Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

May I at least get a reply?, In accordance to my previous suspension.

views

even_steven
post Nov 28 2015, 05:45 AM

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

QUOTE(Deadlocks @ Nov 28 2015, 05:38 AM)
The part that it actually it's a video with TWO races, not a RACIAL (as in racially incited issues) video per se.
The video is about a race and a religion fighting over a location. Which part of it did not involve the race/religion? It doesn't need to be racially incited. The rule clearly said any post/topic pertaining to race/religion is prohibited. Do you even understand what pertaining means?

SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 28 2015, 05:53 AM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(even_steven @ Nov 28 2015, 05:45 AM)
The video is about a race and a religion fighting over a location. Which part of it did not involve the race/religion? It doesn't need to be racially incited. The rule clearly said any post/topic pertaining to race/religion is prohibited. Do you even understand what pertaining means?
In that case, does a topic of a Malay, Indian and a Chinese eating together in a mamak be considered as "pertaining to race", simply because it involves three races? By your definition, it appears that the idea of a topic of three races eating together will be banned, because it's "pertaining to race".

And, no, it's not about religion. It is two people of different races fighting over a location. It is mainly POLITICAL in nature, and NOT religious, if you were to watch the video accordingly.

So stop ASSUMING that it is even a religious issue in the first place, can?

This post has been edited by Deadlocks: Nov 28 2015, 05:55 AM
even_steven
post Nov 28 2015, 05:57 AM

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

QUOTE(Deadlocks @ Nov 28 2015, 05:53 AM)
In that case, does a topic of a Malay, Indian and a Chinese eating together in a mamak be considered as "pertaining to racial", simply because it involves three races? By your definition, it appears that the idea of a topic of three races eating together will be banned, because it's "pertaining to racial".

And, no, it's not about religion. It is two people of different races fighting over a location. It is mainly POLITICAL in nature, and NOT religious, if you were to watch the video accordingly.

So stop ASSUMING that it is even a religious issue in the first place, can?
Yes it is. When you can simply say "3 person eating together at restaurant". Why need to mention the race?
SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 28 2015, 05:59 AM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(even_steven @ Nov 28 2015, 05:57 AM)
Yes it is. When you can simply say "3 person eating together at restaurant". Why need to mention the race?
Because that's how the news was reported. It is obviously a no-brainer to include those races, but that's exactly where I'm getting at. Just because a post involves races, IT DOES NOT MEAN it is a content of a racial issue.

So why not look at it as two different groups of people are fighting over a location (and not two religions, i.e. Christianity/Judaism vs. Islam, goodness it's so not like that at all), and understand how it is political in nature, and not religious?

This post has been edited by Deadlocks: Nov 28 2015, 06:02 AM
even_steven
post Nov 28 2015, 06:06 AM

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

QUOTE(Deadlocks @ Nov 28 2015, 05:59 AM)
Because that's how the news was reported. It is obviously a no-brainer to include those races, but that's exactly where I'm getting at. Just because a post involves races, IT DOES NOT MEAN it is a content of a racial issue.
The whole story of the news is about two sides that is fighting over a location because of religious/race reasoning. Hence why the race/religion is mentioned in the title. So it is a race/religion related topic.

This post has been edited by even_steven: Nov 28 2015, 06:06 AM
SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 28 2015, 06:15 AM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(even_steven @ Nov 28 2015, 06:06 AM)
The whole story of the news is about two sides that is fighting over a location because of religious/race reasoning. Hence why the race/religion is mentioned in the title. So it is a race/religion related topic.
It's hard not to report a story where it does not involve groups of people, especially when it comes to real world news. While it somehow relates to both races and the religious location, why must it be considered as something that it inciting racial / religious hatred? This is where I interpreted the rules, pertaining to race means pertaining to racially incited issues, and not just because there a races mentioned in the post.

This post has been edited by Deadlocks: Nov 28 2015, 06:17 AM
SUSRaikkonen
post Nov 28 2015, 06:18 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,635 posts

Morning happy.gif

Senior Member since 2008 but still won't follow rules.

Kesian.

SUSDeadlocks
post Nov 28 2015, 06:20 AM

n00b
943 posts

QUOTE(Raikkonen @ Nov 28 2015, 06:18 AM)
Morning happy.gif

Senior Member since 2008 but still won't follow rules.

Kesian.

Morning.

Of course. Rules are made to be followed, until you notice something is wrong.
fuzagi
post Nov 28 2015, 06:43 AM

Cushcushiers
1,044 posts

i feel how u view this liberally, but what we are using here is a forum in malaysia, with many users being malaysian and as we consciously know how united this nation is, there are many sensitive individual that might find it offensive or provoking. i believe the admins have the best interest in peace and harmony for this forum and its users. sooo, i guess we have to think for the forum and the restrictions that might be enforced on it.
MPIK
post Nov 28 2015, 03:54 PM

Regular
1,812 posts

Hi TS, I agreed with your arguments.

Actually this thread relates to religion but nobody ban it. Sad. https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3789206#top
RBR
post Nov 28 2015, 04:47 PM

keeping calm..
Group Icon
VIP
3,107 posts

So you have your reply and its unfortunate but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:54 PM