Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Big 4 Recruitment Drive_v3

views

crystalfenix
post Aug 13 2019, 01:43 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(yundaley @ Aug 5 2019, 03:14 AM)
Hi, I would like to ask if anyone landed a job as financial advisory associate as fresh graduate or with working experience of 6 months or lesser as audit associate. Would love to hear any insight stories and tips! I thought of going after transaction service after my last ACCA paper.

And say if i couldn't join advisory with that experience, would working as financial analyst/associate in other MNC be sufficient for me to join advisory dept for big 4s in the future aside with working as audit? Also, when'll be the next intake for advisory for the big 4s? Thanks for replying in advanced.
Big 4 advisory usually only accept foreign grads if you are fresh.

After a few years experience, its definitely possible to join advisory. Seen ppl jump internally from audit to advisory within my firm.
crystalfenix
post Aug 13 2019, 01:45 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(Fairypoo @ Aug 12 2019, 01:39 AM)
Guys, want to ask your opinion.
I have been working with big four malaysia for almost 3 years, but I got offer with big five singapore.
Should I move to Singapore or just stay in Malaysia?
Not so sure you’re from audit or what. But in Sg it’s all about the money and whether you can adapt or not.

Some are able to some don’t. If you’re in audit, after 3 years you should be a senior position where in SG they place a really big reliance on the senior here as compared to Malaysia.
Vovovovo P
post Aug 15 2019, 06:15 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(MdmWSW @ Aug 7 2019, 01:37 PM)
After submitting my resume yesterday, KPMG called me for what it seems to be like a phone interview this morning. At the end, he mentioned that he will email me for documentation. Usually how long after they will send me the email as I am waiting for it now. sweat.gif

For those who have experienced this, how long it takes to proceed to the next stage?

Thanks
Hi! May i know if you submitted your resume & academic transcript in Microsoft Word document format or PDF?

Thanks
MdmWSW
post Aug 15 2019, 06:23 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(Vovovovo @ Aug 15 2019, 06:15 PM)
Hi! May i know if you submitted your resume & academic transcript in Microsoft Word document format or PDF?

Thanks
It's best to submit in PDF so the format won't run.
nogija P
post Aug 15 2019, 06:24 PM

Probation
30 posts

Apply to Big 4 and work like a cow... LoL True story
Vovovovo P
post Aug 16 2019, 12:34 AM

Probation
2 posts

May I know how do you all find out the hiring manager's name?
i dont know who to address to in my cover letter sad.gif
Win Win Inspiration
post Aug 16 2019, 10:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,708 posts

QUOTE(Fairypoo @ Aug 12 2019, 01:39 AM)
Guys, want to ask your opinion.
I have been working with big four malaysia for almost 3 years, but I got offer with big five singapore.
Should I move to Singapore or just stay in Malaysia?
How does the new offer fare against your current package? smile.gif
Also, consider the role and responsibilities that you are being offered there in Singapore, is there a big growth in terms of role advancement.
Topace111
post Aug 16 2019, 11:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(Win Win Inspiration @ Aug 16 2019, 10:34 AM)
How does the new offer fare against your current package?  smile.gif
Also, consider the role and responsibilities that you are being offered there in Singapore, is there a big growth in terms of role advancement.
You get same pay in SG albeit in SGD. Roles and responsibilities are largely the same but your portfolio has higher value to your firm (again the SGD value). However, that means your budget cost is higher so SG staffs are more likely to travel to other countries. Role advancement within the firm is largely the same in MYS but preference will be given to SGD citizens / expats. In MYS, this is hardly a concern. Outside Big4, you can apply to other SG firms but as a non-citizen, GLCs are off-limits and again preference will be given to SG people first.

Other than that, its good money (currency factor), higher purchasing power but off-set with high accommodation cost. And you need to like taking MRTs around.
sheyhere
post Aug 20 2019, 11:07 AM

24 posts

Hi guys, I need help.

I'm currently an A2 in audit at EY. As you all are aware, EY has set some requirements before we can get promoted to seniors (i.e. we need to pass certain number of papers).

I only started taking my papers when I was an A2 because it took the HR nearly 6 months before they could approve when I wanted to change from ICAEW to MICPA (despite being constantly chased by me). The current situation now is that I need to sit for this one paper in December before I can get promoted to senior but EY is not allowing me to take the paper due to the rule that we're only allowed to sit for 2 sittings per year. I took one exam in April 2019 and taking another one in September 2019.

As such, if I don't sit for this exam in December, I can only sit for the next sitting which is in April 2020, and my results would come out in May 2020 and thus, I would only get promoted in June 2020 instead of getting promoted in Jan 2020 if I sit for the exam in Dec 2019. This has stressed me out so much. I am really thinking of leaving EY at the moment. Does other big 4 have these policies? And should I want to join the other big 4, should I apply as an A2 or I should apply for senior role?

Thanks so much for your advise! x

This post has been edited by sheyhere: Aug 20 2019, 03:04 PM
BravoZeroTwo
post Aug 20 2019, 01:34 PM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(sheyhere @ Aug 20 2019, 12:07 PM)
Hi guys, I need help.

I'm currently an A2 in audit at EY. As you all are aware, EY has set some requirements before we can get promoted to seniors (i.e. we need to pass certain number of papers).

I only started taking my papers when I was an A2 because it took the HR nearly 6 months before they could approve when I wanted to change from ICAEW to MICPA (despite being constantly chased by me). The current situation now is that I need to sit for this one paper in December before I can get promoted to senior but EY is not allowing me to take the paper due to the rule that we're only allowed to sit for 2 sittings per year. I took one exam in April 2019 and taking another one in September 2019.

As such, if I don't sit for this exam in December, I can only sit for the next sitting which is in April 2020, and my results would come out in May 2020 and thus, I would only get promoted in June 2020 instead of getting promoted in Jan 2020 if I sit for the exam in Dec 2019. This has stressed me out so much. I am really thinking of leaving EY at the moment. Do other big 4 have these policies? And should I want to join other big 4, should I apply as an A2 or I should apply for senior role?

Thanks so much for your advise! x
Why did you decide to change course ? How many papers have you passed in ICAEW ?
sheyhere
post Aug 20 2019, 03:03 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Aug 20 2019, 01:34 PM)
Why did you decide to change course ? How many papers have you passed in ICAEW ?
I have not started any papers yet when I decided to change. I changed cause I have 11 papers left for ICAEW in comparison to 8 for MICPA.
Wanyee P
post Aug 21 2019, 12:20 AM

Probation
12 posts

Any age limit to enter as an audit associate level in big4?
For eg: just accept 25 age below.
artelle90
post Aug 21 2019, 06:58 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(Wanyee @ Aug 21 2019, 12:20 AM)
Any age limit to enter as an audit associate level in big4?
For eg: just accept 25 age below.
No limit, but your academic must be good enough.

They will ask you repeatedly during the call and final interview if you're ok working with much younger colleagues. So just try your best to convince them thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by artelle90: Aug 21 2019, 07:00 AM
FizeeLaa
post Aug 21 2019, 09:12 AM

6 posts

Anyone joining Deloitte on 3rd of September?
BravoZeroTwo
post Aug 21 2019, 10:19 AM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(sheyhere @ Aug 20 2019, 04:03 PM)
I have not started any papers yet when I decided to change. I changed cause I have 11 papers left for ICAEW in comparison to 8 for MICPA.
Thanks for replying. Are you from business background ?
sheyhere
post Aug 21 2019, 03:29 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Aug 21 2019, 10:19 AM)
Thanks for replying. Are you from business background ?
Yup did Accounting & Finance in uni.
Bullspike P
post Aug 21 2019, 07:43 PM

Probation
9 posts

Hey everyone, just made an acc here to ask a few questions lol

I'm an ACCA student and I'll be having my final paper which is AAA/P7 coming along this Sept. Currently studying in SunwayTES, and I'm a straight passer (fingers crossed!)with a first-class OBU degree.

Basically, I've deposited my resumes to EY and Deloitte for Audit Associate 2 position. Haven't done the same for KPMG but I've managed to meetup face to face with their HR team 2-3 times (due to events and what not). For PwC, I've applied for their Junior Xplorer programme last month, but still no answer.

My questions are:

1)I didn't join any clubs/societies during my college years, but I've joined a lot of competitions/tournaments and won placements. Will this be considered as extracurricular activities?

2)When are the typical recruitment drives during the year?

3) Is it cocky to the interviewer(s) if I answer the maximum amount for the expected salary? (ie RM 3.5k)

4) I've heard from classmates that KPMG has more Malays than other firms, is it true? Not to say that I have anything against them, just wanna clarify.

5) Do PwC and EY have any overseas secondment opportunities? I'm leaning more towards KPMG since they do have this available and blatantly advertised, but I haven't heard much from PwC and EY.

Thanks for answering my questions and sorry if these were asked before.

BravoZeroTwo
post Aug 22 2019, 09:55 PM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(sheyhere @ Aug 21 2019, 04:29 PM)
Yup did Accounting & Finance in uni.
Did you get any exemptions?
bella95 P
post Aug 23 2019, 09:18 AM

Probation
1 posts

Hello everyone. I would like to ask for your opinion.

I have already received an offer from PwC for this September intake as a tax associate.
In my offer letter, it stated that my appointment to the position is subject to my completion of
my Bachelor's degree in good standing and I am required to submit the copy of my final results
immediately upon its release.

Upon receiving my final examination results, I have already emailed the hiring manager.
However, I did not receive any replies from her. It had been 10 working days since the day I emailed her.

Should I call her?
Mahao
post Aug 24 2019, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(bella95 @ Aug 23 2019, 09:18 AM)
Hello everyone. I would like to ask for your opinion.

I have already received an offer from PwC for this September intake as a tax associate.
In my offer letter, it stated that my appointment to the position is subject to my completion of
my Bachelor's degree in good standing and I am required to submit the copy of my final results
immediately upon its release.

Upon receiving my final examination results, I have already emailed the hiring manager.
However, I did not receive any replies from her. It had been 10 working days since the day I emailed her.

Should I call her?
You should have followed up after a week. But anyway you've got the offer letter the power is in your hands. Unless your degree is not "in good standing" or whatever that mean.

119 Pages « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:47 PM