Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

364 Pages « < 195 196 197 198 199 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Coffee Lover v.2 Thread, Let's Share!

views

jaga
post Jun 25 2018, 04:01 PM

16 posts

In need of a new home. Anybody interested in a Rocket Cellini Evoluzione?

Used in home environment. This one have rotary pump, can plumb in if you so wish - perfect working condition, no leaking, no obvious scratch.
ymeng85
post Jun 25 2018, 09:38 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(jaga @ Jun 25 2018, 04:01 PM)
In need of a new home. Anybody interested in a Rocket Cellini Evoluzione?

Used in  home environment. This one have rotary pump, can plumb in if you so wish - perfect working condition, no leaking, no obvious scratch.
I can ask around. How much are you looking for it?
jaga
post Jun 26 2018, 09:17 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(ymeng85 @ Jun 25 2018, 09:38 PM)
I can ask around. How much are you looking for it?
Say 3.5K and I'll throw in a Macap M4, in excellent condition too

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

This post has been edited by jaga: Jun 28 2018, 09:48 AM
BacktoBasics
post Jun 28 2018, 10:01 AM

Regular
1,799 posts

Hi there, I am a coffee drinker. Not an expert.

Currently I use cold brew technique, aeropress and French press to make my coffee

I am currently looking for an espresso machine that is on a budget but still makes a good cup of espresso, latte and etc

Any recommendation? I think the cheapest in the market is delonghi dedica 685? About rm 1k

Anyone using it or other recommendation for a budgeted machine?

Thanks
qqmeng
post Jun 28 2018, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,097 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Jun 28 2018, 10:01 AM)

Currently I use cold brew technique, aeropress and French press to make my coffee

I am currently looking for an espresso machine that is on a budget but still makes a good cup of espresso, latte and etc

Any recommendation? I think the cheapest in the market is delonghi dedica 685? About rm 1k

Thanks
Coming from a beginner just like you. I started off just like u not long ago too.

I attended classes and all.... and few mths back i proudly got myself a breville barista express and was very happy with it........... For 2 mths

Now i regret not getting a better machine...

BacktoBasics
post Jun 28 2018, 11:23 AM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(qqmeng @ Jun 28 2018, 11:04 AM)
Coming from a beginner just like you. I started off just like u not long ago too.

I attended classes and all.... and few mths back i proudly got myself a breville barista express and was very happy with it........... For 2 mths

Now i regret not getting a better machine...
So in short delonghi is a no go??

What’s the difference by the way?
lowkl
post Jun 28 2018, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Jun 28 2018, 10:01 AM)

Thanks
Firstly, and FAR more importantly....have you got your grinder sorted out? Espresso is totally unforgiving in terms of grinder quality... consistency, fineness, and adjustability.

I think after much research you will find all budget espresso machines sorely lacking in many aspects. Things begin to get acceptable at the RM3k level with Breville machines, but there are still compromises. Of course secondhand units are good deals but it takes time and patience to come across the one that fits your requirements and budget.

If you are open to considering another option, the Flair espresso maker will meet your sub-RM1k budget. If you research the forums you will find nearly unanimous agreement the device pulls fantastic espresso.
BacktoBasics
post Jun 28 2018, 11:32 AM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Jun 28 2018, 11:26 AM)
Firstly, and FAR more importantly....have you got your grinder sorted out? Espresso is totally unforgiving in terms of grinder quality... consistency, fineness, and adjustability.

I think after much research you will find all budget espresso machines sorely lacking in many aspects. Things begin to get acceptable at the RM3k level with Breville machines, but there are still compromises. Of course secondhand units are good deals but it takes time and patience to come across the one that fits your requirements and budget.

If you are open to considering another option, the Flair espresso maker will meet your sub-RM1k budget. If you research the forums you will find nearly unanimous agreement the device pulls fantastic espresso.
I have a delonghi electric grinder. I buy fresh coffee beans and grinds them before making them.

I am not sure if a more expensive machine would make better coffee or not. But I think the quality beans play a more important role in the taste of the coffee.

Just like one can use a world class professional cooking wares but cooks with low quality unfresh ingredients will taste like crap.

In your honest opinion, for a beginner like me who doesn’t aspire to be a professional barista but still wants to make decent espresso and latte at my comfort of my small apartment without splurging on lousy and expensive coffee at Starbucks and cafes.

Which machine would you recommend? I don’t need a fancy big machine as my apartment is very small. And I am the only one drinking coffee at my place.

This post has been edited by BacktoBasics: Jun 28 2018, 11:33 AM
qqmeng
post Jun 28 2018, 11:55 AM

Regular
1,097 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Jun 28 2018, 11:32 AM)
I have a delonghi electric grinder. I buy fresh coffee beans and grinds them before making them.

I am not sure if a more expensive machine would make better coffee or not. But I think the quality beans play a more important role in the taste of the coffee.

Just like one can use a world class professional cooking wares but cooks with low quality unfresh ingredients will taste like crap.

In your honest opinion, for a beginner like me who doesn’t aspire to be a professional barista but still wants to make decent espresso and latte at my comfort of my small apartment without splurging on lousy and expensive coffee at Starbucks and cafes.

Which machine would you recommend? I don’t need a fancy big machine as my apartment is very small. And I am the only one drinking coffee at my place.
Breville's barista express is a good start at 3k.

many wld frown if i say this, maybe u can consider capsule coffee like nespresso?

Castreal
post Jun 28 2018, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(jaga @ Jun 26 2018, 09:17 AM)
Say 3.5K and I'll throw in a Macap M4, in excellent condition too

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

@BacktoBasics,

The unit jaga is selling above is one of the better brands IMHO, and 3.5K for both the Macap & Rocket would be a steal (if he is selling as a package), also IMHO.
Of course this is under the assumption if the machines are still working well biggrin.gif Prices for brand new units of these combo is easily more than RM 10k.
Personally, I'm using Breville DB, and it has been serving me well for the past 3 years.
lowkl
post Jun 28 2018, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

100% agree that bean quality and freshness is most critical. No machine no matter how fantastic can ever compensate for poor quality or stale beans.

At some point you may want to consider home roasting, like a bunch of us have......

Best bang for buck and a setup which meets your budget and you won't regret will be a premium hand grinder from China, coupled with a Flair. In addition to generating great coffee and meeting your budget, the entire setup is portable!

BacktoBasics
post Jun 28 2018, 01:48 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(qqmeng @ Jun 28 2018, 11:55 AM)
Breville's barista express is a good start at 3k.

many wld frown if i say this, maybe u can consider capsule coffee like nespresso?
I prefer to use fresh beans and make them myself and nespresso coffee is decent but not what I am looking for.

So I think those instant capsule ones are out of my option. Plus they are more expensive in the long run
BacktoBasics
post Jun 28 2018, 01:49 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(Castreal @ Jun 28 2018, 12:06 PM)
@BacktoBasics,

The unit jaga is selling above is one of the better brands IMHO, and 3.5K for both the Macap & Rocket would be a steal (if he is selling as a package), also IMHO.
Of course this is under the assumption if the machines are still working well  biggrin.gif Prices for brand new units of these combo is easily more than RM 10k.
Personally, I'm using Breville DB, and it has been serving me well for the past 3 years.
Noted with thanks. Will look into it after some research.
BacktoBasics
post Jun 28 2018, 01:51 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Jun 28 2018, 12:08 PM)
100% agree that bean quality and freshness is most critical. No machine no matter how fantastic can ever compensate for poor quality or stale beans.

At some point you may want to consider home roasting, like a bunch of us have......

Best bang for buck and a setup which meets your budget and you won't regret will be a premium hand grinder from China, coupled with a Flair. In addition to generating great coffee and meeting your budget, the entire setup is portable!
I took a quick look at flair machine that you mention. It is about 199 usd which is about almost rm 1k. However, it doesn’t have the function to steam milk to make latte and etc.

qqmeng
post Jun 28 2018, 01:59 PM

Regular
1,097 posts

QUOTE(Castreal @ Jun 28 2018, 12:06 PM)
@BacktoBasics,

Of course this is under the assumption if the machines are still working well  biggrin.gif Prices for brand new units of these combo is easily more than RM 10k.
Absolutely agree on this! I was seriously considering this too haha
lowkl
post Jun 28 2018, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Jun 28 2018, 01:51 PM)
I took a quick look at flair machine that you mention. It is about 199 usd which is about almost rm 1k. However, it doesn’t have the function to steam milk to make latte and etc.
True. The Flair people are coming out with a separate milk steamer in a few months, so that's an option.

You can also check out Dritan Alsela's video on how your existing French Press can do a decent foamed milk.
Keng
post Jun 28 2018, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(JC_jun @ Jun 20 2018, 01:20 AM)
i see sifu here recommending flair, but if i want to do milk based drink then i have to buy a milk frother. for those who use flair, how you guys do the milk frothing?
i have a Baratza Encore electric grinder and OE Lido 3 manual grinder, planning to tweak my current grinder to see whether it can produce grind size suitable for espresso, i understand how important is a grinder and why stepless adjustment is important in getting the right grind size for espresso.

i have some planning, after getting a flair or maybe any used machine, then buy grinder suitable for espresso.
If wanna keep to budget, u can use that flair & then use french press to froth milk.

grinder suitable for espresso? what grinder you using at the moment?
BacktoBasics
post Jun 28 2018, 02:30 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(lowkl @ Jun 28 2018, 02:04 PM)
True. The Flair people are coming out with a separate milk steamer in a few months, so that's an option.

You can also check out Dritan Alsela's video on how your existing French Press can do a decent foamed milk.
Alright noted with thanks. Now to do some research.

I do notice that delonghi don’t seemed too popular at least in this Lowyat coffee thread lol

Is it really that bad?
BacktoBasics
post Jun 28 2018, 02:32 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(Keng @ Jun 28 2018, 02:05 PM)
If wanna keep to budget, u can use that flair & then use french press to froth milk.

grinder suitable for espresso? what grinder you using at the moment?
If I am using delonghi kg89.

Is it good enough for espresso??
squallx840
post Jun 28 2018, 03:18 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Jun 28 2018, 02:32 PM)
If I am using delonghi kg89.

Is it good enough for espresso??
I have the same grinder, and the answer is no.

If you are on a budget, do consider a manual hand grinder from China as recommended by lowkl.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10....id=539696451330

You can read the comparison/ review for it against the more expensive german hand grinder Kinu m47 few pages back.

364 Pages « < 195 196 197 198 199 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:23 PM