Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> AV Receivers/ Speakers/ Subwoofers, Discussion & Opinion

views

sonerin
post Oct 23 2020, 05:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,434 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Oct 23 2020, 05:06 PM)
Thanks everyone for your input and valuable advice. Learn a lot from you sifus there
When in doubts is best to refer to the manual. I know is a pain to read it but most of your answer are in there.
chriscym
post Oct 23 2020, 05:32 PM

Enthusiast
750 posts

QUOTE(sonerin @ Oct 23 2020, 05:17 PM)
When in doubts is best to refer to the manual. I know is a pain to read it but most of your answer are in there.
Unfortunately that the manual didn't explain that we should not change the impedance setting to lower, it just state that it can be set to lower for speaker that support it. Very general.
sonerin
post Oct 23 2020, 06:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,434 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Oct 23 2020, 05:32 PM)
Unfortunately that the manual didn't explain that we should not change the impedance setting to lower, it just state that it can be set to lower for speaker that support it. Very general.
If you do change it , nothing is wrong as well. Is just the power handling is switched. What you need to know is the specs of your speaker in handling it so it don’t blow up your speaker or burn the amp. The function is build in there for a reason. Using it or not is up to individual preference
kevinlim001
post Oct 23 2020, 07:30 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,381 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Oct 23 2020, 05:05 PM)
Denon AVC-x3700 , from the manual , there is a hidden setting that you can set by the following steps

1. Press and hold the main unit’s ZONE2 SOURCE and STATUS at the same time for at least 3 seconds.
“V.Format:< PAL>” appears on the display.
2. Press DIMMER on the main unit three times.
“Sp.Imp.:<8ohms>” appears on the display.
3. Press SOUND MODE or PURE DIRECT on the main unit to select the
impedance.
Can change to 8, 6, 4 Ohms
4. Press the main unit’s STATUS to complete the setting.
u got ur 3700 d bro? congras!
chriscym
post Oct 23 2020, 09:36 PM

Enthusiast
750 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Oct 23 2020, 07:30 PM)
u got ur 3700 d bro? congras!
Thanks bro, there was a good promotion during the launch and some freebies that I found hard to resist, price difference is just 1k compared to 3600, so I decided to get 3700 instead. Not to mention excellent service from the dealer name start with C__, they promise to deliver before CMCO start and they do keep their promise , happy with the receiver so far:)

This post has been edited by chriscym: Oct 23 2020, 09:38 PM
kevinlim001
post Oct 23 2020, 10:02 PM

Ethical Hacker
5,381 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Oct 23 2020, 09:36 PM)
Thanks bro, there was a good promotion during the launch and some freebies that I found hard to resist, price difference is just 1k compared to 3600, so I decided to get 3700 instead. Not to mention excellent service from the dealer name start with C__, they promise to deliver before CMCO start and they do keep their promise , happy with the receiver  so far:)
start making your neighbor to hate you bro tongue.gif
chriscym
post Oct 23 2020, 11:52 PM

Enthusiast
750 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ Oct 23 2020, 10:02 PM)
start making your neighbor to hate you bro  tongue.gif
Fortunately it comes with Audyssey Low Frequency Containment band which I find it handy tongue.gif according to the manual its written. Anyhow i dont really listen to music too loud on max about 55 the volume, dont want to mess with my neighbours tongue.gif

Audyssey LFC™ solves the problem of low frequency sounds disturbing people in neighboring rooms or apartments. Audyssey LFC™ dynamically monitors the audio content and removes the low frequencies that pass through walls, floors and ceilings. It then applies psychoacoustic processing to restore the perception of low bass for listeners in the room. The result is great sound that no longer disturbs the neighbors

This post has been edited by chriscym: Oct 23 2020, 11:52 PM
voscar
post Yesterday, 01:16 AM

Enthusiast
962 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Oct 23 2020, 11:52 PM)
Fortunately it comes with Audyssey Low Frequency Containment band which I find it handy  tongue.gif  according to the manual its written. Anyhow i dont really listen to music too loud on max about 55 the volume, dont want to mess with my neighbours  tongue.gif

Audyssey LFC™ solves the problem of low frequency sounds disturbing people in neighboring rooms or apartments. Audyssey LFC™ dynamically monitors the audio content and removes the low frequencies that pass through walls, floors and ceilings. It then applies psychoacoustic processing to restore the perception of low bass for listeners in the room. The result is great sound that no longer disturbs the neighbors
Might as well off your subwoofer and use bookshelf speaker as front speaker which won't dive down frequency, lol
ktek
post Yesterday, 03:07 AM

wings wings
8,750 posts

dont use lfc mode ㅜㅜ
touristking
post Yesterday, 06:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,473 posts

QUOTE(chriscym @ Oct 23 2020, 04:52 PM)
Fortunately it comes with Audyssey Low Frequency Containment band which I find it handy  tongue.gif  according to the manual its written. Anyhow i dont really listen to music too loud on max about 55 the volume, dont want to mess with my neighbours  tongue.gif

Never heard it but it sort of sounded like Voodoos to me. So I could be wrong

Personally I only use my REL subwoofer for music and you can definitely feel the low frequency. If I can't feel it, then the subwoofer is not working or poorly integrated with the non-full range speaker.

This post has been edited by touristking: Yesterday, 06:31 AM
kevinlim001
post Yesterday, 07:39 AM

Ethical Hacker
5,381 posts

music is fine bro.. the movies is the killer.. and yeah normally i wont enable LFC as they limit the extreme low freq. Unless u have rattling issue and you cannot solve with other measurement (i.e. placement of the sub or isolation food/pad) then thats the last resort you want to go with
Skylinestar
post Yesterday, 10:30 AM

Mega Duck
8,857 posts

you should start venture into reference volume setting (volume/SPL unit in +/- dB) icon_idea.gif
ktek
post Yesterday, 01:16 PM

wings wings
8,750 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Oct 24 2020, 10:30 AM)
you should start venture into reference volume setting (volume/SPL unit in +/- dB)  icon_idea.gif
zero dB yes yes
voscar
post Yesterday, 02:21 PM

Enthusiast
962 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Oct 24 2020, 10:30 AM)
you should start venture into reference volume setting (volume/SPL unit in +/- dB)  icon_idea.gif
usually what is your casual listening db level? mine -23dB only coz house too small...
Skylinestar
post Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Mega Duck
8,857 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Oct 24 2020, 02:21 PM)
usually what is your casual listening db level? mine -23dB only coz house too small...
For movie, - 10dB.
No comment on music because most are mastered way too hot.
SSJBen
post Yesterday, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,908 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Oct 24 2020, 02:21 PM)
Volume on the receiver (or any amplifier) is not a linear scale. -23db in your room is different to -23db in my room for example. So you can't just directly ask people what volume they are at, because it's space dependent.

So if you want to know the average SPL, you need to get a SPL meter and measure at your listening spot how loud the summation of all the speakers are when you set the volume at certain value on the receiver. Theoretically all room calibration will try and match it where 0db = 85db average and 105db peaks. But auto room calibration isn't perfect and there can be errors in this, especially with the LFE and surround channels.
ktek
post Yesterday, 07:11 PM

wings wings
8,750 posts

need 2calibrate my ear as well ^^
i felt imbalance ady

85 Pages « < 83 84 85Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th October 2020 - 12:41 PM