Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Collectibles Great British Locomotives Collection, OO Gauge (1:76 Scale) models

views

WingNut
post Jan 18 2016, 10:23 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(judge-the @ Jan 18 2016, 10:16 AM)
the only problem i have right now setting up and running the actual HO scale locos is space smile.gif

i think it wont survive till issues 48
hahaha... lack of space is always a "good" challenge to overcome blush.gif

the irony of this collection is that we may actually see all 48 issues since it may not be doing well elsewhere as well doh.gif

the good news is allscript is considering bringing in the ferrari collection next drool.gif

wait and see...
zemperor
post Jan 18 2016, 05:44 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(judge-the @ Jan 18 2016, 10:16 AM)
the only problem i have right now setting up and running the actual HO scale locos is space smile.gif

i think it wont survive till issues 48
haha laugh.gif
i already face this problem long time ago when i get the helicopter laugh.gif
and the giant warplane that i get recently still in package, not open yet sad.gif

but luckily, manage to squeeze in the issue 3
maybe the train is just long, unlike helicopter/bomber, long and wide laugh.gif
WingNut
post Jan 19 2016, 09:19 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(zemperor @ Jan 18 2016, 05:44 PM)
haha laugh.gif
i already face this problem long time ago when i get the helicopter laugh.gif
and the giant warplane that i get recently still in package, not open yet sad.gif

but luckily, manage to squeeze in the issue 3
maybe the train is just long, unlike helicopter/bomber, long and wide laugh.gif
yeah... the rotor diameter is a real pain with regard to the choppers. displaying them sans rotors would save you a massive amount of space but the display would look emasculated sweat.gif

the gwp collection is not so bad... just a couple of massive models like the globemaster, beriev a and the superfortress. besides, with only 24 issues, it's not gonna take up that much space (i could squeeze em all within two billy bookcase shelves... with some space to spare).

the locomotives are however still in their blister packs. it would be nice if they came in plastic cases and you could stack them... but they don't. so yeah, they take up quite a lot of space too rclxub.gif
zemperor
post Jan 19 2016, 08:59 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Jan 19 2016, 09:19 AM)
yeah... the rotor diameter is a real pain with regard to the choppers. displaying them sans rotors would save you a massive amount of space but the display would look emasculated  sweat.gif

the gwp collection is not so bad... just a couple of massive models like the globemaster, beriev a and the superfortress. besides, with only 24 issues, it's not gonna take up that much space (i could squeeze em all within two billy bookcase shelves... with some space to spare).

the locomotives are however still in their blister packs. it would be nice if they came in plastic cases and you could stack them... but they don't. so yeah, they take up quite a lot of space too  rclxub.gif
haha laugh.gif
the gwp that i have is the globemaster and the one that have a round radar dish on top of it laugh.gif

compare with gwp and helicopter, the locomotive is longer (for my issue 3 is longer, maybe some issue will shorter)
but not wide like wings of some gwp or rotor of helicopter laugh.gif

and yeah, too bad the locomotives do not come with plastic cases that like the tank...
maybe want to save cost tongue.gif
WingNut
post Jan 20 2016, 11:00 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(zemperor @ Jan 19 2016, 08:59 PM)
haha laugh.gif
the gwp that i have is the globemaster and the one that have a round radar dish on top of it laugh.gif

compare with gwp and helicopter, the locomotive is longer (for my issue 3 is longer, maybe some issue will shorter)
but not wide like wings of some gwp or rotor of helicopter laugh.gif

and yeah, too bad the locomotives do not come with plastic cases that like the tank...
maybe want to save cost tongue.gif
that would be the beriev a...

you will need a proper display cabinet to house the locomotives... bookcases are not deep enough unless you intend to display them in profile. problem with profile display is that you cannot arrange them parallel so yeah, plastic casing for stacking them upwards would've been ideal. but as you say... cost factor. sadly, getting a plastic casing that size would almost cost as much as the model itself. so they're still in their blister packs for now...
zemperor
post Jan 20 2016, 06:16 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Jan 20 2016, 11:00 AM)
that would be the beriev a...

you will need a proper display cabinet to house the locomotives... bookcases are not deep enough unless you intend to display them in profile. problem with profile display is that you cannot arrange them parallel so yeah, plastic casing for stacking them upwards would've been ideal. but as you say... cost factor. sadly, getting a plastic casing that size would almost cost as much as the model itself. so they're still in their blister packs for now...
haha laugh.gif
the radar plane is beriev a laugh.gif

i just manage to squeeze in my bookcases
the side that face outside / the side that i can see from glass is the side with the name
so when i look at it, the front of the locomotive is pointing to my left biggrin.gif

and yeah, if there's more than one locomotive and put it this way, one locomotive will be behind of another locomotive and cannot see those locomotive at the back...

maybe it can help a little if u raise the train at behind one slightly higher, make it something like staircase
or maybe turn the train a bit (around 45°)

but this way still need a big space because longer size for this locomotives collection...

probably best way is stack them up (just like the tanks tongue.gif ), but with this size, the casing not cheap...
i think so far, all the locomotive base is same size, right? only the locomotive size different...
maybe DIY some supports so one locomotive can stack on top of another locomotive laugh.gif
WingNut
post Jan 21 2016, 10:20 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(zemperor @ Jan 20 2016, 06:16 PM)
haha laugh.gif
the radar plane is beriev a laugh.gif

i just manage to squeeze in my bookcases
the side that face outside / the side that i can see from glass is the side with the name
so when i look at it, the front of the locomotive is pointing to my left biggrin.gif

and yeah, if there's more than one locomotive and put it this way, one locomotive will be behind of another locomotive and cannot see those locomotive at the back...

maybe it can help a little if u raise the train at behind one slightly higher, make it something like staircase
or maybe turn the train a bit (around 45°)

but this way still need a big space because longer size for this locomotives collection...

probably best way is stack them up (just like the tanks tongue.gif ), but with this size, the casing not cheap...
i think so far, all the locomotive base is same size, right? only the locomotive size different...
maybe DIY some supports so one locomotive can stack on top of another locomotive laugh.gif
but the best is having them face outwards... all in a row. i guess ikea's detolf would work hmm.gif
zemperor
post Jan 21 2016, 07:46 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Jan 21 2016, 10:20 AM)
but the best is having them face outwards... all in a row. i guess ikea's detolf would work  hmm.gif
u mean the front of the locomotive facing u when u see them?
well, there's a lot of way to display them, it's up to your creativity laugh.gif

but this way could be the best way to save space if u have a lot of locomotives laugh.gif
WingNut
post Jan 22 2016, 10:40 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(zemperor @ Jan 21 2016, 07:46 PM)
u mean the front of the locomotive facing u when u see them?
well, there's a lot of way to display them, it's up to your creativity laugh.gif

but this way could be the best way to save space if u have a lot of locomotives laugh.gif
yups... but only the front will be visible, not the entire side. i always prefer 3/4 angle display blush.gif

but still looking for space to display them. hahaha... may remain in the blister pack till dunno when rclxub.gif

thinking of disposing my heli collection (currently occupying three shelves) but still too attached to them sweat.gif
zemperor
post Jan 22 2016, 06:49 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Jan 22 2016, 10:40 AM)
yups... but only the front will be visible, not the entire side. i always prefer 3/4 angle display  blush.gif

but still looking for space to display them. hahaha... may remain in the blister pack till dunno when  rclxub.gif

thinking of disposing my heli collection (currently occupying three shelves) but still too attached to them  sweat.gif
i see...
yeah, it will be only visible for front area (maybe a little bit on side as well since will be some space between 2 locomotives) but it will be no choice if u have space issue laugh.gif

quite a waste to dispose your heli collection...
maybe u can try to sell it first...
WingNut
post Jan 23 2016, 10:06 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(zemperor @ Jan 22 2016, 06:49 PM)
i see...
yeah, it will be only visible for front area (maybe a little bit on side as well since will be some space between 2 locomotives) but it will be no choice if u have space issue laugh.gif

quite a waste to dispose your heli collection...
maybe u can try to sell it first...
hahaha... gotto brush up on my english. when i said dispose, i didn't mean throw them away... i meant selling them off. my bad.
TSstrikermac
post Jan 23 2016, 10:13 AM

2 posts

BTW, seen u all talk many about the Locomotives...
Could anyone share some detail photo of some new trains? brows.gif
Make this collection hot too, haha. tongue.gif
zemperor
post Jan 23 2016, 11:02 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Jan 23 2016, 10:06 AM)
hahaha... gotto brush up on my english. when i said dispose, i didn't mean throw them away... i meant selling them off. my bad.
haha laugh.gif
i see... don't worry about it, i'm always use google translate when some word i forgot the spelling tongue.gif

QUOTE(strikermac @ Jan 23 2016, 10:13 AM)
BTW, seen u all talk many about the Locomotives...
Could anyone share some detail photo of some new trains?  brows.gif
Make this collection hot too, haha. tongue.gif
i would like to see more nice pictures
but sorry, i only have issue 3 so far tongue.gif
TSstrikermac
post Jan 23 2016, 11:21 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(zemperor @ Jan 23 2016, 11:02 AM)

i would like to see more nice pictures
but sorry, i only have issue 3 so far tongue.gif
Is Ok, better than me juz got issue 1 and already share, hahahaha.
WingNut
post Jan 23 2016, 05:31 PM

0 posts

haha....mine still in blister pack sweat.gif
TSstrikermac
post Aug 12 2016, 08:14 AM

2 posts

Hi guys, anyone still collect the locomotives?
Mind to have show up some photos or info?
Seen the thread already open hope still see it going. tongue.gif
WingNut
post Aug 12 2016, 09:40 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(strikermac @ Aug 12 2016, 08:14 AM)
Hi guys, anyone still collect the locomotives?
Mind to have show up some photos or info?
Seen the thread already open hope still see it going. tongue.gif
i stopped at 10 bye.gif

TSstrikermac
post Aug 12 2016, 09:44 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Aug 12 2016, 09:40 AM)
i stopped at 10  bye.gif
Open from blister pack already?
Mind to show up? brows.gif
WingNut
post Aug 12 2016, 10:38 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(strikermac @ Aug 12 2016, 09:44 AM)
Open from blister pack already?
Mind to show up? brows.gif
nope... all still in blister packs. nowhere to display sweat.gif

but i saw issue #15 in bookstores already?
TSstrikermac
post Sep 22 2016, 10:36 AM

2 posts

BTW I think this collection did have some collectors, even at my place.
Last time, I saw many latest issues at my local bookstore... juz after a week, it left some issues only at display stand.
Don't know where actually collectors is, but I sure most of the collectors don't know we did open thread here for sharing. sweat.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:52 PM