5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Viable place to exit shiet hits the fan in Msia

views

SUSJyunkai
post Feb 8 2016, 01:53 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

Malaysia is still okay, I mean it's a shithole, but compared to the countries that I can migrate to, it's still better.
JonSpark
post Feb 8 2016, 01:56 PM

ai shiteru
4,825 posts

QUOTE(AxeFire @ Feb 8 2016, 08:21 AM)
Only reason I will leave is when there is an actual war and I see explosion
Economic downturn is not a reason to leave yet
Same here

Would only consider leaving if the country turning into Syria or Israel

or end up like Greece and Venezuela
SUSPh 7.00
post Feb 8 2016, 02:01 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(syairaziyunus @ Feb 8 2016, 09:12 AM)
U stay here cox u no choice, no money, and u like to take it up the rear by our politicians
oi, dier kaya broh... agak2xlah
SUSGeoff Peterson
post Feb 8 2016, 02:10 PM

0 posts

China!
JonSpark
post Feb 8 2016, 02:10 PM

ai shiteru
4,825 posts

QUOTE(jamilselamat @ Feb 8 2016, 03:28 AM)
The chavs and skinheads are bothersome, but I much prefer those 4 months of winter compared to here where we are hot and humid all year long.
I assume you've been to UK during winter

I also said the same thing when I first step foot into Europe, in less than 2 weeks ayam cursing myself and suddenly Malaysia weather is like sunshine and rainbows

I frequent flyer to EU, till this day hate the winter there
SUSPh 7.00
post Feb 8 2016, 02:13 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(JonSpark @ Feb 8 2016, 02:10 PM)

I also said the same thing when I first step foot into Europe, in less than 2 weeks ayam cursing myself and suddenly Malaysia weather is like sunshine and rainbows

never been in winter. But heard alot like this even by the local people. only gooding at early, but curse2x afterwards. sweat.gif
malayantiger
post Feb 8 2016, 02:24 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(wobbles @ Feb 8 2016, 07:52 AM)
That's why you should leave Malaysia while you're young. Make your money many many elsewhere and then come back to retire in your guarded gated mansion.
What kind of life is that if you have to live in a "guarded gated mansion"? Always fearful, worried about being attacked, robbed and threatened, constantly watching your back? In your old age, you just want some peace of mind.
dupreehere
post Feb 8 2016, 02:33 PM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(malayantiger @ Feb 8 2016, 02:24 PM)
What kind of life is that if you have to live in a "guarded gated mansion"? Always fearful, worried about being attacked, robbed and threatened,  constantly watching your back? In your old age, you just want some peace of mind.
Yeah... i always wondered y would any sane ppl that is successful in overseas want that...
once u lived in a country where u are safe to wear a gold necklace and walk on the street ....
u dont want to stay in a country that cant provide this environment ...
SUSthe99percent1
post Feb 8 2016, 02:40 PM

Casual
381 posts

Kecian local pipu, I like ang moh come back msia to retire.
WooTz
post Feb 8 2016, 02:47 PM

1,011 posts

Gated mansion can only do so much against angry mobbing and arsonists.

Empty store shelves can be a big issue too.

Oh and massive currency issues too, trade would take place in the black market instead, i.e. Venezuela.
TSOM
post Feb 8 2016, 02:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,145 posts

QUOTE(JonSpark @ Feb 8 2016, 01:50 PM)
This one Aussie, US and NZ pun mcm ada if not mistaken

What i meant was terus buy house there and they give u residency visa or green card
sorry, that website is not so good at explaining. This website is better: http://www.goldenresidencepermit.com/

summary:
- you get residence visa straight away with €500k in acquired real estate;
- then you must hold that real estate for at least 5 years. You cannot buy today, get a residence visa and sell tomorrow;
- you'll be given 1 year visa first (must stay 7 days per year), then renew for 2 years (must stay 14 days per year) and so on;
- co-ownership is now allowed.

There are cheaper alternatives like Malta and Cyprus but I prefer Portugal. rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
Good weather, good wine and far from the rest of the Europe. Cyprus is quite close to the middle east.
lanjiounoodle
post Feb 8 2016, 02:54 PM

9 posts

The grass is not always greener on the other side guys..migrate and work ur ass off first,make and save money as much you can then retire in malaysia
aboveall
post Feb 8 2016, 02:55 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(kopitiamtard @ Feb 8 2016, 02:05 AM)
Been thinking sometime....

What is the reason we are still in Malaysia? Our family? Our parents? friends?

Would like to know any country that a middle class Malaysian can go to settle and feel like upper class...
Same like middle class Whites come to Malaysia and live comfortably?

I am thinking Thailand... is there any other country? Indonesia? hmm.gif
you should go brunei
TSOM
post Feb 8 2016, 02:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,145 posts

yes, go to other countries and work and then bring back $$$ £££ ¥¥¥ €€€ to spend in Malaysia!

Retire in Malaysia and help to develop our economy!! rclxm9.gifrclxm9.gifrclxm9.gif
SUSAxeFire
post Feb 8 2016, 04:20 PM

Casual
368 posts

QUOTE(dupreehere @ Feb 8 2016, 02:33 PM)
Yeah... i always wondered y would any sane ppl that is successful in overseas want that...
once u lived in a country where u are safe to wear a gold necklace and walk on the street ....
u dont want  to stay in a country that cant provide this environment ...
Canada best

Everyone leave their car unlocked
jamilselamat
post Feb 8 2016, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(JonSpark @ Feb 8 2016, 02:10 PM)

Due to my skin condition, I wholly prefer cold climate to hot. It's a pain in the ass for me to have to soak in sweat sooner than normal people because my skin cannot be exposed to sunlight for too long, which forces me to wear all enclosing clothes.

Sometimes I want to slap some people who ask borderline insensitive questions like, "Why are you still wearing long sleeve shirts in this bright hot weather? Ain't it hot?". I'm like, "No fucking shit, Sherlock. Look at my skin!!"
JonSpark
post Feb 8 2016, 05:07 PM

ai shiteru
4,825 posts

QUOTE(jamilselamat @ Feb 8 2016, 04:47 PM)
Due to my skin condition, I wholly prefer cold climate to hot. It's a pain in the ass for me to have to soak in sweat sooner than normal people because my skin cannot be exposed to sunlight for too long, which forces me to wear all enclosing clothes.

Sometimes I want to slap some people who ask borderline insensitive questions like, "Why are you still wearing long sleeve shirts in this bright hot weather? Ain't it hot?". I'm like, "No fucking shit, Sherlock. Look at my skin!!"
I dont have skin condition, but easily sweat in hot weather compared to average pipul

Under the sun for 5mins i terus sweat like Akiho Yoshizawa

But EU winter whole different lvl, got 1 time house cleaning (probably) threw my one and only brief i left in the room, spend the rest of trip without seluar dalam in cold climate (yolo)
manypplwan
post Feb 8 2016, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(Noyoudontcare @ Feb 8 2016, 03:06 AM)
I lived in the U.K. before..hated it..the weather is so depressing..and the houses flats..damn,so uninspiring..if we have rempits or ahbeng,there got scallies or chavs...
And shops close at 5 pm,and sunday even.more boring...
Unless.u live in london or bimingham,nothing much u can do other than got wasted in pub or clubs...
Did i mention the weather? 4.months of depressing.winter...
The weather is reason enough not to plan living there
Anyone who lived in UK will surely complain about the weather. It's a typical thing UK people do other than drinking tea laugh.gif
JonSpark
post Feb 8 2016, 05:18 PM

ai shiteru
4,825 posts

QUOTE(TSOM @ Feb 8 2016, 02:54 PM)
summary:
- you get residence visa straight away with €500k in acquired real estate;
- then you must hold that real estate for at least 5 years. You cannot buy today, get a residence visa and sell tomorrow;
- you'll be given 1 year visa first (must stay 7 days per year), then renew for 2 years (must stay 14 days per year) and so on;

This is good.

The property serve as a backup back to stay, have no intention to sell short term or flip. Can use that 14 days for vacation as well.

Downside is earn USD spend Euro, kenot live like a bawse liao.

How much to renew the visa?
gundamsp01
post Feb 8 2016, 05:20 PM

gunpla procrastinator
864 posts

due to ability to be frank.
I cant wait to leave this f-up place.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled