Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
134 Pages « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPhone 6s/6s+ Discussion Thread | V3, The only thing changed is everything.

views

mrcg
post Aug 26 2016, 10:17 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

hey guys.. i just notice that 9.3.5 version already out..look like a big security flaw on going now..PEGASUS malware they said..anyone got news about it can share just curious.... p/s i got this info on ingame news to ask players to update immidiately. never they did on any update previously. thanks
remix2040
post Aug 26 2016, 11:03 PM

Ma! Get the camera!
4,423 posts

QUOTE(mrcg @ Aug 26 2016, 10:17 PM)
hey guys.. i just notice that 9.3.5 version already out..look like a big security flaw on going now..PEGASUS malware they said..anyone got news about it can share just curious.... p/s i got this info on ingame news to ask players to update immidiately. never they did on any update previously. thanks
its basically just an exploit whereby you receive a text from an unknown number or sometimes it's masked under someone else's number (within your contacts), and the text contains a link to website that automatically install phantom software on your phone and it is able to extract any piece of data from your phone.

this specific exploit targets the kernel level and compromises it. similar to the jailbreak exploit that Pangu found but this one causes harm instead of being harmless.
mrcg
post Aug 26 2016, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(remix2040 @ Aug 26 2016, 11:03 PM)
its basically just an exploit whereby you receive a text from an unknown number or sometimes it's masked under someone else's number (within your contacts), and the text contains a link to website that automatically install phantom software on your phone and it is able to extract any piece of data from your phone.

this specific exploit targets the kernel level and compromises it. similar to the jailbreak exploit that Pangu found but this one causes harm instead of being harmless.
oh ok thanks bro... sms based malware similar to exploit on android previously
lazybump_nonsense
post Aug 27 2016, 09:36 AM

Gotta Catch'em All
1,650 posts

anyone of you facing iphone 6s camera freeze? similar stated in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOHOw9RDjEI
dino89
post Aug 27 2016, 10:33 AM

Dino89 Trading
4,943 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Aug 25 2016, 07:52 PM)
hey guys, quick lesson, iPhone purchased on apple store within MY are locked set, i had to make it unlocked when i was in the states just to use their sim card, i mean like wtf whats with the locked and unlocked sets man, what are they trying to do here.
Hah? iPhone purchased on Apple Malaysia website are locked? But how is it locked when Apple Malaysia products are not representing any Telco?
quineMc
post Aug 27 2016, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
298 posts

Hi,anyone using iOS 10 beta here?does it affect day to day operation?

This post has been edited by quineMc: Aug 27 2016, 10:59 AM
afiqsabri
post Aug 27 2016, 01:59 PM

Enthusiast
714 posts

hi, im new to this thread... just a simple question, anyone here using ios beta for their iphone, so far are they stable
MooTikPin
post Aug 27 2016, 09:56 PM

On my way
574 posts

QUOTE(quineMc @ Aug 27 2016, 10:57 AM)
Hi,anyone using iOS 10 beta here?does it affect day to day operation?
QUOTE(afiqsabri @ Aug 27 2016, 01:59 PM)
hi, im new to this thread... just a simple question, anyone here using ios beta for their iphone, so far are they stable
If u use as daily driver, my advise is no

I use since beta 3

Bug so far
- waze crash
- safari crash
- snapchat delay
- whatsapp notifications delay
- bug in safari keyboard

But all okay after update

Updated to beta 7 or 8 i forgotten this morning

Din use phone much havenr see any problem
pspslim007
post Aug 27 2016, 10:06 PM

On my way
699 posts

QUOTE(dino89 @ Aug 27 2016, 10:33 AM)
Hah? iPhone purchased on Apple Malaysia website are locked? But how is it locked when Apple Malaysia products are not representing any Telco?
i dont know, cause when i landed in the states and tried to buy a sim card from them, it was all good until thye pop in the sim card and cant verify it, so they told me my set is locked and needs to be unlocked, but once i`ve reached the city, i manage to get a sim number and its all good, i dont know what they did but it was a quick setup less than 10 minutes tops.
KaiHD
post Aug 27 2016, 11:03 PM

Stan
1,157 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Aug 27 2016, 10:06 PM)
i dont know, cause when i landed in the states and tried to buy a sim card from them, it was all good until thye pop in the sim card and cant verify it, so they told me my set is locked and needs to be unlocked, but once i`ve reached the city, i manage to get a sim number and its all good, i dont know what they did but it was a quick setup less than 10 minutes tops.
which carrier? non-US iPhones are only intended to work with T-Mobile or AT&T in the US

also, when you buy an iPhone in Malaysia, it will only be unlocked if you do the setup with a local carrier first. after that only you can put in any SIM (Not sure about this but i think its true)

This post has been edited by KaiHD: Aug 27 2016, 11:04 PM
pspslim007
post Aug 28 2016, 06:36 AM

On my way
699 posts

QUOTE(KaiHD @ Aug 27 2016, 11:03 PM)
which carrier? non-US iPhones are only intended to work with T-Mobile or AT&T in the US

also, when you buy an iPhone in Malaysia, it will only be unlocked if you do the setup with a local carrier first. after that only you can put in any SIM (Not sure about this but i think its true)
yeah, i got my number from T mobile, but the funny things is, my mom using iPhone 6 Plus was able to use the air port line which if i not mistaken was ultra me, but my iPhone 6s Plus cant use it due to locked.
afiqsabri
post Aug 28 2016, 01:26 PM

Enthusiast
714 posts

QUOTE(MooTikPin @ Aug 27 2016, 09:56 PM)
If u use as daily driver, my advise is no

I use since beta 3

Bug so far
- waze crash
- safari crash
- snapchat delay
- whatsapp notifications delay
- bug in safari keyboard
But all okay after update
Updated to beta 7 or 8 i forgotten this morning
Din use phone much havenr see any problem
didnt update on beta 7? i used it on my ipad...so far ok, only minor glitch and bug, but its functioned totally.
giggs_509
post Aug 29 2016, 12:05 AM

Regular
1,409 posts

Is it possible to claim warranty on maxis iphone from mac city?
dragna
post Aug 29 2016, 01:09 AM

5,248 posts

QUOTE(giggs_509 @ Aug 29 2016, 12:05 AM)
Tak boleh afaik. Gotta go back to Maxis.
sonic_sphere
post Aug 29 2016, 02:31 AM

Casual
450 posts

QUOTE(dragna @ Aug 29 2016, 01:09 AM)
Tak boleh afaik. Gotta go back to Maxis.
But i've read somewhere in this forum (forgot which thread) saying that now we can send telco set to any authorized seller... Somebody pls cnfirm bout this...
giggs_509
post Aug 29 2016, 09:19 AM

Regular
1,409 posts

QUOTE(sonic_sphere @ Aug 29 2016, 02:31 AM)
But i've read somewhere in this forum (forgot which thread) saying that now we can send telco set to any authorized seller... Somebody pls cnfirm bout this...
Contacted apple support and being told should be no problem.
kahjye
post Aug 29 2016, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,453 posts

guys guys..need a quick advise.

my iphone 6s plus seems to have uneven screen.

all tempered glass sp i stick , got halo effect on the sides , cannot fully stick on the screen...

can i claim its warranty?
dino89
post Aug 29 2016, 02:26 PM

Dino89 Trading
4,943 posts

QUOTE(kahjye @ Aug 29 2016, 10:29 AM)
guys guys..need a quick advise.
my iphone 6s plus seems to have uneven screen.

all tempered glass sp i stick , got halo effect on the sides , cannot fully stick on the screen...

can i claim its warranty?
It is not uneven screen. It is the curved sides of the screen are more curved than standard iPhone screen.
iPhone screen are supplied by different suppliers, where some suppliers seem to have slight different curve tolerances on the side.
This cause the sides of any screen protector to be unable to stick on the screen properly / sides have halo effect, as screen protectors are tailored for the standard screen curve tolerance.

This problem has already persisted since iPhone 6/6 Plus days.
In terms of warranty, I dont think they will entertain, as technically this is not a defect and does not hinder the function / aesthetics of the iPhone. Apple is not obligated to cater their phones to be compatible with 3rd party accessories / screen protector, unless the accessory came from Apple themselves.

Of course you could try your luck and claim warranty, who knows they might accept but I wouldnt have high hopes.
dino89
post Aug 29 2016, 02:28 PM

Dino89 Trading
4,943 posts

QUOTE(giggs_509 @ Aug 29 2016, 12:05 AM)
Yes. If not mistaken since January 2016 (forgot which date), all iPhone warranty claims should go back to authorised service providers (Mac City, Machines, etc).
I saw the notice at a Maxis centre before nod.gif

I think all Telcos are the same already, need to go back to AASP
kahjye
post Aug 29 2016, 02:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,453 posts

QUOTE(dino89 @ Aug 29 2016, 02:26 PM)
It is not uneven screen. It is the curved sides of the screen are more curved than standard iPhone screen.
iPhone screen are supplied by different suppliers, where some suppliers seem to have slight different curve tolerances on the side.
This cause the sides of any screen protector to be unable to stick on the screen properly / sides have halo effect, as screen protectors are tailored for the standard screen curve tolerance.

This problem has already persisted since iPhone 6/6 Plus days.
In terms of warranty, I dont think they will entertain, as technically this is not a defect and does not hinder the function / aesthetics of the iPhone. Apple is not obligated to cater their phones to be compatible with 3rd party accessories / screen protector, unless the accessory came from Apple themselves.

Of course you could try your luck and claim warranty, who knows they might accept but I wouldnt have high hopes.
Thanks bro for making this so clear.

I totally get the idea already.

Thanks!!!

134 Pages « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0198sec    0.59    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:50 PM