PM

Regular

QUOTE(AngryDoll @ Jun 17 2018, 11:57 AM)
Does the person update the shipping address in your account as well? Or the item just ship to u and u will forward to them later.
Item will ship straight to the buyer's address (in another country). This isn't a problem, because you can claim that you buy gifts for your friend.
The problem is the payment - that person log into my account to pay for the order himself. That breaks the rule of not being allowed to let someone else pay for your order. As long you you dont get caught though. I can make new account with different name and shipping address in case shit happens anyway, i have 3 usable addresses. Only that i lose my preorders (not many, since most of my stuff i get from nippon yasan nowadays).
AngryDoll
post Jun 19 2018, 09:23 AM

QUOTE(EXkurogane @ Jun 18 2018, 06:18 PM)
Item will ship straight to the buyer's address (in another country). This isn't a problem, because you can claim that you buy gifts for your friend.
The problem is the payment - that person log into my account to pay for the order himself. That breaks the rule of not being allowed to let someone else pay for your order. As long you you dont get caught though. I can make new account with different name and shipping address in case shit happens anyway, i have 3 usable addresses. Only that i lose my preorders (not many, since most of my stuff i get from nippon yasan nowadays).
Does NY always entertain your request?
I use them once, leave a message to tell them dont mark as gift and dont undervalue, and they still do it lol.

squall_12
post Jun 19 2018, 10:20 AM

Regular

Hi guy,

Want to ask item send from japan to malaysia which stuck at status Item en route to since 11th June could it be possible my item is lost? Thanks

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
H814
post Jun 19 2018, 12:42 PM

QUOTE(squall_12 @ Jun 19 2018, 10:20 AM)
Hi guy,

Want to ask item send from japan to malaysia which stuck at status Item en route to since 11th June could it be possible my item is lost? Thanks
Hi, had the same issues prior to Raya holidays. From what I gathered chances are the items are en route to the Poslaju sorting hub/ branch corresponding the delivery address, however due to the high traffic during Raya holidays the parcel may have arrived at the hub/branch but not scanned by Poslaju and have not been sorted. That would explained why the tracking system has not picked up any updates.

Best is to call the customer service line and file a report. They can check the system as to whether the parcel was on-board the vehicle heading to the Poslaju hub/branch. From there, you'll need to pay a visit to the Poslaju hub (assuming they don't pick up your calls) and if your parcel is sorted and scanned then you can pick up the parcel yourself at the hub or you may need to ask them to manually find your parcel (assuming it has not been scanned and sorted). On the latter, you may not be able to pick up your item as of yet (coz they need to scan it. It's procedural), but you can leave your contact and they can either arrange to have it sent to you or you can go pick it up later. (At least you know that the parcel is safe and sound at the branch/hub).

If they can't find your item at the Poslaju branch, then depending on your locality, the item may still be stuck at the sorting hub/facility, i.e., the area's main hub before they sort it and send it to the respective Poslaju branch within the area, for example, Shah Alam has a sorting facility in Glenmarie where they will sort out parcels for respective Poslaju branches within the Shah Alam, send the parcels to the branches and then Poslaju will send them out from the respective branches. In Klang, there's a new sorting hub in Kapar industrial Park which does sorting for the area (i visited it last week and it's not in full operation yet).

So I think before we conclude the parcel being lost, perhaps you can do some enquiry as mentioned above. The tracking on my parcel was permanently stuck at "en route to" for 5 days, and after going through the above hassle I manage to locate the parcel and picked it up from the delivery hub.

Hope the above helps. smile.gif
squall_12
post Jun 19 2018, 12:54 PM

Regular

QUOTE(H814 @ Jun 19 2018, 12:42 PM)
Hi, had the same issues prior to Raya holidays. From what I gathered chances are the items are en route to the Poslaju sorting hub/ branch corresponding the delivery address, however due to the high traffic during Raya holidays the parcel may have arrived at the hub/branch but not scanned by Poslaju and  have not been sorted. That would explained why the tracking system has not picked up any updates.

Best is to call the customer service line and file a report. They can check the system as to whether the parcel was on-board the vehicle heading to the Poslaju hub/branch. From there, you'll need to pay a visit to the Poslaju hub  (assuming they don't pick up your calls) and if your parcel is sorted and scanned then you can pick up the parcel yourself at the hub or you may need to ask them to manually find your parcel (assuming it has not been scanned and sorted). On the latter, you may not be able to pick up your item as of yet (coz they need to scan it. It's procedural), but you can leave your contact and they can either arrange to have it sent to you or you can go pick it up later. (At least you know that the parcel is safe and sound at the branch/hub).

If they can't find your item at the Poslaju branch, then depending on your locality, the item may still be stuck at the sorting hub/facility, i.e., the area's main hub before they sort it and send it to the respective Poslaju branch within the area, for example, Shah Alam has a sorting facility in Glenmarie where they will sort out parcels for respective Poslaju branches within the Shah Alam, send the parcels to the branches and then Poslaju will send them out from the respective branches. In Klang, there's a new sorting hub in Kapar industrial Park which does sorting for the area (i visited it last week and it's not in full operation yet).

So I think before we conclude the parcel being lost, perhaps you can do some enquiry as mentioned above. The tracking on my parcel was permanently stuck at "en route to" for 5 days, and after going through the above hassle I manage to locate the parcel and picked it up from the delivery hub.

Hope the above helps. smile.gif
i buy figure from japan and shipped it back to my friend at setapak and right now my friend already file a complain on this issue so let see how this goes. Thanks
EXkurogane
post Jun 19 2018, 08:39 PM

Regular

QUOTE(AngryDoll @ Jun 19 2018, 09:23 AM)
Does NY always entertain your request?
I use them once, leave a message to tell them dont mark as gift and dont undervalue, and they still do it lol.
oh those gift thing i dont bother anymore lol
but when i message them to change shipping address (another country) they are always ok with it. For this address change you have to use the "send a ticket" function
MeToo
post Jun 22 2018, 10:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

After searching Akihabara for 2 days.....

Finally found it in KL!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

88 Pages « < 86 87 88Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0920sec    1.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th June 2018 - 04:37 AM