post Mar 20 2016, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

somebody using yamaha emx200vcd?
konpaku
post Mar 21 2016, 12:33 AM

Casual
337 posts

anyone using as801? i know it's not avr but integrated stereo, but any sifus with experience with them?
ktek
post Mar 21 2016, 02:24 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,537 posts

QUOTE(konpaku @ Mar 21 2016, 12:33 AM)
anyone using as801? i know it's not avr but integrated stereo, but any sifus with experience with them?
not sure about the performance. i know desa home @lowyat plaza got yamaha stereo system in dedicated room. i walk in yesterday didn test, just look look see see. u might interest to visit there
SSJBen
post Mar 29 2016, 09:06 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Yamaha Announces New RXV81 Series:
http://www.ce-pro.eu/article/yamaha-launch...e-cinema-market

tldr; Atmos and DTS:X support on V581 series and up. That's pretty much the only major "improvement" over last year's models.
ktek
post Mar 30 2016, 02:54 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,537 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Mar 29 2016, 09:06 PM)
Yamaha Announces New RXV81 Series:
http://www.ce-pro.eu/article/yamaha-launch...e-cinema-market

tldr; Atmos and DTS:X support on V581 series and up. That's pretty much the only major "improvement" over last year's models.
next is wait aventage
SSJBen
post Mar 30 2016, 04:03 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Mar 30 2016, 02:54 AM)
next is wait aventage
Yeah well before all of that... they need to effin' release the the firmware update for the current models already. They said early March, now end of March. Bunyi pun tak ada. doh.gif

...AND it's up.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Mar 30 2016, 10:00 PM
SSJBen
post Mar 31 2016, 01:36 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Well just a quick update.
I don't have an A1050, A2050 or A3050. But the good news from those that I know who has either of them is that after the 1.77 update, their receivers can still choose DSU or DTS Neural X to up mix EITHER legacy Dolby or DTS formats.

This is quite a deal actually because Denon nor Marantz after their DTSX update were locked out of using their upmix mode of choice. So a DTS track can only use Neural X and not DSU, vice versa.

Great job Yamaha. This is why they're awesome.
ktek
post Mar 31 2016, 01:56 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,537 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Mar 30 2016, 04:03 PM)
...AND it's up.
last minute up rclxms.gif
ccschua
post Apr 1 2016, 08:09 AM

Regular
1,491 posts

I hav got the Yamaha A850 from CMY, including free delivery, setup and explanation PM me if u need contact.

got the airplay, internet radio and server working as my unit connected to synology music and movie server. it is smooth like a breeze.

on internet radio, I notice the malaysia station is lacking those popular channel like BFM or LITE. can I use Vtuner to add in the station or I just stick with whatever Yamaha put in the internet radio list ?

sound wise its ok the components use justify its price. if given a choice, I would go for A2050 and up.

can Anyone also share if they use music cast speakers ?
silentsunami
post Apr 1 2016, 10:46 AM

Enthusiast
891 posts

anyone know what is the warranty period for yamaha RX-V model in Malaysia?
SSJBen
post Apr 1 2016, 01:38 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(ccschua @ Apr 1 2016, 08:09 AM)
I hav got the Yamaha A850 from CMY, including free delivery, setup and explanation PM me if u need contact.

got the airplay, internet radio and server working as my unit connected to synology music and movie server. it is smooth like a breeze.

on internet radio, I notice the malaysia station is lacking those popular channel like BFM or LITE. can I use Vtuner to add in the station or I just stick with whatever Yamaha put in the internet radio list ?

sound wise its ok the components use justify its price. if given a choice, I would go for A2050 and up.

can Anyone also share if they use music cast speakers ?
Not sure about radio features, I haven't listened to radio in ages...

I tried Music cast with a Yamaha soundbar not too long ago, works as intended. Nifty feature if you need it.

QUOTE(silentsunami @ Apr 1 2016, 10:46 AM)
anyone know what is the warranty period for yamaha RX-V model in Malaysia?
1 year.
silentsunami
post Apr 1 2016, 02:17 PM

Enthusiast
891 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Apr 1 2016, 01:38 PM)
Not sure about radio features, I haven't listened to radio in ages...

I tried Music cast with a Yamaha soundbar not too long ago, works as intended. Nifty feature if you need it.
1 year.
Thanks mate, cause i checked and RX-V in US comes with 2 years warranty. Another thing is if you just got your AVR, you can register with yamaha malaysia within 60days to get additional 6 months warranty.

SSJBen
post Apr 1 2016, 02:50 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(silentsunami @ Apr 1 2016, 02:17 PM)
Thanks mate, cause i checked and RX-V in US comes with 2 years warranty. Another thing is if you just got your AVR, you can register with yamaha malaysia within 60days to get additional 6 months warranty.
US is US. Different market.
They have models that Malaysia don't have (RXV779 and RXA550 for example).
silentsunami
post Apr 1 2016, 03:00 PM

Enthusiast
891 posts

I'm still playing with YPAO setting for my RXV679, one question here, you all let YPAO handle all EQ or using manual mode?
SSJBen
post Apr 1 2016, 11:27 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(silentsunami @ Apr 1 2016, 03:00 PM)
I'm still playing with YPAO setting for my RXV679, one question here, you all let YPAO handle all EQ or using manual mode?
I use YPAO as the base, then copy the filters to REW and go from there.

Important thing to note; your version of YPAO only has ONE-point measurement. So make absolutely sure your measuring methods are near perfect. Use a tripod for the mic, place it at ear height on your couch, but about 25cm away from the couch back to minimize reflection.

Then always double check results. Bass management is very important, so make sure everything is in order. Distance (delay) is usually correct, your sub may be adjusted farther away than it actually is but that's because the receiver has to take into account of the internal filters on the sub.
ccschua
post Apr 10 2016, 03:17 PM

Regular
1,491 posts

aventege : has anyone flashed to the new firmeware 1.77. is it stable and will the radio station go away ?
SSJBen
post Apr 10 2016, 03:22 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(ccschua @ Apr 10 2016, 03:17 PM)
aventege : has anyone flashed to the new firmeware 1.77. is it stable and will the radio station go away ?
Zero problems here with 1.77. I don't use the radio station, but testing it out everything works just as before.
silentsunami
post Apr 11 2016, 05:43 PM

Enthusiast
891 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Apr 1 2016, 11:27 PM)
I use YPAO as the base, then copy the filters to REW and go from there.

Important thing to note; your version of YPAO only has ONE-point measurement. So make absolutely sure your measuring methods are near perfect. Use a tripod for the mic, place it at ear height on your couch, but about 25cm away from the couch back to minimize reflection.

Then always double check results. Bass management is very important, so make sure everything is in order. Distance (delay) is usually correct, your sub may be adjusted farther away than it actually is but that's because the receiver has to take into account of the internal filters on the sub.
Sorry noob question here, how to you copy the REW file and which software u use to edit?

Another question, if i manually edit the distance, YPAO will take the manual edit distance or the one generated by YPAO? thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
SSJBen
post Apr 11 2016, 05:54 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(silentsunami @ Apr 11 2016, 05:43 PM)
Sorry noob question here, how to you copy the REW file and which software u use to edit?

Another question, if i manually edit the distance, YPAO will take the manual edit distance or the one generated by YPAO? thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
Quite long to explain, so check these 2 guides:
https://simplehomecinema.com/2014/10/09/yam...advanced-topic/
https://simplehomecinema.com/2014/11/14/yam...advanced-topic/

If you edit the distance after you did YPAO, then the receiver will just follow the edited distance. If you measured the distance before doing YPAO, then YPAO will correct it to what it thinks is correct.
Either way, the distance setting is actually "delays". Having an exact distance from your tape measure to your MLP is not always the best because you will have to account for internal filters, especially more so for the subs. YPAO takes these internal filters from your speakers and subs, then calculate the delays.

Of course if YPAO gives you something stupid like your center channel being 20 feet away when the actual distance is only 10 feet, then you know something is wrong. But if it's within the distance of 1-2 feet from your tape measure, I generally suggest to stick with the YPAO calculation instead.

silentsunami
post Apr 11 2016, 06:33 PM

Enthusiast
891 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Apr 11 2016, 05:54 PM)
Quite long to explain, so check these 2 guides:
https://simplehomecinema.com/2014/10/09/yam...advanced-topic/
https://simplehomecinema.com/2014/11/14/yam...advanced-topic/
If you edit the distance after you did YPAO, then the receiver will just follow the edited distance. If you measured the distance before doing YPAO, then YPAO will correct it to what it thinks is correct.
Either way, the distance setting is actually "delays". Having an exact distance from your tape measure to your MLP is not always the best because you will have to account for internal filters, especially more so for the subs. YPAO takes these internal filters from your speakers and subs, then calculate the delays.

Of course if YPAO gives you something stupid like your center channel being 20 feet away when the actual distance is only 10 feet, then you know something is wrong. But if it's within the distance of 1-2 feet from your tape measure, I generally suggest to stick with the YPAO calculation instead.
Thanks mate, wonderful info here notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

30 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0251sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:57 PM