Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> English ed people can combat discrimination., Mature discussions in Reddit.

views

SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 27 2015, 07:48 PM, updated 9y ago

n00b
943 posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/malaysia/comments/...am_categorized/

According to Malaysian society, I am categorized racially as a Chinese, and a banana as a racial slur for not being able to speak in my mother tongue.

I would like to take this opportunity to answer any of your questions, especially from those who think if I should ever be ashamed for not being able to speak in the tongue that I was expected to speak in accordance to the expectations of society (the Oriental society, mostly).

Any questions? I will answer them as honestly as possible.

limfreelance
post Nov 27 2015, 07:53 PM

Casual
335 posts

double standard wei..

matt salleh or other races belajar Mandarin....& cakap: ni hao ma?

ppl respond : u r funny yo...u r cute...haha not bad...

but when cainis cakap powerfull england...

ppl respond: OH god...grammar nazi!!

Pak lah!!!

France ppl dont like tourist speak in English, while German Hate ppl called them grammar (grammy) Nazi.

This post has been edited by limfreelance: Nov 27 2015, 08:00 PM
joey2
post Nov 27 2015, 07:57 PM

4 posts

if being racist in reddit will kena bora bora or not lol
SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 27 2015, 07:58 PM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(joey2 @ Nov 27 2015, 07:57 PM)
if being racist in reddit will kena bora bora or not lol
Why must be a racist?
shin_daria
post Nov 27 2015, 07:59 PM

24 posts

lul old post. malas mau necro.
limfreelance
post Nov 27 2015, 08:03 PM

Casual
335 posts

ppl nowaday very sensitive regard..races & religion....

example: bla bla bla "Jewish" bla bla bla, ...then jew come to u & say: I did heard u said jewish...u must critic jewish & bad mouthing.....

u know wat i mean lah icon_idea.gif

pml_318
post Nov 27 2015, 08:04 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

banana? who cares why the heck u couldn't speak any language natively but only broken english + broken mandarin ..... laugh.gif
jianh
post Nov 27 2015, 08:06 PM

What custom title???
920 posts

QUOTE(limfreelance @ Nov 27 2015, 07:53 PM)
double standard wei..

matt salleh or other races belajar Mandarin....& cakap: ni hao ma?

ppl respond : u r funny yo...u r cute...haha not bad...

but when cainis cakap powerfull england...

ppl respond: OH god...grammar nazi!!

Pak lah!!!

France ppl dont like tourist speak in English, while German Hate ppl called them grammar  (grammy) Nazi.
You go to angmo country and if pipu thr notice u speak strong english, u get praises as well
mowlous
post Nov 27 2015, 08:22 PM

Casual
492 posts

Nothing to be ashamed of. We are all born with the unique ability to pick up certain things we like by heart and soul. Its not a crime if you don't like chinese music. it's not discrimination, its just who you are. People who try to change your perspective by telling you what is right or what is wrong or how you should behave etc are the ones that discriminate the most, because they want you to be what they perceive what you should be.

Some people like sherlock holmes with england accent. Some people like sherlock holmes in mandrin. Both aren't wrong, its personal preference. The ones who tell you that sherlock holmes should only ever be published in english is ape from zaman batu.
luxollidd
post Nov 27 2015, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

malaysia is far from being discrimination-free state. of all the places i've travelled, can say this country's the most racist ( considering that they're between citizen, not toward foreigners / immigrants ).
SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 28 2015, 12:25 AM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(mowlous @ Nov 27 2015, 08:22 PM)
Nothing to be ashamed of. We are all born with the unique ability to pick up certain things we like by heart and soul. Its not a crime if you don't like chinese music. it's not discrimination, its just who you are. People who try to change your perspective by telling you what is right or what is wrong or how you should behave etc are the ones that discriminate the most, because they want you to be what they perceive what you should be.

Some people like sherlock holmes with england accent. Some people like sherlock holmes in mandrin. Both aren't wrong, its personal preference. The ones who tell you that sherlock holmes should only ever be published in english is ape from zaman batu.
The reason I'm bringing this up because I remember some thread there was another forummer saying that all bananas should feel SHAME for not being able to speak in their mother tongue.

I was however, unfortunately suspended for an entire month because of this (https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3788499), because otherwise I would have posted in that very thread. In addition, there are also people agreeing with that thread as well, all affirming how all bananas should feel shameful.

Thus, I am here to respond to that sentiment, with the creation of this thread.

This post has been edited by Deadlocks: Nov 28 2015, 12:25 AM
kamfoo
post Nov 28 2015, 12:39 AM

Enthusiast
793 posts

chinese who dunno chinese is not chinese....
SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 28 2015, 12:41 AM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(kamfoo @ Nov 28 2015, 12:39 AM)
chinese who dunno chinese is not chinese....
We didn't get to choose what we should be when we are born.

So instead, we just choose how to live our lives by ourselves, except that you people think we should be "more Chinese".

Is it wrong to live your life your own way? Why should one feel shameful because of that?

This post has been edited by Deadlocks: Nov 28 2015, 12:42 AM
Blofeld
post Nov 28 2015, 12:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(Deadlocks @ Nov 28 2015, 12:25 AM)
The reason I'm bringing this up because I remember some thread there was another forummer saying that all bananas should feel SHAME for not being able to speak in their mother tongue.

I was however, unfortunately suspended for an entire month because of this (https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3788499), because otherwise I would have posted in that very thread. In addition, there are also people agreeing with that thread as well, all affirming how all bananas should feel shameful.

Thus, I am here to respond to that sentiment, with the creation of this thread.
That thread was actually educational. It's a pity that it is seen as flame baiting.

Anyway, it is ironic that there are those who despised the bananas and yet these very same people hated the affirmative policies in our country.

SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 28 2015, 12:57 AM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(gymeister1990 @ Nov 28 2015, 12:45 AM)
problem is most banana can't even speak properly...
Whether or not they speak properly, why should they be ridiculed to be shameful?

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Nov 28 2015, 12:51 AM)
That thread was actually educational. It's a pity that it is seen as flame baiting.
Would you please help me to post your exact views in the Main Feedback thread? It wouldn't hurt to have people who understands how it isn't flame-baiting in the first place.

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Nov 28 2015, 12:51 AM)
Anyway, it is ironic that there are those who despised the bananas and yet these very same people hated the affirmative policies in our country.
I agree.

xecton
post Nov 28 2015, 01:03 AM

The Reverend
734 posts

Just tone down the english superiority complex will ya?
Blofeld
post Nov 28 2015, 01:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

QUOTE(Deadlocks @ Nov 28 2015, 12:57 AM)
Would you please help me to post your exact views in the Main Feedback thread? It wouldn't hurt to have people who understands how it isn't flame-baiting in the first place.
Since it's a free forum, we just have to follow what they said. biggrin.gif

bumi ini milik siapa
SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 28 2015, 01:06 AM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Nov 28 2015, 01:03 AM)
Since it's a free forum, we just have to follow what they said.  biggrin.gif

bumi ini milik siapa
I understand. But in this case, I would have to work a lil' extra by PMing every single mod in duty in a specific thread, and to seek permission by creating a topic at the Main Feedback thread, just to verify if they deemed anything that might be illusionary flame-baiting.
rooney723
post Nov 28 2015, 01:13 AM

On my way
577 posts

U lose ur identity, u r born a chinese but u dun giv a fark bout even learning to speak some chinese?? Isnt dat weird??

Imagine an englishman cannot speak english, u will feel weird oso rite??

n the funny thing is u r given so many chances to learn it in msia, chinese schools, chinese classes, chinese tv shows, chinese speaking ppl, all r here

We r nt like indonesia whr they ban chinese ppl frm learning their own tradition n language during suharto rule

n yet u bananas dun giv a slightest fark to even pick up ur own mother tongue n culture when so many things r provided here

Then go blame other ppl say why ppl call u a shame bla bla

Jz admit it dat u dun giv a single fark in learning more bout ur own culture n mother tongue, dun go blame other ppl for looking down at u
Blackops981
post Nov 28 2015, 01:15 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

>reddit
>mature discussion

much kek

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled