TSokuribito
post Jan 23 2016, 11:12 AM, updated 6y ago

Regular
1,013 posts

To subscribe to this service, you have to either:
Via USSD= Dial *777#
OR
Via SMS= Type F Send to 2345

I did neither. Yet I received an sms saying I have subscribed & my balance has been debited.

When I contacted customer service, they said I subscribed thru facebook. Then I remembered that a few hours ago, I had accessed facebook on my phone & had been asked to confirm my hp # with facebook.

We all know it's telcos' SoP to auto-renew these kinds of plans until & unless we tell them to stop. I asked TT how to stop it permanently. They said ...
Kindly be informed that service activation was from your facebook account.
We are unable to provide any refund due to the transaction was valid.
You need to remove your mobile number from facebook account to turn off completely.
Long story short... I feel cheated by both facebook & tunetalk for screwing me in the dark. Tunetalk denies responsibility even though they are the ones who took my money... bastards.

Has anyone else experienced this with their respective telcos? I feel both FB & the telco are equally responsible ...what do you think? What can we do about it? What happens if we remove our hp # from our facebook account? What can't we do (via facebook) from our phones if our phone numbers are not registered in our facebook account details?

This post has been edited by okuribito: Jan 23 2016, 11:17 AM
IamPerfectionist
post Jan 23 2016, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(okuribito @ Jan 23 2016, 11:12 AM)
Via USSD= Dial *777# 
OR

I did neither. Yet I received an sms saying I have subscribed & my balance has been debited.

When I contacted customer service, they said I subscribed thru facebook. Then I remembered that a few hours ago, I had accessed facebook on my phone & had been asked to confirm my hp # with facebook.

We all know it's telcos' SoP to auto-renew these kinds of plans until & unless we tell them to stop. I asked TT how to stop it permanently. They said ...

Long story short... I feel cheated by both facebook & tunetalk for screwing me in the dark. Tunetalk denies responsibility even though they are the ones who took my money... bastards.

Has anyone else experienced this with their respective telcos? I feel both FB & the telco are equally responsible ...what do you think? What can we do about it? What happens if we remove our hp # from our facebook account? What can't we do (via facebook) from our phones if our phone numbers are not registered in our facebook account details?
removing your phone number from facebook dosen't mean you can't use facebook on your phone ... it's cookie based . just need to log in with your email & password for facebook will do. remove it now to avoid additional charges. ohmy.gif
SUSMNet
post Jan 23 2016, 04:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

Via USSD= Dial *777# 
OR

Please complaint to mark zukerberg
TSokuribito
post Jan 23 2016, 05:05 PM

Regular
1,013 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 23 2016, 04:42 PM)
Please complaint to mark zukerberg
surely, mr fukerberg is a party to this with whoever fronts my telco. how much do you think their profit sharing is? 50:50 or 60:40? smile.gif
Husna18
post Dec 25 2018, 11:19 PM

3 posts

This shortcode 2345 is belong to the company Forest Interactive Sdn Bhd. This company keep cheating Tunetalk Subscriber very long time until this day.

You might think that why Tunetalk not suspend this shortcode 2345 or cancel the business with this company. It's because of Revenue Sharing. If you complain to Tunetalk, they will ask this company to call you and give a refund. That's all.

Today, my foreign friends received 2 SMS with charging RM0.50x2 without his consent. The SMS content is about Currency Exchange. My friends make a report to telco and then this company call him said sorry because they have problem in their system. Idiot reason. I advise my friend to make a report to MCMC.
GameSky
post Dec 26 2018, 06:22 PM

Nyancat too much
6,335 posts

best is to report skmm as well...verifying your number with facebook doesn't warrant you get charged or subscribed with any content... unless there's a link to other website asked you to enter your phone number.. shady tactic but most telco do that if they partnered with some content provider (like digi always did this).

best to send stop all sms to that number and lodge skmm aduan for refund.
TSokuribito
post Jan 5 2019, 10:53 PM

Regular
1,013 posts

QUOTE(Husna18 @ Dec 25 2018, 11:19 PM)
This shortcode 2345 is belong to the company Forest Interactive Sdn Bhd. This company keep cheating Tunetalk Subscriber very long time until this day.

You might think that why Tunetalk not suspend this shortcode 2345 or cancel the business with this company. It's because of Revenue Sharing. If you complain to Tunetalk, they will ask this company to call you and give a refund. That's all.

Today, my foreign friends received 2 SMS with charging RM0.50x2 without his consent. The SMS content is about Currency Exchange. My friends make a report to telco and then this company call him said sorry because they have problem in their system. Idiot reason. I advise my friend to make a report to MCMC.
I was told 36625 belongs to something called FiMobile. Got hit by them today. Related to this Forest Interactive Sdn Bhd?

tehhalia P
post May 16 2019, 01:27 PM

Probation
1 posts

Via USSD= Dial *777# 
OR

My Tunetalk number once got subscribed without my consent, after that I called Tunetalk's customer service, but they asked me to call to this company - Forest Interactive, which I think this company has something with Tunetalk. Then I called this company at 03-21622728 (they got operator answered the call, need to select option 0 to speak with their customer service staff), I asked their customer service staff to unsubscribe me from this 2345 SMS services, and they also blocked me from receiving any SMS from shortcode 2345 in future. I also asking for refund and they refunded me. rclxm9.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:28 PM