Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Technical Legacy Steering Wheels are now supported on PS4, Not officially. FFB works as well.

views

TSbenblitz
post Jan 26 2016, 01:07 PM, updated 9y ago

Casual
327 posts

So apparently we can now use our legacy Logitech model steering wheel on our PlayStation 4 system. Basically we need to use a free homebrew program on PC/Linux and a GIMX USB Adapter to spoof the signals going to the PS4 where it will think we are using the Logitech G29 model (which is officially supported). I've tested it with my Driving Force GT playing Driveclub and it works perfectly; all the button mapping are predefined in the profile settings.

Here is the USB assembly guide for dummies, includes flashing and stuff.
The official page for more reading.

Why don't you guys give it a go? I think it is worth it rather than spending a fortune on another set of wheels.

The adapter can be used for so many things, we can even use keyboard and mouse on the PS3 and PS4 (Not all games). Xbox 360 and Xbox One can also benefit from this adapter.

List of supported wheels (from the website):

G27
Driving Force GT
G25
Momo Racing Force Feedback
Momo Force
Driving Force Pro

Oh and BTW, if anyone is interested, I am planning on selling the mentioned adapter, in a small case and comes pre-flashed. But you still need to install the software on your PC though.

All in all if you're interested let me know below, the price will be TBA and preferably COD around AEON Bukit Tinggi Klang so I can explain in detail on what to expect and install the required software on your laptop.

Basically, here is the breakdown of the connection to get it to work. Please note that this USB adapter have a wide range of use, the one I'm illustrating here is specific if we want it to work with our older steering wheels. Hope this helps if you're building one yourself.

*The steering wheels MUST be connected to the USB coming out from your MOBO, must not use USB hub or the one in front of your case, else it won't work. Driver installation will fail.

[attachmentid=5915649]

This post has been edited by benblitz: Jan 26 2016, 05:26 PM
aidlover
post Jan 26 2016, 02:38 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

yup been using that for some time already
but the cost you charging quite steep? dont you think so?
TSbenblitz
post Jan 26 2016, 04:11 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(aidlover @ Jan 26 2016, 02:38 PM)
yup been using that for some time already
but the cost you charging quite steep? dont you think so?
Good to know that someone have already been using it.

Arduino Leonardo (at the time of writing, only available 32u4 board locally, that i know of) cost around RM100

CP2102 around RM18

RM150 - RM118 = RM32

Which also includes a box to house the adapter, consultation for those who just want it to work and installation.

I think its fair pricing. Unless there are other alternative board you can point out that are available locally then perhaps I can readjust the price. Of course those reading can always do it themselves; just giving options here.

Honestly though, if you know any locally available supported board do let me know.
Cyphereza
post Jan 26 2016, 04:29 PM

Jedi Catâ„¢
Group Icon
2,311 posts

QUOTE(benblitz @ Jan 26 2016, 01:07 PM)
So apparently we can now use our legacy Logitech model steering wheel on our PlayStation 4 system. Basically we need to use a free homebrew program on PC/Linux and a GIMX USB Adapter to spoof the signals going to the PS4 where it will think we are using the Logitech G29 model (which is officially supported). I've tested it with my Driving Force GT playing Driveclub and it works perfectly; all the button mapping are predefined in the profile settings.

Hereis the USB assembly guide for dummies, includes flashing and stuff.
Theofficialpage for more reading.

Why don't you guys give it a go? I think it is worth it rather than spending a fortune on another set of wheels.

The adapter can be used for so many things, we can even use keyboard and mouse on the PS3 and PS4 (Not all games). Xbox 360 and Xbox One can also benefit from this adapter.

G27
Driving Force GT
G25
Momo Force
Driving Force Pro

Oh and BTW, if anyone is interested, I am planning on selling the mentioned adapter, in a small case and comes pre-flashed. But you still need to install the software on your PC though.

All in all if you're interested let me know below, the price will be RM150 and preferably COD around AEON Bukit Tinggi Klang so I can explain in detail on what to expect and install the required software on your laptop.
Can you explain in layman term on how is the connection and why do we still need the required software installed on the PC?
TSbenblitz
post Jan 26 2016, 04:33 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(Cyphereza @ Jan 26 2016, 04:29 PM)
Can you explain in layman term on how is the connection and why do we still need the required software installed on the PC?
This will take a moment. Hold on.

*Post updated.

This post has been edited by benblitz: Jan 26 2016, 04:51 PM
TSbenblitz
post Jan 26 2016, 04:51 PM

Casual
327 posts

*double post

This post has been edited by benblitz: Jan 26 2016, 04:52 PM
aidlover
post Jan 26 2016, 05:00 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(benblitz @ Jan 26 2016, 04:11 PM)
Good to know that someone have already been using it.

Arduino Leonardo (at the time of writing, only available 32u4 board locally, that i know of) cost around RM100

CP2102 around RM18

RM150 - RM118 = RM32

Which also includes a box to house the adapter, consultation for those who just want it to work and installation.

I think its fair pricing. Unless there are other alternative board you can point out that are available locally then perhaps I can readjust the price. Of course those reading can always do it themselves; just giving options here.

Honestly though, if you know any locally available supported board do let me know.
yes i am using this Arduino pro micro. you can find similar one which price is around there and cheap. Dont need leornardo for full fledge board if you use this just for this project

I have extra few sets btw (arduino pro micro or teensy)

http://www.lelong.com.my/arduino-pro-micro...6-06-Sale-P.htm

This is mine. its around 5cm x 2.5cm size only

Attached Image
IccyAsd
post Jan 26 2016, 05:22 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Staff
819 posts

Just wondering can this do the same thing?

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/17778036/

user posted image

Would this be much simple to setup?

This post has been edited by IccyAsd: Jan 26 2016, 05:23 PM
aidlover
post Jan 26 2016, 05:31 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(IccyAsd @ Jan 26 2016, 05:22 PM)
Just wondering can this do the same thing?

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/17778036/

Would this be much simple to setup?
dont think so

this will be the commercial cheap alternative if you want

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/XBOXXBOX360/MAX011.html
TSbenblitz
post Jan 26 2016, 05:33 PM

Casual
327 posts

Anyways, I'm still awaiting the day when I can use my DFGT on Xbox One. It is possible and may come in the future version of GIMX.
TSbenblitz
post Jan 26 2016, 06:09 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(aidlover @ Jan 26 2016, 05:00 PM)
yes i am using this Arduino pro micro. you can find similar one which price is around there and cheap. Dont need leornardo for full fledge board if you use this just for this project

I have extra few sets btw (arduino pro micro or teensy)

http://www.lelong.com.my/arduino-pro-micro...6-06-Sale-P.htm

This is mine. its around 5cm x 2.5cm size only

Attached Image
That is neatly made. Mine however, ended up in a cuboid gift box and pretty big due to the size of leonardo. Thanks for linking to the micro pro. I must have overlook, last micro pro I saw on lelong was a atmega328.

This post has been edited by benblitz: Jan 26 2016, 06:09 PM
aidlover
post Jan 26 2016, 06:16 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(benblitz @ Jan 26 2016, 06:09 PM)
That is neatly made. Mine however, ended up in a cuboid gift box and pretty big due to the size of leonardo. Thanks for linking to the micro pro. I must have overlook, last micro pro I saw on lelong was a atmega328.
yup can be smaller though. was trying to put it inside pi so it's a one off solution without adapter

you can try get smaller board like teensy which is 2cm X 4cm and can fit nicely on top of the USB-TTL
TSbenblitz
post Jan 26 2016, 06:42 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(aidlover @ Jan 26 2016, 06:16 PM)
yup can be smaller though. was trying to put it inside pi so it's a one off solution without adapter

you can try get smaller board like teensy which is 2cm X 4cm and can fit nicely on top of the USB-TTL
Yes, totally need the pi for one off solution. How much does it cost locally anyway, rm200+-?

Tried finding teensy but to no avail. Where did you get yours?
aidlover
post Jan 26 2016, 09:25 PM

Regular
1,001 posts

QUOTE(benblitz @ Jan 26 2016, 06:42 PM)
Yes, totally need the pi for one off solution. How much does it cost locally anyway, rm200+-?

Tried finding teensy but to no avail. Where did you get yours?
I get my pi way before USD goes up around rm125
teensy can get around usd 8 at ebay
Khel46
post Apr 24 2018, 11:51 AM

0 posts

Hi, do you still make this? Can it be PNP (Plug&Play)?? How much doe it cost now?? I'm currenty playing the Gran Turismo Sport on PS4. So need to know if its compatible with the Gran Turismo Sport. Saw on the internet that for Logitech Driving Force GT need to use DRIVEHUB so it could be played on PS4 but it cost around 89.99 USD (RM351.55 +-)

QUOTE(benblitz @ Jan 26 2016, 01:07 PM)

Here is the USB assembly guide for dummies, includes flashing and stuff.
The official page for more reading.

G27
Driving Force GT
G25
Momo Force
Driving Force Pro

All in all if you're interested let me know below, the price will be TBA and preferably COD around AEON Bukit Tinggi Klang so I can explain in detail on what to expect and install the required software on your laptop.

Basically, here is the breakdown of the connection to get it to work. Please note that this USB adapter have a wide range of use, the one I'm illustrating here is specific if we want it to work with our older steering wheels. Hope this helps if you're building one yourself.

*The steering wheels MUST be connected to the USB coming out from your MOBO, must not use USB hub or the one in front of your case, else it won't work. Driver installation will fail.

[attachmentid=5915649]
This post has been edited by Khel46: Apr 24 2018, 12:35 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:12 PM