Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Thread for Husband and Father, Lets share/discuss/info

views

clazziquaii
post Nov 2 2021, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

Hey guys I'm new here. I'm a father of two lovely boys (4yo,7mo).

I just got a job in sg and I plan to relocate my family to jb due to mother in law who stays in jb will help to take care of the kids.

My questions is what is the impact towards the kids(mentally) if I can only go visit them during weekend? What can I do and How can I do better? In terms of parenting.

This post has been edited by clazziquaii: Nov 2 2021, 10:31 AM
clazziquaii
post Nov 14 2021, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(Yveatel @ Nov 2 2021, 01:08 PM)
My daughter who is 5 years old this year cannot cope with me being away (I worked outstation and return home forthnightly for two days). The teacher put a remark in the report card stating Need more attention from parents. My wife busy working and taking care of 5 months old son. She always feel lonely. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law stay at my home. But the impact of my daughter is quite huge since I started this job, plus mco, the time spent with my daughter really limited, causing she seeks attention whenever I am home, be it throwing tanthrum, do not want to take dinner or etc.

Seeing the impact to my daughter, I tender my resignation to move back to my home. Currently serving notice. And yes, I resign without any job on hand, I still got enough saving. For me, I think it is not worth it to sacrifice my family for higher salary elsewhere.
From a father to another father i truly understand the decision that you've made is not easy, tbh its hard to be a perfect father and i believe you did all you can to become the perfect father that you've imagined. I wish you all the best on your job seeking endeavor and i really hope the next job you get is the perfect job for you and your family especially to your daughter.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0346sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:26 PM