Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health Shoulder Pain, Please recommend massage place

views

TSryansxs
post Feb 5 2016, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,281 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 4 2016, 09:49 PM)
Yep pretty clear. How about the part on boiling with water plus oil, how do you really know that the curcumin has dissolved into the oil?
Unless he has backaches, shoulder aches, etc. that are possibly related to misalignment in the joints/spine, then it would be a waste of money. Seems like he mentioned muscle soreness after a serious workout session, and the best for this is to eat healthy, rest, sleep, and a little bit of massage.
Qualified chiroo per session usually range from rm130-200
Yea, my issue is not due to misalignment as i know (for now).
I had over stressed my muscle actually.
Im getting better since yesterday...soreness reduced. Gave much needed rest for muscle.

Some of your ideas are great, ill opt to try if pain is the same.
Joeyskullz
post Feb 5 2016, 09:43 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 4 2016, 12:10 PM)
Take turmeric and ginger. Shallow fried it over low heat with freshly crush black pepper. Take 3x a day. You should feel better.
Sapu or makan?
Ramjade
post Feb 5 2016, 09:50 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(Joeyskullz @ Feb 5 2016, 09:43 AM)
Sapu or makan?
Makan la. Muscle pain caused by gym is cause by inflammation. When the inflammation is taken care, the pain will disappear.
ripplezone
post Feb 5 2016, 10:01 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 5 2016, 08:29 AM)
I don't. But I am guessing something inside that tea works. I had running nose. Took that tea, no medication my running nose stop for 2 whole hours. After that, it came back. I am guessing if I use oil alone, it might last longer.
Nono, what I meant was, how about lightly heating the turmeric with oil first, then dump it all back into the soup concoction? Would that work better?
Ramjade
post Feb 5 2016, 10:12 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 5 2016, 10:01 AM)
Nono, what I meant was, how about lightly heating the turmeric with oil first, then dump it all back into the soup concoction? Would that work better?
It could. You could always try. But I didn't do that cause You will need lots of oil for that. About 2 tbsp (for it cover all of the turmeric).

Now you mentioned it, I am going to try that way with 1 tbsp and see.

But as I said, need to be >5 minutes. Use the same way as how people fry cannabis for the oil. Duration of frying should be the same.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Feb 5 2016, 10:13 AM
ripplezone
post Feb 5 2016, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 5 2016, 10:12 AM)
It could. You could always try. But I didn't do that cause You will need lots of oil for that. About 2 tbsp (for it cover all of the turmeric). 

Now you mentioned it, I am going to try that way with 1 tbsp and see.

But as I said, need to be >5 minutes. Use the same way as how people fry cannabis for the oil. Duration of frying should be the same.
How much turmeric do you use per serving of tea/soup?

I think 1 tsp or slightly less ought to be enough based on circumin content. And 3 times per day. Not more just in case there are unknown kidney issues.
Ramjade
post Feb 5 2016, 10:24 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 5 2016, 10:15 AM)
How much turmeric do you use per serving of tea/soup?

I think 1 tsp or slightly less ought to be enough based on circumin content. And 3 times per day. Not more just in case there are unknown kidney issues.
I use tsp powder (DIY). if fresh, one whole root. Curcumin have been shown to protect the kidney.

Btw, you are eating food. You are not taking a drug. Curcumin content in turmeric is very low. sad.gif High levels intake of curcumin have not shown toxicity in studies. (600x normal amount)

That's the beauty of food based nutrients.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Feb 5 2016, 10:25 AM
ripplezone
post Feb 5 2016, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 5 2016, 10:24 AM)
I use tsp powder (DIY). if fresh, one whole root. Curcumin have been shown to protect the kidney.

Btw, you are eating food. You are not taking a drug. Curcumin content in turmeric is very low. sad.gif High levels intake of curcumin have not shown toxicity in studies. (600x normal amount)

That's the beauty of food based nutrients.
Not about the circumin content, it's about the turmeric. While generally considered safe, much is still unknown.

I wouldn't go all out and eat a whole lot of it just because we think food is safe.

Just maybe in small amounts, probably slightly higher than what was found to be beneficial in studies.

That's probably 1tsp per day? And up to 2 tsp/day for short term therapeutic doses? Just a guess, have not worked it out.

For the areas that are still unknown, you can see the links below, especially Chris's comments on Stephan's coverage in the third link, where turmeric may be beneficial to us due to a hormetic effect (benefits from exposure to a toxic agent at low-doses). With all these unknown factors, I'd stick to smaller amounts.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400915/Curc...r-Turmeric.html
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-should...in-or-turmeric/
http://chriskresser.com/adrenal-fatigue-gl...toid-arthritis/
Ramjade
post Feb 5 2016, 11:01 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 5 2016, 10:41 AM)
Not about the circumin content, it's about the turmeric. While generally considered safe, much is still unknown.

I wouldn't go all out and eat a whole lot of it just because we think food is safe.

Just maybe in small amounts, probably slightly higher than what was found to be beneficial in studies.

That's probably 1tsp per day? And up to 2 tsp/day for short term therapeutic doses? Just a guess, have not worked it out.

For the areas that are still unknown, you can see the links below, especially Chris's comments on Stephan's coverage in the third link, where turmeric may be beneficial to us due to a hormetic effect (benefits from exposure to a toxic agent at low-doses). With all these unknown factors, I'd stick to smaller amounts.
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400915/Curc...r-Turmeric.html
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-should...in-or-turmeric/
http://chriskresser.com/adrenal-fatigue-gl...toid-arthritis/
I take 2-3 tsp. Curcumin is cleared out of the body at a fast rate. sad.gif It have been used for centuries by Indians and Chinese. If it's toxic, it wouldn't be use as an everyday spice by the Indians.

My food guide is based on what ancients civilization and what healthy citizens today eats. Aztec (spirulina), Indians (turmeric, cinnamon, chili powder), Chinese (goji, Chinese herbs), Japanese (medical mushroom, green tea, chlorella) and Mediterranean (garlic, olive oil)

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Feb 5 2016, 11:40 AM
ripplezone
post Feb 5 2016, 04:34 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 5 2016, 11:01 AM)
I take 2-3 tsp. Curcumin is cleared out of the body at a fast rate. sad.gif It have been used for centuries by Indians and Chinese. If it's toxic, it wouldn't be use as an everyday spice by the Indians.

My food guide is based on what ancients civilization and what healthy citizens today eats. Aztec (spirulina), Indians (turmeric, cinnamon, chili powder), Chinese (goji, Chinese herbs), Japanese (medical mushroom, green tea, chlorella) and Mediterranean (garlic, olive oil)
I understand where you're coming from. I just add on the parameter of precaution.

So far with things like soy, fruits, broccoli, spinach, etc. (touted as super-foods) it has thus far showed consistency in the importance of moderation for safety purposes, and adherence to the principle of having a variety of foods. I wouldn't go on to say that any particular one can be eaten in excess.

Also I wouldn't know if I am predisposed to certain cancers or have underlying organ issues (like precaution of turmeric for people with susceptibility to gallbladder or kidney issues), unless you go for individualized gene testing and frequent health examinations, which are costly and not recommended anyway.

This post has been edited by ripplezone: Feb 5 2016, 04:57 PM
yaulei
post Feb 27 2016, 01:16 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(ryansxs @ Feb 4 2016, 08:42 AM)
Hey guys...
could you guys recommend any affordable massage place (no hanky panky).
my shoulder is killing me after my workout.
probably in pj, subang, shah alam or KL area.

thanx
Hi.. a doctor from penang is coming to puchong on this 12th March to offer foc consjlt/treatment for body pains. SMS/Whatsapp 0123067986

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:57 PM