views

TSragk
post Nov 17 2015, 11:16 PM, updated 9y ago

BooBoo~
2,265 posts

Harlo~
I'm trying to use this facebook connect plugin, but having some questions
from plugin guide https://github.com/Wizcorp/phonegap-facebook-plugin
that's 4 guides for diff platform which is iOS, Android, Browser and PhoneGap Build Guide.

1) Let say i only need iOs and Android, do i need to have 2 diff projects for each of the platform? Because both guides and step are diff.
2) What's PhoneGap Build? Whats the diff btw PhoneGap Build and Android/iOS?
3) Previously when i'm playing around i just use browser to debug, after i completed thn only i compile into platform to display in my phone. But im trying to import the plugin now, will this plugin work in browser when debugging? Or browser version actually already workable for all platforms? I know if i just test it out my self i will get the answer right away, but i havent get the plugin work yet.

This post has been edited by ragk: Nov 17 2015, 11:17 PM
pangch
post Nov 24 2015, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(ragk @ Nov 17 2015, 11:16 PM)
Harlo~
I'm trying to use this facebook connect plugin, but having some questions
from plugin guide https://github.com/Wizcorp/phonegap-facebook-plugin
that's 4 guides for diff platform which is iOS, Android, Browser and PhoneGap Build Guide.

1) Let say i only need iOs and Android, do i need to have 2 diff projects for each of the platform? Because both guides and step are diff.
2) What's PhoneGap Build? Whats the diff btw PhoneGap Build and Android/iOS?
3) Previously when i'm playing around i just use browser to debug, after i completed thn only i compile into platform to display in my phone. But im trying to import the plugin now, will this plugin work in browser when debugging? Or browser version actually already workable for all platforms? I know if i just test it out my self i will get the answer right away, but i havent get the plugin work yet.
1) no need , you just need to use One project but compile 2 diffrent ver : IOS and android
2 ) phonegap build ?? did u mean phonegap.com online build ?
- online build , phogap compile android and IOS version for you.
- local build ,configure your project, add in phonegap and plugin and compile it with your own mechine.
P/s : u need to own a MAC book to compile IOS

please note that online build u need to publish your source code to online and may cause your source code expose and effect your biz

3) the plugin wont works with yours browser . u need to compile it and test it using phone. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by pangch: Nov 24 2015, 04:27 PM
TSragk
post Nov 29 2015, 04:29 PM

BooBoo~
2,265 posts

QUOTE(pangch @ Nov 24 2015, 04:03 PM)
1) no need , you just need to use One project but compile 2 diffrent ver :  IOS and android
2 ) phonegap build ?? did u mean phonegap.com online build ?
    - online build , phogap compile android and IOS version for you.
    - local build ,configure your project, add in phonegap and plugin  and compile  it with your own mechine.
    P/s :  u need to own a MAC book to compile IOS 

please note that online build u need to publish your source code to online and may cause your source code expose and effect your biz

3)  the plugin wont works with yours browser . u need to compile it and test it using phone.  thumbup.gif
Thx for advice, sry for late reply, backpacking in Thailand last week, having limited internet access.
I know that's online and local build, but not sure about what the phonegap build mean, at this link https://github.com/Wizcorp/phonegap-facebook-plugin, under Facebook Requirements and Set-Up, thats a category called PhoneGap Build Guide.

And another question, since they have diff guide for android and iOS version, so is that mean it need 2 set of code? (or something like if else in the code to work for android/iOS individually?) And how do u actually step into the debug mode (break point), since they wont work in browser? Or we have to guess/mimic the flow?
pangch
post Nov 29 2015, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(ragk @ Nov 29 2015, 04:29 PM)
Thx for advice, sry for late reply, backpacking in Thailand last week, having limited internet access.
I know that's online and local build, but not sure about what the phonegap build mean, at this link https://github.com/Wizcorp/phonegap-facebook-plugin, under Facebook Requirements and Set-Up, thats a category called PhoneGap Build Guide.

And another question, since they have diff guide for android and iOS version, so is that mean it need 2 set of code? (or something like if else in the code to work for android/iOS individually?) And how do u actually step into the debug mode (break point), since they wont work in browser? Or we have to guess/mimic the flow?
i saw that step , the phonegap build mean u need to add extra line to the config file and that is the online build.

no need , just 1 set of code and compile diffrent version. if u can debug using android studio. smile.gif

(Your Code) ====> Android
||============> IOS

This post has been edited by pangch: Nov 29 2015, 06:26 PM
TSragk
post Nov 29 2015, 06:51 PM

BooBoo~
2,265 posts

QUOTE(pangch @ Nov 29 2015, 06:25 PM)
i saw that step , the phonegap build mean u need to add extra line to the config file and that is the online build.

no need , just 1 set of code  and compile diffrent version.  if u can debug using android studio. smile.gif
(Your Code) ====> Android
||============> IOS
mean i compile for iOS/Android each time made a changes? Those individual required step for each iOS/Android i just leave it there?
pangch
post Nov 29 2015, 08:20 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(ragk @ Nov 29 2015, 06:51 PM)
mean i compile for iOS/Android each time made a changes? Those individual required step for each iOS/Android i just leave it there?
u need to go tried to compile and u will know what i mean.

1 set of code. 2 compile version. biggrin.gif
TSragk
post Nov 30 2015, 03:30 PM

BooBoo~
2,265 posts

QUOTE(pangch @ Nov 29 2015, 08:20 PM)
u need to go tried to compile and u will know what i mean.

1 set of code. 2 compile version. biggrin.gif
ok thx notworthy.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:53 PM