Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Troubleshooting Trade-In or Selling a Nearly Dead 3DS

views

TSXhiro
post Jan 21 2016, 12:30 AM, updated 9y ago

13 posts

So apparently my N3DS XL has suffered some major damage and the cost for repair is nearly equivalent to buying a whole new 3DS. The last shop I sent my 3DS is Heavy Arms. They told me that the screen and possibly motherboard damage and thus, it's probably in a bad shape.

My questions are,

1) I was told by Heavy Arms that the repair cost will possibly go up to RM850. Should I still try to repair this console by perhaps finding someone who is able to do the repairs for a cheaper price? If yes, are there anyone who is able to perhaps save this console or should I proceed to (2)?
2) Are there any shop(s) that accepts my console as trade-in for them to salvage spare parts? I am hoping to at least make use of what's left of my console as it is quite disheartening for me to just throw the console in a corner to gather mold and rot.
3) If I do decide to get a new console, should I still get back another 3DS? I heard rumors that Nintendo may be announcing a new console sometime this year but I still have leftover games I would like to enjoy on my 3DS. Or is the service life of 3DS ending soon (something like PS Vita? I forgot the correct term)?

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Xhiro: Jan 21 2016, 12:34 AM
Kyoyagami
post Jan 21 2016, 11:24 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

QUOTE(Xhiro @ Jan 21 2016, 12:30 AM)
So apparently my N3DS XL has suffered some major damage and the cost for repair is nearly equivalent to buying a whole new 3DS. The last shop I sent my 3DS is Heavy Arms. They told me that the screen and possibly motherboard damage and thus, it's probably in a bad shape.

My questions are,

1) I was told by Heavy Arms that the repair cost will possibly go up to RM850. Should I still try to repair this console by perhaps finding someone who is able to do the repairs for a cheaper price? If yes, are there anyone who is able to perhaps save this console or should I proceed to (2)?
2) Are there any shop(s) that accepts my console as trade-in for them to salvage spare parts? I am hoping to at least make use of what's left of my console as it is quite disheartening for me to just throw the console in a corner to gather mold and rot.
3) If I do decide to get a new console, should I still get back another 3DS? I heard rumors that Nintendo may be announcing a new console sometime this year but I still have leftover games I would like to enjoy on my 3DS. Or is the service life of 3DS ending soon (something like PS Vita? I forgot the correct term)?

Thanks in advance.
Try contacting Games Solution (Bernard Moh) at Pertama Complex. See what he can do.
blah2blah
post Jan 21 2016, 12:00 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

QUOTE(Xhiro @ Jan 21 2016, 01:30 AM)

My questions are,

Thanks in advance.
Old or new 3ds? I am interested to get your unit as sparepart.
TSXhiro
post Jan 21 2016, 02:29 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(Kyoyagami @ Jan 21 2016, 11:24 AM)
Try contacting Games Solution (Bernard Moh) at Pertama Complex. See what he can do.
Do you have his contact? I can't find any way to contact him as there seems to be no results in searching up that shop online (or maybe I fail at searching online) sweat.gif . It's slightly troublesome for me to drop by Pertama Complex and I would like to contact him first before making a trip there. Sorry for the trouble and thanks. notworthy.gif

QUOTE(andrewcha @ Jan 21 2016, 12:00 PM)
Old or new 3ds? I am interested to get your unit as sparepart.
It's New 3DS XL Black. Can't get a picture of it at the moment as it is still being held at Heavy Arms, will only collect back maybe sometime next week.

I'm really not sure what parts will even be salvageable as I was told some (or most?) of the internal parts are damaged, but external parts should still be in a relatively good condition I hope, if it is of any value.

This post has been edited by Xhiro: Jan 21 2016, 02:30 PM
blah2blah
post Jan 21 2016, 04:41 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

QUOTE(Xhiro @ Jan 21 2016, 03:29 PM)
Do you have his contact? I can't find any way to contact him as there seems to be no results in searching up that shop online (or maybe I fail at searching online)  sweat.gif . It's slightly troublesome for me to drop by Pertama Complex and I would like to contact him first before making a trip there. Sorry for the trouble and thanks.  notworthy.gif
It's New 3DS XL Black. Can't get a picture of it at the moment as it is still being held at Heavy Arms, will only collect back maybe sometime next week.

I'm really not sure what parts will even be salvageable as I was told some (or most?) of the internal parts are damaged, but external parts should still be in a relatively good condition I hope, if it is of any value.
What happen to your console?
foohoa
post Jan 21 2016, 04:44 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

for me, its still can on and have sound, than its outer problem only
TSXhiro
post Jan 21 2016, 05:35 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(andrewcha @ Jan 21 2016, 04:41 PM)
What happen to your console?
It got splashed by water from a sink. sad.gif Wasn't submerged in water nor was it totally soaked in water, but probably enough for it to short circuit I think.

QUOTE(foohoa @ Jan 21 2016, 04:44 PM)
for me, its still can on and have sound, than its outer problem only
Can't on due to a screen problem so I can't tell if the sound works or not. Upon pressing the power button the blue light lights up awhile, then a "pop" sound is heard from the screen and it dies.

rclxub.gif cry.gif
blah2blah
post Jan 21 2016, 05:48 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

QUOTE(Xhiro @ Jan 21 2016, 06:35 PM)
It got splashed by water from a sink.  sad.gif Wasn't submerged in water nor was it totally soaked in water, but probably enough for it to short circuit I think.
Can't on due to a screen problem so I can't tell if the sound works or not. Upon pressing the power button the blue light lights up awhile, then a "pop" sound is heard from the screen and it dies.

rclxub.gif  cry.gif
Just PM me la when you get your stuff and want to sell it as sparepart. That csnt turn on part for me is considered board short circuit already.
TSXhiro
post Jan 21 2016, 07:05 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(andrewcha @ Jan 21 2016, 05:48 PM)
Just PM me la when you get your stuff and want to sell it as sparepart. That csnt turn on part for me is considered board short circuit already.
Will do. Just hoping to make some use of its remainders rather then just throwing it aside sweat.gif
foohoa
post Jan 21 2016, 07:20 PM

Enthusiast
976 posts

QUOTE(Xhiro @ Jan 21 2016, 05:35 PM)
It got splashed by water from a sink.  sad.gif Wasn't submerged in water nor was it totally soaked in water, but probably enough for it to short circuit I think.

rclxub.gif  cry.gif
adui, soaked water dont on the it first, must put it in the rice bowl first sad.gif
TSXhiro
post Jan 21 2016, 07:39 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(foohoa @ Jan 21 2016, 07:20 PM)
adui, soaked water dont on the it first, must put it in the rice bowl first  sad.gif
It was on sleep mode when it got splashed. I turned it off and tried to dry it but clearly I failed. unsure.gif
blah2blah
post Jan 21 2016, 09:05 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

QUOTE(foohoa @ Jan 21 2016, 08:20 PM)
adui, soaked water dont on the it first, must put it in the rice bowl first  sad.gif
Sometimes situation happen like this you wont just suddenly think off/immediately can get a rice bowl to absorb the water out. I understand TS situation just like my second gen ipod. Soaked into water and bye bye. Really heartache although is only 2gb.
TSXhiro
post Jan 21 2016, 09:26 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(andrewcha @ Jan 21 2016, 09:05 PM)
Sometimes situation happen like this you wont just suddenly think off/immediately can get a rice bowl to absorb the water out. I understand TS situation just like my second gen ipod. Soaked into water and bye bye. Really heartache although is only 2gb.
Wasn't at a place where I could get a bowl of rice easily eitherway. unsure.gif
TSXhiro
post Feb 1 2016, 01:23 PM

13 posts

Update : So in the end Heavy Arms managed to repair my 3DS although its quite costly. But I consented to pay anyway. Thanks everyone for help so far.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:01 AM