Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Yamaha AVR Thread v3.00, Discussions about Yamaha

views

ehklee
post Feb 28 2016, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

Hi all sifus. I encounter a problem with my receiver RX-V379 and Bluray player BDP-S370.

I can't seem to get the DTS-HD Master signal from my bluray player into my Yamaha receiver. The display on my receiver is always showing PCM.

I had done the necessary setting on my bluray player and tried many different settings but my receiver is always displaying PCM.

Does anyone here encounter the same problem as I do? If so, could you all enlighten me?
ehklee
post Feb 28 2016, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Feb 28 2016, 08:55 PM)
yup...make sure it is bitstream and no LPCM or auto mode
Yes. I did the bitstream setting and my receiver displays only Dolby Digital but not DTS-HD. Wonder what's wrong.

My bluray disc has diff audio setting:

1)When i choose Dolby Digital the display will show Dolby Digital

2)When i choose DTS- HD Master audio the display changes to PCM

This post has been edited by ehklee: Feb 28 2016, 10:34 PM
ehklee
post Feb 29 2016, 09:07 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(hushymushy @ Feb 28 2016, 11:14 PM)
Ur bluray output i assume u hv checked to ensure bitstream right

What player r u using?

Local bluray disc or region A?
Sometimes d local copy got audio track issues
I bought the Bluray disc from Hong Kong. I assume it's region A?

u use auto surround decoder?
try straight mode. solve a lot of kind issue
\

Yes, I used straight mode. Then while I played the bluray disc, I tried to change the different Audio by pressing the Audio button on my Sony Bluray remote (the selection choices were already mentioned in my previous message).

Is it every BD you tried had the same problem ?

I have yet to try my other Bluray disc. Will try it tonight.
ehklee
post Feb 29 2016, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Feb 29 2016, 02:20 PM)
Sounds to me like your BDP is decoding the DTS/DD streams and then sending it out as PCM/LPCM to your receiver.
I set my surround as Straight. Then when I checked the Signal Info, it is getting the Dolby Digital signal.
ehklee
post Mar 2 2016, 07:31 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Mar 2 2016, 05:34 PM)
So DD works, but DTS is being decoded into PCM?

Okay, one other question; is the PCM stream in 2.0 or multi-channel LPCM? Because if it's the latter, you actually have nothing to worry about (as long as the multi-channel source is being played properly to the exact speakers).

How to check this? I'm still a newbie. Sorry for asking too many questions
ehklee
post May 5 2016, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(ehklee @ Feb 28 2016, 04:17 PM)
Hi all sifus.  I encounter a problem with my receiver RX-V379 and Bluray player BDP-S370. 

I can't seem to get the DTS-HD Master signal from my bluray player into my Yamaha receiver.  The display on my receiver is always showing PCM. 

I had done the necessary setting on my bluray player and tried many different settings but my receiver is always displaying PCM. 

Does anyone here encounter the same problem as I do?  If so,  could you all enlighten me?
Guys, after few months of trial. I finally got this resolved. Just wanted to share with you how I resolved this issue. At first I thought it's my Bluray player Bitstream setting. I did as per what recommended, but my Bluray player still transmit PCM audio quality to my receiver (for DTS -HD Master bluray). I tweaked the bitstream setting more than 10 times and tried on few Bluray discs, it was still the same outcome.

Yesterday, I gave it another trial. Careless me, I observed the Incoming HDMI Video Resolution from my Bluray is only 480p. I wondered why. Then I went back to my Bluray player Video setting then only realized the setting was locked to 480p. I immediately changed to Auto and tested. The video signal changed back to 1080p. I immediately replay the Bluray discs, finally my receiver managed to detect the DTS-HD Master audio signal.

Lesson learnt. I was too focus on the Audio Setting without going through the Video Setting. So the key take away is, Audio and Video settings come hand in hand. Im a happy man now. My next aim is to get a better quality Front speakers (as my receiver comes with free NSP20 speakers). cool2.gif
ehklee
post May 6 2016, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(sonerin @ May 5 2016, 10:02 AM)
Should get front and center to be the same.
Any good recommendation?
ehklee
post May 6 2016, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(sonerin @ May 6 2016, 03:02 PM)
Any budget ?
Less than RM1k.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0357sec    0.83    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:07 PM