> Coffee Lover v.2 Thread, Let's Share!

views

faiz293
post Yesterday, 10:33 AM

Working from Home
591 posts

QUOTE(luvox @ Jun 12 2021, 03:27 PM)
[attachmentid=10908724][attachmentid=10908725]

Not bad, cheap & fresh bean. Ordered from shopee rm 29 for 500 gram include delivery fees. Sol coffee. I used to buy from beanshiper n found out fresh roasted bean much more cheaper at shopee. Can pull more coffee for frens
Drinking SOL until i tried milkyway and never went back.

SOL's is good taste, but somehow I still need to add sugar to bring up the taste. With milkyway, no sugar needed. BTW, i drink latte.
lowkl
post Yesterday, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(imceobichi @ Jun 13 2021, 02:24 PM)
I don’t know about lowyat buddies

Many seem to be a fan of flair

It is a manual machine and can’t steam milk

Costing more than Rm1k

I rather go for a gemilai less than rm700 and whack the machine gao gao
Perhaps there legitimate reasons why there are so many avid fans of the Flair (I'm among them).

IMHO the main focus of an espresso maker should be on making espresso. In this respect the Flair excels. The ability to adjust pressure not just once, not just for each shot, but throughout each shot (known as pressure profiling) can only be found in machines costing multiple times as much. It is also portable and silent in operation. Once you have got your workflow optimised, it takes less than 10 minutes to pull a shot, from the moment you step into the kitchen and fill your kettle, to when you are sipping your beautifully crafted drink.

The importance of being able to steam milk really depends on you. With very good beans, roasted to your preference it may be preferable not to hide the full flavour profile by drowning it in cow juice.
CoffeeDude
post Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Regular
1,330 posts

QUOTE(luvox @ Jun 12 2021, 03:27 PM)
[attachmentid=10908724][attachmentid=10908725]

Not bad, cheap & fresh bean. Ordered from shopee rm 29 for 500 gram include delivery fees. Sol coffee. I used to buy from beanshiper n found out fresh roasted bean much more cheaper at shopee. Can pull more coffee for frens
This Sol Coffee Roastery is very strange hmm.gif
Roasted coffee is cheaper than raw beans rclxub.gif

Roasted coffee 500g @ RM30
https://shopee.com.my/Single-Origin-(COLOMB...4544.5736983235

Raw coffee 500g @ RM35.90
https://shopee.com.my/100-ARABICA-Green-Cof...4544.5142972486
ycs
post Yesterday, 10:51 AM

3,241 posts

QUOTE(faiz293 @ Jun 14 2021, 10:33 AM)
Drinking SOL until i tried milkyway and never went back.

SOL's is good taste, but somehow I still need to add sugar to bring up the taste. With milkyway, no sugar needed. BTW, i drink latte.
whats milkyway?
lowkl
post Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Jun 14 2021, 10:51 AM)
whats milkyway?
user posted image

ycs
post Yesterday, 11:05 AM

3,241 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Jun 14 2021, 10:57 AM)
user posted image
i tot some coffee brand laugh.gif
doppatroll
post Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Enthusiast
865 posts

Is Milesto EM-20 a good espresso machine? Looking to buy one
kmleegwct P
post Yesterday, 11:19 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Jun 14 2021, 10:30 AM)
To each their own I guess? I'd rather take something more hassle but confirm can tahan some abuse than something that's cheaply made.

I'm no hardcore environmentalist, but if the machine broke down not repairable within a few months, that's a total waste and not environmentally friendly
My guess are you are referring to Milesto. You may be correct. There is not much information regarding these machine. Could Lowyat forumers please help to provide more info. icon_question.gif
faiz293
post Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Working from Home
591 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Jun 14 2021, 10:57 AM)
user posted image
QUOTE(ycs @ Jun 14 2021, 11:05 AM)
i tot some coffee brand laugh.gif
Actually where do u guys get your beans from?

You can download the apps called beanshipper, they have a lot of nice beans there, including gesha.

Milkyway is the series from ghostbirdcoffee, its a local roaster.

Here u go, can get it from shopee as well.

https://shopee.com.my/product/136734939/205...49-1623642164.9

If u want other taste, can search for caramel popcorn, sold by JWC.

For espresso, i have a friend that highly recommend pink panther, also from JWC.
air
post Yesterday, 11:44 AM

On my way
644 posts

QUOTE(imceobichi @ Jun 13 2021, 02:24 PM)
I don’t know about lowyat buddies

Many seem to be a fan of flair

It is a manual machine and can’t steam milk

Costing more than Rm1k

I rather go for a gemilai less than rm700 and whack the machine gao gao
Erm need to point out 2 things:

1. Gemilai which model cost less than RM700? And its thermoblock setup is not even decent to steam the milk properly as in steam volume I heard.
2. If you are serious about steaming milk properly, you will get a specialized milk steamer WPM MS-130T.

No point to bash a manual machine specialized for espresso, for the function they never promise you.

If you are trying to say Gemilai can do things a flair cant, what if I ask you:

1. Does Gemilai thermoblock able to maintain consistent temp on brewhead, during brew and steaming milk continuously? (even WPM K series semi-auto struggles)
2. Can a Gemilai adjust different pressure when doing espresso?
3. Is Gemilai 5KG+ consider portable enough to be move around without damage?

Dont even mention about the ease of cleaning/descaling/maintenance, & long term durability...

Flair Signature with PGK is a great tool for those who want to learn things as in Back2Basic... and of course it can produce very good espresso.
graphidz
post Yesterday, 01:12 PM

F.A.T.E
1,388 posts

QUOTE(kmleegwct @ Jun 14 2021, 11:19 AM)
My guess are you are referring to Milesto. You may be correct. There is not much information regarding these machine. Could Lowyat forumers please help to provide more info. icon_question.gif
You could probably get more information from underground coffee forum or some Chinese forums though
zellleonhart
post Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Stars stars stars
4,935 posts

QUOTE(CoffeeDude @ Jun 14 2021, 10:45 AM)
This Sol Coffee Roastery is very strange hmm.gif
Roasted coffee is cheaper than raw beans rclxub.gif

Roasted coffee 500g @ RM30
https://shopee.com.my/Single-Origin-(COLOMB...4544.5736983235

Raw coffee 500g @ RM35.90
https://shopee.com.my/100-ARABICA-Green-Cof...4544.5142972486
If you dip in the specialty coffee community a bit more, you'll know that not all coffee beans are the same. There are cheap, commodity grade green beans used by supermarket pre-ground brands and also specialty grade beans coming from a specific farm with good quality control; and anything in the middle.

The former costs only RM20-30 per 500g while the latter can costs RM60/200g or even up to RM150/100g depends on the rarity and many other factors.

As far as I know, SOL uses relatively low grade beans compared to other specialty coffee roasters, hence the price. Don't be fooled by their "Single Origin" label. Yes it's still single origin (meaning from a single country/region like Colombia) but it is not a high grade S/O.

The raw/green beans could be a different variant of colombian beens BUT on second thought I think it's also because green beans have less demand in the general consumer market.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th June 2021 - 06:13 PM