139 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Angkor Wat, Siem Riep & Phnom Pehn, Cambodia experiences & attractions

views

sissonne
post Jun 28 2007, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

i just got back from siemreap few weeks ago ! its nice ! and u all can see the pictures in my other blog (not the sissonne one but there is a link there).

pls book your tuktuk driver before u reach there. we got ours which is superbly excellent after many reviews in tripadvisor.

Definitely we did not regret choosing Kim Soryar as our driver in Siem Reap. He is humble, attentive, always smiling, caring and knowledgeable.
Couple of things that we really appreciate him as our tuktuk driver:

1. He prepared a cooler box in his tuktuk with cold mineral waters and towers so that you will never run out of cold water.

2. He will explain with depth of every single temple before we get off from his tuktuk. Telling us the history, story behind it, best view, best walk way, what to look out for, etc etc.

3. Always smiling and making sure that you are fine.

4. Gave us a souvenir with a scarf that has his contact details printed on it.

5. Brought us to his cousin's restaurant that serves excellent Khmer food.

We love it compared to the ones that we have tried by ourselves there.
He is also very hardworking, during his free waiting time for us, he would read books regarding to Angkor. I'm sure one day he will definitely excel in this tourism sector.

i think u all can email him at kimsoryar@yahoo.com

??!!
post Jun 28 2007, 04:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

Thx fpr the info!
nitalice
post Jun 29 2007, 05:26 PM

11 posts

sissonne, thank for your great contribution. It is very useful since you have a real experience as traveling abroad with a good transportation will help you a lot esp for those who are not experience with local location.

I think everyone may try Mr kim soryar as sissonne has recommended
katopunk
post Jul 1 2007, 08:10 PM

United Pot Smugglers
2,342 posts

adriankhoo153
post Jul 1 2007, 09:45 PM

So many star for what?
4,808 posts

Another 20 days more to angkor wat

juichuan
post Jul 1 2007, 11:04 PM

LA-Little Angel
Group Icon
VIP
1,634 posts

QUOTE(moodyday @ Jun 25 2007, 06:03 PM)
hello nitalice/ to everyone who have been to cambodia b4,

could u all mind to list down in details places of interest for siam reap and pp? i am interested to go backpack. if can, recommend the guesthouse also. (6D5N) or (7d6n) depends.
should i bring usd there or bring their local currency?

because as i read from the threat u all mentioned everything in usd.

thanks
bring USD. you buy things there in USD and they will change back in their currency.

QUOTE(katopunk @ Jul 1 2007, 08:10 PM)
nitalice,

thank you so much for the detailed PP map. =) i read from somewhere, there is law on foreigner cannot ride motorbike there. is it true? actually, i prefer to ride on motorbike go explore myself. anyway, how much is the motorbike with driver rental per day?
About USD 10 per day?
nitalice
post Jul 2 2007, 12:11 AM

11 posts

juichuan, thank for sharing the price as am not sure about that.

katopunk, I think you can rent motobike like Honda 100cc (like modenas kriss) or super bike(may cost more but it will be easy for you to travel to remote area exp with a group) because there is no require of driving license for moto driver yet (only car) and if u did sth wrong against trafic law and traffice pollice officer want to fine just give them 3-5usd(no receipt and just like a bargain in the market sad.gif this is the traffic law in cambodia since the corruption law still in progress)

sowdog
post Jul 2 2007, 01:14 AM

Enthusiast
958 posts

Hi folks biggrin.gif

Had a trip this year through pp and siemreap, it was good fun.

To the guy staying at 107 street at capitol hotel, it's a little far out from where the action is and you'd probably want to stay closer to the river. It's walkable though...

To those visitng pp, the emotional highlight of my trip was s21 and cheung ek. A real eye opener and something I'd recommend to any one but be prepared sad.gif

For those who are interested in the more dubious persuasions there's a hostess bar in pp called sharky's.

When in siem reap i paid 5 usd for a room with 2 beds(no aircon) at a place called popular guesthouse.

The map of siem reap is small but do not even attempt to walk. Really, don't.

If you're looking to club in siem reap(i know it sounds odd) ask for zoneone, no foreigners smile.gif.

Don't believe what people say about cambodia being dangerous, the people are generally good/friendly and will help you if possible.
adriankhoo153
post Jul 12 2007, 09:57 AM

So many star for what?
4,808 posts

Aghhh, dang! Angkor Wat is out. No more seven wonders. Anyway, i will be going there on 29th. It's coming!!!!!!!!!!
aLaStIaR
post Jul 12 2007, 01:21 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

hmm.. i'm planning to go Siem Riap coming Nov. I still have not book anything.. moreover the air ticks is kind of expensive.. and places to stay.. etc etc etc.. headache d..
adriankhoo153
post Jul 12 2007, 04:15 PM

So many star for what?
4,808 posts

QUOTE(aLaStIaR @ Jul 12 2007, 01:21 PM)
hmm.. i'm planning to go Siem Riap coming Nov. I still have not book anything.. moreover the air ticks is kind of expensive.. and places to stay.. etc etc etc.. headache d..
hehe, i got to booked air asia only for Rm310 nia..

This post has been edited by adriankhoo153: Jul 13 2007, 02:31 PM
adriankhoo153
post Jul 13 2007, 02:32 PM

So many star for what?
4,808 posts

Do u think one day is enuff for Angkor Wat visit? I wil be there for 4D3N. What do u think? Or i need 2 days at Angkor Wat? What can i do beside visiting Angkor Wat? I bought a show just for angkor wat as my previous shoe was adidas street wear. I dun think it's durable enuff.
nitalice
post Jul 14 2007, 01:00 AM

11 posts

adriankhoo153, even sandal can help u to visit angkorwat smile.gif just kidding as it maybe not comfortable. However one day maybe too short 2 days is better as u dont feel tired beside ankorwat u may visit cultural village(it depends on your behaviour as some dont like art sad.gif ) however i still think that 2night at anogkorwat is better as everything seem on plan not too hurry, any suggestions from this forum member whom ever visit angkorwat would be appreciated smile.gif).

Regarding the air ticket, expensive or not will be depended on on your budget and your assumption as u usually get cheaper ticket from air asia during promotion and discounted period.

For 10usd per day should be enought for meal (2 to 3 times per day which are depended on your meal preferences)

I hope forum memebers would share some bad and good experience about trip to angkorwat

thanks

adriankhoo153
post Jul 16 2007, 12:01 AM

So many star for what?
4,808 posts

I am now reading Ancient Angkor by Michael Freeman and Claude Jacques. Really impressive of angkor history! Only half way thru the book. Make me understand angkor wat b4 my adventure on 29th. Nice book!
adriankhoo153
post Jul 23 2007, 09:37 AM

So many star for what?
4,808 posts

What is angkor time zone? Is it Angkor Wat slower than us an hour as in Bangkok?
nitalice
post Jul 23 2007, 05:51 PM

11 posts

Yes time zone of cambodia(angkor wat or phnom penh) is one hour slower than malysia like thailand. You will see the sun set earlier in cambodia than malaysia which the sky usually become dark after 6am or 630am but the morning the sun will rise earlier than malaysia too as the sky rise usually around 6 (mean the sky already bright)

have a nice trip

This post has been edited by nitalice: Jul 23 2007, 05:53 PM
yywoei
post Jul 24 2007, 12:23 PM

34 posts

huh.. many good info here...biggrin.gif I will be going to Siem Riep for 5days 4nights there . Going off on 2Aug and back on 6Aug. Just wanna ask is it raining heavily tat time? Is tat ok for us to wear sandals ( those got strip behind ) to climb up the angkor wat ? Very dangerous if climbing up to angkor wat during raining season?

Thx for everything smile.gif
nitalice
post Jul 24 2007, 02:48 PM

11 posts

yywoei, wish u a nice trip.

For raining, am not sure but recently quite alot of rain in Phnom Penh just because of Typhon affected from other neighbour countries (not usre if Philipine or ?) how ever i think it wont affect your trip much if you dont mind wet since rainning alos help you sometime as it will not much heat and all tree will lokk green which is also good for photographing.

Regarding sandal, you can wear whatever you want and if you afraid of slippering while climbing to the top (which quite stiff) tehn you can use stair instead.

Hope this will help. thank

ReadyCompanies
post Jul 24 2007, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

for more info on Siem Reap - try checking out this website

http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-siemreap-guide.htm
adriankhoo153
post Jul 24 2007, 05:24 PM

So many star for what?
4,808 posts

What food is a must try in Siam Reap? I will be staying at Bou Savy Guesthouse. 7km from Siam Reap Airpott and 5km from Angkor Wat..

http://www.bousavyguesthouse.com/

139 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:25 AM