Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Q and A Format Pc, win7>win10, Raid0 + Overclocked., Please give me basic guide.

views

TSclivengu
post Nov 12 2015, 05:35 PM, updated 9y ago

Regular
1,849 posts

I have used my custom pc for almost 3 years now and I think it is about time to format and give it a refresh... at the same time try out the new windows 10.

My problem is I have no experience with formatting and setup a pc with Raid 00 + Overclocked. The normal format and reinstall of windows was fine for me... but not with raid 00 + OC thats why I appreciate master here can guide me through the basic.

Here is the spec of my pc:
-i7-3930k @ 3.2ghz (clocked to 4.3ghz)
-16 GB 1600mhz Ram
- Asus P9x79 Pro
-GeForce GTX680
-Corsair H100i water cooler
- 1x 120gb SSD for OS c:drive
- 2x 1TB hdd in raid 00 for storage files... separate into 2 partition
- Win7 Pro

For other machine, without raid setting and OC, I will usually backup all my files to external HDD. And wipe clean my C drive OS. Install drivers and all softwares. And copy back my files.
But for Raid 0 setting and OC I don't know where to start from and wish to get some tips.

Another question will be.. Since I got windows7 license... If I am to format my pc and want to install windows 10.. what is the best way to do it? Do I install my windows7 with my original license... After that only go for the windows 10 upgrade? Or is there a way to install windows 10 directly using my windows7 license. I have tried windows 10 on my win7 laptop before...(direct upgrade)... I realised that a lot of my softwares need to be reinstall to works properly. I have a feeling that it is best practice to install clean windows10, and not upgrade from win7. Any idea?

So here's my questions:
1. What is the sequence to format and install my windows 10?
2. how to set up Raid 0? Done during installation of windows or after?
3. how to OC... I have the original profile which has been tested by the merchant previously.. Can I reuse that ?

Please guide me.... or I also welcome people who can do the service for me at a price (maybe do some extra cleaning too). But I do hope to learn to DIY too. Thanks.

wkc
post Nov 17 2015, 04:02 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

You want to create RAID 0 on windows 10?
TSclivengu
post Nov 17 2015, 07:05 PM

Regular
1,849 posts

I realised the OC and Raid 0 are set on the bios... so I can just reformat my pc without much to worry. Is a risk I took without actually making sure.. but luckily it works and now Im running it well on Win10.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:43 AM