Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fibre Internet Cable Installation

views

TSCharlie_Tango
post Dec 4 2015, 03:13 PM, updated 9y ago

3 posts

I'll install either Unifi or Maxis Fibre Internet for my new house and my house is under renovation.

Wondering if they can just install all the cable then only fix the modem and setup when I move in.

I asked Maxis as I'm currently Maxis Fibre Internet User. They told me that they cannot install unless the renovation done. Which mean the cable "HAVE TO BE EXPOSE". shakehead.gif

Anybody done fibre internet cabling during renovation?
SUSMatrix
post Dec 4 2015, 03:16 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(Charlie_Tango @ Dec 4 2015, 03:13 PM)
I'll install either Unifi or Maxis Fibre Internet for my new house and my house is under renovation.

Wondering if they can just install all the cable then only fix the modem and setup when I move in.

I asked Maxis as I'm currently Maxis Fibre Internet User. They told me that they cannot install unless the renovation done. Which mean the cable "HAVE TO BE EXPOSE".  shakehead.gif

Why the hell you want to do that? later your contractor break the cable, salah sapa???

Just wait intil your renovation finish lah. Fibre cable installlation is only a few hours, or faster.
niakulah
post Dec 4 2015, 03:23 PM

Senior Artisan
1,264 posts

QUOTE(Charlie_Tango @ Dec 4 2015, 03:13 PM)

I asked Maxis as I'm currently Maxis Fibre Internet User. They told me that they cannot install unless the renovation done. Which mean the cable "HAVE TO BE EXPOSE".  shakehead.gif

I did it for my home during renovation. Got my usual cable contractor (I'm a network consultant) to lay a pipe from the outside back wall of my house to where I want my modem to be inside the house. Just the pipe, no fiber. Get them to leave a piece of rope inside so that it will be easier for the installer later. I made a mistake of not doing that in the first place.

Normally installers will have a long stiff cable called a pusher(some call it buluh). But the first Unifi installer that came to my house didn't have. So I had to call my contractor in again, they used their pusher to put in a rope for the installer to pull the fiber.

Second time Unifi came, different installer. I saw inside their van got pusher. rclxub.gif
TSCharlie_Tango
post Dec 4 2015, 03:41 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Dec 4 2015, 03:16 PM)
Why the hell you want to do that? later your contractor break the cable, salah sapa???

Just wait intil your renovation finish lah. Fibre cable installlation is only a few hours, or faster.
It's nothing to do with installation time. I want the cable to be concealed instead expose.
TSCharlie_Tango
post Dec 4 2015, 03:46 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(niakulah @ Dec 4 2015, 03:23 PM)
I did it for my home during renovation. Got my usual cable contractor (I'm a network consultant) to lay a pipe from the outside back wall of my house to where I want my modem to be inside the house. Just the pipe, no fiber. Get them to leave a piece of rope inside so that it will be easier for the installer later. I made a mistake of not doing that in the first place.

Normally installers will have a long stiff cable called a pusher(some call it buluh). But the first Unifi installer that came to my house didn't have. So I had to call my contractor in again, they used their pusher to put in a rope for the installer to pull the fiber.

Second time Unifi came, different installer. I saw inside their van got pusher.  rclxub.gif
Thanks for your advise!!

I tell my M&E guy to do this
niakulah
post Dec 14 2015, 09:36 PM

Senior Artisan
1,264 posts

QUOTE(johntg100 @ Dec 14 2015, 07:51 PM)
They call it a "Fish Tape" or Push-Pulll rods. A must-have compulsory tool for most contractors and installers in Japan, Taiwan and most European countries.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The purpose of this tool is to push through the openings/conduits/ducts in the wall and hook the fiber cable on one end, then pull from the other.
So that's what they call it. Useful info if I ever emigrate to Europe.

jjj2
post Dec 22 2015, 10:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,355 posts

QUOTE(niakulah @ Dec 4 2015, 03:23 PM)

Second time Unifi came, different installer. I saw inside their van got pusher.  rclxub.gif
Hi Bro,

Sorry I came late...just bump into your post... guess by now you already got your fibre pulled in.

We are full fibre solutions provider and also TIME Dotcom pioneer SI & Main Cond.

If you need any advise, feel free to drop me a buzz.

Thanks.
niakulah
post Dec 23 2015, 09:10 AM

Senior Artisan
1,264 posts

QUOTE(jjj2 @ Dec 22 2015, 10:22 PM)
Hi Bro,

Sorry I came late...just bump into your post... guess by now you already got your fibre pulled in.

We are full fibre solutions provider and also TIME Dotcom pioneer SI & Main Cond.

If you need any advise, feel free to drop me a buzz.

Thanks.
Thanks but I'm also an SI.
jjj2
post Dec 23 2015, 10:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,355 posts

QUOTE(niakulah @ Dec 23 2015, 09:10 AM)
Thanks but I'm also an SI.
Hi Bro,

Great...nice to know you...haha..

PM me your contact Bro...cheers smile.gif
wenzhenzhen
post Sep 21 2017, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Hi, I stayed at landed property which unifi just introduced 5 yrs ago. Last week, the installer came and told us that they unable to connect the fibre optic wire bcos the duct was full of mud. Just want to ask, is there any other way to go through it? He suggested to use neighbour's duct and connect it out via drilling a hole at phone pipe and will charge us RM200.

Anyone got face this situation before?

Thank you
jjj2
post Sep 23 2017, 12:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,355 posts

QUOTE(wenzhenzhen @ Sep 21 2017, 05:25 PM)
Hi, I stayed at landed property which unifi just introduced 5 yrs ago. Last week, the installer came and told us that they unable to connect the fibre optic wire bcos the duct was full of mud. Just want to ask, is there any other way to go through it? He suggested to use neighbour's duct and connect it out via drilling a hole at phone pipe and will charge us RM200.

Anyone got face this situation before?

Thank you
Problem like this is possible to happen. You may request them to try rod i n the cable using bigger diameter of cable rod...

If the facility is stil under your developer or housing management liability/maintenance scope, may request them to do flushing.

Thank you.
wenzhenzhen
post Sep 24 2017, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(jjj2 @ Sep 23 2017, 12:00 PM)
Problem like this is possible to happen. You may request them to try rod i n the cable using bigger diameter of cable rod...

If the facility is stil under your developer or housing management liability/maintenance scope, may request them to do flushing.

Thank you.
Thanks for your info. Unfortunately only my duct is stucked and developer or TM dont border to listen our complain. Should I get myself a fish tape to dug through the mud and use fibre optic to connect it?
I m now researching so that I can save RM200. tongue.gif
birain
post Sep 25 2017, 03:44 AM

良い一日を
1,448 posts

QUOTE(wenzhenzhen @ Sep 24 2017, 10:34 PM)
Thanks for your info. Unfortunately only my duct is stucked and developer or TM dont border to listen our complain. Should I get myself a fish tape to dug through the mud and use fibre optic to connect it?
I m now researching so that I can save RM200. tongue.gif
better do it yourself if nobody helps you to dig out the mud icon_idea.gif
wenzhenzhen
post Sep 25 2017, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(birain @ Sep 25 2017, 03:44 AM)
better do it yourself if nobody helps you to dig out the mud icon_idea.gif
Yeah, I dont mind to do it on own. Actually can DIY on digging the mud? Do u mind to advise?
jjj2
post Sep 25 2017, 10:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,355 posts

QUOTE(wenzhenzhen @ Sep 25 2017, 08:55 AM)
Yeah, I dont mind to do it on own. Actually can DIY on digging the mud? Do u mind to advise?
Hi Bro,

You can try but you will need a 'fish rod' or we call cable rod...then only you know which part of it is stuck with the mud... btw, did the TM ppl actually show you they really couldn't get the cable in OR they just mention it's stuck ?

If the mud or rocks or cements or any other debris are stuck & hardened in the duct, depends on the amount of blockage, you can try to clear it yourself, else you will need high pressure flushing.

Thanks.
wenzhenzhen
post Sep 25 2017, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(jjj2 @ Sep 25 2017, 10:19 AM)
Hi Bro,

You can try but you will need a 'fish rod' or we call cable rod...then only you know which part of it is stuck with the mud... btw, did the TM ppl actually show you they really couldn't get the cable in OR they just mention it's stuck ?

If the mud or rocks or cements or any other debris are stuck & hardened in the duct,  depends on the amount of blockage, you can try to clear it yourself, else you will need high pressure flushing.

Thanks.
They just mention it was stucked with mud as they couldnt connect the cable into the main port of fibre optic line there.

This post has been edited by wenzhenzhen: Sep 25 2017, 01:22 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 PM