Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

For newbie to invest Stock Market, Starting from RM1000 to do investment

views

magnumao
post Dec 28 2006, 06:03 PM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(magnum @ Dec 28 2006, 05:49 PM)
how do i buy call warrants? and is it only valid for 2 yrs? or depend on the company? waht is teh shortest duration that i have to sell off the warrant?
warrants, call warrants, loan stocks all can be traded in bursa like normal shares. the only difference is they come with a maturity date, which shares do not have. you can trade them freely before the maturity date. when comes to maturity date, either u exercise it, or habis lah your money!
lipkhin
post Dec 28 2006, 06:23 PM

Regular
1,390 posts

--- deleted ---

This post has been edited by lipkhin: Dec 1 2010, 02:54 AM
Polaris
post Dec 28 2006, 06:33 PM

Trust Fund Baby
2,850 posts

QUOTE(rstusa @ Dec 15 2006, 12:30 PM)
I'm a newbie here, very interested to do investment to stock market starting from RM1000 but no direction & experience on how to do that, any expert can help here?
Step #1: Get some knowledge by asking experienced traders to recommend you some good books to read b4 u plunge. Otherwise you'll just chase the stupid money with no direction, make a lot of noob mistakes and lose your 1000.

Step #2: Practice virtual trading with some friends and learn from each other

Step #3: Apply what works and ditch what doesn't in real trades.

Step #4: Don't get emotional and break the rules. Set numbers and stick to it, don't get too greedy.

Step #5: Do your homework each time but don't become a trading zombie, set hours and sticj to it.
investmentlink
post Dec 28 2006, 11:13 PM

Casual
316 posts

Open the newspaper with latest update...compare the PE & NTA

current price lower then NTA...price trade at discount level
(n/a to properties stock since the NTA mainly consist of land value cause the NTA high)

without PE number mean the company loss
High PE (e.g. > 15) mean the price is risky
low PE (e.g. <8) mostly a good buy!
GSPierre
post Dec 30 2006, 09:54 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

this is jus one of the way... it doesn't mean that it will increase in the future....
u can buy share at discount.. but still losing money.....
=) i rather rely on financial statement and analyse through comparative figures.... of cuz... with ratio as well....
d12fren87
post Dec 31 2006, 10:59 AM

Enthusiast
724 posts

dont invest for short term,if u r not expert.
invest in safer company,understand the compny 1st.
safe company's share price may not be so active,but at least the the risk is low.

ante5k
post Dec 31 2006, 12:44 PM

Antediluvian
1,173 posts

QUOTE(rstusa @ Dec 15 2006, 12:30 PM)
I'm a newbie here, very interested to do investment to stock market starting from RM1000 but no direction & experience on how to do that, any expert can help here?
With RM1k, i would suggest you buy a few books first and read how stock markets works.
penangmee
post Jan 1 2007, 11:37 AM

On my way
633 posts

QUOTE(magnumao @ Dec 28 2006, 06:03 PM)
warrants, call warrants, loan stocks all can be traded in bursa like normal shares. the only difference is they come with a maturity date, which shares do not have. you can trade them freely before the maturity date. when comes to maturity date, either u exercise it, or habis lah your money!
Call warrant - at maturity date not habislah. If close at premium, then settlement is at cash basis ie the issueing Co will pay you the difference. If close at discount baru habis. So if 2 day maturity then almost same as contra trading but fixed downside exposure.
lawsh
post Jan 3 2007, 09:48 AM

Cikurity
6,785 posts

anyone can recommend me a website that can track certain stocks in KLSE?
mucklampir
post Jan 3 2007, 12:30 PM

Casual
318 posts

hi got question,

when we want to sell share, should we find buyer? becoz previously i read that institution investor have difficulty when they want to sell their share becoz they need to find buyer if any. or is it becoz they do the process directly? i thought all common stock buy/sell undergo through secondary counter

cherroy
post Jan 3 2007, 03:32 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

Foreign fund managers did complain KLSE is lack of liquidity i.e. means that the shares circulation in the market is too little only 20-30% of the company total shares is being traded, others 70% portion is held by its large shareholders like PNG, EPF and its own 'CEO' which are not intended to be traded.

So with low liquidity in the market, imagine a foreign fund carry 1 billion (which is just a medium size comparable) come in to invest in KLSE, the shares surely shoot up drastically due to not much seller in the market, so the more they buy they more expensive the shares they bought, if you are a genuine long term investor, you don't want to buy at higher price, isn't it. (You want to buy low then it appreciate). On the other hand, when they want to 'cabut' while in the hand you got 10 million shares then they will find some difficulty to dispose easily without causing the share price to plunge significantly.
So with low liquidity, it is hard to attract large fund to come in that's why gov keen on the mega merger of Synergy Drive to lure foreign investors into KLSE which local fund has been the only piler in the market espeically EPF and PNB.

For retailers, you have no problem of buying and dispose (surely got buyer and seller in the market) unless you traded more than a million shares then different story.
readix
post Jan 4 2007, 12:56 AM

Casual
305 posts

QUOTE(lipkhin @ Dec 28 2006, 06:23 PM)
http://www.itradecimb.com/ is real stock trading site
http://game.itradecimb.com/ only is the simulation game
i get ERROR 404 on both links sad.gif
mucklampir
post Jan 5 2007, 11:48 AM

Casual
318 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jan 3 2007, 03:32 PM)
Foreign fund managers did complain KLSE is lack of liquidity i.e. means that the shares circulation in the market is too little only 20-30% of the company total shares is being traded, others 70% portion is held by its large shareholders like PNG, EPF and its own 'CEO' which are not intended to be traded.

So with low liquidity in the market, imagine a foreign fund carry 1 billion (which is just a medium size comparable) come in to invest in KLSE, the shares surely shoot up drastically due to not much seller in the market, so the more they buy they more expensive the shares they bought, if you are a genuine long term investor, you don't want to buy at higher price, isn't it. (You want to buy low then it appreciate). On the other hand, when they want to 'cabut' while in the hand you got 10 million shares then they will find some difficulty to dispose easily without causing the share price to plunge significantly.
So with low liquidity, it is hard to attract large fund to come in that's why gov keen on the mega merger of Synergy Drive to lure foreign investors into KLSE which local fund has been the only piler in the market espeically EPF and PNB.

For retailers, you have no problem of buying and dispose (surely got buyer and seller in the market) unless you traded more than a million shares then different story.
the rules 30% bumi equity apply to all listed company? how they calculate dis? including retail investor or instituional onli? and how if they don want to comply this like DIGI. delisted?

leekk8
post Jan 5 2007, 12:13 PM

Regular
1,059 posts

QUOTE(readix @ Jan 4 2007, 12:56 AM)
i get ERROR 404 on both links  sad.gif
I have no problem to access both website...please check your internet connectivity.
Z.O.E
post Jan 5 2007, 08:28 PM

21 posts

Just a point of view of mine, if he has Rm 1k only and he wants to start investing, how bout going to those stabel companies with high dy. For exmaple, he bought a lot of BJ toto for around RM500, let it grow through the years first and another RM 500 to try experimenting with other stocks(high volality one). Try to gain experience from this.

But before that, i encourage u go to buy books like I Love Stocks by Pauline Yong(which is very local) to get familar with options we may use in the stock market as well as some basic analysing tools such as the P/E ratio, NTA or ROE.

A question from me(the noob) to the pros, dividend are paid when the financial year of the company ends rite? so, who is entitled to get the dividends? I mean is it neccessary for my stocks to be 1 year old to get the dividends? The dy(%) in newspaper are for the previous year or the coming end of the financial year? Really blur in this stuff and really need help. thanks.
magnumao
post Jan 5 2007, 10:14 PM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(penangmee @ Jan 1 2007, 11:37 AM)
Call warrant - at maturity date not habislah. If  close at premium, then settlement is at cash basis ie the issueing Co will pay you the difference. If close at discount baru habis. So if 2 day maturity then  almost same as contra trading but fixed downside exposure.
Hi
can you elaborate more on this? dont really understand.
if can pls give a simple illustration
thanks in advance
jAs0N-.-"
post Jan 25 2007, 03:46 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(ckeenkheong85 @ Dec 16 2006, 01:59 AM)
guys don't make him more confuse la, haha, newbie. a few steps for u before getting to real-time stock investment, y not u go try with the virtual stock market game by CIMB which is a practice for u to prepare

genting stock price for the moment seems like overvalued already, the PE damn high, the price today closed at RM32, less 50 cents from yesterday, the PE is 18++ pointer, for me, i wont go for it with small amount u have for invest (like u earn nothing), at least u have 5k

i think u should learn how to become a value investor, try to find those company with undervalued stocks but with a strong fundamental so that u can invest with more confident, try to grasp more knowledge in stock market, learn first, try the virtual market game to gain more experience, one more important thing is PATIENT.

* I have a group of course mate, all of us always discuss and exchange idea in investment, one of my course mate never try stock market before, the first time he try, he use money from his father, he use all the 10K his father give him, not more than 10 minutes, he loss 900 bucks edi, haha, the morale of the story, learn and dun treat it like gambling, now he is much more wiser and not so emotional, now earning in a steady growth  thumbup.gif
hai, a newbie and noob here ..
and i would likr to knwo wat the defination for value investor?
investopedia.com<---this link really rclxub.gif confused me...
do really investment on all this stoks(so called) or margin etc..really a good starting to gain my 1st bucket of gold?
icon_question.gif willing to learn from u all.... doh.gif paiseh
mucklampir
post Jan 25 2007, 07:08 PM

Casual
318 posts

QUOTE(jAs0N-.-" @ Jan 25 2007, 03:46 PM)
hai, a newbie and noob here ..
and i would likr to knwo wat the defination for value investor?
investopedia.com<---this link really  rclxub.gif  confused me...
do really investment on all this stoks(so called) or margin etc..really a good starting to gain my 1st bucket of gold?
icon_question.gif willing to learn from u all.... doh.gif paiseh
value investor use fundamental analysis to buy a stock base on the business. he believe if the company's business is gud, then the stock will follow it accordingly. so to be a value investor u need to know the business and how it ticks

opposite to value investor is trader which use technical analysis. it base on chart. it predict the the market movement and believe history will repeat itself

TSrstusa
post Jan 25 2007, 07:40 PM

Regular
1,798 posts

Can you guys just show us (newbie) what shares to invest for the time now? How much to invest? And etc, ok? Thanks!
jAs0N-.-"
post Jan 25 2007, 08:12 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(mucklampir @ Jan 25 2007, 07:08 PM)
value investor use fundamental analysis to buy a stock base on the business. he believe if the company's business is gud, then the stock will follow it accordingly. so to be a value investor u need to know the business and how it ticks

opposite to value investor is trader which use technical analysis. it base on chart. it predict the the market movement and believe history will repeat itself
thanks. wub.gif ..and how or where i can involve myself into it?

i had my law degree for suc a long time..now onli i start make a learning on all this...shame lol... blush.gif icon_rolleyes.gif but never stop learning....hehehe

anything that need to pay more attention on? news ?

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:08 AM