Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Coffee Lover v.2 Thread, Let's Share!

Castreal
post Nov 20 2017, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(ycs @ Nov 20 2017, 10:08 AM)
bring back, not refridgerated, still can use?
I think la, she used dry ice in ice pack. Didn't ask cos they are used to these kind of stuff doing trading and sourcing for materials/ingredients.
Still can use thumbup.gif

QUOTE(ymeng85 @ Nov 20 2017, 10:56 AM)
I'm curious, but then again I'm in Penang  cry.gif
Tasting on its own, my wife said it's the best fresh milk she had ever tasted (very creamy, not sweet) she does have high standards for her fresh milk, drinking from a young age.
Brewed a cuppa and added the frothed milk to taste. My opinion, this is really fresh milk, you can even taste the rawness of the milk within the latte.

So questions is, to the latte/cappuccino milk based espresso lovers out there, would you guys prefer your coffee with a bit of "raw" aftertaste?
watabakiu
post Nov 20 2017, 07:57 PM

Casual

One no0b question.... is Nespresso related to Nescafe?
locoroco2
post Nov 20 2017, 08:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(watabakiu @ Nov 20 2017, 07:57 PM)
One no0b question.... is Nespresso related to Nescafe?
Both under Nestlé... Different father same mother..

ymeng85
post Nov 20 2017, 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Castreal @ Nov 20 2017, 11:27 AM)
I think la, she used dry ice in ice pack. Didn't ask cos they are used to these kind of stuff doing trading and sourcing for materials/ingredients.
Still can use  thumbup.gif
Tasting on its own, my wife said it's the best fresh milk she had ever tasted (very creamy, not sweet) she does have high standards for her fresh milk, drinking from a young age.
Brewed a cuppa and added the frothed milk to taste. My opinion, this is really fresh milk, you can even taste the rawness of the milk within the latte.

So questions is, to the latte/cappuccino milk based espresso lovers out there, would you guys prefer your coffee with a bit of "raw" aftertaste?
I'm looking for a "weaker" milk for use with more delicate coffees - ethiopians, geishas etc. Curious if it would be more suitable
The "raw" you're describing sounds like the milk taste would be stronger?
Castreal
post Yesterday, 12:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ymeng85 @ Nov 20 2017, 10:43 PM)
I'm looking for a "weaker" milk for use with more delicate coffees - ethiopians, geishas etc. Curious if it would be more suitable
The "raw" you're describing sounds like the milk taste would be stronger?
By weaker you mean the drinker should have an aftertaste of coffee, and not milk right? I'm used to magnolia and I think I don't really taste the milk in the latte.
The "Raw" I'm describing is the pure raw taste of freshly squeezed milk, and yes the milk taste is very strong, there is definitely a hint of raw milk aftertaste in the latte (sumatra mandheling beans).

wenloong78
post Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(built @ Nov 10 2017, 08:38 PM)
Mister Coffee is selling 500g Arabic a for RM30.
http://mistercoffee.com.my/buynow/index.ph...gory&path=73_68
cut and paste if the link don't work.
attracting price but it is under their Regular coffee series instead of espresso series, can we brew it with espresso machine?

kk131
post Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Castreal @ Nov 21 2017, 12:04 AM)
By weaker you mean the drinker should have an aftertaste of coffee, and not milk right? I'm used to magnolia and I think I don't really taste the milk in the latte.
The "Raw" I'm describing is the pure raw taste of freshly squeezed milk, and yes the milk taste is very strong, there is definitely a hint of raw milk aftertaste in the latte (sumatra mandheling beans).
A lot of the 'fresh' milk sold in Malaysia is actually reconstituted powdered milk, much of it with added 'íngredients' such as sucrose & flavouring. I don't know if Magnolia full cream milk is reconstituted but their low fat is totally not milk. Seems that these dairy companies do their best to obfuscate the true ingredients of their products. Having drunk raw milk delivered from the farm until I was 18, I find it very difficult to buy real fresh milk here. Tesco brand is pretty close, I don't know which dairy company is supplying them.

This post has been edited by kk131: Yesterday, 10:09 AM
lowkl
post Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Getting Started

Just tried Yarra milk by Farm fresh....really like it. Hope the price remains reasonable and easily available.

For those looking for "raw" milk, perhaps you can try getting unpasteurised milk from the suppliers of milk to Indian cuisine restaurants. I know quite a few people like it with local kopitiam coffee, but personally too strong milk taste for me.
Dan430
post Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(lowkl @ Nov 21 2017, 10:03 AM)
Just tried Yarra milk by Farm fresh....really like it. Hope the price remains reasonable and easily available.

For those looking for "raw" milk, perhaps you can try getting unpasteurised milk from the suppliers of milk to Indian cuisine restaurants. I know quite a few people like it with local kopitiam coffee, but personally too strong milk taste for me.
hmm.gif indian cuisine restaurant don't use cows milk i think its highly likely goats milk. anyone tried with goats milk? confused.gif
Castreal
post Yesterday, 10:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kk131 @ Nov 21 2017, 09:56 AM)
A lot of the 'fresh' milk sold in Malaysia is actually reconstituted powdered milk, much of it with added 'íngredients' such as sucrose & flavouring. I don't know if Magnolia full cream milk is reconstituted but their low fat is totally not milk. Seems that these dairy companies do their best to obfuscate the true ingredients of their products. Having drunk raw milk delivered from the farm until I was 18, I find it very difficult to buy real fresh milk here. Tesco brand is pretty close, I don't know which dairy company is supplying them.
I think the "Fresh" ones are probably the local ones, FarmFresh, Magnolia...etc
According to a source, those imported from Australia are rarely fresh, most if not all have been processed. One of the challenges for these imported milk is the freshness, if local FarmFresh delivers them from farm to shop in 2 days, its going to be more challenging (in terms of cost) for these imported milk. That's one of the points in which my friend is looking into.

QUOTE(lowkl @ Nov 21 2017, 10:03 AM)

Haven't tried Yarra, seems to be cheaper than Magnolia (most retails had increased Magnolia's price to RM9!) is it good with milk coffee? and Raw taste?
built
post Yesterday, 12:14 PM

QUOTE(wenloong78 @ Nov 21 2017, 09:26 AM)
attracting price but it is under their Regular coffee series instead of espresso series, can we brew it with espresso machine?

i am a believer that coffee and brewing method are two different subject.
therefore, my answer is yes... can brew with espresso machine. however,
i do not know if you will like it. others may have different opinion.

mr. coffee should be able to provide you the info on their coffee.

ymeng85
post Yesterday, 01:53 PM

QUOTE(built @ Nov 21 2017, 12:14 PM)
i am a believer that coffee and brewing method are two different subject.
therefore, my answer is yes... can brew with espresso machine. however,
i do not know if you will like it. others may have different opinion.

mr. coffee should be able to provide you the info on their coffee.
Yes, any coffee can be pulled on an espresso machine provided the grind is find enough and coffee is fresh enough
However, the taste is purely on you. Nice or not is up to you to decide smile.gif

wenloong78
post Yesterday, 02:38 PM

Enthusiast

asked mister coffee, they recommend to use their espresso series
built
post Yesterday, 04:51 PM

QUOTE(wenloong78 @ Nov 21 2017, 02:38 PM)
asked mister coffee, they recommend to use their espresso series

took a peep, RM30 to 59 for 500g is still good price.

do also read the comparison with ymeng85's coffee
posted recently if you are looking at alternative.

wenloong78
post Yesterday, 07:41 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(built @ Nov 21 2017, 04:51 PM)

yes, i read about that but currently i prefer to look for budget espresso coffee, reasons are i very new in brewing coffee (2months) and i still dont have a coffee grinder.

ymeng85's coffee seem like more premium coffee to me, will try his coffee when i had bought a grinder.
built
post Yesterday, 09:47 PM

QUOTE(wenloong78 @ Nov 21 2017, 07:41 PM)
...i still dont have a coffee grinder.
are you planning on buying ground coffee (coffee powder)?

This post has been edited by built: Yesterday, 09:50 PM
ycs
post Yesterday, 09:51 PM

QUOTE(built @ Nov 21 2017, 04:51 PM)

i tried their beans sometime ago, its only just tolerable, i suppose thats why its cheap-er laugh.gif
built
post Yesterday, 10:38 PM

QUOTE(ycs @ Nov 21 2017, 09:51 PM)
i tried their beans sometime ago, its only just tolerable, i suppose thats why its cheap-er laugh.gif

i suppose its ok if expectation is not high lor... plus there is also budget to consider.

This post has been edited by built: Yesterday, 10:43 PM
wenloong78
post Today, 08:36 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(built @ Nov 21 2017, 09:47 PM)
are you planning on buying ground coffee (coffee powder)?
yup, thats also the reason i dont look for premium coffee at this moment.
built
post Today, 10:24 AM

QUOTE(wenloong78 @ Nov 22 2017, 08:36 AM)
yup, thats also the reason i dont look for premium coffee at this moment.

i will take it that you already know the disadvantages in buying ground coffee.
what about the espresso machine?

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0868sec    5.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:35 PM