Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business ACCA (v2)

views

shuyin_lenne_2007
post May 8 2007, 11:53 PM

48 posts

hello folks, anyone here with paper 2.2MYS tips & paper 2.3MYS tips? feeling the pressure, especially with paper 2.3MYS...

thanks!

good luck all...
shuyin_lenne_2007
post May 17 2007, 11:35 AM

48 posts

thank you to G[a]rY for Chow Kim Tai's 2.4 tips...

mmm, now the papers i'm more keen on getting the tips are 2.2MYS & 2.3MYS

as i know that KSA's Mr. Viknes will only conduct revision at the very last week before the 2.2MYS exam, hmm...

regarding 2.3MYS, any Sunway or SEGi or McOrange or FTMS tips?

thanks... good luck in advance, cheers!
shuyin_lenne_2007
post May 21 2007, 09:23 AM

48 posts

KSA
Mr. Alan Yeo
Paper 2.3MYS
Exam Tips

Q1
Company Tax
-might include S.108 / Dividend (theory)

Q2
Individual Tax

Q3-Q7 (3 of 5 to be answered)
-Indirect Taxes
-RPGT
-Tax Residence (Individual & Companies)
-Tax Administration (Appeals/Assessment/Self-Assessment/Collection)
-IBA, Sch. 2 Mining, PE Order

*That was all he has mentioned. The class was really boring, absolute silence, only the lecturer speaking - softly. Yawn. Good luck folks!*
shuyin_lenne_2007
post May 29 2007, 01:44 PM

48 posts

what's SLP & floating charge? my mind's all blank i couldn't remember... mind to help out? i'm sure it's under company law, but where? i'm lost... thanks
shuyin_lenne_2007
post May 29 2007, 06:23 PM

48 posts

@G[a]rY

thank you for your clarification... good luck to you as well!
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jun 17 2007, 05:50 PM

48 posts

I would like to know that for paper F8 (Audit), which lecturer in KSA is better? Jackson Chan or Philip Woo? & who'll be the lecturer of this paper for SyUC? thanks...
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jun 18 2007, 04:55 PM

48 posts

Hello folks... anyone who has attended Joe Fang's class for 2.5 back in McOrange? Was he good? It seems that he's now to KSA... i would like to hear opinion about Joe Fang's lecturing. Thanks for the feedback...

I know that SyUC's Ms. Menon was the best but is she gonna be retained for next semester? Thanks again.
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jun 26 2007, 09:02 PM

48 posts

hello... any LYN members here gonna take F7 (Joe Fang) FT & F8 (Philip Woo) PT at KSA?

i'm just curious with the fact that we have many great handsome & pretty over here in this thread, but we haven't even get the chance to meet you people up in real life... lol

perhaps we can meet up in class & make friends? hehehe...
just a suggestion, i guess it'll be fun...

interested? maybe someone should lead the pack & write on the whiteboard with a marker pen 'LYN members, where ever you are in this classroom, please stand up & turn one full circle'

lol... enjoy your holidays for now & see you in class.... hehe
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 6 2007, 08:23 PM

48 posts

lol... hello Zoeee... i've heard that Ms. Kiran for F8 in SyUC is really really boring... ^^

anyway, great fun to see you in class today, wahaha...
& ooh, aserli as well... now i wonder what about the rest of LYN members in F7 Joe Fang's class... anyone else in the class today?

i felt that Joe Fang was pretty funny... made me laugh a lot & enjoyed it, hope his second class next week will be more amazing

cheers...
so anyone doing P3 Parmindar Singh? i mean LYN members... if yes, why not meet up? lol...
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 6 2007, 11:02 PM

48 posts

ooh... in front row 3... any CLUES to SPOT you??? lol...
hahaha... there's class on Sunday... ugh 10am-5pm, enjoy listening to Parmindar talk & talk & talk all the way with his SUDDEN movements which seems like he's into a PLAY, ACT or DRAMA... lol

come LYN members, let us gather around... wahaha
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 8 2007, 08:26 PM

48 posts

shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 8 2007, 09:03 PM

48 posts

@HBK

lol... yea, Parmindar & the stories about those car companies... suddenly feel like the subject got into Car Analysis rather than Business Analysis... lol quite fun, for those who don't know the car names, they did learn something new... hehe...

talking about LYN forum members, i've met 2 in the F7 class, both Zoeee & aserli... lol, awesome though... little clues we gave but i did identify both of them with success... whaha!

about F7 Goh Wern Yit's class, i heard that she's really fast, the very first day on Fri she has covered a few IAS', whereas Joe Fang has an introductory session with the students, & his Husband & Wife comparison with Asset & Liability... lol

career fair? i didn't go... it was really a special day yesterday - 070707... i was stuck in the jam for near 2 hours on some highway accident-packed... people rushing for wedding, end up too rushy..
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 9 2007, 06:06 PM

48 posts

shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 13 2007, 06:25 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(syin096)
smile.gif Hi Evry1,Im new here...just to say Hello~
any1 here student from Kasturi?

hello... welcome to LYN forum ACCA thread... lol ^^
yup, i'm from KSA though... so which papers are you currently taking?

anyway, is there anyone taking F8 Philip Woo's class tomorrow? lol... we've a long day of class, so anymore LYN members planning to show up? ^^
try to SPOT each other, wahaha... spot for me - tall, bespectacled, short hair, usually sits outside @ couches before class starts...

hahaha... so far i've meet up 2 of them - Zoeee & aserli... nice
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 13 2007, 09:30 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(annvogue)
Joe Fang for F7 class is so22 interesting ...i like Joe fang style of teaching..The way he teach Conso is great..During my diploma time i hate consolidation..i couldnt understand what my lecturer teach during those days...But with Joe fang style, i able to understand the Consolidation....
Tomorrow is phillip woo class...wah half a day ..gosh, i hope i dont get zzzzzzzzzzzzz la....audit some more ...adoiii rclxm9.gif

oh? you were in Joe's class? lol... yea, his Consol way seems quite organised... simplified & direct... acceptable, at least directly into the issue... mm, his jokes? well, today i didn't laugh much... maybe it didn't hit my laughing nerves, i could only focus on absorbing about the Consol topic ^^

yea, Zoeee told me in the lift that it was FUN... lol, i could hear people around us in the lift were giggling... so funny, only both of us talking in the lift... waha, Zoeee you're really awesome!

hope to see more members in Philip's class tomorrow... lol let us SPOT the LYN members tongue.gif
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 14 2007, 10:18 AM

48 posts

lol... talking about F7's lecturer Joe Fang in KSA, it's quite funny... he likes to associate his examples about movies, not old movies, but new movies in cinema... he'll say that 'ok, now let me bring you Behind The Scenes of...' last week it was about The Transformers... yesterday it was about Harry Potter : The Order Of The Phoenix...

when he wants to describe about some method, he'll say that... & somehow he'll ask us - 'what's the latest movie in the cinema now?'... well, good way to distract us & let us think... then our mind will be a bit refreshed huh? lol ^^

besides that he gives a lot of scenario or situation... hmm, let me see, probably i would say, a talk, about OBU... about some WAYS to achieve your ACCA status by the age of 18 1/2 years old...

his scenario was like this:
start CAT in Form 4 - 16 years old (without the need of SPM)
start ACCA by 17, finish within 1 1/2 years taking MAX papers at once...
3 years working experience... makes it about 22 years old

lol... then earn income of RM2,000 per month (which is considered low by him) work for some 3 years & buy a CAR & a HOUSE... then show to your friend & say 'i got car & i got house, you've just graduated only' - which in this situation the friend will be 25 years of age... ^^

quite funny, but motivating... Joe Fang, not too bad... pretty relaxed so far, breaks here & there... 5 mins tongue.gif

gonna see what F8's lecturer Philip Woo at KSA will offer today... hehe
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 14 2007, 10:25 PM

48 posts

weeee... just came back from Philip Woo's class...
well well... what can i say? i'm sure those who went for his class today will say one short sentence - 'he's very scary... he talks non-stop'
lol ^^
indeed, the first impression of him was oh well, some late 50s year old guy, look chubby & quite nice... but oh god, he started the class in a great 'introduction'... yes, 'introduction'

he said that he's a very strict person, & say that we need to go for his class tests on some selected day(s), he marks the scripts & if you copy he'll scold you, you need to be PROFESSIONAL (he used that word really umpteen times today), need to KNOW your stuff, don't guess... & know what? he talked for some 30mins on his 'introduction'...

at first i was quite pissed... he said this 'if you don't like my class, you can leave anytime... go to another class which you can sit back relax, STARE AT THE SKY & listen'... he said as well 'my class is not something you come to class, then go home'... which means you'll need to study consistently from day one, otherwise it's Merry X'mas ho ho ho to you... lol

i find him really good once he started lecturing... really makes audit paper seems lively... loads of hilarious jokes, but relevant & sounds convincing... able to keep me awake, alive & kicking... imagine 2pm to 9pm, that was something you see...

well, i love this particular joke...
he said he's wearing 'M' size clothes if it's in the USA... back then he was wearing 'S' size... & he said to the class... oh & his size is quite chubby & quite big... but ok to a man who's at such age... so, he said to the class 'i think for you people, you can't wear these sizes ('S' & 'M')... you know what? you need to go to the CHILDREN'S DEPARTMENT'! lmao... i was like oh god... so funny

his class is really lively... he draws some great diagrams... easily understood & i love his explanation... no doubt why his class is FULL HOUSE... *ding-dong* yea, FULL HOUSE i repeat... even his P1 class as well... unbelievable... undoubtedly the best audit class i've ever attended...

clap clap... really!
now i'm still very awake, how i wish he could last until 10pm... lol, never regret taking his class... woo hoo...

so, how many LYN members in the class? i was smiling to almost everyone i saw... but oh well, i don't have X-ray eyes... anyway i was wearing red today, in jeans... sat on the left side on 7th row to the furthest outside... lol

cheers & enjoy your weekend... ^^
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 15 2007, 08:44 PM

48 posts

@shlee

Philip Woo's class ended at 9pm yesterday... but he said in future classes he might have to extend to 10pm, because he felt that 6 hours from 2pm-9pm (deduct 1 hour dinner break) aren't sufficient...

but his lecturing is really good, you won't feel bored at all & will be able to understand audit subject easily... that's why his class is humongous! ^^ - FULL HOUSE
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 17 2007, 01:04 PM

48 posts

haha... i love Philip's class so far... i can write fast enough i guess...
but just the first class so far, need time to analyse... tongue.gif

so far i love the entire combination of the lecturers i'm with at the moment... Joe Fang, Philip Woo, Parmindar Singh... mmm, all-men team lol ^^

have fun!
shuyin_lenne_2007
post Jul 19 2007, 12:23 PM

48 posts

ooh... you people having fun spotting each other at McOrange Sheila's class... lol

@maysnow

aww, your gang all went for Philip's class? hmm... why don't follow? cheap what tongue.gif

say, anymore KSA students in LYN forum trying to spot each other? i'm easy to spot though... lol, tall in specs most of the time with headset on, use to sit at the couches outside of Auditorium before class starts... wahaha... just for fun & know more friends though...

@Angeline

well, i remembered back then i got a form to sign up, just fill in all your particulars attached with some passport/ID photo then you're done... back then i did it with a college, & attend class from then onwards, then ACCA mailed me a parcel along with ACCA card, & a CONGRATULATIONS letter tongue.gif

cheers!

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0476sec    0.57    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:48 AM