Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

need advice

views

TSjacobbennett
post Jan 31 2016, 01:36 AM, updated 9y ago

1 posts

Hi it seem like my outlook had crushed. I`ve got windows 7 operating system. If it is necessary. Error message text was the following “Errors have been detected in the file xxxx.ost. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.” I used built-in repair but it had no effect, so maybe YOU can help me.
avaldamble
post Feb 1 2016, 10:34 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(jacobbennett @ Jan 31 2016, 01:36 AM)
Hi it seem like my outlook had crushed. I`ve got windows 7 operating system. If it is necessary. Error message text was the following “Errors have been detected in the file xxxx.ost. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.” I used built-in repair but it had no effect, so maybe YOU can help me.
As for me it seems like corruption. You can try to use a built-in recovery. I sugest you to do the following
1. Locate the .ost file.
I. From the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
II. From the "Account Settings" window, click the Data Files tab.
III. Click the data file labeled as "Default."
IV. Click Open Folder....
2. Rename the .ost file by right clicking on the file and selecting Rename.
- Suggest to rename the file to ost.old.
3. Press Enter on your keyboard.
4. Open Outlook. Outlook should start to configure a new data file.
- This process can take anywhere from 10-60 minutes depending on your mailbox size.
When your mailbox has been rebuilt you'll see the message, "All folder are up to date" in the lower right hand corner.
If the above mesures by some reasons had no effect. I suggest to use this program Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express. You can find it here
https://outlookbackup.recoverytoolbox.com/

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0108sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:37 PM