Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to take care baby in the middle of the night?, For first time father like myself

views

Mr.PostMan
post Dec 28 2015, 05:40 PM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(jamesteoh8177 @ Dec 28 2015, 05:37 PM)
"patience" is the key.

lose it and all hell breaks loose...
you got it right my friend. my definition of all hell's break loose when i need to dodge incoming pee and poop lol.
ychlee
post Dec 28 2015, 06:00 PM

On my way
601 posts

How old are they now, and how many kids u have?
andrekua2
post Dec 28 2015, 11:16 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

QUOTE(ychlee @ Dec 28 2015, 07:07 AM)
Noted.
Will try and see if it helps me n my wife. smile.gif
Since u mentioned from day one, how often u wake up in the middle of night to feed?
First month will be quite frequent for sure (Every 2-3hours. I heard that breast milk will be even more frequent. Mine are on FM). However, the most important is your baby will do you a favor or not. My elder son was not very cooperative, drink very slowly. Younger son more cooperative, thus having better sleep. First week also usually more troublesome as baby get used to disgesting food for first time. Expect poo every now and then.

Just get used to changing diaper, wrapping baby and feeding+burping at first. Get a good rash cream since you will definitely need it. Personally I would recommend DKSH Sudocream. I dont know about your preference, since some would strongly against such product and will opt for more organic product. For me, I just dont really care, because all I want is fast healing. I can tell you that Sudocream works like charm, apply it tonight, rashes will be 90% gone tomorrow morning. If baby is more comfortable and less annoyed by the itching rashes, chances are they will also sleep better and less likely to awake even when they pee or pass motion.

As for the cradle, I really cant recall very clearly about it. There's another particular reason why I love using electric cradle was because of feeding. I cant exactly remember when but after few months, we dont really feed him physically. Just on the cradle, and position the feeding bottle supported by the napkin to his mouth. He fall asleep automatically after feeding (We do try to burp him for 15minutes or so at first. However we did stop burping after some time, its just that I cant really recall how many months when we stopped burping).

As for taking turns to look after the baby, its better to let one of you to look after the baby while the other one go to sleep/rest. You are going to need to rotate for sure. Therefore if possible, dont do it together especially at night. We only did it together when baby having special condition like fever, or when she/I needed extra hand in doing something urgent.

This post has been edited by andrekua2: Dec 28 2015, 11:23 PM
andrekua2
post Dec 28 2015, 11:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

QUOTE(jamesteoh8177 @ Dec 28 2015, 05:37 PM)
"patience" is the key.

lose it and all hell breaks loose...
QUOTE(Mr.PostMan @ Dec 28 2015, 05:40 PM)
you got it right my friend. my definition of all hell's break loose when i need to dodge incoming pee and poop lol.
I think he is referring to your relationship with your wife...

Mine was quite crazy with the first kid...
Mr.PostMan
post Dec 29 2015, 09:08 AM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Dec 28 2015, 11:25 PM)
I think he is referring to your relationship with your wife...

Mine was quite crazy with the first kid...
If relationship with wife, well patience is key too of course but the handling is different tongue.gif
panda-man
post Dec 29 2015, 09:13 AM

PSN: hutazi
2,687 posts

for new fathers, you need to understand that a baby cannot communicate. they cry for any number of reasons. too tired cry, too hungry cry, hot, cold, poo, pee, itch they cant scratch, bored. etc so on and so forth. once you gain enough experience and know your child better then it will be easier. but as mr.postman reiterates, its all about patience.

for the wife... angry and cry is 90% (if not 100%) due to being tired and frustrated.... easier to narrow down hahahah.
jwrx
post Dec 29 2015, 09:18 AM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(kent_lau7 @ Dec 25 2015, 06:53 PM)
A concern from a future father: how to take care of my baby

Aileen is a caring mother and she don’t want her husband to worry about this.

THIS is where the problem is... caring for a baby is a TWO person job. Wifes who think they are superwomen, sooner or later will break down from exhaustion or sickness...and you know what happends when only the mom puts the baby to sleep? the baby wont let anyone else to it...good luck to the dad if wifey has to travel one day...or is very sick

take turns.... so that the wife can have a full nites sleep during the week
ychlee
post Dec 29 2015, 10:16 AM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(jwrx @ Dec 29 2015, 09:18 AM)
THIS is where the problem is... caring for a baby is a TWO person job. Wifes who think they are superwomen, sooner or later will break down from exhaustion or sickness...and you know what happends when only the mom puts the baby to sleep? the baby wont let anyone else to it...good luck to the dad if wifey has to travel one day...or is very sick

take turns.... so that the wife can have a full nites sleep during the week
that's why a man should always learn how to do the wife's jobs as well as the house chores.... if she is not around for weeks, you could imagine how is the condition of the house.
im a new father and I think it will be tough at first to learn how to take ks of baby, but I always tell myself to stay positive and mature since I'm going to another stage of life and to build a family... rclxms.gif
panda-man
post Dec 29 2015, 10:19 AM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(ychlee @ Dec 29 2015, 10:16 AM)
that's why a man should always learn how to do the wife's jobs as well as the house chores.... if she is not around for weeks, you could imagine how is the condition of the house.
im a new father and I think it will be tough at first to learn how to take ks of baby, but I always tell myself to stay positive and mature since I'm going to another stage of life and to build a family...  rclxms.gif
i could do most of the stuff at an ok level... except for bathing the baby... really too scared to try hahah. water in ears lah, this lah that lah. hold baby like this, dont slip. etc... shocking.gif shocking.gif shocking.gif shocking.gif shocking.gif
ychlee
post Dec 29 2015, 10:36 AM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Dec 29 2015, 10:19 AM)
i could do most of the stuff at an ok level... except for bathing the baby... really too scared to try hahah. water in ears lah, this lah that lah. hold baby like this, dont slip. etc...  shocking.gif  shocking.gif  shocking.gif  shocking.gif  shocking.gif
bathing task can come later but to master the rest first....
guys use to be careless in doing things so just need time sharpen the skill... however we all know one day we definitely can manage... tongue.gif
PeowYong
post Dec 29 2015, 02:37 PM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

Just make sure you are holding and supporting it correctly will do and also make sure everything is prepared in place before you start the bathing. Baby is not as fragile as you think it is.
jep
post Dec 29 2015, 02:57 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

If the baby had enough milk they tend to sleep longer normally, unless they have stomach ache or anything like that. you have to remember, breast milk tends to be absorbed better by baby, less than 2 hours +-..which is why baby cries every 2-3 hours, they get hungry quickly. For me, I've modified my Ikea baby cradle to have on of the side opened so that I can fix it to my bed next to my wife, easier for her to fed the baby without having to get up..just something small I could share with you..hope it helps
ychlee
post Jan 1 2016, 12:14 AM

On my way
601 posts

Question
Can I be with my wife when she is under c-sec?or only nature delivery is OK for husband to go in?
panda-man
post Jan 1 2016, 11:16 AM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(ychlee @ Jan 1 2016, 12:14 AM)
Question
Can I be with my wife when she is under c-sec?or only nature delivery is OK for husband to go in?
as long as it is not emergency C-Sec you can go in. at least in private. not sure about gov hosp. just inform the doctor you want to be in the room and they will put you in scrubs and you can go in. there will also be a big screen they put up so you cant see the surgery. well i guess you can stand up and look. but i think its better if you dont hahahaha.
ychlee
post Jan 1 2016, 12:34 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Jan 1 2016, 11:16 AM)
as long as it is not emergency C-Sec you can go in. at least in private. not sure about gov hosp. just inform the doctor you want to be in the room and they will put you in scrubs and you can go in. there will also be a big screen they put up so you cant see the surgery. well i guess you can stand up and look. but i think its better if you dont hahahaha.
Great
Then I will tell the doctor n see if I'm allowed.
Between, my wife is under FPP in Putrajaya so I think its semi government.
Mr.PostMan
post Jan 4 2016, 10:49 AM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(ychlee @ Jan 1 2016, 12:14 AM)
Question
in my experience, i was not allowed inside the OR. it's Sunway Hospital's policy though. My friend who delivered at SDMC was allowed to be in the OR.

Depends on the hospital's policy i guess.
panda-man
post Jan 4 2016, 11:04 AM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PostMan @ Jan 4 2016, 10:49 AM)
in my experience, i was not allowed inside the OR. it's Sunway Hospital's policy though. My friend who delivered at SDMC was allowed to be in the OR.

Depends on the hospital's policy i guess.
yeah each hospital, like each business will have different SOP. in case something goes wrong they dont want the husband to freak out and cause problems. hahah. lucky for me my doc let me in as my wife was freakin out about surgery hahaha. elective c-sec as baby was too big lulz (4kg shocking.gif ) i was also freakin out, but you know... gotta look cool and calm hahaha. hold hand. dont tell her about blood all over the doc and stuff like that. hahah. but if you cannot tahan blood then better not go in....
Mr.PostMan
post Jan 4 2016, 11:19 AM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Jan 4 2016, 11:04 AM)
yeah each hospital, like each business will have different SOP. in case something goes wrong they dont want the husband to freak out and cause problems. hahah. lucky for me my doc let me in as my wife was freakin out about surgery hahaha. elective c-sec as baby was too big lulz (4kg  shocking.gif ) i was also freakin out, but you know... gotta look cool and calm hahaha. hold hand. dont tell her about blood all over the doc and stuff like that. hahah. but if you cannot tahan blood then better not go in....
4KG Baby!?? yawn.gif that is huge
panda-man
post Jan 4 2016, 11:22 AM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PostMan @ Jan 4 2016, 11:19 AM)
4KG Baby!??  yawn.gif that is huge
hahah. my wife was so upset she couldnt do natural birth. in the end 4kg... hahaha. made the right decision to do c-sec hahahah. but even so, we waited for contractions first. then went to hospital to arrange c-sec. not those choose the date. prep yourself type of things. so was still quite sudden.
Mr.PostMan
post Jan 4 2016, 11:26 AM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Jan 4 2016, 11:22 AM)
hahah. my wife was so upset she couldnt do natural birth. in the end 4kg... hahaha. made the right decision to do c-sec hahahah. but even so, we waited for contractions first. then went to hospital to arrange c-sec. not those choose the date. prep yourself type of things. so was still quite sudden.
oh so it was somehow an emergency c-sec due to baby weight then

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:51 AM