Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

君の名は。[your name.], Now screening in Malaysia!

views

Kuhalquil
post Oct 26 2017, 08:30 AM

2 posts

this a good movie and i'm sure of it.

wish i did not read that about having a live action since they don't have shrine maiden thingy
coklatua
post Nov 6 2017, 09:39 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

Finally, just watched it.
5/5.
Im afraid the ending will be like 5cm per seconds but gladly it didn't.
TSkwwk87
post Nov 7 2017, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(coklatua @ Nov 6 2017, 09:39 PM)
Im afraid the ending will be like 5cm per seconds
Me too; when I first watch it in cinema.. nearing the ending part..

"omg shinkai pls no. not another 5cm"
coklatua
post Nov 8 2017, 10:18 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

QUOTE(kwwk87 @ Nov 7 2017, 05:02 PM)
Me too; when I first watch it in cinema.. nearing the ending part..

"omg shinkai pls no. not another 5cm"
Yeah, if it the same maybe i'll flip the table. laugh.gif
Me very rugi not watch it on cinema last year.
Next Makoto Shinkai movie I need to watch it in cinema!
But I think the graphic still cant challenge previous movie about the shoe maker( cant remember the name lol)..
vincentlee90
post Nov 12 2017, 11:18 PM

Alpha E-mount user
723 posts

is there anyone interested of Kimi No Na Wa vinyl?
nimloth32
post Nov 15 2017, 04:29 AM

Getting Started
284 posts

QUOTE(coklatua @ Nov 8 2017, 10:18 PM)
Yeah, if it the same maybe i'll flip the table.  laugh.gif
Me very rugi not watch it on cinema last year.
Next Makoto Shinkai movie I need to watch it in cinema!
But I think the graphic still cant challenge previous movie about the shoe maker( cant remember the name lol)..
It is called garden of words 😉

Anyone got the collectors edition d?
vincentlee90
post Jan 1 2018, 10:30 PM

Alpha E-mount user
723 posts

hi. i have some Kimi No Na Wa vinyl for sell. all new unit and price is rm300, can nego if u interested. pm me for more detail

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
PortgasDerekAce
post Apr 7 2018, 06:55 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

Have watched so many times before I found this thread...I missed the chance to watch in cinema. I am touched every time i watch.

QUOTE(Pengie @ Sep 16 2016, 12:54 AM)
man... what an amazing movie

love RADWIMPS now smile.gif the opening song got me
nowadays I only listen to RADWIMPS' 君の名は album. It is amazing.

QUOTE(nazrul90 @ Dec 28 2016, 05:04 PM)
It was call as time paradox. Its like you meet your past/future self in present timeline.

Mitsuha having dream & gender swap 1st and went to Tokyo to see Taki. Taki doesnt recognize Mitsuha(obviously because he dont have any dream and body swap let alone know Mitsuha yet).
Taki received ribbon from Mitsuha and not yet know her name.

Later in Oct 2013, Mitsuha died because of comet incident. After that 3years later, Taki start dreaming about Mitsuha. Fast forward after that, he no longer having dream. He finally know what happened 3 years ago and later try to visit the town. He tried to drink Kuchimisake and later passed out. Taki wakes up and ended in Mitsuha body, the day before comet hit the town while Mitsuha somehow in Taki body, 3 years after comet incident.

Taki in Mitsuha body and in past timeline decided to avoid more people die plan to do something with Mitsuha friends. Back to Mitsuha, while she wandering around the crash site, she heard Taki voice. Kataware-doki happens. Both finally meet and later separated away before even knowing each other name again. And now both are in each other timeline. Mitsuha still following Taki's plan and they succeeded in avoiding more people die in comet crash incident. 5 years later, both meet by chances and thus "kimi no na wa"

Tldr: kataware-doki is some kind of time paradox connecting people with different gender.
Kataware-doki is actually referring to a short moment of time between day and night (dusk) where supernatural things can happen. Hence during kataware-doki they are able to met although exist in different timeline (3 years difference). This has been taught by teacher in Mitsuha's class at the beginning of the movie.

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Dec 28 2016, 08:23 AM)
Hey guys. There is something that I don't understand about the plot after watching it for the first time yesterday. Hope some of you can enlighten me. Thanks

Why did Taki couldn't recognise Mitsuha on the train when she deliberately went to see him? What is this 3 years gap thing?
And if she died 3 years ago from that point of time, what was taki doing after the comet hits?

And how come they don't remember each other name? Why the lost of memory that is so immediate? Any reasoning?
They lose their memories because Taki drank the sake and ask for god's help to return back to time so he can see Mitsuha again (and save her and the village). As told by grandma earlier by entering the underworld they must sacrifice half of them (the most important thing to them) which are their memories of each other. God has answered hence they have forgotten each others.

9 Pages « < 7 8 9Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:55 AM