Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Netflix has started blocking access with VPN

lex11
post Jan 22 2016, 11:39 AM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Read the news here

Just when I was about to renew my US account subscription. Now I'm not sure if I should...
buraqdunia
post Jan 22 2016, 11:42 AM

Casual

it just a lip service for the distro, but to play save u do not have to renew yearly plan.
lex11
post Jan 22 2016, 11:45 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(buraqdunia @ Jan 22 2016, 11:42 AM)
it just a lip service for the distro, but to play save u do not have to renew yearly plan.
I'm not on annual subscription. But my account has expired a few days now and I need some binge watching for the weekend.

happyking4ever
post Jan 22 2016, 11:51 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lex11 @ Jan 22 2016, 11:39 AM)
Read the news here

Just when I was about to renew my US account subscription.  Now I'm not sure if I should...
Has anyone tried and confirm service like GetFlix got blocked already?

If really got blocked I think Netflix is overcharging us for offering only less than 20% of their other content. If they are not going to offer similar amount of content, then they should not charge as much to us. That's a form of exploit. Thank you TPPA. We probably will get a lot of those in the future.

lex11
post Jan 22 2016, 11:54 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(happyking4ever @ Jan 22 2016, 11:51 AM)

If really got blocked I think Netflix is overcharging us for offering only less than 20% of their other content. If they are not going to offer similar amount of content, then they should not charge as much to us. That's a form of exploit. Thank you TPPA. We probably will get a lot of those in the future.
Dunno what GetFlix is. But it is happening only in Australia as of now and only with few users, not all. Just wondering how soon it will be implemented here.
happyking4ever
post Jan 22 2016, 02:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lex11 @ Jan 22 2016, 11:54 AM)
Dunno what GetFlix is. But it is happening only in Australia as of now and only with few users, not all. Just wondering how soon it will be implemented here.
GetFlix basically ask you to change your DNS settings in my PC or devices, and it will fool Netflix into thinking your account is from another country. I suppose this is the so called DNS trick. When I tried it last week, I was able to jump to different countries to view their content. And the content list in other countries is so huge compared to us.
cry.gif
lex11
post Jan 22 2016, 02:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(happyking4ever @ Jan 22 2016, 02:37 PM)
GetFlix basically ask you to change your DNS settings in my PC or devices, and it will fool Netflix into thinking your account is from another country. I suppose this is the so called DNS trick. When I tried it last week, I was able to jump to different countries to view their content. And the content list in other countries is so huge compared to us.
cry.gif
I see. I use UnoTelly but since I haven't been on Netflix for a few days not sure if it's still working.
azarimy
post Jan 24 2016, 08:35 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Education Essentials, Architecture
Group: Elite

no changes yet with unotelly. currently i keep paying one netflix account as the account is international. meaning the same netflix account can be used for watching US shows (via unotelly or other DNS), and when i'm not using DNS (like my office), i can use it to watch malaysian version of netflix.

pretty cool if u think about it. u can also subscribe malaysian netflix and later use DNS too (to watch international versions). however, i did the calculation, even at the current exchange rate, subscribing to US version is still untung than RM42 malaysian version.
lex11
post Jan 24 2016, 09:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jan 24 2016, 08:35 PM)
no changes yet with unotelly. currently i keep paying one netflix account as the account is international. meaning the same netflix account can be used for watching US shows (via unotelly or other DNS), and when i'm not using DNS (like my office), i can use it to watch malaysian version of netflix.

pretty cool if u think about it. u can also subscribe malaysian netflix and later use DNS too (to watch international versions). however, i did the calculation, even at the current exchange rate, subscribing to US version is still untung than RM42 malaysian version.
I'm having problem watching Netflix today and someone said they already blocked access with VPN/DNS Service.
azarimy
post Jan 24 2016, 09:16 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(lex11 @ Jan 24 2016, 09:09 PM)
I'm having problem watching Netflix today and someone said they already blocked access with VPN/DNS Service.
what DNS/VPN service are u using?
lex11
post Jan 24 2016, 09:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jan 24 2016, 09:16 PM)
what DNS/VPN service are u using?
UnoTelly. I don't think it's the net connection issue as I can watch YouTube on Apple TV. I keep restarting Apple TV and sign in again but still having issues. This really frustrate me...

This post has been edited by lex11: Jan 24 2016, 09:22 PM
azarimy
post Jan 24 2016, 09:57 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(lex11 @ Jan 24 2016, 09:20 PM)
UnoTelly. I don't think it's the net connection issue as I can watch YouTube on Apple TV. I keep restarting Apple TV and sign in again but still having issues. This really frustrate me...
owh. appletv have been giving me issues lately. but PC and PS4 seems to run fine with unotelly.
lex11
post Jan 25 2016, 09:58 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jan 24 2016, 09:57 PM)
owh. appletv have been giving me issues lately. but PC and PS4 seems to run fine with unotelly.
It was finally okay last night. I only watch it on Apple TV.
silbii
post Jan 26 2016, 12:20 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

So far no issues using Getflix smile.gif
wodenus
post Jan 26 2016, 12:23 PM

Tree Octopus

QUOTE(happyking4ever @ Jan 22 2016, 11:51 AM)

If no TPPA they won't charge as much? smile.gif

happyking4ever
post Jan 26 2016, 03:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wodenus @ Jan 26 2016, 12:23 PM)
If no TPPA they won't charge as much? smile.gif
If no TPPA they will find the overcharging and discriminating pricing strategy failed.

wodenus
post Jan 26 2016, 07:39 PM

Tree Octopus

QUOTE(happyking4ever @ Jan 26 2016, 03:06 PM)
If no TPPA they will find the overcharging and discriminating pricing strategy failed.
Um.. Starbucks, CBTL etc. are always crowded smile.gif

SushiBurgerX
post Jan 27 2016, 08:49 AM

Casual

Getflix working fine.

NETFLIX says block VPN...never said block DNS.

Nampak tak permainan NETFLIX??? tongue.gif
graceinc
post Oct 11 2018, 07:49 PM

Yes, it is quite true Netflix is blocking VPN till date. But there are a few VPN services which have their US servers that on connection help you to access American Netflix in UK. I used the NordVPN service last month on my trip to UK to attend a Wedding. There are other VPN services as well like PureVPN or one can also use ExpressVPN service.

So far their servers are working, Vyper VPN does not allow the access, also do not use any free VPN's they don't work at all.
parker55
post Oct 13 2018, 09:07 PM

Group: Newbie

I thought its new discussion smile.gif

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0604sec    4.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 07:17 AM