views

statikinetic
post Nov 29 2022, 10:42 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(thkent91 @ Nov 29 2022, 01:34 PM)
How did you evaluate CCK at that time?

Master doing good today too
Trying to remember the thought process back in Aug.

I have a pool of about 15 companies that I have done adequate research on and am satisfied they meet the criteria for investment. Good balance sheet which means they are resilient so I don't have to lose sleep. Enough cash to outlast competitors in bad times. And upside to their revenue stream with headroom to grow. Also have gone through the past 5 years AR generally. I only buy from this pool, even if a friend swears on his latest tip. If it's not here, no buy. Learnt the hard way. CCK is on the list from way before Aug.

Aug itself was more of me thinking CCK was on the start of an upward curve based on their QR projections, their acquisition in the prawn segment and the maturation of their retail. But it was more of a punt as compared against the other companies on the list, CCK seemed the most likely. It could have just as likely gone flat and continued sideways for a bit.

My style is waiting so for a 3 month wait for the price to shift is considered short for me. I was in Master more than a year. I just think these companies will be worth much more in the future. Somehow this month, both reported blockbuster quarters. My portfolio is now greener than Hulk's bottom. That is not to say I don't have stuff that are still waiting, like Magni which I'm still underwater. But the things I let on publicly, CCK and Master are definitely the stars of the quarter as things stand for me.

The movement for Master was more of a surprise to me. Didn't expect it to pick up so quickly which usually means it is not organic market pricing but someone really wanting to up their stake. No complaints here, always happy for more people to ride on the same boat when leaving the harbour.

wongkheong86
post Nov 30 2022, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

Powell speech soon, time to drop ?
Taikor.Taikun
post Dec 1 2022, 08:17 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QL Resources rising

statikinetic
post Dec 1 2022, 10:11 PM

BaneCat
2,832 posts

QUOTE(Taikor.Taikun @ Dec 1 2022, 08:17 PM)
QL Resources rising

A bit pricey for me.
You invested in it?
Taikor.Taikun
post Dec 1 2022, 10:37 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(statikinetic @ Dec 1 2022, 10:11 PM)
A bit pricey for me.
You invested in it?
Holding it for some time. Fruit is ripe, may harvest anytime

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0307sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th December 2022 - 02:23 PM