Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Perks of Applying Job Through Recruitment Agency, just want to share about it

views

TSeugene9201
post Dec 1 2015, 05:09 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
134 posts

For people who don't know the existence of recruitment agency (there are, really) or afraid to apply through agency.

Disclaimer: This depends on case to case. Not all recruitment agencies are like this.

Basically recruiters will get vacancy information from their clients and obtain the permission to contact candidates on behalf on them. Recruiters will be the middle person for job seeker and company, from the job application until candidate joining the company.

1. Due to some reasons (need to fire current staff etc.) some companies do not advertise/release their job vacancy information.

2. Recruiters sometimes can let you know more information of the company benefits before you apply to the position.

3. Recruiters will do their best to let you understand the job function and working environment.
(After all they want to make sure you are the suitable candidate, so that they can get commission)

4. Recruiters will help you to tidy up your CV (e.g. typo, format, etc.)

5. Recruiters will follow up your application for you.

6. Can get more insight about the interview.

7. Can help you to fight for your expected salary when necessary (does not mean you want how high then they will give you how high, need to reasonable).

8. Higher chance to get an interview - your CV will be directly send to the hiring manager

Feel free to ask if you have any questions smile.gif

This post has been edited by eugene9201: Dec 3 2015, 05:57 PM
carineqq
post Dec 1 2015, 05:52 PM

13 posts

Are u a recruiter from those recruitment agency...
carineqq
post Dec 1 2015, 05:53 PM

13 posts

Are u a recruiter from those recruitment agency...
TSeugene9201
post Dec 1 2015, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(carineqq @ Dec 1 2015, 05:53 PM)
Are u a recruiter from  those recruitment agency...
I'm a recruiter but not sure which are those recruitment agencies you are saying.

Not going to promote my company here, just want to share info and answer if anyone has question regarding recruiter or recruitment agency.
MEngineer
post Dec 1 2015, 06:20 PM

...Look at my stars...
850 posts

Since you are a recruiter also. Help me bust this myth. The myth is applying through a recruiter will always get lower salary because hiring company has to allocate some money to pay of your agency's fee for a successful candidate.

In reality this is the good side story of recruiter. There are recruiter approach people with the pretext an available opening. However upon providing the CV that is the last you hear from the recruiter. I believe there are recruiter that just want to harvest a large amount of CVs just to build a bank but they don't have an opening actually available.

This post has been edited by MEngineer: Dec 1 2015, 06:20 PM
TSeugene9201
post Dec 1 2015, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(MEngineer @ Dec 1 2015, 06:20 PM)
Since you are a recruiter also. Help me bust this myth. The myth is applying through a recruiter will always get lower salary because hiring company has to allocate some money to pay of your agency's fee for a successful candidate.

In reality this is the good side story of recruiter. There are recruiter approach people with the pretext an available opening. However upon providing the CV that is the last you hear from the recruiter. I believe there are recruiter that just want to harvest a large amount of CVs just to build a bank but they don't have an opening actually available.
My question, how you know if you get lower salary if you apply from recruiters?

Every person is unique (educational background, experience, current/last drawn salary, skills, etc.)
There are many factors company consider before giving hiring offer and the hiring fees should come from company hiring budget not candidate salary.

From my experience, salaries are always given according to your experience, and especially current/last drawn salary.
Whether or not a company allocates the salary budget to hiring fees, I haven't see a company will provide salary a lot more than what the candidate expected/worth yet.

You see...
Recruitment agencies need jobseekers in their database, so when they have vacancies they can contact the potential candidate directly.

Like you register at Jobstreet, you are just one the jobseekers in their database and so that potential employers can find your resume.
You won't say Jobstreet just want to build a bank, right? And you want recruiters to call you when there is any suitable vacancy for you, right? smile.gif

Besides, what is your loss when you deposit your resume in a recruitment agency?
siacw04
post Dec 1 2015, 07:26 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Why salary must base on the last drawn? If a junior candidate come from a MNC is getting more than a senior manger from cinapek company, are you going to pay more for the junior staff?

I think it is just the lazy ass HR don't want to do any research on what the position actually worth.

I was approached by an international recruitment agent. Thanks to Najib, I use to be getting 1k USD and now it is only worth 700. So I ask for 1.5k and bla bla bla the agent say it is double of what you getting.

This post has been edited by siacw04: Dec 1 2015, 07:33 PM
MeToo
post Dec 1 2015, 07:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(siacw04 @ Dec 1 2015, 07:26 PM)
Why salary must base on the last drawn? If a junior candidate come from a MNC is getting more than a senior manger from cinapek company, are you going to pay more for the junior staff?

I think it is just the lazy ass HR don't want to do any research on what the position actually worth.

I was approached by an international recruitment agent. Thanks to Najib, I use to be getting 1k USD and now it is only worth 700. So I ask for 1.5k and bla bla bla the agent say it is double of what you getting.
Usually last drawn salary will be used for low paid employees.

My last interview.. the HR never even asked for my last drawn salary...

wait... I didnt even meet the HR until my first day in office... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by MeToo: Dec 1 2015, 07:42 PM
TSeugene9201
post Dec 1 2015, 07:47 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

Most of the time, company has their own salary structure.

I said so because there are candidates who expecting much more higher than their current salary.
Most of them are job hopper, or they are happy with their current job and applying anyway to see if they hit the 'jackpot', to see if any company can offer them a lot more than they having now.

First of all, hardly (read impossible) a junior executive can earn more than a senior manager, no matter which company they are from.
If it really happens, no, company will not pay more to an executive. The highly paid executive won't go to apply to that low salary chinapek company anyway.

Try your best too negotiate. You can reject the offer if you think they are offering lower than what you worth.

hercules899
post Dec 1 2015, 07:51 PM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(MEngineer @ Dec 1 2015, 06:20 PM)

Yes, normally, say the position is secured through a recruitment agency, the salary paid to the successful candidate will always be lower than the original budgeted salary from the hiring company.

Most of the time, the recruiter or headhunter would not even know the budgeted salary amount because this is P&C , the hiring company would not give out such info easily. The recruiter can make a guess of the budgeted salary based on the agency' experiences dealing with the hiring company.

Having said that, those really high end or good-pay kinda jobs were secured through recruitment agency.

hercules899
post Dec 1 2015, 07:54 PM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(eugene9201 @ Dec 1 2015, 07:47 PM)

I said so because there are candidates who expecting much more higher than their current salary.
Most of them are job hopper, or they are happy with their current job and applying anyway to see if they hit the 'jackpot', to see if any company can offer them a lot more than they having now.

First of all, hardly (read impossible) a junior executive can earn more than a senior manager, no matter which company they are from.
If it really happens, no, company will not pay more to an executive. The highly paid executive won't go to apply to that low salary chinapek company anyway.

Try your best too negotiate. You can reject the offer if you think they are offering lower than what you worth.
man, you are not into the field long enough. I can tell you what others say is right .

Most of the time, a junior manager (china-man) is not even earning more than the senior executive from MNCs.
F0F0

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(eugene9201 @ Dec 1 2015, 06:50 PM)

Every person is unique (educational background, experience, current/last drawn salary, skills, etc.)
There are many factors company consider before giving hiring offer and the hiring fees should come from company hiring budget not candidate salary.

From my experience, salaries are always given according to your experience, and especially current/last drawn salary.
Whether or not a company allocates the salary budget to hiring fees, I haven't see a company will provide salary a lot more than what the candidate expected/worth yet.

You see...
Recruitment agencies need jobseekers in their database, so when they have vacancies they can contact the potential candidate directly.

Like you register at Jobstreet, you are just one the jobseekers in their database and so that potential employers can find your resume.
You won't say Jobstreet just want to build a bank, right? And you want recruiters to call you when there is any suitable vacancy for you, right?  smile.gif 

Besides, what is your loss when you deposit your resume in a recruitment agency?
I not really agreed with the BOLD part. It's rare, but it does exist.
hercules899

Casual
322 posts

I agree to this wholeheartedly .
TSeugene9201
post Dec 1 2015, 08:12 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(hercules899 @ Dec 1 2015, 07:54 PM)
man, you are not into the field long enough. I can tell you what others say is right .

Most of the time, a junior manager (china-man) is not even earning more than the senior executive from MNCs.
True, we are using different comparison here tho.
A Senior Executive can earn more than a Junior Manager, sometimes the Senior Executive can even has more working experience than the Junior Manager (depends on company structure).

Just that a 2-3 years junior executive can't be earning much than a 10-15 years experience senior manager.

It depends on situations, because if you are comparing a person who sell credit card/insurance and HR Senior Manager. A fresh graduate or SPM leaver can earn more than a senior manager.

The reason why I said depends on last drawn and current salary is because when you are earning RM 4k now, then company can't want you to accept salary of RM 3.5k.

But again, it depends on situation.

This post has been edited by eugene9201: Dec 1 2015, 08:13 PM
hercules899
post Dec 1 2015, 08:36 PM

Casual
322 posts

QUOTE(eugene9201 @ Dec 1 2015, 07:47 PM)

This goes both way.

Most of the time , the recruitment agency does not even have a job yet they advertise many jobs just to collect CVs for their future reference .

Most of the time , the hiring company does not really wanna hire a particular person but just call that person to interview for the sake of interviewing or see how the interviewee is desperate to accept what ever offer offered to them.

If you say candidates are expecting much more than he is worth, why call him to interview in the 1st place . The candidates should not reveal his current salary. those candidates must be naive or inexperienced .
Honestly, a salary should not be offered to a person based on his/her previous salary . What is the logic behind this ? Say now , a 40-year-old got retrenched from Oil & Gas and he was earning RM 20,000 .

Based on his RM20,000 salary, can he work in KFC asking for RM 24,000 ?

A job's pay should be based on its corresponding responsibility and then its market rate. Not the candidate previous pay. Duh.

siacw04
post Dec 1 2015, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Let say I am working oversea on a USD contract, will the local company match my last drawn.
Gallardo
post Dec 1 2015, 09:53 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(hercules899 @ Dec 1 2015, 08:36 PM)
This goes both way.

Most of the time , the recruitment agency does not even have a job yet they advertise many jobs just to collect CVs for their future reference .

Most of the time , the hiring company does not really wanna hire a particular person but just call that person to interview for the sake of interviewing or see how the interviewee is desperate to accept what ever offer offered to them.

If you say candidates are expecting much more than he is worth, why call him to interview in the 1st place . The candidates should not reveal his current salary. those candidates must be naive or inexperienced .
Honestly, a salary should not be offered to a person based on his/her previous salary . What is the logic behind this ? Say now , a 40-year-old got retrenched from Oil & Gas and he was earning RM 20,000 .

A job's pay should be based on its corresponding responsibility and then its market rate. Not the candidate previous pay. Duh.
True that.

A person's previous salary does not necessarily determine how much experience they have or so they are worth that pay. In some companies, certain employees are underpaid compared with their job responsibilities and market rate and u will be surprised some might not even be aware of it. If his/her responsibility is of what expected and on par with market rate.
Eg. RM 3000 and jumped to RM5000 is reasonable.

QUOTE(eugene92 @ Dec 1 2015, 07:47 PM)
True, we are using different comparison here tho.
A Senior Executive can earn more than a Junior Manager, sometimes the Senior Executive can even has more working experience than the Junior Manager (depends on company structure).

Just that a 2-3 years junior executive can't be earning much than a 10-15 years experience senior manager.

It depends on situations, because if you are comparing a person who sell credit card/insurance and HR Senior Manager. A fresh graduate or SPM leaver can earn more than a senior manager.

The reason why I said depends on last drawn and current salary is because when you are earning RM 4k now, then company can't want you to accept salary of RM 3.5k.

But again, it depends on situation.

Quite subjective. Banker sales staffs that are selling credit cards/mortgage/personal loan's salary which has an incentive system on top of their basic with incentive tiers as their incentive is based on their sales effort. Bank staffs' total gross including commission is only comparative with another Sales related position or within the same industry.

This post has been edited by Gallardo: Dec 1 2015, 11:03 PM
carineqq
post Dec 2 2015, 01:40 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(hercules899 @ Dec 1 2015, 08:36 PM)
This goes both way.

Totally agree with u, experience before. I not from accounting background but I believe just because they want earn more commission or what, they just keep on pushing me interview those accounting jobs which are not basic accounting jobs but relate tresury those kind job scope and at the end going there, the hiring manager still saying Im not from acc base hard to learn from basic....And, seriouly I do really curious did the hiring manager got review our resume 1st before asking us coming for interview?? Really waste my time n money plus stress as the recruiter from that agency keep on calling me annoying me....
MEngineer
post Dec 2 2015, 05:53 AM

...Look at my stars...
850 posts

QUOTE(eugene9201 @ Dec 1 2015, 06:50 PM)

You see...

You won't say Jobstreet just want to build a bank, right? And you want recruiters to call you when there is any suitable vacancy for you, right?  smile.gif 

I don't know if The applicant will get less salary that was why I was asking.
Well Jobstreet advertised themselves as a website for people to look for employees and employers and do not mislead people.

Recruiters go on a pretext of available job opening to harvest people's cv which is not professional. In harsher words it is like cheating to get your cv by tempting the applicant with a fake job offer. Affer submitting that is the last you hear from recruitment agencies.

SUSnastyaheyyo
post Dec 2 2015, 05:58 AM

17 posts

Very useful, thanks! I really thought there's little difference between free search and companies

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:00 PM