Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[FAQ]Laptops for Linux

views

Dhavalc017
post Dec 14 2018, 12:36 AM

6 posts

Do not buy HP 15-BE series. It is extremely struggling experience to install wifi drivers on it. I managed to do it when i was in my home country and had ubuntu 14 (LTS version) but when i decided to upgrade to newest version of Ubuntu I couldn't use wifi at all and drivers didn't provide for the newest version. I had to use Linux Subsystems to do my development work. So try to avoid it.
Dhavalc017
post Dec 14 2018, 12:39 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(manbot4.0 @ Nov 21 2018, 03:45 PM)
If im not wrong, generally HP laptops are almost always compatible with Ubuntu. I've just installed the 18.04 LTS on one of my 4 year old HP Pavillion, so far good for the usual media and web surfing usage. You might want to try dual booting before installing it on yours, just to test check the necessary.
Actually, Not all models, The one I am currently using has lots of quirks for Linux. One of the major one though was wifi driver. It was hard enough and took me lot of time and efforts to figure out for ubuntu 14 but new version of ubuntu completely broke my os. I had to switch back to windows and use the linux subsystems to get my work done.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 PM