Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Thread for Husband and Father, Lets share/discuss/info

views

powerbarr
post Aug 1 2018, 07:18 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(vince01 @ Jul 31 2018, 01:23 PM)
Currently my son are 4month plus, we have a kakak to look after my son just my mum will be at my place to monitor. Kakak still new, so me and wife think is better for my mum to monitor the kakak.

Issue arise when my mum at our place my wife start picking the way/method handling my son. So now I caught in the middle and have no idea how to handle the cold situation between my wife and my mum. And now my wife start to hate my mum.
Any advice?. Thanks
u ask ur mom to monitor? so basically asking a favor. u and ur wife. then if ur wife having issue with mum, no need ask help to monitor. so mum can go about and enjoy her time no need to monitor ur son
powerbarr
post Aug 1 2018, 07:18 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(vince01 @ Jul 31 2018, 01:23 PM)
Currently my son are 4month plus, we have a kakak to look after my son just my mum will be at my place to monitor. Kakak still new, so me and wife think is better for my mum to monitor the kakak.

Issue arise when my mum at our place my wife start picking the way/method handling my son. So now I caught in the middle and have no idea how to handle the cold situation between my wife and my mum. And now my wife start to hate my mum.
Any advice?. Thanks
u ask ur mom to monitor? so basically asking a favor. u and ur wife. then if ur wife having issue with mum, no need ask help to monitor. so mum can go about and enjoy her time no need to monitor ur son
powerbarr
post Dec 9 2018, 11:10 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Richkierich @ Dec 9 2018, 10:00 PM)
Bro, do u know of any ways if baby dun wanna drink from bottle?  I ask this because baby wanna drink from breast only and suddenly refusing the bottle.
try tommy tippeee. coz the shape like boobs
powerbarr
post Dec 12 2018, 10:14 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(hydroboy87 @ Dec 12 2018, 06:43 PM)
Wife is due in June. She is 14 weeks in, and this will be our first born. Kinda excited and nervous at the same time. Been reading through the thread and found some useful info.

Thanks guys.

Oh yeah, was wondering the estimated cost per month with regards to milk, pampers etc once the baby is born.

And how about the stroller and other kinds of stuff that I need to get for my child? Is there like a specific model or brand that I should check out?
milk - priority is breastfeeding. if wife unable to produce milk, then go for formula. budget depend on u. can go for the expensive one or go for cheap one. u can google for the differences. i use pediasure for my no 1 and 2 use Nan. my budget would be rm200-250.

pampers - newborn would use a lot. coz don’t want baby to have rashes so in often change. i budget about 100.

milk bottles - i use tommy tippy. coz the shape like breast.

bottle cleaner liquid and brushes don’t forget.

breast pump - up to u. my wife use madela.

stroller - i use maclaren and quiny. i got my mclaren for 7++. quiny for 1k++. u have to consider baby can’t sit upright. so i bought the type can lean down and upright. so can last from baby to 5 year old. try to buy during sale time or private online seller who buy direct from overseas to get a good deal.

baby carrier - bought but rarely use. coz malaysia weather hot. just optional.

car seat - again baby would need the lie down one. when already strong to sit upright then only buy. i use sweet cherry for upright. the lie down i forgot.

brand is something subjective. just try buy to meet the purpose. no need to go expensive ones. usually the wife wants the branded one coz the perception branded = good quality.

don’t worry. just go with the flow and u’ll be alright.

powerbarr
post Dec 13 2018, 05:58 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(hydroboy87 @ Dec 13 2018, 03:14 PM)
Yveatel , powerbarr & andrekua2

Wow, guys, thank you so much. Even my female friends and colleagues did not give me these tips and advice.

Appreciate it.
With regards to the stroller, I am not planning to get an expensive one. And based on your input, I think it is not an important item to get.
if u kuat jalan jalan then it’s important. cannot tahan dukung baby around for 1 hours. well maybe u can get if after 4 months. haha
powerbarr
post Dec 14 2018, 08:46 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Dec 14 2018, 08:10 AM)
Stroller is not that important in the first 2-3 months. Besides it's much easier to just go and buy whatever you need by yourself. There's no need to pack milk, diapers, extra clothing etc. Besides there's no guarantee your baby will love it.

Most female won't give you these tips because money came from men's pocket. They didn't feel the pain. They want the best possible just like the marriage ceremony. It's up to us to think and buy what is really useful in real life situation.

Btw, buy a forehead thermometer. It's very useful even in the beginning because your baby will receive vaccine and some babies don't take it too well. My elder son will give us headache whenever his vaccine appointment is up because his fever would last quite long. My 2nd son don't have such problem though but a thermometer is a good investment that can last few years.
agree! thermometer! the most important thing which u rarely use but critical to have. i use the insert ear type.

powerbarr
post Jan 22 2019, 04:41 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(mamata @ Jan 22 2019, 04:21 PM)
guest asking in bahasa would get me no response and btw how to ensure wife get more energy if my son keep asking for bf milk ?

She on her first trimester for our 2nd child,
already try to introduce dutch baby to my son yet he just gag it back
any formula milk suitable for 1 year 8 month old baby?
do i need to buy and test all formula milk?
honey. or maybe red bull. lol. jokes.

my wife always try to drink water as much as she can and jaga time makan. other than dat i don’t know.

for formula milk. currently my children are on Nan and Pediasure. children all not same bro. have to try different stuff until u find the right one for the child. which relate to wastage if die xabeskan. haha
powerbarr
post Mar 23 2019, 09:43 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(PirateKing @ Mar 22 2019, 06:35 PM)
Hi, since registration for new members is full I'm borrowing my friends forum acc.

This may bit over-boundaries question but i guess i can start here. Click on spoiler tag.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

i don’t know how to go and check fertility. but i dare say some people just take longer time. my 2nd child took about 2 years. just be patient and keep on trying. don’t give up. i knew a couple who took 10 years to have a child.
powerbarr
post May 30 2019, 05:33 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(vince01 @ May 30 2019, 04:10 PM)
Hi all,

My 14 month old son start to refuse to sit on his car seat. Can share any tips on how to make him to sit his car seat?. We got a road trip coming up this weekend.
Thanks.
i ignore those cries. safety first. even though it is stressful to hear their scream and cries. untill they gotten used to it.
powerbarr
post Jun 4 2019, 12:56 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(navilink @ Jun 4 2019, 12:27 PM)
i got the same problem haha.. my daughter is a screamer and probably can scream for the whole journey

i tried to put the car seat in the room for her to familiarize, but she really don't even want to try to sit on it  cry.gif
seems like your method is the most feasible, not other choice already.. cries > saman haha
well the phone definitely can divert a bit longer than toys.. but not so good viewing phone when in car.. motion sickness for some
remember. don’t ever put in front because once yo do, they become syiokk and will always want to sit in froun
powerbarr
post Jun 9 2019, 12:23 AM

49 posts

got into accident with another car (alza) which hentam my car from behind. traffic was crawling only but the car hit from behind quite hard. no screeching from braking heard. guess she wasn’t paying attention. teenager still with P license. luckily both my children was wearing seat belts and were in their car seat. unlucky for my car and lucky for my kids and wife and me self for wearing seat belts.

stay safe peeps!

This post has been edited by powerbarr: Jun 9 2019, 12:24 AM
powerbarr
post Oct 26 2019, 07:58 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Hardcore Leveling Warrior @ Oct 25 2019, 08:14 PM)
I'm now a father of 4! Latest is a baby boy after 3 girls.

I feel so happy.
congratulations bro

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1048sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:53 PM