Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Coffee Lover v.2 Thread, Let's Share!

views

4lt4ir
post Jul 7 2020, 09:32 PM

{--} 7
1,397 posts

QUOTE(Sky.Live @ Jul 7 2020, 09:14 PM)
erm you can PM me if you want to see.. but I am not selling it, good for secondary grinder

tongue.gif
aaronwky
post Jul 8 2020, 08:37 AM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(frozen7 @ Jul 7 2020, 01:30 PM)
If that's the case I would go for Timemore.  biggrin.gif
By the way I can only find C2 in shopee but not in Taobao.
Is this 2 items the same?

Taobao Timemore C
Shopee C2
I bought mine for 180 during promotion. Legit Ori.
https://shopee.com.my/product/203853738/681...0867?smtt=0.0.9

This post has been edited by aaronwky: Jul 8 2020, 08:38 AM
frozen7
post Jul 8 2020, 09:07 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(4lt4ir @ Jul 7 2020, 08:17 PM)
I got my C2 for a tad above RM200 only smile.gif Anyway, good to know that the Commandante is only marginally better.
I have the C2 and both of those in the links you gave look identical to the one I have. The difference between C1 and C2 is that the grounds container for C2 isn't plastic.
I see. Thanks for the information

QUOTE(Sky.Live @ Jul 7 2020, 09:14 PM)
erm you can PM me if you want to see.. but I am not selling it, good for secondary grinder
I also shortlisted a lot of grinder, even the Kinu M47, in the end the price difference doesn't seems justifiable. What you get is similar grind quality, but better build quality.. my grinder can be a bit slippery, the handle might fall out sometimes
Thanks.

QUOTE(aaronwky @ Jul 8 2020, 08:37 AM)
Decided to get this as well. Ask my China supplier ship it to me. biggrin.gif
4lt4ir
post Jul 8 2020, 12:06 PM

{--} 7
1,397 posts

QUOTE(aaronwky @ Jul 8 2020, 08:37 AM)
Eh murah giler!
hungrygab P
post Jul 9 2020, 10:29 AM

Probation
0 posts

Hi guys, I'm planning to buy the Rocket Appartamento. Anyone here currently using this machine and got any feedback on the performance?

Also, what grinder did you get/would you recommend to pair with this machine?

dwRK
post Jul 9 2020, 08:45 PM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

QUOTE(MyHobby @ Jul 7 2020, 03:19 PM)
Hi dwRK, if your place is not too far to Myespresso, then consider visiting me when you hv time. 😀
sure...covid over I get new coffee first wink.gif
dwRK
post Jul 9 2020, 09:16 PM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

QUOTE(hungrygab @ Jul 9 2020, 10:29 AM)
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy the Rocket Appartamento. Anyone here currently using this machine and got any feedback on the performance?

Also, what grinder did you get/would you recommend to pair with this machine?
there was a new thread for this machine recently... may get better response there

these kind of machines usually perform quite similar...e61 needs more time to heat up or more heating flushes if you're in a rush... shot quality depends on the person, grinder, beans...machine comes last... so I can safely say it's gonna be very good for home use

if you're using in a shop, then the performance is in ease of use in making X consecutive good shots... gonna be hard finding feedback on this
squallx840
post Jul 11 2020, 02:25 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(Sky.Live @ Jul 4 2020, 06:16 PM)
got myself a linglong grinder, wow that feels like a major upgrade over my hario skeleton.
also got myself a pikamoka
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Nice. Which model did you get?
ymeng85
post Jul 12 2020, 12:28 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Jul 9 2020, 09:16 PM)
there was a new thread for this machine recently... may get better response there

these kind of machines usually perform quite similar...e61 needs more time to heat up or more heating flushes if you're in a rush... shot quality depends on the person, grinder, beans...machine comes last... so I can safely say it's gonna be very good for home use

if you're using in a shop, then the performance is in ease of use in making X consecutive good shots... gonna be hard finding feedback on this
The new Rockets come with power saving option and this is actually counter intuitive for shop as it messes with the water temps. Temps will drop as the powersaving kicks in when long periods of idle making it not up to temp when order suddenly in
For home, it's perfectly fine. Excellent machine

But same price, do note it's a HX boiler + vibration pump (loud) so buy it if you like the outlook/brand
Tikietic
post Jul 12 2020, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

That's why I reckoned comparing the appartamento with the WPM KD410.. dual boiler(with a thermoblock for additional temp stability), vibe pump, PID.. just doesn't come with an e61 head and the pricing is... Good; relative to the rocket.

Of course, market segment may differ ba..
dwRK
post Jul 13 2020, 11:12 AM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

QUOTE(Tikietic @ Jul 12 2020, 02:38 PM)
That's why I reckoned comparing the appartamento with the WPM KD410.. dual boiler(with a thermoblock for additional temp stability), vibe pump, PID.. just doesn't come with an e61 head and the pricing is... Good; relative to the rocket.

Of course, market segment may differ ba..
not sure purpose of thermoblock... maybe just for hot water wand... can't find much info on it

what is the local pricing? found some hkd & usd listing and it's not cheap ends up ~rm10k... same price segment but dual boiler vs e61 hx...
eohl79
post Jul 13 2020, 09:44 PM

3 posts

Anyone knows a source for Baratza Sette 270 gearbox spare part unit? Need to replace my machine’s external burr ring as it is worn. Double shimmed already, coarse grind setting is already at 3 and producing too much fines/powder at this point. I do have the replacement center burr but that alone isn't enough. Checked PPP, Singapore and a few online websites - all don't have it. Asked Baratza US tech support and they referred me to the Indonesia importer which had parts in stock but unfortunately they do not ship to Malaysia.

Also, was looking at a replacement primary grinder in the range of rm2 to rm4k. Was looking at conical burr Niche Zero, flat burr Mignon Specialita and Atom 65mm. Any users here? Looking for consistency and something durable with good after sales service/spare parts. Usually do 2 cups in the morning and 4 cups at night for home use. Baratza after sales and service now seems crippled after the onslaught of Covid19...
dwRK
post Jul 14 2020, 11:53 AM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

QUOTE(eohl79 @ Jul 13 2020, 09:44 PM)
Anyone knows a source for Baratza Sette 270 gearbox spare part unit? Need to replace my machine’s external burr ring as it is worn. Double shimmed already, coarse grind setting is already at 3 and producing too much fines/powder at this point. I do have the replacement center burr but that alone isn't enough. Checked PPP, Singapore and a few online websites - all don't have it. Asked Baratza US tech support and they referred me to the Indonesia importer which had parts in stock but unfortunately they do not ship to Malaysia.

Also, was looking at a replacement primary grinder in the range of rm2 to rm4k. Was looking at conical burr Niche Zero, flat burr Mignon Specialita and Atom 65mm. Any users here? Looking for consistency and something durable with good after sales service/spare parts. Usually do 2 cups in the morning and 4 cups at night for home use. Baratza after sales and service now seems crippled after the onslaught of Covid19...
niche zero too new no idea on reliability... commercial class equipment usually very durable... but yeah spending >5k you want a good standing company to back it up

baratza is cheaply made I usually ask ppl to avoid...
eohl79
post Jul 14 2020, 01:58 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Jul 14 2020, 11:53 AM)
niche zero too new no idea on reliability... commercial class equipment usually very durable... but yeah spending >5k you want a good standing company to back it up

baratza is cheaply made I usually ask ppl to avoid...
Yeah despite some of the “good” reviews on Niche Zero, there isn't a track record for both company and their product. Imo it is a really expensive featureless Single dosing grinder. Sette also had rave reviews when it was new but later had reliability issues a year down the road. Baratza did have parts and made their units very serviceable though. Just that I have a feeling Pulp MY/SG not importing/supporting Baratza anymore.

Anyway, finally found my Baratza Sette spare parts from Stella-M Singapore:
https://stellar-m.com/
graphidz
post Jul 14 2020, 02:02 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

i'm still eagerly waiting for for Fellow Ode Brew user reviews to come out. if that performs well, will probably make high end hand grinders obsolete (unless you're grinding finer though)
pierreye
post Jul 14 2020, 02:11 PM

Regular
1,305 posts

QUOTE(eohl79 @ Jul 13 2020, 09:44 PM)

I own the niche zero for less than 3 months so can't said about reliability. So far in home barista forum, those already own the unit for around 2 years didn't really have any major problem with the mechanical parts. Only few initially had some drifting issue and sweeper arm which are resolved easily. So far no one ever mention the plastic gearing problem and hard bean that stall the motor doesn't strip the gear. So far my grind very consistent and no drifting for the past few months. Just weight and grind. No cleaning up to do after that. In fact I like Niche Zero simplicity and don't have to worry about any electronics stuff. It does only one thing and do it good.

This post has been edited by pierreye: Jul 14 2020, 02:15 PM
eohl79
post Jul 14 2020, 02:31 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(pierreye @ Jul 14 2020, 02:11 PM)
I own the niche zero for less than 3 months so can't said about reliability. So far in home barista forum, those already own the unit for around 2 years didn't really have any major problem with the mechanical parts. Only few initially had some drifting issue and sweeper arm which are resolved easily. So far no one ever mention the plastic gearing problem and hard bean that stall the motor doesn't strip the gear. So far my grind very consistent and no drifting for the past few months. Just weight and grind. No cleaning up to do after that. In fact I like Niche Zero simplicity and don't have to worry about any electronics stuff. It does only one thing and do it good.
Mind sharing:
1. Do you use the NZ for pour over, espresso or both?
2. What kind of beans do you grind? Light, medium or dark roast? High altitude hard beans?
pierreye
post Jul 14 2020, 03:01 PM

Regular
1,305 posts

I only use for espresso mostly medium to medium dark roast. Not much adjustment needed when changing beans. Only few dot up/down to dial in the grind.
dwRK
post Jul 14 2020, 08:43 PM

the consummate chartist
5,114 posts

QUOTE(pierreye @ Jul 14 2020, 02:11 PM)
where you find info on plastic gearing? just trying to find more info

it looks to me like direct drive the way it's mounted... the motor looks like those high torque autogate dc motor...

teardown looks simple enough... don't expect much wear n tear because of the low speed...weakest link probably the dc inverter but that's easy to replace or mod...
pierreye
post Jul 15 2020, 08:28 AM

Regular
1,305 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Jul 14 2020, 08:43 PM)
where you find info on plastic gearing? just trying to find more info

it looks to me like direct drive the way it's mounted... the motor looks like those high torque autogate dc motor...

teardown looks simple enough... don't expect much wear n tear because of the low speed...weakest link probably the dc inverter but that's easy to replace or mod...
I done some research on Niche Zero before purchase and I think the design discussion is buried in Home Barista or CoffeeUK forum. It's using DC motor stepping down the speed to around 330 rpm using planetary gear. This also increase the torque like using lower gear in the car.

Found the review here:
https://www.nichecoffee.co.uk/wp-content/up...zero-review.pdf

This post has been edited by pierreye: Jul 15 2020, 08:33 AM

364 Pages « < 304 305 306 307 308 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:36 PM