Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LG OLED TV Discussion Thread, OLED TV

views

neekun
post Apr 3 2024, 07:28 AM

I'm a Mac
2,356 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ Apr 2 2024, 03:49 PM)
So the insurance (dunno is LG or Senheng decision) decided to opt for Panel replacement cause the margin is less than 70% as per Senheng SA explanation

My extended warranty value up to 13,999 and apparently the value doesnt depreciate over the period  shocking.gif :

user posted image

The cost on the system shows:

1) Panel cost @ RM6,700
2) Labour charge @ RM200
3) Service Transport @ RM45

So it is just 50% over the repair coverage

Oh well, wait for the panel replace and gonna check through the new panel see any defective before conclude.
My faulty gx 65 was quoted rm9000 for the panel by insurance. End up I deal with the shop to top up and change to Sony a80L 77".
TongCN
post Apr 3 2024, 08:33 AM

Look ma, I have lots stars :D
4,891 posts

QUOTE(Kahlamx @ Apr 2 2024, 05:39 PM)
No no, not like that, they have different part ID or something, that's what he told me, they normally order accordingly to the TV model.

You can check with the LG technician first.
But the repairmen is sub-con which is not the LG Technician sad.gif

QUOTE(neekun @ Apr 3 2024, 07:28 AM)
My faulty gx 65 was quoted rm9000 for the panel by insurance.  End up I deal with the shop to top up and change to Sony a80L 77".
I also wan but senheng doesn't allow sweat.gif

I asked them i top up the difference to get the 65"C3 but they die die just wanna stick to panel replace doh.gif
Kahlamx
post Apr 3 2024, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
238 posts

I am a bit late to the Calman AutoCAL game, but did SDR calibration on my LG CX and overall picture seems to improved, especially dark scenes colors saturation, less faded as compared to default.

1st test, default SDR Cinema with RAW XYZ, the RGB balance was way off, manage to get nice results but real pic has a red push to it even though the chart is looking fine...hmm
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

2nd test, SDR cinema with "WRGB OLED" instead of RAW XYZ, results are okay, but the blue on the chart (70% grayscale above) seems to be off. But not noticeable on bright scenes and with lesser red push

Measured luminance 97 nits (target 100 nits) on 100% grayscale on 32 OLED light. TV was disconnected, brightness 50, contrast 85, oled light 32

I understand most people calibrate ISF dark, but I wanted to keep the LUTs on ISFs default so I can compare between the different picture modes.

This post has been edited by Kahlamx: Apr 3 2024, 10:28 AM
Kahlamx
post Apr 12 2024, 11:24 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

webOS vulnerabilities affect thousands of LG TVs

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subac...l&id=1712812752
TongCN
post Apr 15 2024, 02:27 PM

4,891 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ Apr 2 2024, 03:49 PM)
So the insurance (dunno is LG or Senheng decision) decided to opt for Panel replacement cause the margin is less than 70% as per Senheng SA explanation

My extended warranty value up to 13,999 and apparently the value doesnt depreciate over the period  shocking.gif :

user posted image

The cost on the system shows:

1) Panel cost @ RM6,700
2) Labour charge @ RM200
3) Service Transport @ RM45

So it is just 50% over the repair coverage

Oh well, wait for the panel replace and gonna check through the new panel see any defective before conclude.
QUOTE(Kahlamx @ Apr 2 2024, 04:14 PM)
I am surprised that they still have stock for CX panel? đŸ˜€
So weekend - saturday the technicians came (not LG official, they are sub-con) so they not sure what panel is it as they are informed to exchange the panel only.

The new panel was manufactured on 24 January 2024 (old one 17 Dec 2020)
New panel info show AC650AQL BQA1_CS5 which i have no idea what panel it is sweat.gif
While old one is LE650AQD(EN)(A1)

It is also "MADE IN KOREA" while my old panel shows "MADE IN VIETNAM"

The technicians after replaced and see can turn on then wanna fast fast cabut without doing any single test run.
I did tell them wait me check first then they remain a while.
They also didn't really clip back properly my back cover leaving a small hollow there and say it's ok ranting.gif

After checking the panel showing ok and no burn-in, dmg, dead pixel.
Only then i let them go doh.gif

ADDON:
Asking Microsoft Co-pilot and give me these results, lol

user posted image

This post has been edited by TongCN: Apr 15 2024, 02:37 PM
Kahlamx
post Apr 15 2024, 07:02 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ Apr 15 2024, 02:27 PM)
Hmm, I am not sure what my OLED panel module code is like because that was back in December 2021 when my CX is still in warranty. If there is no dead pixels or severe banding on the new panel, I would say don't worry too much about it if it's EVO or not and just enjoy. Plus your manufacture date is so recent and Made in Korea.....

I calibrated and measured HDR peak luminance on my 3500++ hours CX and it's still around 650 nits at D65 (6500K). If vivid mode would be around 740 nits. More or less still within the capability of a CX.

I crossed check with HCFR also for 10% window and I am getting 674 nits HDR Cinema (calibrated via Calman), not too far off Calman values.
TongCN
post Apr 16 2024, 08:38 AM

4,891 posts

QUOTE(Kahlamx @ Apr 15 2024, 07:02 PM)
Hmm, I am not sure what my OLED panel module code is like because that was back in December 2021 when my CX is still in warranty. If there is no dead pixels or severe banding on the new panel, I would say don't worry too much about it if it's EVO or not and just enjoy. Plus your manufacture date is so recent and Made in Korea.....

I calibrated and measured HDR peak luminance on my 3500++ hours CX and it's still around 650 nits at D65 (6500K). If vivid mode would be around 740 nits. More or less still within the capability of a CX.

I crossed check with HCFR also for 10% window and I am getting 674 nits HDR Cinema (calibrated via Calman), not too far off Calman values.
Cause the model name macam is across many generation of OLED TV if do some slight google searching.

Ppl with LG A, B, C series (from 2018 model onward) that goes for replacement panel seems to be getting this "AC650AQL"

So actually LG OLED Panel is generic among all series?
But tweaked and limitation by the motherboard?
Kahlamx
post Apr 16 2024, 12:13 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ Apr 16 2024, 08:38 AM)
Cause the model name macam is across many generation of OLED TV if do some slight google searching.

Ppl with LG A, B, C series (from 2018 model onward) that goes for replacement panel seems to be getting this "AC650AQL"

So actually LG OLED Panel is generic among all series?
But tweaked and limitation by the motherboard?
It certainly looks that way if you google/reddit etc, but no one knows exactly unless people from LG confirms it.

I always go by the numbers and real scene quality. I am not really bothered by whichever gen panel it is. Having said that of course having the newer panel is better, but if the PQ is more or less the same don't worry about it.
TongCN
post Apr 16 2024, 01:09 PM

4,891 posts

QUOTE(Kahlamx @ Apr 16 2024, 12:13 PM)
It certainly looks that way if you google/reddit etc, but no one knows exactly unless people from LG confirms it.

I always go by the numbers and real scene quality. I am not really bothered by whichever gen panel it is. Having said that of course having the newer panel is better, but if the PQ is more or less the same don't worry about it.
True, the only thing i can say that it has some blue-ish tint (white screen) from certain angle

Example like Pink-ish tint middle of EVO panel

Need wait weekend only can do some deep adjustment and testing

Senheng SA says any issue just inform him, guess he really wanna get some commission (like replace the TV = sale)
Kahlamx
post Apr 16 2024, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(TongCN @ Apr 16 2024, 01:09 PM)
True, the only thing i can say that it has some blue-ish tint (white screen) from certain angle

Example like Pink-ish tint middle of EVO panel

Need wait weekend only can do some deep adjustment and testing

Senheng SA says any issue just inform him, guess he really wanna get some commission (like replace the TV = sale)
Let the new panel run in first for at least a couple hundred hours. Then reevaluate.

warm2 is closest to 6500k. This is precab grayscale color temp chart. Slightly on the colder side.

This post has been edited by Kahlamx: Apr 16 2024, 03:00 PM
air_mood
post Apr 17 2024, 11:56 AM

Randy Marsh, Guitar Queer-O
4,147 posts

Any good new streaming apps on LGWebOS instead of the normal ones like Netflix etc
ben3003
post Apr 17 2024, 10:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,617 posts

QUOTE(air_mood @ Apr 17 2024, 11:56 AM)
Any good new streaming apps on LGWebOS instead of the normal ones like Netflix etc
No.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:50 AM