QUOTE(maxguy @ Aug 9 2019, 11:53 AM)
user posted image
Thanks reframe coffee roasters, the beans is well received smile.gif
Thanks for the support! Enjoy biggrin.gif
markgrynko1472
post Aug 11 2019, 08:32 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Terence573 @ Jun 21 2019, 04:56 PM)
Didnt try to open it up yet...will see to it..

By manual grinders do you mean machine type or hand?

I've 2 manual hand grinders,can grind from very fine to coarse with no problem..but the con is need a bit patient and time lol.
I totally understand the struggle of manual grinders! But yeah, there are many pros too--like longevity (I think I've gone thru 2 electric grinders now and my manual grinder is still as sturdy as ever). Also, I get too conscious about cleaning it up, because there could be molds hiding deep within the parts. For manual ones it's easier to take them apart and clean the parts while for electric... it's a complex matter. But I try anyway, coz I didn't want the quality (and safety) of my coffee to suffer. I seriously suggest "deep cleaning" the grinder regularly (a simple cleaning procedure I follow is in here: https://coffeforus.com/howto-clean-coffee-grinder/)
jonuk P
post Aug 16 2019, 07:03 PM

Probation
6 posts

Recently I tried started to feel that im getting headaches whenever I dont drink coffee on the morning or for a longer period of time. Did some research on the net and stumbled upon this article on negative caffeine effects https://coffeforus.com/negative-caffeine-effects/. Decided to quit coffee for some time to see if I can break the habit.
jonuk P
post Aug 16 2019, 07:06 PM

Probation
6 posts

haha i can see that someone else has found this website, for a different article tho.
lowkl
post Aug 16 2019, 07:08 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(jonuk @ Aug 16 2019, 07:03 PM)
Recently I tried started to feel that im getting headaches whenever I dont drink coffee on the morning or for a longer period of time. Did some research on the net and stumbled upon this article on negative caffeine effects https://coffeforus.com/negative-caffeine-effects/. Decided to quit coffee for some time to see if I can break the habit.
You could try decaf.

But posting this on this forum is like telling you have become atheist in a religious forum!
Terence573
post Aug 16 2019, 11:01 PM

wow!!!!!
2,434 posts

QUOTE(markgrynko1472 @ Aug 11 2019, 09:32 AM)
I totally understand the struggle of manual grinders! But yeah, there are many pros too--like longevity (I think I've gone thru 2 electric grinders now and my manual grinder is still as sturdy as ever). Also, I get too conscious about cleaning it up, because there could be molds hiding deep within the parts. For manual ones it's easier to take them apart and clean the parts while for electric... it's a complex matter. But I try anyway, coz I didn't want the quality (and safety) of my coffee to suffer. I seriously suggest "deep cleaning" the grinder regularly (a simple cleaning procedure I follow is in here: https://coffeforus.com/howto-clean-coffee-grinder/)
Yes despite the kg89 being convenient and fast,it still doesn't grind consistent enough for a good espresso.Yesterday I tried to use back the basic ceramic burr grinder that I had been using and to my surprise the grind was far more consistent /finer than the kg89 and the shot didnt came out bitter as it did...maybe the kg89 just a bad grinder/investment...lol.any suggestion for a bang for buck grinder that does the job right? Online searches only show models that barely seen/sells here locally.
Terence573
post Aug 16 2019, 11:13 PM

wow!!!!!
2,434 posts

QUOTE(jonuk @ Aug 16 2019, 08:03 PM)
From what I read,I most likely to get the anxiety after drinking coffee...but I'm just oozing 1 regular cup of espresso in the morning.
dwRK
post Aug 17 2019, 10:15 AM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Aug 16 2019, 07:08 PM)
You could try decaf.

But posting this on this forum is like telling you have become atheist in a religious forum!
Lol

He said if don't drink got headache... so answer should be keep on drinking

This post has been edited by dwRK: Aug 17 2019, 10:18 AM
dwRK
post Aug 17 2019, 10:24 AM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(Terence573 @ Aug 16 2019, 11:01 PM)
Yes despite the kg89 being convenient and fast,it still doesn't grind consistent enough for a good espresso.Yesterday I tried to use back the basic ceramic burr grinder that I had been using and to my surprise the grind was far more consistent /finer than the kg89 and the shot didnt came out bitter as it did...maybe the kg89 just a bad grinder/investment...lol.any suggestion for a bang for buck grinder that does the job right? Online searches only show models thatΒ  barely seen/sells here locally.
Kg89 is not the standard measure of quality... it's for ppl with cheap hotel room coffee percolator

Ask our friend few post back where he got this grinder
user posted image
Should be cheap and good enough... this should have the trespade burrs...

One step up will be the mignon everyone is buying here smile.gif

This post has been edited by dwRK: Aug 17 2019, 01:13 PM
squallx840
post Aug 17 2019, 12:12 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(Terence573 @ Aug 16 2019, 11:01 PM)
Yes despite the kg89 being convenient and fast,it still doesn't grind consistent enough for a good espresso.Yesterday I tried to use back the basic ceramic burr grinder that I had been using and to my surprise the grind was far more consistent /finer than the kg89 and the shot didnt came out bitter as it did...maybe the kg89 just a bad grinder/investment...lol.any suggestion for a bang for buck grinder that does the job right? Online searches only show models that  barely seen/sells here locally.
What is your budget for new grinder?

Would highly recommend a premium hand grinder(steel burrs) if you just make 3-4 cups a day.

Else , maybe a secondhand electric grinder.

I think lowkl is letting go his Eureka Mignon. Can contact him if you are interested.
Terence573
post Aug 18 2019, 11:57 AM

wow!!!!!
2,434 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Aug 17 2019, 11:24 AM)
Kg89 is not the standard measure of quality... it's for ppl with cheap hotel room coffee percolator

Ask our friend few post back where he got this grinder
user posted image
Should be cheap and good enough... this should have the trespade burrs...

One step up will be the mignon everyone is buying here smile.gif
user posted image

Is this the mignon? Quite budget friend8ly at rm3xx.

#update : it seems lazada sells only the hopper only...πŸ˜“

This post has been edited by Terence573: Aug 18 2019, 01:20 PM
dwRK
post Aug 18 2019, 01:46 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

QUOTE(Terence573 @ Aug 18 2019, 11:57 AM)
user posted image

The mignon got a few versions...cheapest should be below RM 1.5k
ymeng85
post Aug 18 2019, 07:10 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Terence573 @ Aug 18 2019, 11:57 AM)
user posted image

I think that's just the price of the short hopper

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0912sec    1.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 10:49 AM