1,993 posts

wow nitalice!!
nice info
thanks
will take note on the boat racing
nitalice
post May 30 2007, 02:34 AM

11 posts

You may avoid crowded of water festival in Angkor Wat since there will be many local visitors from other province. However, you join the festival in PP since the crowede are is only around the royal palace but the security officer usually block any vehicle around that area. So that will be no traffic jam much. So you may enjoy water festival in PP and day after in Siem Reap since after the festval is finshed most local visitors Siem Reap will go back to their work.

Regarding the rainning, it's just that the sewage system in Siem Reap is not really good. So you may face with flooded road and you're better becarefull when your climming the rock at the temple.
V3i HoN6
post May 31 2007, 10:46 AM

ǝlıɥdouɥɔɐɹɐ
1,602 posts

Nice info. thanks

So aichiban, you change your mind on the date?
Im thinking 3 days before the holiday so we can have our own sweet time visiting the spots and enjoy the food there. the fourth and fifth day will be joining the locals celebrating their boat race fastival.

QUOTE(juichuan @ May 29 2007, 10:38 AM)
might consider it.  tongue.gif
It would be great if you can go with us.

This post has been edited by V3i HoN6: May 31 2007, 11:00 AM
nitalice
post May 31 2007, 11:35 PM

11 posts

Hope you enjoy your trip. Yes 3 days before holiday and 2 days for boat racing. I think you may consider 3day at angkor wat and last 2 days in PP so u can buy ticket from air asia with KL-Siemreap and PP-KL. From Siemreap to P, you can use Bus (cost about 4-6usd for 4-5hour trip depend on company I suggest mekong express,6usd, coz better service, safety and got toilet on the bus) or you may use speed boat (about25usd) which take about 6-7 hours and you may enjoy the great lake of Tonle Sap( very big during raining season like sea, which you cannot sea the bank). Anyway up to your decision smile.gif.

Added on June 1, 2007, 12:27 amThis is blog of guy from england who has visited cambodia so many time since he got many cambodian friend : http://andybrouwer.blogspot.com/ he also have some usufull advice and interesting places

This post has been edited by nitalice: Jun 1 2007, 12:27 AM
aichiban
post Jun 1 2007, 12:44 AM

pot yia thee keh tai lang!!
1,993 posts

QUOTE(V3i HoN6 @ May 31 2007, 10:46 AM)
Nice info. thanks

So aichiban, you change your mind on the date?
Im thinking 3 days before the holiday so we can have our own sweet time visiting the spots and enjoy the food there. the fourth and fifth day will be joining the locals celebrating their boat race fastival.
It would be great if you can go with us.
means November?
when you wanna confirm? must wait for air asia promotion too tongue.gif
checked for that period - expensive cry.gif
my frens just came back from there n the hotel + things there are dirt cheap.
november as said, might jack up real high
V3i HoN6
post Jun 1 2007, 07:07 PM

ǝlıɥdouɥɔɐɹɐ
1,602 posts

QUOTE(aichiban @ Jun 1 2007, 12:44 AM)
means November?
when you wanna confirm? must wait for air asia promotion too  tongue.gif
checked for that period - expensive  cry.gif
my frens just came back from there n the hotel + things there are dirt cheap.
november as said, might jack up real high
I never confirm until last minutes one.
But Im really tempted to go there and have a look for the first time.
Meet some local there and see if i can meet some TeoChew ka ki nang there. I heard they have plenty of TeoChew chinese in Cambodia and Vietname.

When is their promotion period? my last check to Sieam Reap wasnt cheap.
nitalice
post Jun 2 2007, 03:04 AM

11 posts

Dont worry about the price of accomodation. It will be a bit higher than normal day during the publich holiday but the it will not be double. It just like from 50rm can jump to 70rm or 100rm can be 120rm which is usually 20% to 50% depend on the product or service, usually if the original price is low i.e. 40rm then it can jump up to 50% of 60rm. However, if the original price is 200rm then the it may only jump to 230rm (of course no standard rate for price hike:) ).

I dont know what is "TeoChew ka ki nang" but am sure that if you want chinese or vietnames food then there would be plenty of it and the price I think comparable to KL unless you plan to go big restaurant (usually good food rarely found in restaurant but at place a long the street in cambodia:) )

The price of ticket would be quite high if there is no discount which can be around 300- 400rm for one way and if it is discount then you may able to find about 200-300rm for one way.

For the guess house with air-con, I think the price would be around 40rm for 2 beds and 60rm for 3 beds. However, there is no strict rule for how many guests can be fit in one room ( that is the reason why the price is hike during public holiday coz some family with 4 to 5 member they sometime rent only one room so the hotel have to charge extra like for water)

thanks
aichiban
post Jun 3 2007, 03:35 PM

1,993 posts

QUOTE(V3i HoN6 @ Jun 1 2007, 07:07 PM)
I never confirm until last minutes one.
But Im really tempted to go there and have a look for the first time.
Meet some local there and see if i can meet some TeoChew ka ki nang there. I heard they have plenty of TeoChew chinese in Cambodia and Vietname.

When is their promotion period? my last check to Sieam Reap wasnt cheap.
never confirm until last minute is my style too
but its not when comes to air asia to outside malaysia wa
cheap tix need book early one.

for november, i think tarak

maybe next time sweat.gif
nitalice
post Jun 7 2007, 02:03 PM

11 posts

Just to inform that the discount rate for Air asia to SiemReap or Phnom Penh is still available until 10 Jun 2007 for travel period: 1 Oct 2007 - 29 Mar 2008.

Thanks

This post has been edited by nitalice: Jun 7 2007, 02:04 PM
??!!
post Jun 8 2007, 12:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

How bad is the rain in June?...will it mean i face risk of being stranded in a flood or get drenched while out in the ruins of Angkor?

Does it pour cats and dogs and for how many hours does the rain last?

am thinking of going last minute trip next 2 wks
nitalice
post Jun 8 2007, 03:43 AM

11 posts

I think in June might be better as usually heavy raining happens mostly at the beginning and ending of the season (Raining Season: May - October). However, it might not a heavy raining everyday (it hard to guess now since the world climate seem to changed already:( ).
Since you have decided for the trip, I think trip during raining season will be a good choice if you don't mind flooded road (but I think in KL sometime the road also flooded when heavy rain came) because everything look green unlike hot season and as you know Angkor area are surrounded by big trees which are old as some temples.

i think you dont have to worry to much about rain(it might disturb sometime like you migh not be able to see sun set at Bak Kheng Mountain if there are too many clouds) or you fell wet.

Just my thought. I hope anyone who used to travel during rain season can give some ideas.

Thanks

??!!
post Jun 8 2007, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

QUOTE(nitalice @ Jun 8 2007, 03:43 AM)

Since you have decided for the trip, I think trip during raining season will be a good choice if you don't mind flooded road (but I think in KL sometime the road also flooded when heavy rain came) because everything look green unlike hot season and as you know Angkor area are surrounded by big trees which are old as some temples.

Thanks lots for info.

Actually, I havent booked anything..just thought of going somewhere this June.
If the rain is really gonna spoil it all, i do Angkor another time.

if it floods, does it mean that i will be stranded ...i am thinking is it like out yr end monsoon kind of flood at east coast where one can get stranded/marooned for quite a while!
V3i HoN6
post Jun 8 2007, 11:20 AM

ǝlıɥdouɥɔɐɹɐ
1,602 posts

I just check the airasia flight schedule, their promotion is just a gimmick.
They claim that cheap tickets from 1 Oct 2007 to 29 Mar 2008 but actually it is only 1 or 2 days each month but they claim the whole period.
juichuan
post Jun 8 2007, 12:23 PM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

QUOTE(??!! @ Jun 8 2007, 11:14 AM)
Thanks lots for info.

Actually, I havent booked anything..just thought of going somewhere this June.
If the rain is really gonna spoil it all, i do Angkor another time.

if it floods, does it mean that i will be stranded ...i am thinking is it like out yr end monsoon kind of flood at east coast where one can get stranded/marooned for quite a while!
i went in may and it was flooded on the 2nd day because of a heavy downpour during the 1st night. but it's ok. it doesnt get until the level of being disastrous and stranded. i still get on with my activities

QUOTE(V3i HoN6 @ Jun 8 2007, 11:20 AM)
They claim that cheap tickets from 1 Oct 2007 to 29 Mar 2008 but actually it is only 1 or 2 days each month but they claim the whole period.
air asia state that it is from 1 oct to 29 mar which means any time/day in between is taken into account. unless you understand how it works, free seats/low fare seats are sold based on first book first gets. once cheap seats are sold out, you can only opt for a higher fare or you choose another date. icon_rolleyes.gif
nitalice
post Jun 8 2007, 12:31 PM

11 posts

V3i HoN6, this is how air asia give promotion sad.gif . But You may try to choose departure date on the discounted day.

For the flood, ??!!, I think you confuse already ( my mistake). What I mean by flooding is that the road is flood when there is a heavy rain like 2 to 3 hours (which is rare even in Malaysia, mostly 1-2hours) and it flood only if there is a heavy rain since the water cannot flow to the sewage on-time but it will gone in 2 or 3 hours. However the flooded road only happend around the town area not the temple area. In the temple area never flooded. So i think it wont be disturb you by flooded but it just you may feel wet and I just to mention that the temple area also far from the town (around 1 or 2 km)

This post has been edited by nitalice: Jun 8 2007, 12:33 PM
aichiban
post Jun 8 2007, 12:46 PM

1,993 posts

QUOTE(V3i HoN6 @ Jun 8 2007, 11:20 AM)
no need to say its gimmick smile.gif
as juichuan said, u just need to understand how it works.

if you want something good, you need to do your part, including a mere research which is not hard
juichuan
post Jun 8 2007, 03:41 PM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

Here are some pictures which i took.

West Mebon @ Western Baray
user posted image

Fried Cricket, anyone? unsure.gif
user posted image

Traditional Khmer Wedding, role play at the Cambodia Cultural Village
user posted image
??!!
post Jun 8 2007, 06:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

juichuan n nitalice,

thx 4 the heads-up

air fare from spore with Jetstar..in Seam reap, out PP...RM 500

For those of you who have used the services of This Mr. Kunn of Jasmine Guesthouse ...
their package include driver cum guide-
does the guide bring us into the temples and explain/point out spots with explanation or just drop us off at entrance and wait for us?

Friends who used tuk-tuk driver cum guide dont go into the temple with them

This post has been edited by ??!!: Jun 8 2007, 06:38 PM
nitalice
post Jun 8 2007, 08:14 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(juichuan @ Jun 8 2007, 02:41 PM)
Here are some pictures which i took.

West Mebon @ Western Baray
user posted image

Fried Cricket, anyone? unsure.gif
user posted image

Traditional Khmer Wedding, role play at the Cambodia Cultural Village
user posted image
Good picture juichuan, have you tried to eat that (fried cricket smile.gif ) it taste good, I usually eat that but the bigger one is better (smaller one sometime smell).

??!!, I didnt know that you will fly from Singapore. I would a bit more expensive than air asia but not much i think only about 150 or 200 diffrent (i suppose that 500rm for Jetstar is 2 ways). However, I also used to buy the high price of on way asia from PP to KL as well which cost me up to 400rm sad.gif

Hop you enjoy your trip and really good picture, juichuan.
juichuan
post Jun 9 2007, 10:20 AM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

QUOTE(nitalice @ Jun 8 2007, 08:14 PM)
Good picture juichuan, have you tried to eat that (fried cricket smile.gif ) it taste good, I usually eat that but the bigger one is better (smaller one sometime smell).

??!!, I didnt know that you will fly from Singapore. I would a bit more expensive than air asia but not much i think only about 150 or 200 diffrent (i suppose that 500rm for Jetstar is 2 ways). However, I also used to buy the high price of on way asia from PP to KL as well which cost me up to 400rm sad.gif

Hop you enjoy your trip and really good picture,  juichuan.
yeah.. i only managed to eat the legs of the cricket rclxub.gif it tasted weird though tongue.gif

139 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0284sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:22 PM