Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [CLOSED] Joint account

views

TSPacmangoku
post Feb 12 2016, 08:54 PM

lë Fantôme
824 posts

QUOTE(alextan99 @ Feb 7 2016, 03:37 AM)
you can open a joint account with anyone you like. The bank will not question anything
QUOTE(bearbearwong @ Feb 7 2016, 07:52 AM)
I tink possible to open jointly..

I did open joint fd accounts with my ex.. gotta sign imdemnity forms... and power of withdrawal will be vested on both parties..

also createx a joint saving accounts for money debit ing .. so I tink 2 cards is possible.
QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Feb 7 2016, 10:41 AM)
Used to have a joint current MBB account with my ex. Yes you can.
QUOTE(vassilius @ Feb 7 2016, 10:51 AM)
When me and my wife still bf/gf that time, we opened a joint account with Maybank.

So its like this, when u go bank open, the officer will ask ur relationship. If unmarried, they advised us to double confirm and think carefully first to avoid any future complications. Once confirm, then they will just proceed.

Now during the process, u may opt to link the account to u and ur gf existing maybank personal account. So when u open ur m2u, both of u will see that joint account and both will be able to perform transactions using that joint account from their own personal m2u site.

Hope this clears. By the way, I think no additional charges if not mistaken.

PS: u may get an ATM card for that account but we did not. Our objectives that time is to save money for house and marriage, so do not want ATM to restrict either one of us withdrawing the money...
QUOTE(StationMonkey @ Feb 7 2016, 10:54 AM)
and yes you can get 2 debit cards.  you can also set the instruction i. e. either one to sign,  meaning either one of you can go branch withdraw or amend details without the other one present,  or both to sign,  meaning both of you need to be present at branch for withdrawal or details amendment
Thanks alot peep. Just opened one today. Hassle free.

cybpsych
post Feb 18 2016, 07:57 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,911 posts

QUOTE(vassilius @ Feb 7 2016, 10:51 AM)
When me and my wife still bf/gf that time, we opened a joint account with Maybank.

So its like this, when u go bank open, the officer will ask ur relationship. If unmarried, they advised us to double confirm and think carefully first to avoid any future complications. Once confirm, then they will just proceed.

Now during the process, u may opt to link the account to u and ur gf existing maybank personal account. So when u open ur m2u, both of u will see that joint account and both will be able to perform transactions using that joint account from their own personal m2u site.

Hope this clears. By the way, I think no additional charges if not mistaken.

PS: u may get an ATM card for that account but we did not. Our objectives that time is to save money for house and marriage, so do not want ATM to restrict either one of us withdrawing the money...
good info. thumbup.gif

hope this policy still applies across all MBB branches. worried some branches would be picky.

QUOTE(Pacmangoku @ Feb 12 2016, 08:54 PM)
Thanks alot peep. Just opened one today. Hassle free.
which bank you opened?

i'm thinking of doing at MBB as well and this joint account link to each other's own account as well; for easy access by both parties (as explained by vassilius above)
azbro
post Feb 18 2016, 08:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

Breakup is norm in life.....

But joint account even after married is rare...very rare

I've been in love with my girls, and broke up more than a dozen times, so dun think the person you so loving now will be your wife in the future.
A lot of things can change.

But if your relationship can last like forever....and good for both of you

But still...joint account is a nono

This post has been edited by azbro: Feb 18 2016, 08:08 AM
TSPacmangoku
post Feb 20 2016, 02:49 AM

lë Fantôme
824 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Feb 18 2016, 07:57 AM)
good info.  thumbup.gif

hope this policy still applies across all MBB branches. worried some branches would be picky.
which bank you opened?

i'm thinking of doing at MBB as well and this joint account link to each other's own account as well; for easy access by both parties (as explained by vassilius above)
I went Maybank but the branch I went to refuse to take in new customer from 3pm onwards, so I walked to CIMB next door.

QUOTE(azbro @ Feb 18 2016, 08:00 AM)
Breakup is norm in life.....

But joint account even after married is rare...very rare

I've been in love with my girls, and broke up more than a dozen times, so dun think the person you so loving now will be your wife in the future.
A lot of things can change.

But if your relationship can last like forever....and good for both of you

But still...joint account is a nono
Bro sounds tough. Hope you meet someone worthy of keeping soon.

2 Pages < 1 2
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0105sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:10 PM