Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Just got some mails from LDHN tax related

views

lonely143
post Feb 10 2016, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

Nowadays LHDN do extensive of audit because our government no monies due to economy.

Back to your story, there are few reason

1. LHDN manage to track your undeclared income.
2. LHDN will always refund us 1st then only come back later, this is the reason we have to keep the documents for 7 years.
3. Ask yourself, do you have undeclared income that pay directly to your bank account.

- If yes, just walk into their office and get understanding instead of email or calling because you can straight away meet the officer who handle your case.
- Bear in mind, most of the LHDN officer is lazy. They wont flip your document 1 by 1.

In case your document cant prove and I would advice just pay them as your amount is consider low. (I do suggest this because most of MALAYSIAN are not HONEST when come to tax submission) The more they dig out, the more you pay. Remember to get the "SELESAI" official letter from them.

This post has been edited by lonely143: Feb 10 2016, 02:31 PM
TSGameFr3ak
post Feb 10 2016, 03:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(lonely143 @ Feb 10 2016, 02:30 PM)
Nowadays LHDN do extensive of audit because our government no monies due to economy.

Back to your story, there are few reason

1. LHDN manage to track your undeclared income.
2. LHDN will always refund us 1st then only come back later, this is the reason we have to keep the documents for 7 years.
3. Ask yourself, do you have undeclared income that pay directly to your bank account.

- If yes, just walk into their office and get understanding instead of email or calling because you can straight away meet the officer who handle your case.
- Bear in mind, most of the LHDN officer is lazy. They wont flip your document 1 by 1.

In case your document cant prove and I would advice just pay them as your amount is consider low. (I do suggest this because most of MALAYSIAN are not HONEST when come to tax submission) The more they dig out, the more you pay. Remember to get the "SELESAI" official letter from them.
Hmm in this case, there is only one instance where there are cash transferred directly to my bank account. The current property that I live in is a combined name of me and my brother. So the mortgage is split between us. So there are months that he will transfer or hand me a few months worth of mortgage $. I'm not sure if this is the case, but this is the only case that I get excess $ in to my bank account.
musteng
post Feb 10 2016, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Feb 5 2016, 08:30 PM)
I got 2 mails from LDHN regarding my tax for 2012 and 2013. Turns out I need to pay additional tax of 685 and 1424 for 2012 and 2013 respectively. It's weird cause based on my tax filing, those years I got tax rebates and they paid me back a couple hundreds. How come now I need to pay back them.

I'm lost now I don't know who to call and ask. Is this the process that I need to bring receipts and paperworks of the rebates that I filed for 2012 and 2013?

Please advise sad.gif
Your scenario probably will happen if you got your back dated bonus. (It happened to me before)

Example/assumption:

- Year 2013 you declare your Assessment of Year 2012
- You get back your overpaid tax in 2012
- Assume 2012 bonus paid out on 2013 which will reflect in your year 2013 EA form.
- On year 2014 declaration on Assessment of Year 2013. If you put in the bonus "Tahun kebelakangan yang belum diistiharkan" (something like that)
eventually 2012 assessment need to be recalculated because you did not declare your back dated bonus on that year.

LHDN account is base on year of assessment. There is no net off of outstanding balance from your current PCB deduction.
Meaning, if you got outstanding on previous year, your current PCB deduction will not be used to net off what you owe them in previous year. You need to settle by year of assessment.

lonely143
post Feb 10 2016, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Feb 10 2016, 03:06 PM)
Hmm in this case, there is only one instance where there are cash transferred directly to my bank account. The current property that I live in is a combined name of me and my brother. So the mortgage is split between us. So there are months that he will transfer or hand me a few months worth of mortgage $. I'm not sure if this is the case, but this is the only case that I get excess $ in to my bank account.
Whatever it is, go clarify ASAP and see what they said.
Don't drag this matter, will become BAD to WORST
ShadowR1
post Feb 10 2016, 04:55 PM

Im still HeRe ...
1,705 posts

I got 2 mails from LDHN regarding my tax for 2012 and 2013. Turns out I need to pay additional tax of 685 and 1424 for 2012 and 2013 respectively. It's weird cause based on my tax filing, those years I got tax rebates and they paid me back a couple hundreds. How come now I need to pay back them.

I'm lost now I don't know who to call and ask. Is this the process that I need to bring receipts and paperworks of the rebates that I filed for 2012 and 2013?

Please advise sad.gif
Same thing happen to me last year. Receive a mail stating I have a 3k+ is additional tax to pay because of my addition income declaration.
Those 3k+ will be paid in installment from my pcb.

Thing is, that happen at the same time when I file for my tax, so end up my rebate of extra pcb deduction is minus the amount 3k+ and my employee deduct the 3k+ in 3 month of my pay rclxub.gif

I tell my employer that the 3k+ is deducted when I file my tax and show the receipt, enployer say need lhdl to write to them to cancel the deduction. I didnt do a thing, lets see what happen when I file for this year tax, if no extra 3k+ I'll have to pay lhdn a visit ... another pening thingy rclxub.gif
chaxiupao
post Feb 12 2016, 12:50 PM

Casual
453 posts

Please advise sad.gif
Government no money what to do
andrekua2
post Feb 12 2016, 07:17 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

It seem to affect those with lots of claimable expenses. I never once kena since I started to pay around 10 years ago.

My sister who work for 3 years already kena last year. The difference? I claim nothing else but epf and insurance. As for her, she told me to wrote max or slightly below maximum claimable amount for those tax relief. So far, I only claim for computer tax relief only, and left it empty for those books, sports equipment. Even when I need to buy some for my son usage, I still left it empty.
tvcat
post Feb 14 2016, 12:01 PM

Mr. Dumb Dumb
2,860 posts

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Feb 10 2016, 01:50 PM)
So let's say if those years I have some extra income, like referral incentive of around 10k. But this amount is paid through the same channel of my salary and the total amount was deducted with pcb as well.

I'm unsure the pcb calculation is enough. But I remember something over 2k or more of deduction..

Holy crap they're hard to reach.. Been trying to call them since 1pm
it is better to went down to their office and ask

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Feb 12 2016, 07:17 PM)
It seem to affect those with lots of claimable expenses. I never once kena since I started to pay around 10 years ago.

My sister who work for 3 years already kena last year. The difference? I claim nothing else but epf and insurance. As for her, she told me to wrote max or slightly below maximum claimable amount for those tax relief. So far, I only claim for computer tax relief only, and left it empty for those books, sports equipment. Even when I need to buy some for my son usage, I still left it empty.
its sad but true way of avoid situation like dis.
unless u keep all the documents for 7 year.
vince316
post Feb 14 2016, 09:44 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Feb 12 2016, 07:17 PM)

Yah similar to me..
I believe for epf and insurance very easy to get the documents that they need even if need to backtrack 7 years.
So they wont come after you so easily.
Unless maybe you have a huge sum that entered your account.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:42 PM