Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Liquid Cooler or Air Cooler ?, Need your help , sifus !

views

snowberry
post Jun 6 2016, 05:05 PM

On my way
504 posts

QUOTE(hotwebs @ Apr 5 2016, 11:56 PM)
Air cooler Noctua Nh-D15 user. Have been using this cooler more than 2 years. I switched from a Aio water cooler due to tube broken, water leaked. then after using Noctua NH-D15, feeling happy and no need to worry the water tube broken or caring about the water bump noise.  The bad is only big. The good is silent and good temperature. Very stable.

[attachmentid=6319537]

[attachmentid=6319538]
dam i like the big size cooler very much drool.gif

but my p8z77-m doesn't allow me to get noctua nh d15, want find LGA1155 mobo that can fit the cooler also cant. too old all no one selling liao.

currently using cm hyper 212+
hareez31
post Jan 13 2017, 12:56 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(amuroooo @ Jan 19 2016, 11:12 AM)
Hi guys , i'm not sure this is the right section but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of PC Jedi here  notworthy.gif
Budget : 200-250
Requirement : CPU COOLER (currently using stock cooler , cpu is FX-6300)
Current status : Temperature around 60-something when playing GTA V , dota , starcraft etc . It scares me

So what is the best option for me ? Liquid cooler ? Air cooler ? Why should I choose this one over the other one ?

I'm not going to OC my rig  (for now.........probably tongue.gif )

I seriously appreciate any suggestion smile.gif and also please indicate the reason . I am a newbie for these things !

Planning to buy the cooler this weekend @ lowyat . Also suggestion for the best shop , if possible ?  icon_question.gif  biggrin.gif
If not using OC,, just use air cooler.

That should be sufficient enough.

Nuff said
abubin
post Jan 13 2017, 06:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

i would say AIO water cooling is best balance between the two.

I used to be skeptical on using water cooling because I am afraid of leakage which can short the system. So I stay away from water cooling for many years until I have like 5 fans in my system and I do not overclock. Until I needed to look for a solution that create less noise. So I tried AIO water cooling and love it! It is totally silent and performance is great! I still do not recommend DIY water cooling as it is expensive and need a lot of tinkering from the user. AIO water cooling is easy to install and works better than air cooling without the noise.
kona|kona
post Feb 5 2017, 06:34 PM

arsengal u jelly【ツ】
758 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jan 13 2017, 06:03 PM)
i would say AIO water cooling is best balance between the two.

I used to be skeptical on using water cooling because I am afraid of leakage which can short the system. So I stay away from water cooling for many years until I have like 5 fans in my system and I do not overclock. Until I needed to look for a solution that create less noise. So I tried AIO water cooling and love it! It is totally silent and performance is great! I still do not recommend DIY water cooling as it is expensive and need a lot of tinkering from the user. AIO water cooling is easy to install and works better than air cooling without the noise.
how about the tube ? do it can tahan the malaysia weather and go without breaking down ? hmm.gif
arffrhn
post Mar 7 2017, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

Don't know if this is a right place to ask, but here goes. Is it beneficial to upgrade from ID Cooling 240mm aio to corsair h115i 280mm aio? Is there any significant improvement on temperature? My rig is using i56600k running at 4.6ghz@1.32v with max core temps reaching 85c. Just changed thermal paste to kyronaut grizzly. Any comments please? Thanks.

This post has been edited by arffrhn: Mar 7 2017, 10:27 AM
richard912
post Mar 7 2017, 01:30 PM

d('_')b
1,821 posts

QUOTE(arffrhn @ Mar 7 2017, 10:27 AM)
Don't know if this is a right place to ask, but here goes. Is it beneficial to upgrade from ID Cooling 240mm aio to corsair h115i 280mm aio? Is there any significant improvement on temperature? My rig is using i56600k running at 4.6ghz@1.32v with max core temps reaching 85c. Just changed thermal paste to kyronaut grizzly. Any comments please? Thanks.
Your temp is constantly 85c? What are you running that keeps your CPU at peak?

In any case, 280mm rad is definitely better in cooling compared to 240mm rad. Do also note that the fans play a part in the cooling process too
sHawTY
post Mar 7 2017, 02:49 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,629 posts

QUOTE(kona|kona @ Feb 5 2017, 06:34 PM)
how about the tube ? do it can tahan the malaysia weather and go without breaking down ?  hmm.gif
Yes
arffrhn
post Mar 7 2017, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(richard912 @ Mar 7 2017, 01:30 PM)
Your temp is constantly 85c? What are you running that keeps your CPU at peak?

In any case, 280mm rad is definitely better in cooling compared to 240mm rad. Do also note that the fans play a part in the cooling process too
Umm not constantly 85c. Only during under load during benchmark or stress test. Normal gaming load hovers around 50c average. I am currently using stock fans that comes with the aio. On paper spec says it have 84.5cfm and 3.2mmH2O static pressure. Btw, any fans suggestion for radiator?
richard912
post Mar 7 2017, 06:43 PM

d('_')b
1,821 posts

QUOTE(arffrhn @ Mar 7 2017, 05:15 PM)
Umm not constantly 85c. Only during under load during benchmark or stress test. Normal gaming load hovers around 50c average. I am currently using stock fans that comes with the aio. On paper spec says it have 84.5cfm and 3.2mmH2O static pressure. Btw, any fans suggestion for radiator?
No need to change la since you say under normal usage condition avg temp is 50C. Btw, don't bench or stress test unnecessarily. Doing so reduces the lifespan of your rig. In any case if for some reason you still want to change your fans, you will need those that provide static pressure. For case fans, fans designed for higher airflow is required.
arffrhn
post Mar 7 2017, 06:52 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(richard912 @ Mar 7 2017, 06:43 PM)
No need to change la since you say under normal usage condition avg temp is 50C. Btw, don't bench or stress test unnecessarily. Doing so reduces the lifespan of your rig. In any case if for some reason you still want to change your fans, you will need those that provide static pressure. For case fans, fans designed for higher airflow is required.
Yea well. Was itching to get it to stable 4.7ghz but can't due to insufficient cooling. Yup, might gonna get some new sp fans cu id cooling stock fans are very loud under load. Thanks for advice bro. Appreciate it.
richard912
post Mar 7 2017, 07:05 PM

d('_')b
1,821 posts

QUOTE(arffrhn @ Mar 7 2017, 06:52 PM)
Yea well. Was itching to get it to stable 4.7ghz but can't due to insufficient cooling. Yup, might gonna get some new sp fans cu id cooling stock fans are very loud under load. Thanks for advice bro. Appreciate it.
For good (and quieter) fans, I always prefer Noctua.
Chriss
post Mar 9 2017, 01:29 AM

*** Lai liao ***
634 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Jan 21 2016, 07:49 AM)
price? Nope, top tier air cooler is 2x or more than lowest AIO.

performance? Top tier air cooler is not only better than lowest AIO but better than even mid / high AIO.

Top Tier air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 can out perform ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360mm radiator!)

http://www.goldfries.com/hardware-reviews/...eatsink-review/

The only way I see how water cooling can beat air-cooling, is to go custom WC of which each CPU waterblock costs more than the AIO system itself.

That's just waterblock, haven't consider the pump, radiator, fans, tubes, coolant and fittings.
NOTED
Tyvm
PedangGila
post Mar 20 2017, 03:47 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

I bumped my A8 5600k APU up 500mhz for daily use. It's been grilled with 1.452v since November 2013. Lately it flopped easily at OCCT. Waiting for Ryzen to mature really and will jump to 1500x.

And yeah using Hyper EVO cooler push pull setup in a Scout Storm II casing plus 3 more fans, one suck the air in from the side and two blow out to rear and up. The rig really warms the room when gaming indicating the venting is doing the job right. Something about APU temp reading is a miss where no single monitoring soft can get it right. Currently using HWinfo and max read shows 100c. Meh it's been like that since 2013, if it's true the proc and board should be dead already.

And yea since my air cooler is doing it's job splendidly, changing to AIO water cooler is out of the window already. Yes, nothing beats a custom water cooling (when it's not leaking ya hahahah) but if you're potato lazy like me use big air cooler with lotsa fans.

This post has been edited by PedangGila: Mar 20 2017, 03:58 AM
wongtheboy92
post Mar 23 2017, 10:01 AM

Enthusiast
802 posts

Air cooler is sufficient for your need and you don't do overclocking as well. My Hyper 212 Evo is a cheap air cooler and it still rocks up-to-date. But they are bulky and consume lots of space inside your CPU tower. AIO cooler is minimal in dimension and it looks nice while cools better, but is priced higher.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:28 PM