Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA] Baby Carrier Car Seat, any recommeded brands?

views

SUSsupersound
post Mar 9 2016, 11:35 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(babymonster @ Mar 9 2016, 09:45 AM)
just wondering... why would you say it's for showing off?
if u survey/chk, u would notice that the expensive ones are well certified and crash tested...
apart from that, most of those are multi-stage usage (group 0-1-2, group 1-2-3, group 0-1-2-3)

i personally wouldn't get an uncertfiied/not crash tested car seat (normally local brands & the price would be very cheap).. for my own peace of mind, i rather spend a bit more for the sake of my kid's safety..
What type of crash? If your car are not, it is same, don't fall to marketing hype.
lord_drake
post Mar 10 2016, 12:45 AM

39 posts

My question previously could be too vague hence the misconception. Car seats can be ranging from very cheap to very expensive. My initial thought was to buy an affordable car seat with a budget of 700 and below. Then I made some research and thought of buying Graco Size4Me which is few hundred above my budget. So just wanna ask experienced parents if spending more on a car seat is worth the money
PeowYong
post Mar 10 2016, 10:45 AM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

You had already set your budget to around RM700, then u will definitely feel not worth it if going for rm1k car seat... more expensive car seat might be more expensive brand, having certification, have more functions (ISOFIX..etc) and more comfortable for baby/toddler..
hanishoney
post Mar 10 2016, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(paktam @ Mar 8 2016, 08:52 AM)
The pad has nothing to do for safety...for safety purpose...just put the car seat on the rear seat and not the front seat for safety purpose as most of the car manufacturer suggested...
To prevent danger from collision, put on the safety belt to the car seat and ensure to put on the safety belt to your infant if you are concern about the safety in car of any accidents...
The pad does have issues with regard to safety. For example, when a crash happens, the high speed will squish all the air out of most poofy padding. That would make baby suddenly loose inside the harness and fly out. I highly recommend reading the link I provided.

QUOTE(soyusa @ Mar 9 2016, 01:42 AM)
I'm also looking for a new car seat (Group 1,2,3) for my 2 years old toddler and I have these in my mind:
- Koopers Waltz (RM8XX)
- Britax Evolva 123 Plus (RM13XX)
- Joie Every Stages (RM14XX)
- Recaro Young Sport (RM16XX)

Most importantly, make sure the car seat you going to buy meet European safety standard ECE R44/04.
You may read the article in here, it does help me understand more about car seat. smile.gif
For me, my issue with buying expensive is that all carseats are actually one-time use product. As in, you can only use it for ONE ACCIDENT. After any accident, you should throw away your carseat. So when you buy something that lasts a long time like Joie Every Stages, you're hoping that you'll never have an accident the whole time you have it in your car. Overseas, when the carseat gets into an accident, insurance reimburses the policy holder for a new carseat. In Malaysia, if you get into a car accident, you'd have to replace the carseat out of your own pocket. I personally had an accident one week after I bought a brand new Britax Frontier for my 2 year old.

To decide on a budget, you should always ask yourself, if I drive out of the shop and get into an accident, can I afford to buy at this budget again? I also don't like to buy for multiple stages because the technology to combine them is more expensive. If my son is in group 1, then I'll save money by buying a carseat for group 1 that is as high quality as possible within my budget, and I'll buy a group 2 carseat for him later when he's in group 2.
soyusa
post Mar 10 2016, 10:37 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Mar 9 2016, 10:46 AM)
there is no such thing as wise or not to spend > 1k on a car seat.

We did not spend on our baby first car seat (Maxi Cosi - free gift by signing up Cryocord in expo) and stroller (unknown brand - won it from baby expo lucky draw), so we thought that spending around 1k for a car seat that could last for many years seems worth it. After surveying Britax and Joie stages (models around rm1k), we ended up buying Joie Stages.
Thanks for sharing.
Agree with you that spent 1K that can last for couples of year seems worth it, especially good quality and more comfort for our kid.
Will look for it in this coming TCE Baby Fair in MV. smile.gif

QUOTE(hanishoney @ Mar 10 2016, 05:52 PM)
For me, my issue with buying expensive is that all carseats are actually one-time use product. As in, you can only use it for ONE ACCIDENT. After any accident, you should throw away your carseat. So when you buy something that lasts a long time like Joie Every Stages, you're hoping that you'll never have an accident the whole time you have it in your car. Overseas, when the carseat gets into an accident, insurance reimburses the policy holder for a new carseat. In Malaysia, if you get into a car accident, you'd have to replace the carseat out of your own pocket. I personally had an accident one week after I bought a brand new Britax Frontier for my 2 year old.

To decide on a budget, you should always ask yourself, if I drive out of the shop and get into an accident, can I afford to buy at this budget again? I also don't like to buy for multiple stages because the technology to combine them is more expensive. If my son is in group 1, then I'll save money by buying a carseat for group 1 that is as high quality as possible within my budget, and I'll buy a group 2 carseat for him later when he's in group 2.
I did read some of your post in Car seat recommendation, Discussion about car seat, great info to know before get a car seat. thumbup.gif
Also, thanks for point out that accident does not cover the carseat replacement, I was not aware about it! shocking.gif
I shall get a car seat should I get based on my budget in this coming TCE Baby Fair in MV. icon_rolleyes.gif

soyusa
post May 31 2016, 02:06 AM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(Qistina Ali Azizan @ May 20 2016, 05:37 PM)
Baby carriers are so heavy!! My husband pun tak larat nak angkat haha. U dowan to try stroller and car seat seperate maybe? At least no need to take car seat (if carrier la) in and out of the car. Penat tau. This is the one we are using (he’s 1 year 3 months and loving it!) https://mall.shopee.com.my/item/?sid=4014374&iid=19280766 p.s: Not easy to tie and untangle a car seat hahaha so maybe you can also try yang ini https://mall.shopee.com.my/item/?sid=636846&iid=19597115
My personal experience with Sparco F500K car seat - don't buy it!
Get a reputable International Brand (e.g. Britax, Recaro, Maxi-cosi, Cosco, Chicco, Joie, Cybex, Graco, etc) instead of getting this one!

The main reason - the screw will loose after a period of time whenever you pull/release the hardness adjuster strap. doh.gif doh.gif
For my case, this happened just after one year and it is not repairable, really bad design and I wonder how it get get ECE R44/04 certified (E4) ? ranting.gif
Furthermore, another person who complain this in FB as well.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Do you think this car seat will save our kids if there is impact? Hell no!
I met one of the seller (from another baby store) told me this is common problem for Sparco F500k. shakehead.gif
The built quality is really bad as well... not worth for the price around RM700.
In this price range you can get Joie or Britax by top up RM0 to RM100++.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.03    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:33 AM