Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health Shoulder Pain, Please recommend massage place

views

TSryansxs
post Feb 4 2016, 08:42 AM, updated 9y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,281 posts

Hey guys...
could you guys recommend any affordable massage place (no hanky panky).
my shoulder is killing me after my workout.
probably in pj, subang, shah alam or KL area.

thanx
Ramjade
post Feb 4 2016, 11:10 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ryansxs @ Feb 4 2016, 08:42 AM)
Hey guys...

thanx
Take turmeric and ginger. Shallow fried it over low heat with freshly crush black pepper. Take 3x a day. You should feel better.
ripplezone
post Feb 4 2016, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 4 2016, 11:10 AM)
Take turmeric and ginger. Shallow fried it over low heat with freshly crush black pepper. Take 3x a day. You should feel better.
I understand that heat + oil will allow it to form a uniformed paste. How about not heating and just consume all the ingredients together?
ungka
post Feb 4 2016, 11:42 AM

Casual
494 posts

i know a place in johor near kulai.
sorry its out of kl/sel area
Ramjade
post Feb 4 2016, 11:51 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 4 2016, 11:41 AM)
I understand that heat + oil will allow it to form a uniformed paste. How about not heating and just consume all the ingredients together?
If you don't heat it up, the ingredients are not extracted. So is kind of inactive (no effect). Ingredients inside the turmeric is oil soluble.

Another one you can look into is consider supplementing with astaxanthin. It helps recovery.
ripplezone
post Feb 4 2016, 11:54 AM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 4 2016, 11:51 AM)
If you don't heat it up, the ingredients are not extracted. So is kind of inactive (no effect). Ingredients inside the turmeric is oil soluble.

Another one you can look into is consider supplementing with astaxanthin. It helps recovery.
So the main reason is to do a heated oil extraction for the turmeric, for the curcumin to be captured in the oil and absorbed in the gut?

The pepper and ginger don't need to, and can be added on later right?

Just wanna know more about the technical basis.

This post has been edited by ripplezone: Feb 4 2016, 11:55 AM
Ramjade
post Feb 4 2016, 12:07 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 4 2016, 11:54 AM)
So the main reason is to do a heated oil extraction for the turmeric, for the curcumin to be captured in the oil and absorbed in the gut?

The pepper and ginger don't need to, and can be added on later right?

Just wanna know more about the technical basis.
For the turmeric, that's right. Ginger and turmeric more or less work synergically. The black pepper is to help boost absorption as curcumin is not well absorbed.

Oil and black pepper to help increase absorption. Virgin coconut oil would be a better option. Much more heat stable. 1-2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil ought to be enough. Use 1 whole turmeric root. Ginger root, use the same amount. Black pepper corns (crushed it) 1 tsp.
ripplezone
post Feb 4 2016, 12:29 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 4 2016, 12:07 PM)
For the turmeric, that's right. Ginger and turmeric more or less work synergically. The black pepper is to help boost absorption as curcumin is not well absorbed.

Oil and black pepper to help increase absorption. Virgin coconut oil would be a better option. Much more heat stable. 1-2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil ought to be enough.  Use 1 whole turmeric root. Ginger root, use the same amount. Black pepper corns (crushed it) 1 tsp.
Virgin coconut oil would have higher sfa which should be better to extract the circumin from turmeric. But I am guessing the sfa content in olive oil would be adequate too, and given the ongoing controversies on sfa and it's potential effect on chd, I'd stick to the well documented olive oil for now.

For heat stability, don't think high heat and long duration is needed, so it's not much of a concern. How much heat and duration do you recommend? Perhaps just double boil method for 1 minute with existing boiling water would be enough? 1Tbsp of oil to 1tsp of turmeric?

Turmeric, ginger, and black pepper, can all three be used in ready powder form instead? Much easier than having to cut and crush fresh ones.

Ramjade
post Feb 4 2016, 12:57 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 4 2016, 12:29 PM)
Virgin coconut oil would have higher sfa which should be better to extract the circumin from turmeric. But I am guessing the sfa content in olive oil would be adequate too, and given the ongoing controversies on sfa and it's potential effect on chd, I'd stick to the well documented olive oil for now.

For heat stability, don't think high heat and long duration is needed, so it's not much of a concern. How much heat and duration do you recommend? Perhaps just double boil method for 1 minute with existing boiling water would be enough? 1Tbsp of oil to 1tsp of turmeric?

Turmeric, ginger, and black pepper, can all three be used in ready powder form instead? Much easier than having to cut and crush fresh ones.
Virgin coconut oil is one of the healthiest oil. Trans fat is what you want to watch out. Olive oil cannot be heated. If you heat up olive oil, it gets oxidised and turns bad.

Boiling with water won't cut it. Turmeric is fat soluble. There are water soluble stuff as well. But most of the main ingredients are fat soluble (curcumin and friends).That's why I boil it with oil. If I have time, I will sure make scramble eggs and add those ino it.

Good luck using powders in malaysia. Those powder are mixed with rice powder and not potent (you won't get the smell of ginger). If you want potent powder only 2 ways :
1) DIY
2) Buy one with good reviews (I use amazon as my place to look at reviews). Starwest botanical and frontier naturals are good brand.

Fresh will always beat powder anytime. Just minced it. It wont take you long.
ripplezone
post Feb 4 2016, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 4 2016, 12:57 PM)
Virgin coconut oil is one of the healthiest oil. Trans fat is what you want to watch out. Olive oil cannot be heated. If you heat up olive oil, it gets oxidised and turns bad.

Boiling with water won't cut it. Turmeric is fat soluble. There are water soluble stuff as well. But most of the main ingredients are fat soluble (curcumin and friends).That's why I boil it with oil. If I have time, I will sure make scramble eggs and add those ino it.

Good luck using powders in malaysia. Those powder are mixed with rice powder and not potent (you won't get the smell of ginger). If you want potent powder only 2 ways :
1) DIY
2) Buy one with good reviews (I use amazon as my place to look at reviews). Starwest botanical and frontier naturals are good brand.

Fresh will always beat powder anytime. Just minced it. It wont take you long.
VCO is and sounds healthy, but we have more conclusive research and documentation of olive oil's health effects and in relation to SFA and CHD, so I would probably stick with that for now. Personal choice I guess.

I'm talking about those branded organic spice powders that you can get either from the organic store or supermarkets. Not the powder from the wet market. biggrin.gif Would this be okay then?

For olive oil cooking, I believe light heat for short duration would be quite fine. I'm not a fan of added oils to begin with, would rather eat whole foods as they are packed with nutrients, but still buy a pack for the purpose of salads and also in certain cases like this turmeric preparation.

Of course olive oil is best consumed unheated. But for it's stability for the above lightly heated usage, I believe it fares quite well. This article should clarify http://authoritynutrition.com/is-olive-oil-good-for-cooking/

Also, what I meant was the double-boil method for indirect heat, but customized. What do you think of the following? I hope it further reduces the possibility of any oxidation on the olive oil:

1. Boil water using a bigger pot. Then place some oil into a small metal pot/cup, and place pot inside boiling water.
2. When the oil is heated for about 30 secs or so, then pour in the turmeric. Stir for another 1 minute 30 secs.
3. Turn off the fire and remove the inner pot from the boiling water, and add in the pepper and ginger powder.
Ramjade
post Feb 4 2016, 01:38 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 4 2016, 01:13 PM)
VCO is and sounds healthy, but we have more conclusive research and documentation of olive oil's health effects and in relation to SFA and CHD, so I would probably stick with that for now. Personal choice I guess.

I'm talking about those branded organic spice powders that you can get either from the organic store or supermarkets. Not the powder from the wet market.  biggrin.gif  Would this be okay then?

For olive oil cooking, I believe light heat for short duration would be quite fine. I'm not a fan of added oils to begin with, would rather eat whole foods as they are packed with nutrients, but still buy a pack for the purpose of salads and also in certain cases like this turmeric preparation.

Of course olive oil is best consumed unheated. But for it's stability for the above lightly heated usage, I believe it fares quite well. This article should clarify http://authoritynutrition.com/is-olive-oil-good-for-cooking/

Also, what I meant was the double-boil method for indirect heat, but customized. What do you think of the following? I hope it further reduces the possibility of any oxidation on the olive oil:

1. Boil water using a bigger pot. Then place some oil into a small metal pot/cup, and place pot inside boiling water.
2. When the oil is heated for about 30 secs or so, then pour in the turmeric. Stir for another 1 minute 30 secs.
3. Turn off the fire and remove the inner pot from the boiling water, and add in the pepper and ginger powder.
I myself take both. Extra Virgin olive oil (not heated). For heating purpose, I use coconut oil for heating purpose

Good point regarding that double boil. However any heat with O2 will oxidised unstable oils. That's why a good fish oil manufacturer uses heat but in a vacuum to extract the oil (fish oil is unstable at high temperatures with O2)

From what I read, Best to bring the water to boil. Add turmeric Then simmer it for 10 minutes.

My way is I the above. Add turmeric. Add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil.

Yato
post Feb 4 2016, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(ryansxs @ Feb 4 2016, 08:42 AM)
Hey guys...

thanx
The are many chinese accu pressure salons at the lower part of bukit bintang, before federal hotel. Just walk towards federal hotel from pavalion and you will see them. Decent massages, not expensive.
ripplezone
post Feb 4 2016, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 4 2016, 01:38 PM)
I myself take both. Extra Virgin olive oil (not heated). For heating purpose, I use coconut oil for heating purpose

Good point regarding that double boil. However any heat with O2 will oxidised unstable oils. That's why a good fish oil manufacturer uses heat but in a vacuum to extract the oil (fish oil is unstable at high temperatures with O2)

From what I read, Best to bring the water to boil. Add turmeric Then simmer it for 10 minutes.

What I think is that, if longer duration + higher heat has been found to be relatively alright as per the article I quoted, then we shouldn't need to sweat about the ones we're making, since (1) it's an insignificant quantity and (2) the heat and duration applied is much lesser.

Can you clarify again what is your way? You very lightly pan fry the turmeric with coconut oil? Or you boil water, add turmeric and simmer for 10 mins and add coconut oil?

TSryansxs
post Feb 4 2016, 05:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,281 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 4 2016, 01:38 PM)

Thank you bro...
ill try it soon.
for now i met doctor...he gave me patches...its just external reduction for pain.
your suggestion is noted.
Ramjade
post Feb 4 2016, 05:42 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 4 2016, 02:30 PM)
What I think is that, if longer duration + higher heat has been found to be relatively alright as per the article I quoted, then we shouldn't need to sweat about the ones we're making, since (1) it's an insignificant quantity and (2) the heat and duration applied is much lesser.

Can you clarify again what is your way? You very lightly pan fry the turmeric with coconut oil? Or you boil water, add turmeric and simmer for 10 mins and add coconut oil?
When I have time I make that scrambled eggs. Fry it all with coconut oil. Ingredients same as my tea (see below) For rest of the days, after class I make turmeric+ginger+cinnamon powder +chili Powder+Cumin+Oregano+rosemary +crushed black pepper + coconut oil tea/soup

One thing is certain. I will take turmeric + ginger + coconut oil+ chili powder + cinnamon powder + crushed black pepper every morning with half boil eggs. The egg yolk + coconut oil gives the fat.

After class, my turmeric tea/soup.l

The scrambled eggs are faster but I need to watch over them. For the tea/soup, I can just let the water boil while doing my work and let it simmer while I continue my work.

Hope this is clear.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Feb 4 2016, 05:46 PM
boonseng
post Feb 4 2016, 06:58 PM

On my way
658 posts

why not give IMU's clinic at sri petaling a try , got Chinese Medicine physicians /chiropractor there

This post has been edited by boonseng: Feb 4 2016, 06:59 PM
TSryansxs
post Feb 4 2016, 07:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,281 posts

QUOTE(boonseng @ Feb 4 2016, 06:58 PM)
why not give IMU's clinic at sri petaling a try , got Chinese Medicine physicians /chiropractor there
hows the pricing bro?
Beach_Boy
post Feb 4 2016, 08:29 PM

:D
8,453 posts

you may give the YWTL exercise a try, get a resistance band (Rm10/20) to help with the exercise, no harm trying IMO
ripplezone
post Feb 4 2016, 09:49 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 4 2016, 05:42 PM)
When I have time I make that scrambled eggs. Fry it all with coconut oil. Ingredients same as my tea (see below) For rest of the days, after class I make turmeric+ginger+cinnamon powder +chili Powder+Cumin+Oregano+rosemary +crushed black pepper + coconut oil tea/soup

One thing is certain. I will take turmeric + ginger + coconut oil+  chili powder + cinnamon powder + crushed black pepper every morning with half boil eggs. The egg yolk + coconut oil gives the fat.

After class, my turmeric tea/soup.l

The scrambled eggs are faster but I need to watch over them. For the tea/soup, I can just let the water boil while doing my work and let it simmer while I continue my work.

Hope this is clear.
Yep pretty clear. How about the part on boiling with water plus oil, how do you really know that the curcumin has dissolved into the oil?

QUOTE(boonseng @ Feb 4 2016, 06:58 PM)
Unless he has backaches, shoulder aches, etc. that are possibly related to misalignment in the joints/spine, then it would be a waste of money. Seems like he mentioned muscle soreness after a serious workout session, and the best for this is to eat healthy, rest, sleep, and a little bit of massage.

QUOTE(ryansxs @ Feb 4 2016, 07:09 PM)
hows the pricing bro?
Qualified chiroo per session usually range from rm130-200
Ramjade
post Feb 5 2016, 08:29 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(ripplezone @ Feb 4 2016, 09:49 PM)
Yep pretty clear. How about the part on boiling with water plus oil, how do you really know that the curcumin has dissolved into the oil?
Unless he has backaches, shoulder aches, etc. that are possibly related to misalignment in the joints/spine, then it would be a waste of money. Seems like he mentioned muscle soreness after a serious workout session, and the best for this is to eat healthy, rest, sleep, and a little bit of massage.
Qualified chiroo per session usually range from rm130-200
I don't. But I am guessing something inside that tea works. I had running nose. Took that tea, no medication my running nose stop for 2 whole hours. After that, it came back. I am guessing if I use oil alone, it might last longer.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:03 PM