post Oct 8 2015, 03:12 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(nxtpg @ Oct 8 2015, 03:00 PM)
wow
not so good for us travelling later this month sad.gif

but daytime no rain rite?
QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 8 2015, 03:01 PM)
as long morning and afternoon didn't rain thn its all good
not sure that i'm lucky or their weather only rain in the evening/night.
sometimes it drizzled a lil bit for a while. no sunrise for me. sad.gif

there's this little cafe along the Samdech Tep Vong Street serve good and not so expensive food.
and my hotel receptionist got the phare circus ticket for 15 usd each for free seating.
MR_alien
post Oct 8 2015, 03:13 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(blankDOTcom @ Oct 8 2015, 03:12 PM)
not sure that i'm lucky or their weather only rain in the evening/night.
sometimes it drizzled a lil bit for a while. no sunrise for me.  sad.gif 

there's this little cafe along the Samdech Tep Vong Street serve good and not so expensive food.
and my hotel receptionist got the phare circus ticket for 15 usd each for free seating.
which hotel did u stayed in
pity u didn't get to watch sunrise...sunset?
blankDOTcom
post Oct 8 2015, 03:27 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 8 2015, 03:13 PM)
which hotel did u stayed in
pity u didn't get to watch sunrise...sunset?
ilodge for 4 nights, hima boutique for 1 night and sonyn retreat for 1 night.
didnt get to watch sunset too. my tuk tuk dont include sunset but for the weather i wont get to watch sun set too.

first day try to cycle to landmine museum. gave up half way. too hot and tired.
second day went for sunrise at 430am. and visited 13 temples until 4pm. tired as hell.
third day only 5/6 by lunch we already back to hotel.
fourth day went to bantreay srei, samre, landmine museum and the rolous group temples. reach hotel around 2+.
fifth day went to beng melea and watch phare circus.
sixth day shopping, chill and relax.
last day last minute shopping.
MR_alien
post Oct 8 2015, 03:45 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(blankDOTcom @ Oct 8 2015, 03:27 PM)
ilodge for 4 nights, hima boutique for 1 night and sonyn retreat for 1 night.
didnt get to watch sunset too. my tuk tuk dont include sunset but for the weather i wont get to watch sun set too.

first day try to cycle to landmine museum. gave up half way. too hot and tired.
second day went for sunrise at 430am. and visited 13 temples until 4pm. tired as hell.
third day only 5/6 by lunch we already back to hotel.
fourth day went to bantreay srei, samre, landmine museum and the rolous group temples. reach hotel around 2+.
fifth day went to beng melea and watch phare circus.
sixth day shopping, chill and relax.
last day last minute shopping.
why didn't include?
u plan or or tuk tuk driver plan?....you're the one who should be planning
not to mention phnom bakheng sunset is under small circuit as well
blankDOTcom
post Oct 8 2015, 04:20 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 8 2015, 03:45 PM)
why didn't include?
u plan or or tuk tuk driver plan?....you're the one who should be planning
not to mention phnom bakheng sunset is under small circuit as well
i told him i got 3 days. so i let him plan for me.
i went to phnom bakheng but it was around afternoon. and then we went back for the day.
so no sunset. we will have to wait for around few hours for the sunset as thats the last temple of the day.

nxtpg
post Oct 8 2015, 04:57 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(blankDOTcom @ Oct 8 2015, 04:20 PM)
i told him i got 3 days. so i let him plan for me.
i went to phnom bakheng but it was around afternoon. and then we went back for the day.
so no sunset. we will have to wait for around few hours for the sunset as thats the last temple of the day.
yur tut-tut u got while there? or some recommended ones?

for the temples further away also by tut tut?
MR_alien
post Oct 8 2015, 07:57 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

i dnt know why but most hotel are totally booked from 13th-15th oct
boutique cambo, mekong central all full
sonyn retreat many since they didnt drop price laugh.gif
nxtpg
post Oct 8 2015, 08:48 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 8 2015, 07:57 PM)
i dnt know why but most hotel are totally booked from 13th-15th oct
boutique cambo, mekong central all full
sonyn retreat many since they didnt drop price laugh.gif
peak period?

the rooms at bliss villa is now priced almost x2 ...

hope the honour my low price tongue.gif
MR_alien
post Oct 8 2015, 09:06 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(nxtpg @ Oct 8 2015, 08:48 PM)
peak period?

the rooms at bliss villa is now priced almost x2 ...

hope the honour my low price tongue.gif
what?..u didn't pay yet?
no receipt or booking slip?
my observation 8th oct till 12oct...all room available
13-15th...all sold out laugh.gif
nxtpg
post Oct 8 2015, 11:15 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 8 2015, 09:06 PM)
what?..u didn't pay yet?
no receipt or booking slip?
my observation 8th oct till 12oct...all room available
13-15th...all sold out laugh.gif
there is a booking confirmation by booking.com
it does not allow me to pay advance. stated there pay on arrival

MR_alien
post Oct 8 2015, 11:39 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(nxtpg @ Oct 8 2015, 11:15 PM)
there is a booking confirmation by booking.com
it does not allow me to pay advance. stated there pay on arrival
thn it should be fine
agoda have option to pay later or pay now
sapora
post Oct 17 2015, 06:30 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

Went to angkor wat last thursday. Booked kasim the tuk tuk driver.he is awesome!! Charged only usd 13 for one whole day from sunrise to night.. And the day before he already took us from bus st to hotel and halal restaurant for free!! So instead of only 13usd we paid him 20usd as we felt he deserved it. Anyone who want to go to angkor wat should book with him. Nice guy
asrul
post Oct 17 2015, 04:03 PM

Regular
1,217 posts

QUOTE(sapora @ Oct 17 2015, 06:30 AM)
Went to angkor wat last thursday. Booked kasim the tuk tuk driver.he is awesome!! Charged only usd 13 for one whole day from sunrise to night.. And the day before he already took us from bus st to hotel and halal restaurant for free!! So instead of only 13usd we paid him 20usd as we felt he deserved it. Anyone who want to go to angkor wat should book with him. Nice guy
glad that most of us here took kassim thumbup.gif

IINM he used to work in Malaysia at cement factory for 5 years.
and he respect Tun M very much laugh.gif

how many of you?
sapora
post Oct 17 2015, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(asrul @ Oct 17 2015, 04:03 PM)
glad that most of us here took kassim  thumbup.gif

IINM he used to work in Malaysia at cement factory for 5 years.
and he respect Tun M very much  laugh.gif

how many of you?
4 of us riding his tuk tuk, hehee.. he even gave us contact numbr of his freind in phnom penh named rashid. rashid also a nice guy but maybe because of living in a capital city, the charged is diff, we need to pay 25 usd for whole day from morning to only 5pm (in phnom penh whole day only until 5pm not like in siem reap). but we managed to get rashid to send us to airport with the price included in the that 25usd. hehee.

asrul
post Oct 17 2015, 05:35 PM

Regular
1,217 posts

QUOTE(sapora @ Oct 17 2015, 05:18 PM)
4 of us riding his tuk tuk, hehee.. he even gave us contact numbr of his freind in phnom penh named rashid. rashid also a nice guy but maybe because of living in a capital city, the charged is diff, we need to pay 25 usd for whole day from morning to only 5pm (in phnom penh whole day only until 5pm not like in siem reap). but we managed to get rashid to send us to airport with the price  included in the that 25usd. hehee.
Ya i do aware about the cost of tuktuk in phnom penh. By the way, notice that most of the hotel/hostel at phnom penh do provide way cheaper price. IINM it is around 5usd if book through hostel / hotel.

Luckily my phnom penh friend cover my transportation and entrance fees there 😝
MR_alien
post Oct 18 2015, 11:27 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

just came back from siem reap yesterday...transit 1 day in KL before reaching home
booked kasim..USD13(from what he told, 5AM till 10PM)...hotel charge 15+6USD if wanna see sunrise
i paid him USD 15...i used him until around 8PM only because its raining
the temple day went well...no rain up until phnom bakheng, we chose a bad day to go to siem reap and temple day..it was a national public holiday and there are tons of ppl
all the temples went well except phnom bakheng...the queue is so long with some cambodian cutting queue....and half way down the queue...dark skies and thunder
meters away....started raining heavily...no more sunset view upstair anyway....gave up
reach the foot...bumped into 2 malaysian(i think recommended by asrul also)...sitted into the same tuk tuk since heading to the same place(pub street)
BTW kasim didn't drive us since the customer changed his mind from riding bicycle and wanted to ride tuk tuk.....so he asked his friend AND a free breakfast(cambodian chicken rice)...lets just say a different cambodian experience laugh.gif
bought some dried banana crisp, dried ginger, some local pork flavour instant noodle, a silk scarf, 2 cigarillos
lots of cigarillos, cigarettes and cigar there not seen else where...especially cigarettes like camel, hedges, china brand ones....can't tell if its cheap or not though
but USD0.50 beer is everywhere
food outside of city center is cheaper...ranging 1.5-2dollar but we did try the 14" pizza from belmiros...not a single guy who ordered it can finish it
booked boutique cambo hotel...not anywhere near city center but the distance is walkable(if u know the route, its easy)...excellent service with free one way tuk tuk ride to town
didn't go to the phare circus though
sapora
post Oct 18 2015, 12:58 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 18 2015, 11:27 AM)
just came back from siem reap yesterday...transit 1 day in KL before reaching home
booked kasim..USD13(from what he told, 5AM till 10PM)...hotel charge 15+6USD if wanna see sunrise
the temple day went well...no rain up until phnom bakheng, we chose a bad day to go to siem reap and temple day..it was a national public holiday and there are tons of ppl
all the temples went well except phnom bakheng...the queue is so long with some cambodian cutting queue....and half way down the queue...dark skies and thunder
meters away....started raining heavily...no more sunset view upstair anyway....gave up
reach the foot...bumped into 2 malaysian(i think recommended by asrul also)...sitted into the same tuk tuk since heading to the same place(pub street)
BTW kasim didn't drive us since the customer changed his mind from riding bicycle and wanted to ride tuk tuk.....so he asked his friend AND a free breakfast(cambodian chicken rice)...lets just say a different cambodian experience laugh.gif
bought some dried banana crisp, dried ginger, some local pork flavour instant noodle, a silk scarf, 2 cigarillos
lots of cigarillos, cigarettes and cigar there not seen else where...especially cigarettes like camel, hedges, china brand ones....can't tell if its cheap or not though
food outside of city center is cheaper...ranging 1.5-2dollar but we did try the 14" pizza from belmiros...not a single guy who ordered it can finish it
booked boutique cambo hotel...not anywhere near city center but the distance is walkable(if u know the route, its easy)...excellent service with free one way tuk tuk ride to town
haha i think my friend bumped into you at phnom bkheng!.hahaha
now im wondering which one is kasim? my tuktuk said his name is kasim and yours also kasim?? hahaha nevertheless they are very nice tuktuk driver
nxtpg
post Oct 18 2015, 05:53 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 18 2015, 11:27 AM)
wah u have done yur duty rclxms.gif ....
next time can organised a group travel together

i guess i will book kasim too
whatsup him in english ok?

since i will be there full 5 days, is it best to book all 5 days with him?

for beng melea ok to go with tuttut? or how to arrange a car?

and where does kasim take u for lunch during those travelling times? can request back to pun street?

and when do we pay him?> on the final day?

planning something like this

day 1 - big circuit
day2 - small circuit
day3 - roulous group
day4- tonle sap
day 5- beng melea

This post has been edited by nxtpg: Oct 18 2015, 06:39 PM
MR_alien
post Oct 18 2015, 06:40 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(sapora @ Oct 18 2015, 12:58 PM)
haha i think my friend bumped into you at phnom bkheng!.hahaha
now im wondering which one is kasim? my tuktuk said his name is kasim and yours also kasim?? hahaha nevertheless they are very nice tuktuk driver
nope...the one u guys took is kasim..with beard
mine isn't...he assigned his friend to carry us around
MR_alien
post Oct 18 2015, 06:44 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(nxtpg @ Oct 18 2015, 05:53 PM)
wah u have done yur duty  rclxms.gif ....
next time can organised a group travel together
i guess i will book kasim too
whatsup him in english ok?

since i will be there full 5 days, is it best to book all 5 days with him?

for beng melea  ok to go with tuttut? or how to arrange a car?

and where does kasim take u for lunch during those travelling times?  can request back to pun street?

and when do we pay him?> on the final day?

planning something like this
day 1 - big circuit
day2 - small circuit
day3 - roulous group
day4- tonle sap
day 5- beng melea
for beng melea...better ask him yourself better
need to book him 5 days or not...depending on where are u going
he didn't take me to lunch....he bought me breakfast after angkor wat visit..since he didn't take me personally
i finish 95% of the temple by 2PM except phnom bakheng
i paid him at the end of the day after we reached hotel...i only booked him for 1 day

139 Pages « < 125 126 127 128 129 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0370sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:16 AM