Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Business ACCA (v2)

views

maysnow
post Jun 7 2007, 08:34 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(HBK @ Jun 7 2007, 07:21 PM)
2.5 FINANCIAL REPORTING!!!!!!oh my god,when u open the first question it presented so simple,and when u do it with confident,cos H-S,no problem..when u turn to next page section B!!!disaster!!!so disaster!!!i dun even know what is question 3 is all about...and ya,Ratio i expect icon_idea.gif ,but i didnt expect all 25 Marks!!!! vmad.gif and what with Q2???sooo many adjustment that i rarely did during revision...question 5 huhu,IAS 16 rclxm9.gif  i expect too with IAS 10 rclxm9.gif  yet, i dun know what the question wants,so confused:stars: what happen to IAS 38,37( only 1 line in Q.5 (ii))36??especiallly impairment..and IFRS 8 segment reporting..aiyoo..last sitting no time to finish, tis sitting got time but idle... shakehead.gif

cry.gif same here....i dunwanna sit 2.5 again! My friends say it's the easiest paper in part two...I got thru 2.6 but not this sob...i didn't have enough time..kept on writting non-stop cause 25 marks for analysis icon_question.gif

rclxub.gif gotta study now...3.3 tomorrow! rclxub.gif

good luck everybody thumbup.gif
maysnow
post Jun 9 2007, 04:35 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(jANe87 @ Jun 9 2007, 04:04 PM)
I want to ask regarding receiving the exam results by e mail. Which e mail service provider, either Yahoo or Hotmail shall i use so that i can receive my results earlier?
from past experience, sometimes my friends who have no internet connection ask me to help them check their results for them..and I notice that those using hotmail and gmail tend to receive their results earlier than those using yahoo.

Last sitting one of my friend who was using yahoo received his results a few hours later than us!

so if u can use hotmail or gmail would be better i think icon_idea.gif

anyway...why didn't anything from the article come out for 3.3?!?!? Every sitting something would come out from the article..why non this time??? I was expecting porter's five forces so bad cry.gif or did i miss any questions? shocking.gif

question one was similar to question 2 BLA in Dec03 i think..But not enough time to complete it ! doh.gif question 2 very little marks allocated for the stuff u have to do... shakehead.gif I feel too acca is getting tougher n tougher every sitting...so we have to be stronger n stronger! flex.gif
maysnow
post Jun 12 2007, 07:42 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(Suk @ Jun 12 2007, 01:40 AM)
so fast got the new subject price list ? @.@
ya...mc orange and Ftms out dy...only KSA not yet...called them yesterday, they said will be out after exam oh...hopefully will be cheaper rclxms.gif
maysnow
post Jun 13 2007, 01:10 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(edwardyap1214 @ Jun 13 2007, 12:02 AM)
i wonder to know which text book publisher is better to absorb?? BPP or kaplan?? any comment?
I personally prefer BPP...has a nicer font and pointers on which things u have to know for exam and is easier to understand..

Kaplan on the other hand is really detailed and seems to contain more information...but it's really lengthy n sometimes i dunno what it's talking about rclxub.gif But if u wan really thorough n comprehensive cover on the subject this publisher is for u. Hope this helps~ icon_idea.gif

QUOTE(roy_pck @ Jun 12 2007, 09:55 PM)
2.5 = totally destroy my confidence. Q1 was easiest consol questions among all. Q2 was totally disaster. never seen such complicated Q2 before. Q3 was weird. Q4 was CRAZY!!! no cash flow at all...ratios 25 marks!!! god d**n it!!! mad.gif Q5 i just tembak. so all in all...2.5 = FAIL  cry.gif

3.3 = put me in deep sh*t. all questions i know but i dint have enough time to do!!! i'm totally confused with the protection and provision packages in Q1. article never came out. this paper dropped my confidence to lowest point. no mood to study 2.6 liao.
Sigh...3.3 n 2.5 really were killers....was looking forward to attending the last three papers but now i guess i'll just attend two papers to be on the safe side... cry.gif

Btw, does anybody know about Bob Souster who's also teaching P1 in McOrange? I like Sheila but sometimes it feels like information overload blink.gif
maysnow
post Jun 18 2007, 11:18 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(florencensm @ Jun 17 2007, 11:46 PM)
Hi! who can send me kasturi f7 to f9 time table! my emaill is  florencensm1@yahoo.com.hk
hi florencensm, i just sent it to you! hope you've received it smile.gif
maysnow
post Jun 21 2007, 10:44 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(y_v @ Jun 20 2007, 06:15 PM)
can anyone email the ksa timetable to me? yean_voon@hotmail.com
thanks in advance....
sent it to u~ if u didn't receive it just let me know smile.gif
maysnow
post Jun 22 2007, 01:05 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(thairojak @ Jun 22 2007, 01:00 PM)
hi, can anyone send me McOrange & KSA's timetable for next sem?
thanks loads. my email : pei.shann@gmail.com
I only have ksa's timetable , so i sent that to you first.
I've called up mc orange to request for their timetable to be emailed to me, but 2 days till now still nothing. hmm.gif Last time when i requested for fax also need to call up twice..same girl shakehead.gif
maysnow
post Jun 22 2007, 01:59 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(thairojak @ Jun 22 2007, 01:18 PM)
Hheheheh thanks alot gurl!! smile.gif THe timetable looks so complicated ler. I dont understand the alphabets in the brackets after the course title.

For eg : F8AB(J)

AB is part time and full time, J is what?

I shall wait for Mcorange's then..
oh...as u can see below the timetable, there are 2 lecturers teaching F8. so (J) stands for Jackson Chan, while (W) stands for Phillip Woo.

Hence F8 AB (J) means it's Jackson's class ^^
maysnow
post Jun 23 2007, 01:23 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(landytan86 @ Jun 22 2007, 06:26 PM)
May,

Can you e-mail to me the timetable for ksa n McO 2 once u hv it, especially P1, P3 & P5, my e-mail is landytan86@hotmail.com  many thanks  smile.gif  seems like can't access their website, changed oredi?
I've email ksa's to you...went to register for McO today so got the hardcopy of the timetable brows.gif I still haven't received their email yet though...and i'm lazy to call the girl for the fourth time. If you want if maybe you could call them at 03-2031 9898 or email info@mcorange.edu.my

i just logged on their website www.mcorange.edu.my and its ok..but they haven't updated the latest timetable though.

maysnow
post Jul 7 2007, 01:34 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(HBK @ Jul 6 2007, 12:06 AM)
Anyone knows what kind of transportation to go to Crown Plaza Mutiara Hotel for career fair??i dun think that pUtrA lrt have a station there..
Hey, since so many of us are planning to go to the career fair tomorrow, I'm sure some of us will pass each other without even knowing it right...hehe..maybe we should wear something to identify ourselves...but kinda late to suggest dy today's the day sweat.gif
maysnow
post Jul 17 2007, 02:12 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(King_sToN @ Jul 16 2007, 03:49 PM)
Anyone here attend Ms Sheila F8 class?
Come on......share some review here  drool.gif  drool.gif
Since all the LYN member seem like support Philip Woo very much......any Sheila fans here?
Among the both lecturer......who is better?...... Who should I choose for?...... rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
I personally prefer Sheila class since the comment on her is not bad also and her provide much much more lessons than Philip Woo......
My friend told me that Sheila class also have about 100+ students  icon_idea.gif  icon_idea.gif
Erm i've attended both lecturers before, sheila for 2.6 and philip woo for 3.1, and both phillip's and sheila's 3.1 revision.

For sheila, at the beginning quite intimidated with sheer volume of her notes that we have to cover, and since it was my first contact with audit, there were many times when i didn't quite understand what she was teaching (also maybe due to the fact i was not very hardworking la hee blush.gif )

but looking back now, her notes are very detailed and she covers the whole syllabus (i think =p) systematically. She's quite a dedicated teacher... I guess if you are hardworking and go through all her notes diligently most porbably you'll have a high chance of passing:)

For philip woo, i enjoyed his classes and he always encourages us to use common sense to approach the questions, instead of reciting a long list of mnemonics...His classes are also more interesting and applicable as he relates alot of stories to us.

However, for 3.1 he mainly used the past year questions as his main teaching materials, which in my opinion, does not adequately cover the entire syllabus. Also, he's quite fast and seldom writes down points when he's teaching. So you have to make your own notes really fast while listening to his lectures...I don't write that fast and my handwritting is really untidy so sometimes wish he would give us more time to write the notes down cry.gif of course if you have good memory you can just sit n absorb his class.. i'm not too sure whether it's the same for his F8 class though =)

And as you mentioned, he offers much less classes compared to sheila. For me, it's good for working people because you don't need to go for night classes. But you might not be able to concentrate so well during the later parts of the class because of the long hours...i'm always "fishing" by then hehe... tongue.gif

Finally, for the 3.1 revision, sheila specially prepared a revision pack and condensed the important parts for us to study. Philip woo, as far as i remember (one year already =p) he went through the past year questions and covered some spotted areas using photostated notes, but he didn't prepare his own notes.

All in all, both lecturers are quite good, and i guess it really depends on each student's personal preference. i prefer sheila, that's why i'm taking her P1 classes now hee tongue.gif

maysnow
post Jul 17 2007, 11:34 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(roy_pck @ Jul 17 2007, 06:24 PM)
me and gary are taking Sheila's P1 fulltime class too. where do you normally sit? we normally sit at the back centre. perhaps we can meet up or what  smile.gif
Oh i see ^^ hehe but there's so many people ~ there's class tomorrow...any special identifying characteristics? eg bespectacled or red hair or purple bag or green sports shoes or lightning shaped scar on forehead haha...

Anyway..I was the girl with shoulder-length hair in white blouse+jeans+ blue white puma sports shoes with blue bag..who was 10mins late for class today blush.gif tongue.gif
usually prefer sitting in the front 3 rows cause i tend to "fish" very easily tongue.gif cool2.gif
maysnow
post Jul 19 2007, 11:17 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(roy_pck @ Jul 18 2007, 11:12 PM)
emm...no special identifying characterictics i suppose...but you can spot us easily at the back middle row...gary is the guy in spec and i normally sit with 2 gals ( 1 on my left and 1 on my right tongue.gif ) at the back 3rd row middle.

i've PM you my hp no. perhaps we can meet up during next tuesday class? it's good to meet LYN members around. Gary, nice to meet you man! smile.gif
thank you hehe ^^ was glancing hopefully around class yesterday..some guy in the front row smiled back drool.gif ..but since u guys didn't sit in the front i guess that wasn't you blink.gif sadly i don't have a gang to identify myself with..all of them went to philip woo! the price difference was the main motivating factor sigh.. cry.gif i usually sit on the 3rd row...

ok next week i'll make contact with you laugh.gif btw, did you sign up for micheal mainwaring's class? starts next weekend..hope he's good rclxm9.gif

Added on July 19, 2007, 11:29 am
QUOTE(Angeline @ Jul 18 2007, 08:28 PM)
how to register with ACCA?
i remembered that when i signed up for CAT classes with the college, they gave me a form to fill in, and after a few weeks i received this file with ACCA info in it..can't remember whether i needed to pay subscription at first or not though..it was so so long ago tongue.gif

I checked the website, seems now u can register online or request the registration pack through post. Just click which option you want on the left hand side ACCA register site

Of course, it's always better to ask them yourself if possible. ACCA Malaysia's contact info

This post has been edited by maysnow: Jul 19 2007, 11:29 AM
maysnow
post Aug 2 2007, 02:17 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(roy_pck @ Jul 25 2007, 02:22 PM)
hey maysnow...nice meeting with you today...so far made 2 LYN friends in P1 class already...not bad eh  smile.gif
Hehe hi ^^ nice to meet you too! gary was right, you are lucky to have two girls with you haha tongue.gif
Well so far i only know you and gary...thanks to sheila introducing everybody to him biggrin.gif
Haven't introduced myself to gary yet though (I smiled at you so many times!) blush.gif

QUOTE(Busy body @ Aug 2 2007, 01:30 AM)
Today i went to KSA and ask for photostating books of BPP, there is no such thing at KSA. Counter say no such thing that we can photostat. I went to photostat room and see a guy, he said he is not allowed to photostat...disappointed...
Oooh..that's weird...maybe they start to have a copyright policy already? Cause previously 3 weeks ago I still could ask him to photostat the book i wanted for me, and when I told my friend about it, he also had no problem in getting 2 books photostated..
Will try and ask why when I collect my books today
maysnow
post Nov 29 2007, 03:32 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(mandy88 @ Nov 29 2007, 01:58 AM)
Goash!! I have lost my Student ID card also..

Can i really enter with Mykad?

Or we need any letter from our college? 

icon_question.gif  please share your experience if you have any
Yea..You can definately take the exam with your identity card, don't worry smile.gif
You can check the 7th point of the Examination Guidelines that come with our examination docket:
"In the absence blabla...please take another official means bla... national identity card icon_idea.gif

And...It's my own personal experience too tongue.gif
Just put your IC there..the invigilators won't query you or anything..just like normal whistling.gif

maysnow
post Dec 6 2007, 09:57 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(ThanatosSwiftfire @ Dec 6 2007, 09:50 AM)
er... cos p1 and p3 more theory, f7 mainly calculation, which i had lots of practice... so, XD
What? Sob I feel that my P1 n P3 is better than F7 cry.gif
icon_question.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0225sec    0.10    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:00 AM