42 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Taobao Reno Shopping, Share your experience

views

botack
post Jul 24 2016, 07:20 PM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(J_Vansen_S @ Jul 11 2016, 10:31 AM)
Opphs! i just bought tone of this same light same seller for the whole of my living room from taobao too...
Have not installed it yet though
QUOTE(Xccess @ Jul 11 2016, 11:18 AM)
Just standby extras in case individual lamp spoil. May get additional 4 sets for standby.
same case here and yet to install. Luckily I have bought extra just in case.laugh.gif
TSXccess
post Jul 24 2016, 07:33 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jul 24 2016, 07:20 PM)
same case here and yet to install. Luckily I have bought extra just in case.laugh.gif
What I do these days is to use only lights that is easy to replace, such as track lights and T5. Try not to ultilise recessed lights that often, damn troublesome when comes to replacement, worse case scenerio is breaking a big hole in plaster ceiling.

botack
post Jul 24 2016, 09:41 PM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Jul 24 2016, 07:33 PM)
What I do these days is to use only lights that is easy to replace, such as track lights and T5. Try not to ultilise recessed lights that often, damn troublesome when comes to replacement, worse case scenerio is breaking a big hole in plaster ceiling.
you got me thinking of just discarding it and go through with T5 instead. The recessed light will have a huge hole that is very hard to replace if anything happens.
TSXccess
post Jul 25 2016, 01:34 AM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jul 24 2016, 09:41 PM)
you got me thinking of just discarding it and go through with T5 instead. The recessed light will have a huge hole that is very hard to replace if anything happens.
Track lights and T5 will be the best. For washroom, kitchen area you'll still need either recessed DL or ceiling mount lights if no plaster ceiling. Just plan for long term.

J_Vansen_S
post Jul 25 2016, 12:52 PM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jul 24 2016, 09:41 PM)
Yeks! my fiberboard ceiling almost done and getting ready to ask the guys to cut hole for the lights i bought from TB

U guys reckon using T5~, meaning go with cove lightings~?

I forgo cove lighting for my entire house except for the entertainment room, due to dust and dirt collection and hard to maintain cove lighting?

Advise? what do you guys think
TSXccess
post Jul 25 2016, 12:56 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(J_Vansen_S @ Jul 25 2016, 12:52 PM)
Yeks! my fiberboard ceiling almost done and getting ready to ask the guys to cut hole for the lights i bought from TB

U guys reckon using T5~, meaning go with cove lightings~?

I forgo cove lighting for my entire house except for the entertainment room, due to dust and dirt collection and hard to maintain cove lighting?

Advise? what do you guys think
Cove lights are my favorite, ain't bother by dust since hidden plus it's easy for light replacement. These days recessed lights all LED, in any case if LED bulb spoil, have to remove entire casing and may result to damage plaster ceiling. For my home, I'll make sure my main lights are cove then followed by track lights, recessed lights more for back-up or decorative purposes.

Unlike before when using PLC tube with ballast, those old school lights are easier to replace but their consider outdated. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Xccess: Jul 25 2016, 01:00 PM
marcus_bread
post Jul 28 2016, 09:55 AM

On my way
505 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Jul 25 2016, 12:56 PM)
Cove lights are my favorite, ain't bother by dust since hidden plus it's easy for light replacement. These days recessed lights all LED, in any case if LED bulb spoil, have to remove entire casing and may result to damage plaster ceiling. For my home, I'll make sure my main lights are cove then followed by track lights, recessed lights more for back-up or decorative purposes.

Unlike before when using PLC tube with ballast, those old school lights are easier to replace but their consider outdated. sweat.gif
hi Xccess, is it bright enough (i mean good for reading) by using cove lightings as ur main light?
also if i wan to do cove lightings then i must have plaster ceiling in the house right? correct me if im wrong.
Thx for ur input. notworthy.gif
TSXccess
post Jul 28 2016, 10:46 AM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(marcus_bread @ Jul 28 2016, 09:55 AM)
hi Xccess, is it bright enough (i mean good for reading) by using cove lightings as ur main light?
also if i wan to do cove lightings then i must have plaster ceiling in the house right? correct me if im wrong.
Thx for ur input.  notworthy.gif
Cove lighting mostly only look good with warm white light/Orange, I would say not ideal for reading. Definitely need plaster ceiling, you need to pair with LED downlights to make it bright.
botack
post Jul 28 2016, 11:47 AM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Jul 28 2016, 10:46 AM)
Cove lighting mostly only look good with warm white light/Orange, I would say not ideal for reading. Definitely need plaster ceiling, you need to pair with LED downlights to make it bright.
what LED downlights would you recommend from taobao or better buy from reputable brand?
TSXccess
post Jul 28 2016, 12:45 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jul 28 2016, 11:47 AM)
what LED downlights would you recommend from taobao or better buy from reputable brand?
Downlights I suggest you get Sora LED, can dim and switch between warm white or white light.

zackertashia
post Jul 28 2016, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Jul 28 2016, 12:45 PM)
Downlights I suggest you get Sora LED, can dim and switch between warm white or white light.
Sora i believe is local brand right? anyone found similar option with similar spec in taobao? i found the mi light last time but only e27 bulbs, looking for fixtures with the cool 3 mode colour and can be wifi controlled tongue.gif
TSXccess
post Jul 28 2016, 11:34 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

QUOTE(zackertashia @ Jul 28 2016, 05:50 PM)
Sora i believe is local brand right? anyone found similar option with similar spec in taobao? i found the mi light last time but only e27 bulbs, looking for fixtures with the cool 3 mode colour and can be wifi controlled  tongue.gif
Dealing with local seller is easier with comes to damage goods, I'm using these downlights on certain area, so far so good and really bright.
https://www.facebook.com/Sora-LED-Lighting-165473223636874/

jiayi0528
post Aug 1 2016, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

Dear All Sifus, just a sharing of a terribly bad experience I have with EZBuy Malaysia. Before this I had a few purchases from them and the experiences are from good to average. However, the most recent parcel I received from them is the MOST FRUSTRATING AND THE WORST experience I ever had for online shopping. I ordered a pair of 30kg dumbbell in late June 2016 and I select the option of self collection. On 26 July 2016, I received sms from EZBuy that the parcel is finally arrived and I collected the parcel on 27 July at McD Prima Saujana. The item I received is not as description (the dumbbell only come with 3 x 2.5kg weight plate which is definitely far from the description of 30kg) and I called to their customer service (Mandy) on the above matter and also sent them an email to seek for a solution on this matter. Even though I am not happy with it but I am still able to tolerate with this as I understand that human tends to has mistakes.

Now the worst thing, on 28 July 2016, I received a call from PosLaju Malaysia informing me I have a parcel with them sent from Cheras to an address at Prima Saujana but they are unable to deliver as the address is incomplete and request me to self collect from their Bangi branch. At first I thought that it is a scam call and I did not ask much about it. After I got home I got curious what it might be and started to have a bad feeling about it that it might be the remaining weight plates of my dumbbell, so I search for EZBuy address and realise that their office is actually located at Taman Maluri Cheras and it further convinced me that it is my remaining weight plates. It then took me more than 20 calls to trace back the number that called me to get the tracking number of the parcel and another 2 hours to collect the parcel on the next day. vmad.gif mad.gif

How can EZBuy be so IRRESPONSIBLE and send out a parcel which I already indicated in my remarks by self collection? And the worse part, send to an address which I do not know how they get it. Before this I had a few parcel from EZBuy which is sent directly to my house and they definitely have the record of my address, even if they don't, they have my contact number to confirm on which address to send to. Why the hell are they sending it to a McD!? I AM EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED AND PISSED OFF BY THIS!!! ranting.gif bangwall.gif

And the name!! They are putting the name as my Login ID!! Which I will have to explain to the PosLaju officer during the collection. They are lucky as I take up the initiative to trace back the parcel and my Login ID is actually the combination of my name and birthday. What are they going to do if the parcel is no where to trace or I am unable to collect the parcel? Are they going to do full refund?

After collection of the 2nd parcel of the dumbbell, the item is still different from the description. The weight plate is different from their description but I do not intend to look into this matter as long as the weight is as per my order which is 30kg. Unfortunately, again the item is still short of 1 x 2.5kg plate after all the hassle. I have again email to them complaining about this but to date do not have any response from them yet. I do not have the intention to bad mouth about any one but this is just a sharing of experience I had with them. Of course, before this I do have some good experiences with them as well but this 1 will definitely make me think twice before I order anything else with them again. doh.gif
em0kia
post Aug 10 2016, 08:16 AM

Photography+Musician+Travelling
1,309 posts

QUOTE(FireIceCombo @ Dec 4 2015, 10:54 AM)
6' marble dining table and chairs - RM 1200 (here RM 6000 not inclusive chair)
8.5' chinese tea table using old junk ship wood - RM 1400 (here RM9000 south city plaza)
6 bedframe - RM 600 - RM 1800 each, diff variety though (here RM 1000+ each)
xiaomi air purifier - RM 450 (RMB 709, here lazada sell RM 800+)
lightings of sorts, chandeliers, night lights, etc etc. I managed to save around RM 4000 in lightings easily
sofa 12'x10' "L" shape contour - RM 1600+ (here i ask minimum need RM 6000)
bed sheet, towels, kitchen appliances, kitchen utensils, bathroom accessories, towel racks, rails,
wallpaper, tv racking, side tables, chairs, etc etc too many to name.

the stuff that i didnt dare to buy are the ones that are more sensitive or doesn't make the cut. like mattress, no need buy there la, too bulky to bring back. fridge also, too sensitive to buy from there. better buy those here. oven, kitchen hob, cooker, microwave, fan , air cond, all buy here cukup nia. tapau from there really dont make sense, although i will see alot more savings, but too risky if item breaks down, too lengthy to claim warranty.

bedsheet better be careful. those bedsheet i open up 1 by 1 to measure. alot say king size and even give the king size measurement but when u really measure, is totally out 1. pilow case is standard. is ok. quilt cover or duvet cover also is ok. standard size, just be careful when buying bed sheet from china. all the size is really tipu 1. just open up 1 by 1 and measure yourself.

i wanted to go hangzhou to buy some more but kena scolding coz already 2x40' liao. maybe after CNY i will go shop some more.
my port of clearance is from xiamen to port klang. i have logistics arm there in china and here so i can settle and clearance myself. for those who dont, be prepapred to kena.
Hey hey, sorry for bringing up this old post, but I wonder how much shipping fee do you pay for these items? Did you face any problem with the kastam?
FireIceCombo
post Aug 10 2016, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(em0kia @ Aug 10 2016, 08:16 AM)
Hey hey, sorry for bringing up this old post, but I wonder how much shipping fee do you pay for these items? Did you face any problem with the kastam?
no issue. vessel is USD 380 for 40' via shenzen. haulage FOC but usual charges are around 7-800 (klang val;ley area). admin fee, delivery documentation, etc etc etc FOC but usual charges are around RM 400-600 bucks. i not sure what other charges there are, forgot liao but i'm sure they are under RM 100. the bulk is usually vessel, warehouse, haulage.

em0kia
post Aug 10 2016, 01:15 PM

1,309 posts

QUOTE(FireIceCombo @ Aug 10 2016, 12:04 PM)
no issue. vessel is USD 380 for 40' via shenzen. haulage FOC but usual charges are around 7-800 (klang val;ley area). admin fee, delivery documentation, etc etc etc FOC but usual charges are around RM 400-600 bucks. i not sure what other charges there are, forgot liao but i'm sure they are under RM 100. the bulk is usually vessel, warehouse, haulage.
Did you get the price because you knew someone from the logistic company? regarding the usual charges that you mentioned, what/who did you base them on? so all the furnitures that you bought via 65daigou only cost you RM100 in total? Thats cheap drool.gif
FireIceCombo
post Aug 10 2016, 02:09 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(em0kia @ Aug 10 2016, 01:15 PM)
Did you get the price because you knew someone from the logistic company? regarding the usual charges that you mentioned, what/who did you base them on? so all the furnitures that you bought via 65daigou only cost you RM100 in total? Thats cheap  drool.gif
yes i have some connections with forwarders. am not sure whether i was given a special discount on vessel and all. i am not aware of that. my company imports and exports stuff so perhaps i was given a special deal because i told them these are my personal belongings that are coming in.

i did not buy that much from taobao or searchjd. most of it is via shop outlets, the actual retail centers. furnitures i kinda need to know how sturdy it feels before buying so , no choice, walk along the streets. as for bedsheets and all, also the same. some stuff can buy online la, like matress protector, some LED lightings, purifier all those etc etc.

my company has a warehouse and port in xiamen only. but since there are a major portion of my stuff from shezen , i just asked them to arrange at shenzen port. vessel chaaarges from shenzen is cheaper than xiamen anyway. and most expensive is from shanghai port if i not mistaken. shanghai warehouse i know not cheap 1.
em0kia
post Aug 10 2016, 06:22 PM

1,309 posts

QUOTE(FireIceCombo @ Aug 10 2016, 02:09 PM)
yes i have some connections with forwarders. am not sure whether i was given a special discount on vessel and all. i am not aware of that. my company imports and exports stuff so perhaps i was given a special deal because i told them these are my personal belongings that are coming in.

i did not buy that much from taobao or searchjd. most of it is via shop outlets, the actual retail centers. furnitures i kinda need to know how sturdy it feels before buying so , no choice, walk along the streets. as for bedsheets and all, also the same. some stuff can buy online la, like matress protector, some LED lightings, purifier all those etc etc.

my company has a warehouse and port in xiamen only. but since there are a major portion of my stuff from shezen , i just asked them to arrange at shenzen port. vessel chaaarges from shenzen is cheaper than xiamen anyway. and most expensive is from shanghai port if i not mistaken. shanghai warehouse i know not cheap 1.
Thanks for the info! now I know shenzhen is cheapest hehe! How about hong kong? I saw a lot of items actually ship from there. Most of them are Alibaba/aliexpress. Is there any reason for that?
IceBikers
post Aug 22 2016, 10:12 AM

Enthusiast
957 posts

any recommendation of forwarder or agent, if I wan to bring this in?

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=524907735033

veron4best
post Aug 22 2016, 09:21 PM

Regular
1,146 posts

QUOTE(IceBikers @ Aug 22 2016, 10:12 AM)
any recommendation of forwarder or agent, if I wan to bring this in?

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=524907735033
Just a suggestion.

ezbuy: loft美式铁艺餐桌咖啡厅桌6人饭桌子实木仿古办公桌长方形工作台

Ezbuy: American country Nordic coffee, tea tables and chairs retro wrought iron dining table solid wood

ezbuy: American country Nordic coffee, tea tables and chairs retro wrought iron dining table solid wood

ezbuy: American vintage wrought-iron furniture solid wood dining table rectangular Desk computer table

ezbuy: loft美式铁艺餐桌咖啡厅桌6人饭桌子实木仿古办公桌长方形工作台

This item is PRIME eligible item in ezbuy which is only RM8.80 shipping fees.

This post has been edited by veron4best: Aug 22 2016, 09:25 PM

42 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0454sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:59 PM