Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Thread for Husband and Father, Lets share/discuss/info

views

audreyreiko
post Feb 4 2016, 01:44 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Feb 4 2016, 11:57 AM)
i have a son with high level autism. It's ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome. Let me know if any father have questions.

There is another thread on autism but not one seems to be interested to contribute. In fact according the austism educators a lot of parents are still denial about their kids having autism. A lot of autism are mild and the child will look normal but they have temper issue and speech issue which the parent do not want to seek help. They keep denying their kids having problem and afraid that their child get labelled as "crazy" or "nuts".

Plus a lot of old folks (the grandparents) who knows nothing about autism simple says things. They just get info from other grandparents and say the child is ok, no problem..the issue will "go away" when the child grow up. By the time they grow up as teen, it will be too late to seek help.

Autism never go away. It can be intervened. The child will be taught how to handle his/her issue but there is NO CURE for it.
Hi Abubin, what are the symptoms parents should look out for? Sometimes it's very similar to growing stages of a child so some children are faster some are slower.
audreyreiko
post Mar 9 2016, 03:39 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Feb 26 2016, 04:20 PM)
Congrats. The cost really does hurt haha. But Breast milk is free! Plus you don't so sakit hati when baby doesn't finish the milk... diaper normally will change 6-8 times per day. Roughly comes to about 4 packs a month can be low like RM80-250 depending on brand. Staying around the 120-150 range is good. Unless your baby very sensitive and need mamy poko
Breastfed mum here begs to differ, I'm more sayang if you pour leftover breastmilk away than you pour FM away ok. doh.gif Please ask/observe your wife how much time and effort she spend to try to get more milk and the times she is stuck in front of the pump just to pump for the baby. brows.gif
audreyreiko
post Mar 10 2016, 07:43 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ Mar 9 2016, 05:15 PM)
basically what your husband will do with the extra milk that baby not able to finish? hmm.gif  hmm.gif
i think those who cant finish the milk can donate away to make breast milk soap.  i believe breast milk soap is far more better than goat milk soap...

just my two cents
If cannot finish, I try see later within 1 hour if baby can still drink it, if not, I will finish it off, usually we can agak-agak the amount quite well and don't have that much leftover.

If really got leftover, can keep in a container and later do breastmilk bath for baby, it's good for baby's skin.

As for breastmilk soap, one 1kg bar of soap only needs 15oz so basically like 2 Autumnz bag only, and yes my son still uses breastmilk soap till today. smile.gif
audreyreiko
post Mar 10 2016, 07:47 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Mar 9 2016, 09:46 PM)
Hehe. True true. Been there the whole time so don't need to ask haha. But breast milk don't have to straight away throw. Can still be kept and used again later because its awesome like that. Formula, gotta throw away if the baby simply touches it and doesn't drink... spent hundreds of $$ poured down the drain....
A good rule of thumb is once breastmilk is heated up, normally baby should consume within 1 hour, if cannot finish, normally people don't re-freeze/ re-refridgerate it, though, in some cases I've done that before and and so far it was okay - not recommended though.

Best is to heat up say 2oz - 4oz per feed, that way you don't waste too much if baby cannot finish. Most of the time leftover ~1oz I will finish it off myself.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0471sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:09 AM